Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2017 NHL Entry Draft

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2016, 01:55 PM
Montecristo

vCash: 500
I saw some lists that had mittelstadt in the middle of round 1. That's my target, that's my guy. He was AWESOME in the u-18s. So good I wanted him in round 1 of the 16 draft until I realized he was a year younger than draft eligible players. He's had a decent start in the ushl and I'm hoping he doesn't explode because he's a steal at 16 or so if he makes it there. I'd trade up for him. This prospect pool is so flooded with similar type players at every position I think BPA actually makes sense in this case (besides G)

Lw
Debrusk
Vatrano
Heinen
Bjork
Cehlarik

C
JFK
Frederic
Donato

RW
pastrnak
Senyshyn

LHD
Zboril
O gara
Lindgren
Grzcelyk

RD
Mcavoy
Carlo

G
mcintyre
Subban
Vladar

Team is very deep prospect wise.

Mittelstadt screams bruin (but I bet MN takes him)

Old
11-15-2016, 01:59 PM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINE-IAC View Post
They should have kept Martin jones @ 3 years 3 mill per IMO .
One of the more knowledgable and reliable posters alluded to the notion that this was indeed the plan, but moving Rask was nixed from above. Hence, he was moved for the best return.

Old
11-15-2016, 02:02 PM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

If another Chychryn can drop to the mid-late teens, I'm hoping someone good drops to the Bruins for whatever reason (loosely guessing we are picking somewhere between 12-18)

Old
11-15-2016, 02:19 PM
whatsbruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerTurnedBruin55 View Post
One of the more knowledgable and reliable posters alluded to the notion that this was indeed the plan, but moving Rask was nixed from above. Hence, he was moved for the best return.
I think an insider, perhaps Dom, stated that had they moved Rask, it would have been the 3rd significant piece (Lucic and Hamilton the other 2) and B's mgmt thought that would not go over well with the fans.

Old
11-15-2016, 02:54 PM
Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsbruin View Post
I think an insider, perhaps Dom, stated that had they moved Rask, it would have been the 3rd significant piece (Lucic and Hamilton the other 2) and B's mgmt thought that would not go over well with the fans.
Also rasks huge salary and NMC (I think he had that then, maybe not) made it difficult to sell rask. Many teams that are just a goalie away can't afford a 4~ million dollar uptick in cap space to bring one aboard. And aren't willing to deal expensive and valuable forwards for a goalie upgrade. not sure what any of this convo has to do with the upcoming draft though

Old
11-15-2016, 04:02 PM
Dom - OHL
ohlwriters.me

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerTurnedBruin55 View Post
If another Chychryn can drop to the mid-late teens, I'm hoping someone good drops to the Bruins for whatever reason (loosely guessing we are picking somewhere between 12-18)
Nicolas Hague. Though I doubt he drops

Last edited by Dom - OHL: 01-01-2017 at 12:24 PM.
Old
11-15-2016, 04:10 PM
Dom - OHL
ohlwriters.me

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsbruin View Post
Wasn't me originally, but I know where it came from.

Here's how it went down:

There was a rumor at the draft that the Bruins were shopping Rask. I believe it was Elliotte Friedman that then stated Don Sweeney said they are not shopping Rask.

I got a text from someone from an NHL organization that in fact they were talking to the Bruins about Rask.

As I was messaging someone with ties to the Bruins front office, he was messaging me at the exact same time with a "Rask is next".

Do I believe Rask was being shopped? Absolutely. Do I think it would have been a wise decision? Not for me to decide, especially not knowing the return.

But I do believe the negativity surrounding what the Bruins had done up to that moment from the hockey world had a role to play in the decision not to make a deal.

Old
12-07-2016, 11:12 AM
Gee Wally
Global Moderator
True Grit

Awards:
Sportsnetís 2017 NHL Draft Prospect Rankings for December
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/junio...ings-december/

You tell 'em I'M coming...

and Hell's coming with me, you hear?! ... Hell's coming with me!
Old
12-07-2016, 11:15 AM
pierre gagnon*

BSA = Best Sniper Available hopefully with size like a Simmonds type

Old
12-07-2016, 11:23 AM
Dr Hook

Send a message via MSN to Dr Hook
If he's available, what do we think about Maxime Comtois?

Old
12-07-2016, 11:41 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

I really like Robert Thomas. The kid is so slick and skilled. I'm surprised he's not getting more press

Last edited by VeddarRants: 01-23-2017 at 07:40 PM.
Old
12-07-2016, 12:14 PM
JAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom - OHL View Post
Wasn't me originally, but I know where it came from.

Here's how it went down:

There was a rumor at the draft that the Bruins were shopping Rask. I believe it was Elliotte Friedman that then stated Don Sweeney said they are not shopping Rask.

I got a text from someone from an NHL organization that in fact they were talking to the Bruins about Rask.

As I was messaging someone with ties to the Bruins front office, he was messaging me at the exact same time with a "Rask is next".

Do I believe Rask was being shopped? Absolutely. Do I think it would have been a wise decision? Not for me to decide, especially not knowing the return.

But I do believe the negativity surrounding what the Bruins had done up to that moment from the hockey world had a role to play in the decision not to make a deal.
Well, based on what you shared adove and without knowing more details, another team inquiring about Rask and possibly putting forth an offer does not mean the Bruins were actively shopping Rask. But it is quite possible the offer caused the Bruins to pause and seriously consider the offer.
Speculation - It would be interesting to know what was offered though. Maybe in 20 years we will know if someone talks.

Old
01-14-2017, 07:11 AM
Gator Mike

Anyone have any thoughts on Jesse Gabrielle's new teammate Nikita Popugaev?

Scouting reports/online videos make him sound pretty intriguing... good size, great shot, quick release, good skater. Sounds like he doesn't play much defense, which could be disqualifying as far as Boston is concerned.

Old
01-23-2017, 07:32 PM
Bruins78

I'm really liking Martin Necas...200 foot game, 6 feet but only 168...needs to get stronger, skating looks very good and seems to have a good hockey IQ. We obviously have some centers but think we need to grab a future #1/2 type...any of Frederic, JFK or Donato seem like they could fill a 2/3 role but personally think they all profile as #3 types...could see Frederic or Donato on the wing as well. Hoping we find a new home for Krejci.

Also liking what I've read about Cody Glass...Fonz or any of our WC guys seen this kid? Putting up good points, seems to be a plus skater and sounds like there is a good compete level there.

Necas has some helium and sounds like he'll be a 4-10 range guy. Glass is all over the place but sounds like more of a 15-25 range guy as if now.

Old
01-23-2017, 07:39 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
I really like Robert Thomas. The kid is so slick and skilled. I'm surprised he's not getting more press

This is still my guy but I don't know enough of the rest of the draft to say if he's correct value for where the Bruins are potentially picking from.

Old
01-23-2017, 08:23 PM
BB88

So we do have a draft thread.

Liljegren,
McAvoy,
Carlo.

Old
01-23-2017, 09:30 PM
JoeIsAStud

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB88 View Post
So we do have a draft thread.

Liljegren,
McAvoy,
Carlo.

Liljegren looks really good, but he is a top 7 guy most likely

If this team is bad enough to be a top 7 type team, I really hope they are able to get one of the potential top line Centers that this draft looks so deep in

Old
01-23-2017, 09:36 PM
Ratty

Not surprised this thread was re-ignited. Wonder why? Could it be that our team has improved its draft position in recent weeks? Now we're looking at prospects who earlier we thought were beyond our reach.

Old
01-23-2017, 09:37 PM
Bad Puck Bounce
Long live the Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIsAStud View Post

If this team is bad enough to be a top 7 type team, I really hope they are able to get one of the potential top line Centers that this draft looks so deep in
This is how I feel. Boston is hopefully looking at trying to draft a top line, franchise leading kind of centre. They might have the wing version in Pastrnak and the defense version in McAvoy.

Old
01-23-2017, 09:38 PM
BB88

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIsAStud View Post

Franchise C is my #1 wish, but right now Boston has a better chance to pick up Liljegren. Missing time has lowered his ranking, that will likely change though.

Franchise defenseman is #2 wish, and having Liljegren, McAvoy, Carlo on the system would allow to use one of them on a trade for a high end C.

Old
01-24-2017, 12:53 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

This guy has us picking Ryan Poehling at #20

http://www.thedraftanalyst.com/mock-...draft-round-1/

Quote:
Poehling is a big-bodied center who is the only 1999-born player participating in Division I hockey. Being a freshman on a strong St. Cloud State squad pushes him into a depth role, but his upside is well within a top line position. He can provide superior play in every situation and displays enough flash to make the thought of becoming a star discernible. Poehling was a big reason why Team USA can within a whisker of winning gold at the Ivan Hlinka, playing close to 20 minutes a game and producing highlight-reel plays.

Old
01-24-2017, 01:00 AM
Lobster57
nosdoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
This guy has us picking Ryan Poehling at #20

http://www.thedraftanalyst.com/mock-...draft-round-1/
the only way the B's draft anywhere close to #20 is if they trade a big piece for a 1st.

Old
01-24-2017, 06:34 AM
BruinLVGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster57 View Post
the only way the B's draft anywhere close to #20 is if they trade a big piece for a 1st.
?

The Bruins stand currently at #19 in points percentage (0.520). If all teams would end the regular season with points generated by their current points percentage, that would be a 12th OA pick for us.

Then, one has to consider that the difference in points percentage is microscopic all the way to the current 25th team (Calgary, 0.510), that's a 6th OA pick within a fraction of an inch.

To be frank, the Bruins are also easily within up to the 3rd OA. Because Winnipeg, 3rd last in point percentage @ 0.480, has 48 points in 50 games. We have 52 points in 50 games. 4 points difference and 30+ games left = minimal difference.

The only very high spots that seem beyond our reach - unless a true cataclysm happens - is Arizona and Colorado. These two teams are most likely going to end the season in 29th and 30th spot.

Old
01-24-2017, 09:28 AM
Jorah Marshmont
Words are wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinLVGA View Post
?

The Bruins stand currently at #19 in points percentage (0.520). If all teams would end the regular season with points generated by their current points percentage, that would be a 12th OA pick for us.

Then, one has to consider that the difference in points percentage is microscopic all the way to the current 25th team (Calgary, 0.510), that's a 6th OA pick within a fraction of an inch.

To be frank, the Bruins are also easily within up to the 3rd OA. Because Winnipeg, 3rd last in point percentage @ 0.480, has 48 points in 50 games. We have 52 points in 50 games. 4 points difference and 30+ games left = minimal difference.

The only very high spots that seem beyond our reach - unless a true cataclysm happens - is Arizona and Colorado. These two teams are most likely going to end the season in 29th and 30th spot.
Don't forget Vegas. So #19 in the league standings would net us 13th OA unless we win the lottery.

Old
01-24-2017, 10:09 AM
Saxon Eric

Start selling and this team could drop to 3
and it looks to be a 7 player deep draft like 2007, we'll see..

Closed Thread