Old
01-24-2017, 10:31 AM
Lobster57
nosdoom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinLVGA View Post
?

The Bruins stand currently at #19 in points percentage (0.520). If all teams would end the regular season with points generated by their current points percentage, that would be a 12th OA pick for us.

Then, one has to consider that the difference in points percentage is microscopic all the way to the current 25th team (Calgary, 0.510), that's a 6th OA pick within a fraction of an inch.

To be frank, the Bruins are also easily within up to the 3rd OA. Because Winnipeg, 3rd last in point percentage @ 0.480, has 48 points in 50 games. We have 52 points in 50 games. 4 points difference and 30+ games left = minimal difference.

The only very high spots that seem beyond our reach - unless a true cataclysm happens - is Arizona and Colorado. These two teams are most likely going to end the season in 29th and 30th spot.
picking 20th means we had the 10th best record in the league. that isn't gonna happen

edit: although using the 4th overall pick to take a guy they could have had at 20 is somewhat likely

Last edited by Lobster57: 01-24-2017 at 10:40 AM.
Old
01-24-2017, 11:07 AM
BruinLVGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorah Marshmont View Post
Don't forget Vegas. So #19 in the league standings would net us 13th OA unless we win the lottery.
You are right, my mistake.

Old
01-24-2017, 11:12 AM
BruinLVGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster57 View Post
picking 20th means we had the 10th best record in the league. that isn't gonna happen

edit: although using the 4th overall pick to take a guy they could have had at 20 is somewhat likely
Yeah, picking 20th isn't going to happen. I for one am embracing the tank wholeheartedly. I hope we have a Montrealesque performance (= when they collapsed without Price) and get a top 5 pick. Maybe package that + some more asset and get in the top 2 range, so that there isn't much doubt on who to pick (Hischier - my favorite - or Patrick).

Old
01-24-2017, 11:53 AM
BruinDust

Quote:
Yeah, picking 20th isn't going to happen. I for one am embracing the tank wholeheartedly. I hope we have a Montrealesque performance (= when they collapsed without Price) and get a top 5 pick. Maybe package that + some more asset and get in the top 2 range, so that there isn't much doubt on who to pick (Hischier - my favorite - or Patrick).
20th, not a chance.

This team will find a way to pick 14th again.

Book it!

Old
01-24-2017, 12:28 PM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estlin View Post
I don't think that anyone sees JFK as a potential #1 center. I thought that he was viewed as someone who could develop into a #2 or #3 center.
If only we could get a center drafted at the top of the draft with franchise center potential.

Old
01-24-2017, 12:29 PM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinDust View Post
20th, not a chance.

Book it!
My prediction is, the Bruins won't have a 1st this year. And some how it will end up being lower than 14th.

Old
01-24-2017, 12:45 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Thoughts on Owen Tippett? I've seen him as high as 4 and as low as 12 of late.

Old
01-24-2017, 01:52 PM
Bruins78

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
Thoughts on Owen Tippett? I've seen him as high as 4 and as low as 12 of late.
Haven't seen much outside of clips but he skates well for a big guy and has a hell of shot and will mix it up a bit. The knock on him seems to be whether or not he can create offense.

Old
01-24-2017, 02:23 PM
BruinLVGA

Quote:
20th, not a chance.

Book it!
Yikes, 2nd worst case scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerTurnedBruin55 View Post
My prediction is, the Bruins won't have a 1st this year. And some how it will end up being lower than 14th.
Yikes, absolute worst scenario.

My forecast, we will pick around 9th/10th. Clode gone, minor duds ( la Hayes) gone. Rinse and repeat in 17-18.

Old
01-24-2017, 02:43 PM
Montecristo

Nicolas Hague anyone?

Old
01-24-2017, 02:45 PM
Bad Puck Bounce
Long live the Chief

Quote:
Yikes, absolute worst scenario.

My forecast, we will pick around 9th/10th. Clode gone, minor duds ( la Hayes) gone. Rinse and repeat in 17-18.
Depends on the return.

Old
01-25-2017, 10:32 AM
Beesfan

Would like to see the B's take Elias Pettersson if they are picking in the 8-12 range. High skilled, 6'2 Swedish winger that is currently at a ppg in the Allsvenskan. That's better production than Pastrnak at the same age.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=266336

Old
01-26-2017, 11:45 AM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

I want Sweeney to make a list of his favorite 30 players and take the highest one available.

Thats assuming his "favorite player" at that point is in the consensus 20 or so picks.

I'm hoping the player is a LHD. Pretty confident Macavoy and Carlo are NHL players but the LHD in the system are less proven.

Old
01-26-2017, 12:01 PM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Vezina Thomas View Post
I want Sweeney to make a list of his favorite 30 players and take the highest one available.

Thats assuming his "favorite player" at that point is in the consensus 20 or so picks.

I'm hoping the player is a LHD. Pretty confident Macavoy and Carlo are NHL players but the LHD in the system are less proven.
Maybe less proven, but, with Zboril, Lindgren, O'Gara, Lauzon and Grzelcyk, odds are that one will emerge. Kinda overloading at that position. But if he's the BPA he could be taken, giving Sweeney trade fodder.

Old
01-26-2017, 02:34 PM
Tim Vezina Thomas
Dougie Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Maybe less proven, but, with Zboril, Lindgren, O'Gara, Lauzon and Grzelcyk, odds are that one will emerge. Kinda overloading at that position. But if he's the BPA he could be taken, giving Sweeney trade fodder.
O'Gara and Grizz have no business being used in this case IMO. They don't have the upside.

The others aren't exactly slam dunk prospects that I would use as an excuse to not draft a potential top pairing LHD.

Old
01-26-2017, 03:08 PM
Bruins78

Klim Kostin out for 6 months, no WJC's for him. Could be a steal in the late first, early second. Really like this kid based on last year's Ivan Hlinka but he predictably wasn't doing much this season playing 4 minutes a game in the KHL... I figured the WJCs would spring him back into the top 5-15. If we end up with an extra first rounder from a contender could be a good option...or another second that we could package with the Edmonton 2nd....or someone will realize this is pretty crappy draft and just nab him in the 10-20 range. Kid has great size, good skating, great at protecting the puck and a good reputation as a leader. Wasn't particularly good at the World Junior A Challenge but posters on the prospect board believe this has been a lingering shoulder injury that he is having addressed.

Old
01-26-2017, 03:23 PM
Ratty

Quote:
O'Gara and Grizz have no business being used in this case IMO. They don't have the upside.

The others aren't exactly slam dunk prospects that I would use as an excuse to not draft a potential top pairing LHD.
Throwing in the towel already on O'Gara? He impressed in the handful of games he played early in the season. And, to be fair, he's missed time in Providence due to injury. But maybe you saw more of him at Yale.

Grz didn't embarrass himself in his call up earlier. And, unless you can draft a Timothy Liljegren(RH), or a top three ranked D-man, you really have no assurance that they will fare any better than those LHDs I listed.

Old
01-26-2017, 03:33 PM
mikelvl

Quote:

If you're looking for a top 2 dman, then no they shouldnt be in the conversation. That being said, I think they both have a strong chance of playing in the Bruins Top 6 in the next couple of years, barring trades. O'Gara can play LD or RD I think. Could slide in for McQuaid at some point.

Old
01-28-2017, 03:52 AM
Fonzerelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerTurnedBruin55 View Post
It's not a bad year to NOT have a first. Very weak draft in the first round. Most of the guys I like can be snagged anywhere from 2nd to 5th rounds. I don't particulary like any of the consensus first rounders. I'm not sold on any of the potential WHL firsts, that's for sure. Rasmussen I like, but in a normal draft year he's likely a 2nd rounder

From the WHL the guy I like the most is Moilanen from Seattle, but we can probably snag him in the 3rd or 4th. Rasmussen I like, but wouldn't waste a first on him. Patrick is severely over-rated. Cody Glass is under rated. I like him, but wouldn't spend a first on him. Foote is a bust waiting to happen. Some team will get stuck with him in the first and I hope it's not us. Valimaki is ok, but I wouldn't spend more than a 2nd on him. I like a couple overagers, Geekie and Lewis, but we can get them in the mid rounds. I like Minulin from Swift Current, but again, probably get him in the 3rd.

Seems like a great year to trade that first unless we can land someone like Hischier, but good luck with that. He's hands down the best player I've seen for this draft and I have an inkling he'll end up going #1

Frankly, I hope they stick with the NTDP trend this year. Reedy , Mismash or maybe Max Gildon

Last edited by Fonzerelli: 01-28-2017 at 04:06 AM.
Old
01-28-2017, 06:50 AM
BruinDust

The more I read on this draft, the more I think we're looking at 1996 repeated.

Old
01-28-2017, 07:43 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
The more I read on this draft, the more I think we're looking at 1996 repeated.
yikes, if memory serves (and often it doesn`t) that was the year Chris Phillips went #1 overall and the B`s took Aitken with the 8th/9th pick?

Fans here hammer on draft picks but here`s a name for some, and I recall watching this draft, Henry Kuster, anyone remember him? 0 NHL games played

Trent Whitfield essentially the only one from that draft who wound up playing in the NHL and oh, also if memory serves, they drafted a kid named Soderberg too, foreshadowing I guess

Absolutely brutal draft

Old
01-28-2017, 07:51 AM
BruinDust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
yikes, if memory serves (and often it doesn`t) that was the year Chris Phillips went #1 overall and the B`s took Aitken with the 8th/9th pick?

Fans here hammer on draft picks but here`s a name for some, and I recall watching this draft, Henry Kuster, anyone remember him? 0 NHL games played

Trent Whitfield essentially the only one from that draft who wound up playing in the NHL and oh, also if memory serves, they drafted a kid named Soderberg too, foreshadowing I guess

Absolutely brutal draft
It was, just dreadful overall.

Ironically from a Boston perspective, re-do that draft today, and the No.1 overall pick is unquestionably Zdeno Chara.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1996e.html

Old
01-28-2017, 07:58 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
It was, just dreadful overall.

Ironically from a Boston perspective, re-do that draft today, and the No.1 overall pick is unquestionably Zdeno Chara.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl1996e.html
crazy, I recalled it was an awful draft but having a peek at your link, it was worse than awful

Old
01-28-2017, 08:08 AM
robinsonp16

Ryan Peohling

Old
01-28-2017, 09:47 AM
Dr Hook

Send a message via MSN to Dr Hook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I saw him play masses of times when I followed that Central league regularly- first time I saw his name on an Amarillo Gorillas roster . . . wow

For a 45 overall NHL pick, I thought he would be better than he was at that level. He wasn't bad, but there were a ton of players in that league that were never drafted that were much better. Oh my

Closed Thread