HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bondra??

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 06:39 PM
KFO

vCash: 500
Bondra??

anyone think that a bondra for comrie deal is a possibility? the caps are supposidly looking to move him, and his salary isnt too high for a sniper of his calibur.the only hitch is that his contract is up after just accepting a team option year this year; but on the same note, that could be a blessing with the new CBA

Old
10-20-2003, 06:41 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94forlife
anyone think that a bondra for comrie deal is a possibility? the caps are supposidly looking to move him, and his salary isnt too high for a sniper of his calibur.the only hitch is that his contract is up after just accepting a team option year this year; but on the same note, that could be a blessing with the new CBA
Well if you were to not look closely at Washingtons perspecitive (and our future) I would LOVE to see Bondra in Edmonton - damn he'd be able to do some damage! But on the other hand he is getting up there, and he isn't cheap, and I don't think he is worth Comrie.

Old
10-20-2003, 06:44 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

I would immediately have to buy ANOTHER Oilers jersey if he came here. In short, Pete is the man. One of the most underrated goal-scorers ever. Always suggested trades, "knowing" they would never happen, but if Washington wanted to move him, I'd make sure I got at the head of the line.

Think of hearing "Hemsky, pass to Bondr.....SCORRRRREEESSSS!" 50 times a year...........

Old
10-20-2003, 06:48 PM
KFO

does anyone know his salary for this season???
and hes not terribly old, the whole team dosnt have to be under 30, if he can put the puck in the net for a few more years, that could be all the oilers need to take them to the next level

Old
10-20-2003, 06:50 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Well at age 35 ( or 36) and 4.5 million/year he wouldn't be near the value of Comrie.... there'd have to be something damn good as well coming IMO

Old
10-20-2003, 07:32 PM
mrhockey123

Although it would be nice to have a bondra type player,
we have a log jam on the wings as it is.
Also I think his asking price is steep is it not? although sheesh that Hemmer to Bondra would be sWEET

Come to think of it, we have a log jam on the wings, a log jam at centre, logjam at D, our problem isnt quantity its quality.
So what if we bring in another winger? he can displace the lesser talents and the oilers would still be better off (only the problem is the kids would lose developmental time, and the kids on the roadrunners would lose ice time cause the guys booted off the oilers would go down there and take away from the road runners' icetime.) Hopefuly that made sense

Old
10-20-2003, 07:47 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey123
Although it would be nice to have a bondra type player,
we have a log jam on the wings as it is.
Also I think his asking price is steep is it not? although sheesh that Hemmer to Bondra would be sWEET

Come to think of it, we have a log jam on the wings, a log jam at centre, logjam at D, our problem isnt quantity its quality.
So what if we bring in another winger? he can displace the lesser talents and the oilers would still be better off (only the problem is the kids would lose developmental time, and the kids on the roadrunners would lose ice time cause the guys booted off the oilers would go down there and take away from the road runners' icetime.) Hopefuly that made sense
FINALLY, someone gets it! Having a glut is not a problem, it is an EXCELLENT THING!

This kinda sucks actually, it was like a young dream of mine to have him on the team, but I'd resigned myself to it never happening, and now I'll get mildly excited, only to have it not come even close to happening.

Old
10-20-2003, 10:23 PM
Oilers4life

vCash:
I'd buy a Bondra jersey in a heartbeat.

Old
10-20-2003, 10:35 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers4life
I'd buy a Bondra jersey in a heartbeat.
Maybe we should start ordering tomorrow, send a message

Old
10-21-2003, 07:57 AM
mrhockey123

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Maybe we should start ordering tomorrow, send a message
I think if he comes here wes hould force him to legally change his first name to James.

"Bondra, James Bondra..." that has a nice ring to it

Old
10-21-2003, 09:42 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
mind you the oilers might make a tidy profit in merchandising if they sign Bondra

Old
10-21-2003, 11:47 AM
Master Lok

Bondra currently makes 4.75 mill with a contract to the 2004-2005 season. Born in 1968, that makes him 35 years old.

Old
10-21-2003, 12:41 PM
creative giant*

so what we got to do is everyone here buy bondra oiler jersey and wear it to an oiler game. what would you do if you were gm of a team who has a hundred of its fans strutting around in a jersey of a player that isn't even on the team?

Old
10-21-2003, 12:48 PM
jofa

The thing I don't like about Bondra is his age, far more than his salary. If he were a free agent signing, it wouldn't matter so much. But when you are trading 8-10 of Comrie's best years to come for 1-2 of Bondra's last years, this doesn't really add up. Washington would have to offer up more than Bondra to land Comrie, IMO.

Old
10-21-2003, 01:28 PM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
eminger?

Old
10-21-2003, 02:04 PM
Oiler94

Send a message via MSN to Oiler94
Sutherby

Old
10-21-2003, 02:09 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

according to tfp.com. hes listed at 4.5 mil this year. but published reports state that the caps are glad to pick up portions of his salary , same goes for lang and jagr.

if we can get bondra for say 3.5 mil this year, id do it in a heartbeat.

Bondra, Eminger and a 3rd
for
Comrie, Pisani, J. Smith and a 2nd?

Old
10-21-2003, 02:43 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
according to tfp.com. hes listed at 4.5 mil this year. but published reports state that the caps are glad to pick up portions of his salary , same goes for lang and jagr.

if we can get bondra for say 3.5 mil this year, id do it in a heartbeat.

Bondra, Eminger and a 3rd
for
Comrie, Pisani, J. Smith and a 2nd?

Nah, maybe I'm a homer but I don't like that deal. We're trading proven commodities in Comrie and Smith and a 3rd /4th line player in Pisani for the last two years (perhaps) of a 35 year old Bondra and an unproven player in Eminger. pretty risky.

Old
10-21-2003, 03:11 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Yes, that would be an over-payment, perhaps drop the third on our side and make the pick they are giving a second - that'd be closer in value IMO.

Old
10-21-2003, 03:17 PM
elphy101

I think Bondra would look great with Smyth and Hemsky on the first line. However I don't I would trade Comrie for him. Bondra does not have that much value. I would much rather package one of our young prospects in exchange for Bondra.

Or if Comrie is required, then Eminger or Sutherby had better be coming back with Bondra.

A 35 year old making 4.5 Million does not have that much value. It would be awesome to have a line of

Bondra-Smyth-Hemsky

though. Hemsky could get an assist a game with that line.

Old
10-21-2003, 03:23 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphy101
I think Bondra would look great with Smyth and Hemsky on the first line. However I don't I would trade Comrie for him. Bondra does not have that much value. I would much rather package one of our young prospects in exchange for Bondra.

Or if Comrie is required, then Eminger or Sutherby had better be coming back with Bondra.

A 35 year old making 4.5 Million does not have that much value. It would be awesome to have a line of

Bondra-Smyth-Hemsky

though. Hemsky could get an assist a game with that line.
Well as I've said MANY MANY MANY times - I think if we offered up one of our decent prospects, a decent pick (second say) and Chimera we could get Bondra. Now sure there is the money talk, but I don't believe - not for SECOND that we couldn't afford to take him, especially if Washington ate some of the salary. With no Comrie that leaves ALOT of cashola!!

Old
10-21-2003, 04:14 PM
elphy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Well as I've said MANY MANY MANY times - I think if we offered up one of our decent prospects, a decent pick (second say) and Chimera we could get Bondra. Now sure there is the money talk, but I don't believe - not for SECOND that we couldn't afford to take him, especially if Washington ate some of the salary. With no Comrie that leaves ALOT of cashola!!
Looking at the Oilers the state of the canadian dollar and the salary that has been saved from the trades at last year's deadline. I think they have the money. Especially considering Smyth on got a 450K increase when it could have been much larger.

Closed Thread