Notices

Expansion draft

Old
10-27-2016, 08:44 AM
Aavco Cup

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daximus View Post
I think the 4F+4D is basically the same as 8 skaters. So you can do 4F+4D, 6F+2D, 3F+5D and so on.

Getting Enstrom to waive could be a solid move. But with a team looking to compete, you never know. Going the 7+3 allows us to protect an extra 2 players so Dano and Armia make the cut. Plus Lowry. These are all players who still have some value even though Lowry might not be as high.
I don't think the Jets ask Toby to waive and I don't know why he would waive to go to an expansion team. Maybe to a contender at the TD but why would he go to an expansion team? Isn't that what a NMC is for...to control things?

Aavco Cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2016, 08:46 AM
Daximus
Aces Charles

vCash: 50
I still think dealing Trouba for an exempt D is the best option. We keep everyone with value and present Las Vegas with a big old middle finger when they have a look at the Jets roster.

Daximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2016, 08:47 AM
Daximus
Aces Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavco Cup View Post
I don't think the Jets ask Toby to waive and I don't know why he would waive to go to an expansion team. Maybe to a contender at the TD but why would he go to an expansion team? Isn't that what a NMC is for...to control things?
The Waive is in hopes he doesn't get picked, or at least that is the strategy. But I assume out of whose left he likely does.

Old
10-27-2016, 08:48 AM
Aavco Cup

Quote:
The Waive is in hopes he doesn't get picked, or at least that is the strategy. But I assume out of whose left he likely does.
But why would Toby do it?

It doesn't make sense unless he has some bizarre fascination with the city of Las Vegas.

Old
10-27-2016, 09:19 AM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

vCash: 366
Enstrom with 1 year remaining at 5.75 mill is very unlikely to be chosen in a expansion draft. He is currently playing at a 3-4 d man level and will be lucky to get a 2 year contract of 3 mill per year in 2018 when he is a UFA.

I see the Jets asking Enstrom to waive and maybe giving up a 3 rd to LV not to select him. LV will accept this 3 rd as they would be like "we were not taking old man Enstrom anyway so thanks for the free 3rd"
It would take a lot higher pick than a 3 rd to protect one of Armia/Dano/Lowry. Then you would still lose one of the other 2. Getting Enstrom to waive his NMC is the only way to protect Armia/Dano / Lowry.

Exposť

Hutch

Stuart
Enstrom
Chairot

Burmi
Mathais
Andrew Copp
????

Givin the above list if I was LV I would take the 3 r d pick as Enstrom is only worth a 2 nd by himself and then select one of Copp/Burmi/Hutch.

Last edited by DEANYOUNGBLOOD17: 10-27-2016 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Add last line
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2016, 09:33 AM
Daximus
Aces Charles

Daximus

Quote:
But why would Toby do it?

It doesn't make sense unless he has some bizarre fascination with the city of Las Vegas.
He likely wouldn't. But that's not why he would waive if we could get him to. He'd waive in hopes Las Vegas does not pick him that way we can keep more players. But I think he instantly becomes the best option available if he does waive so they likely take him.

Old
10-27-2016, 09:35 AM
Daximus
Aces Charles

Fourand4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 View Post
Enstrom with 1 year remaining at 5.75 mill is very unlikely to be chosen in a expansion draft. He is currently playing at a 3-4 d man level and will be lucky to get a 2 year contract of 3 mill per year in 2018 when he is a UFA.

I see the Jets asking Enstrom to waive and maybe giving up a 3 rd to LV not to select him. LV will accept this 3 rd as they would be like "we were not taking old man Enstrom anyway so thanks for the free 3rd"
It would take a lot higher pick than a 3 rd to protect one of Armia/Dano/Lowry. Then you would still lose one of the other 2. Getting Enstrom to waive his NMC is the only way to protect Armia/Dano / Lowry.

Exposť

Hutch

Stuart
Enstrom
Chairot

Burmi
Mathais
Andrew Copp
????

Givin the above list if I was LV I would take the 3 r d pick as Enstrom is only worth a 2 nd by himself and then select one of Copp/Burmi/Hutch.
I believe Copp is protected. And given the other goalie options potentially available I think LV takes Burmi or Matthias personally.

Last edited by Daximus: 10-27-2016 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Daximus
Old
10-27-2016, 09:53 AM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

Quote:
I believe Copp is protected. And given the other goalie options potentially available I think LV takes Burmi or Matthias personally.
Copp played 1 game in 2014-15 and almost a full season last year. That makes this his 3 rd season. Even if he plays the entire season in the AHL, he still has the required 70 NHL games played to be one of the 2 NHL fwrds we must expose. He is definitely a 3rd year pro.

Old
10-27-2016, 09:54 AM
CaptainChef

vCash: 500
Quote:
7 Forwards
Scheifele
Wheeler
Little
Dano
Armia
Perreault
Lowry

3 Defencemen
Buff
Trouba
Myers

1 Goalie
Hellebuyck

I'm going 7 forwards route as well. Three options to get down to 3 D:
1) trading Trouba for two young D or very good D prospects (or a high first - less desirable)
2) trading Myers for a young D or good D prospect ++
3) getting Enstrom to waive his NMC or buy him out (currently most desirable option)

CaptainChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2016, 10:02 AM
CaptainChef

Quote:

Exposť

Hutch

Stuart
Enstrom
Chairot

Burmi
Mathais
Andrew Copp
????

Unlikely they pick Enstrom anyway, but working out a deal with LV that they take a 3rd and don't pick Enstrom assure Enstrom that he will remain a Jet. Is that enough to convince Enstrom to do it or do we need to pay him 0.5 under the table as well lol.

CaptainChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2016, 10:26 AM
its a process

Quote:
Copp played 1 game in 2014-15 and almost a full season last year. That makes this his 3 rd season. Even if he plays the entire season in the AHL, he still has the required 70 NHL games played to be one of the 2 NHL fwrds we must expose. He is definitely a 3rd year pro.
No it doesn't. Copp is exempt for the same reasons Comrie amd Morrissey are. Comrie played in 3 games in 2014-15 and Morrissey played in 28 games in 2013-14.

its a process is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2016, 10:49 AM
Aavco Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessewjames View Post
No it doesn't. Copp is exempt for the same reasons Comrie amd Morrissey are. Comrie played in 3 games in 2014-15 and Morrissey played in 28 games in 2013-14.
Games played under age 20 (on dec 31 don't count unless 10 were played in the NHL IIRC. Copp was too old the other guys were not. Before Generalfanager disappeared they had a list of exempt players Copp was not one of them.

Basically If the contract slides it doesn't count. If it doesn't slide it counts as a year.

Old
10-27-2016, 11:06 AM
Daximus
Aces Charles

Fourand4

Quote:
Games played under age 20 (on dec 31 don't count unless 10 were played in the NHL IIRC. Copp was too old the other guys were not. Before Generalfanager disappeared they had a list of exempt players Copp was not one of them.

Basically If the contract slides it doesn't count. If it doesn't slide it counts as a year.
Cap friendly has Copp protected. But if he is not then that puts us in a pickle as we lose one of Armia, Dano or Copp even if we deal Trouba for a protected player. Which sucks.

Last edited by Daximus: 10-27-2016 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Daximus
Old
10-27-2016, 11:11 AM
Aavco Cup

Quote:
He likely wouldn't. But that's not why he would waive if we could get him to. He'd waive in hopes Las Vegas does not pick him that way we can keep more players. But I think he instantly becomes the best option available if he does waive so they likely take him.
IMO He won't waive is my point. He signed a NMC to have control. He's not going to give up his control unless he really wants to go to Vegas. That is the only reason he would do that.

Old
10-27-2016, 11:14 AM
its a process

Quote:
Cap friendly has Copp protected. But if he is not then that puts us in a pickle as we lose one of Armia, Dano or Copp even if we deal Trouba for a protected player. Which sucks.
Cap friendly seems like a pretty well put together site, I'll trust them until they're proven wrong.

Old
10-27-2016, 11:15 AM
Daximus
Aces Charles

Daximus

Quote:
IMO He won't waive is my point. He signed a NMC to have control. He's not going to give up his control unless he really wants to go to Vegas. That is the only reason he would do that.
True but that screws the team out of a young player at the cost of keeping him. If we could swing a deal to ensure LV won't pick him then why wouldn't he? Unless he's that much of a dick that he doesn't want to help his own team. Obviously the deal with LV would be completed before he waives. Otherwise if he won't help his own team keep players at zero expense to him he's kind of an *******.

Old
10-27-2016, 11:17 AM
csk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Six years in and the Jets so-called depth has us protecting Dano and Lowry!
Your gripe is with protecting Dano?!?!?

csk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2016, 11:22 AM
Aavco Cup

Quote:
True but that screws the team out of a young player at the cost of keeping him. If we could swing a deal to ensure LV won't pick him then why wouldn't he? Unless he's that much of a dick that he doesn't want to help his own team. Obviously the deal with LV would be completed before he waives. Otherwise if he won't help his own team keep players at zero expense to him he's kind of an *******.
Well I'll believe it when I see it.

Old
10-27-2016, 11:39 AM
Daximus
Aces Charles

Daximus

Quote:
Well I'll believe it when I see it.
It's a smart move if LV takes the pick. A 3rd would likely do it.

Old
10-27-2016, 11:52 AM
csk

Re:Enstrom

I would sooner buy him out than protect him at the expense of a younger player. And Enstrom is my favorite player

csk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2016, 11:58 AM
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessewjames View Post
Copp is a year older than those 2 players as he was not drafted in his first year eligible in 2012. When he signed that contract over the age of 20 to play 1 game..... that season counts as a pro season. He signed a 3 year ELC that expires this year. How can he not be considered a 3 year pro and eligible for the expansion draft?

Old
10-27-2016, 12:01 PM
Daximus
Aces Charles

Daximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by csk View Post

I would sooner buy him out than protect him at the expense of a younger player. And Enstrom is my favorite player
I think we can swing a deal with LV to expose him while giving up a 3rd to ensure he isn't picked. As an expansion team they will want to fill the cupboards right away so we may see a lot of deals like that in order to navigate the ED.
Maybe we gaurantee them Lowry.

Old
10-27-2016, 12:06 PM
raideralex99
Go Jets Go

vCash: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by csk View Post

This is the best option.

raideralex99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2016, 12:15 PM
its a process

Quote:
Copp is a year older than those 2 players as he was not drafted in his first year eligible in 2012. When he signed that contract over the age of 20 to play 1 game..... that season counts as a pro season. He signed a 3 year ELC that expires this year. How can he not be considered a 3 year pro and eligible for the expansion draft?
I am going off what a very popular website has got.

Does anyone have or know of an official list that would prove Cap Friendly wrong on Copp?

Old
10-27-2016, 12:16 PM
Jimmyjets

The expansion draft plan is pretty simple from my point of view:

Protect
Buff, Enstrom, Myers, Trouba, Wheeler, Little, Scheifele, Perrault

We lose one of Dano, Armia, Lowry, Burmi, Copp, Mathias

A single tear rolls down our cheek.

We realize we don't have space for all those guys anyhow and replace them with Lemieux, Roslovic, Petan, (Dano or Copp if someone from the NHL roster is taken).

And we still don't have space for all these guys.

P.S. as was pointed out above, Copp could be taken in the expansion draft due to how old he was when he signed at coming out of college. General Fanager (which was purchased by the Las Vegas _________ instead of cap friendly) had this correct. Cap Friendly is wrong on this.

Jimmyjets is offline   Reply With Quote