HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What happened to

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2006, 03:26 PM
seanaynay
One in a Milan

vCash: 500
What happened to

Zetterberg?

I have been away for over a week and I see that Zets has been injured. Did he get hit?

I love watching this guy play, is he back for next game anyone know?

Old
01-22-2006, 04:07 PM
norrisnick

Hip flexor issue. It happened/was discovered at a practice. They don't think it's a tear or anything, just soreness. He's questionable for Monday's game. They think he'll be good to go for the 2nd one on Tuesday though.

Old
01-22-2006, 06:01 PM
MetalMilitia

He took the pre-game skate in Colorado saturday afternoon but Red Wing management decided that they would wait until their home and home with Nashville before allowing Zetts to play.

Old
01-22-2006, 06:56 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Anyone else catch the quote the NBC announcers dropped from Gretzky that Zetterberg is already one of the "elite" players in the NHL? Pretty good compliment from a pretty good player.

Old
01-22-2006, 08:28 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98
Anyone else catch the quote the NBC announcers dropped from Gretzky that Zetterberg is already one of the "elite" players in the NHL? Pretty good compliment from a pretty good player.
Yeah I heard that one too. Given that the Wings have lots of "good" players, for Z to stand out and have the Great One take note wasn't just a casual comment, imo. I love that kid. He just does everything and the work ethic is beyond question.

Old
01-22-2006, 10:02 PM
doublejack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu
Yeah I heard that one too. Given that the Wings have lots of "good" players, for Z to stand out and have the Great One take note wasn't just a casual comment, imo. I love that kid. He just does everything and the work ethic is beyond question.
Me three. Hank is the best forward on the team, and he does it on a nightly basis. What I love most about Hank is he is very Yzerman like. For example, of all the NHL players who have scored 500 or more goals, Stevie Y is the only one who has scored more goals on the road than at home. This year, 13 of Hank's 22 goals have come on the road. I think it says a lot for a player when they can bring their A game not just in the comfort of home ice, but also in the hostile environment of the opponent's rink.

Hank had a hip injury during training camp and into the preseason and I think the Wings are just being really, really cautious about playing him in light of that. He may miss another game or two because of that but he'll be back very soon - if not tomorrow.

Old
01-22-2006, 10:36 PM
Fugu

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejack
Me three. Hank is the best forward on the team, and he does it on a nightly basis. What I love most about Hank is he is very Yzerman like. For example, of all the NHL players who have scored 500 or more goals, Stevie Y is the only one who has scored more goals on the road than at home. This year, 13 of Hank's 22 goals have come on the road. I think it says a lot for a player when they can bring their A game not just in the comfort of home ice, but also in the hostile environment of the opponent's rink.

Hank had a hip injury during training camp and into the preseason and I think the Wings are just being really, really cautious about playing him in light of that. He may miss another game or two because of that but he'll be back very soon - if not tomorrow.

I'd forgotten that he had that injury! The team is doing well at the moment, so I'd rather have them be cautious than to rush him back.

You know one thing we tend to overlook with Z is the versatility. It not only takes a skilled player to be able to play different positions and play them under different conditions (ES, PP, PK), it takes intelligence and vision (both in the hockey sense...). He has shown that he "knows" what he needs to do as the center, or the winger, or on the PK....he adjusts to the roles so easily that we all take it for granted. While we don't have Lidstrom changing positions, he is another guy who is such a smart player in being able to anticipate where the play is going, how it will develop, that he isn't just reacting out there like a lot of players have to do. Z has that gift, and maybe that is the kind of thing that gets you noticed by the guys like Wayne.

Old
01-23-2006, 08:34 AM
sarcastro

I would ask those folks who said a few months back that Z didn't have leadership qualities what they would say now - he looks like a captain to me.

Old
01-23-2006, 10:45 AM
Higgy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro
I would ask those folks who said a few months back that Z didn't have leadership qualities what they would say now - he looks like a captain to me.
Probably the same group that thought Lidstroms tank was nearing empty.

Old
01-23-2006, 11:23 AM
GuloGulo

We're 2-0-0 without Z - quick trade him while his value is maxed

Old
01-23-2006, 11:26 AM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuloGulo
We're 2-0-0 without Z - quick trade him while his value is maxed
Wonder if Toronto would give us Antropov for him straight up.

Old
01-23-2006, 02:02 PM
norrisnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro
Wonder if Toronto would give us Antropov for him straight up.

Think if we toss in Kronwall we can land Berg and Belak for some size on the blueline????

Old
01-23-2006, 03:47 PM
sarcastro

Quote:
Originally Posted by norrisnick
Think if we toss in Kronwall we can land Berg and Belak for some size on the blueline????
Nah, I think we'd have to throw in 5 1st rounders and a bag of octopi.

Closed Thread