HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Mike Comrie thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 07:42 PM
mrhockey123

vCash: 500
Official Mike Comrie thread

THERE!
now put all hte Mike Comrie stuff in HERE and ONLY here!!!!

Im not a mod nor do I have any mandate of power with which to enforce this idea, but I think others feel the same way about this board turning useless since every thread leads to a comrie thread.

Old
10-20-2003, 08:07 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
As true as that is, you have to admit that anything of any substantial importance to the future of our hockey club is closely related to whats is going to happen with Comrie - so it's pretty tough to avoid.

Old
10-20-2003, 08:18 PM
speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey123
THERE!
now put all hte Mike Comrie stuff in HERE and ONLY here!!!!

Im not a mod nor do I have any mandate of power with which to enforce this idea, but I think others feel the same way about this board turning useless since every thread leads to a comrie thread.
OK SIR, WE GOT IT.

OR NOT

Old
10-21-2003, 02:03 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky Gleason
THE BUFFALO NEWS: Bucky Gleason reports of speculation the Edmonton Oilers and Atlanta Thrashers might swing a deal that would send holdout centre Mike Comrie to Atlanta in exchange for a package that might include prospect Bryadon Coburn. Gleason also noted a rumour of New Jersey offering Scott Gomez for Comrie.

Spector's Note: The word is the Devils aren't interested, and I can't see Comrie being a Pat Burns player. The talk of Comrie to Atlanta seems to be heating up, but I think it'll take more than prospects to bring Comrie there. The Oilers will want a scoring centre in return.
So the untouchable Coburn might come out to play well time to speculate on possible scenarios. I think they won't give us much more than Coburn they will either package him with a goalie(hopefully Nurminen) or a low pick like a 4th. I think we would have to pony up a little more if Nurminen is thrown in who would be confident in a Nurminen-Conklin goalie situation? If we want Stefan too I think it will cost us Rita.

three possibilities I see-

1) To Atl:
Comrie

To Edm:
Coburn
4th pick 2004

2)To Atl:
Comrie
4th+5th pick 2004

To Edm:
Coburn
Nurminen

3)To Atl:
Comrie
Rita

To Edm:
Coburn
Stefan

Old
10-21-2003, 05:48 AM
Oilhitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
So the untouchable Coburn might come out to play well time to speculate on possible scenarios. I think they won't give us much more than Coburn they will either package him with a goalie(hopefully Nurminen) or a low pick like a 4th. I think we would have to pony up a little more if Nurminen is thrown in who would be confident in a Nurminen-Conklin goalie situation? If we want Stefan too I think it will cost us Rita.

1) To Atl:
Comrie

To Edm:
Coburn
4th pick 2004

2)To Atl:
Comrie
4th+5th pick

To Edm:
Coburn
Nurminen

3)To Atl:
Comrie
Rita

To Edm:
Coburn
Stefan

I like the third alot, however I don't think we would be giving up enough. The Oilers would have to give up at least a high draft pick.

Old
10-21-2003, 06:24 AM
speeds

Stefan and Coburn for Comrie straightup would be nice, let's see what kind of deal Lowe can land here.

Old
10-21-2003, 07:03 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Umm..... we need another goalie like we need more forward depth.... not at all...... I like Pasi, but he doesn't make sense for us unless Conklin stinks the joint out (which I don't in the least expect).

Old
10-21-2003, 07:11 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds
Stefan and Coburn for Comrie straightup would be nice, let's see what kind of deal Lowe can land here.
I think Stefan could be a good addition. Alot of posters have criticized Stefan but IMO, he's played on a bad team for the first years of his NHL career. I'd like to see what he can do on a team like Edmonton, where he may not have as high expectations as the ones he had playing for an expansion team.

Old
10-21-2003, 07:37 AM
Maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher

1) To Atl:
Comrie

To Edm:
Coburn
4th pick 2004

2)To Atl:
Comrie
4th+5th pick 2004

To Edm:
Coburn
Nurminen

3)To Atl:
Comrie
Rita

To Edm:
Coburn
Stefan

I highly doubt Comrie ends up in Atlanta considering the bitter feud Kovalchuk and Comrie have...Waddell wouldn't want to upset his star, especially with the terrific start he's had to this season...just a thought...

Old
10-21-2003, 07:53 AM
Yanner39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
I highly doubt Comrie ends up in Atlanta considering the bitter feud Kovalchuk and Comrie have...Waddell wouldn't want to upset his star, especially with the terrific start he's had to this season...just a thought...
I don't know if you classify hair pulling as a bitter feud. I think Kovulchuk and the entire Oiler team dislike each other...

Old
10-21-2003, 09:08 AM
serum114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
I bet you it takes a game or two as Kovy's center before Comrie lets bygones be bygones and begins enjoy his repeated multipoint games...

Old
10-21-2003, 12:34 PM
Boondock Saint

And the Comrie plot thickens as Lindros goes down for a month with a shoulder injury.... Slats has shown that he's not scared to pull the trigger on something big....

Although, I would still prefer a deal with Atlanta or Florida......

Old
10-21-2003, 01:00 PM
Asiaoil

Here are my favored realistic deals for Comrie:

To NYR for Blackburn (simple, straightforward and fair - Lundmark and Tyutin don't interest me at all and Lindros, Mess and Nedved may all be gone from NYC next year)

To Atlanta for either Coburn or Stefan and a pick(Lowe wanted Coburn at the draft and Stefan would be a great 2nd line center behind Smyth)

To Florida for Krajicek and a 2nd round draft pick (we get a young offensive dman in the system and the guy skates like an Oiler)

To Boston for Jillson and a 2nd round draft pick (see Krajicek)

Old
10-21-2003, 01:17 PM
speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaoil
Here are my favored realistic deals for Comrie:

To NYR for Blackburn (simple, straightforward and fair - Lundmark and Tyutin don't interest me at all and Lindros, Mess and Nedved may all be gone from NYC next year)

To Atlanta for either Coburn or Stefan and a pick(Lowe wanted Coburn at the draft and Stefan would be a great 2nd line center behind Smyth)

To Florida for Krajicek and a 2nd round draft pick (we get a young offensive dman in the system and the guy skates like an Oiler)

To Boston for Jillson and a 2nd round draft pick (see Krajicek)
I'd rather let Comrie sit than make any of those deals; Comrie is worth more IMO.

Old
10-21-2003, 01:25 PM
G-Double

Send a message via AIM to G-Double
Agree with Speeds, it seems like over time our valuing of his in deals is dropping, which means we should stop proposing deals that don't return anywhere near close value.

Old
10-21-2003, 01:29 PM
mrush

take this info for whats its worth, its not that big, but my friend saw comrie at the bar on friday for some girls 18th birthday cause hes friends with her bro, well my friend was drunk and approached him because my friend is friends with this girl who is liek a family friend of comrie, so anyways my friend said to him like yo my name is blah blah, i know this person, and ****, and than my friend was like yo man i got season tickets to watch you play, why haven't you signed and ****, and comrie's response was what am i suppose to do when it feels like they dont want me anymore. it was something like that and than my friend just left, so take it for what its worth, maybe comrie wants out of edmonton cause of fans displeasure or organization cause of comrie signing that fat contract couple years ago, or maybe comrie said that so people feel sorry for him, i have no idea,

Old
10-21-2003, 02:49 PM
MrMackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrush
take this info for whats its worth, its not that big, but my friend saw comrie at the bar on friday for some girls 18th birthday cause hes friends with her bro, well my friend was drunk and approached him because my friend is friends with this girl who is liek a family friend of comrie, so anyways my friend said to him like yo my name is blah blah, i know this person, and ****, and than my friend was like yo man i got season tickets to watch you play, why haven't you signed and ****, and comrie's response was what am i suppose to do when it feels like they dont want me anymore. it was something like that and than my friend just left, so take it for what its worth, maybe comrie wants out of edmonton cause of fans displeasure or organization cause of comrie signing that fat contract couple years ago, or maybe comrie said that so people feel sorry for him, i have no idea,
I don't feel sorry about the way the Oilers have treated him, because I think they've always done the very best for him within their means (I think this is something Comrie would appreciate as he gets older).

I do feel sorry that he has to deal with fans coming up to him with comments or questions. I'm not saying your friend said anything inappropriate, or that people don't have a right to talk to him, but I'm sure he's tired of talking to strangers about it by now.

Old
10-21-2003, 03:09 PM
Asiaoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds
I'd rather let Comrie sit than make any of those deals; Comrie is worth more IMO.
Speeds - I would say that Comrie is seen as an excellent young second line center who was pressed into top line duty in Edmonton because we had no other options. He did OK - but still does not make him a top line center on a good team in the NHL. His size is an issue and he needs to play with a bigger top line guy so that he can get favorable matchups - otherwise he's abused physically (see Dallas series 2003).

That's my opinion - but of course you very well may be able to say I told you so when a trade finally does happen

My favorite trade is still straight up for Blackburn (and it has been for months) I think it's fair and meets the medium term needs (like next year) of both teams.

Old
10-21-2003, 03:19 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Speeds - I would say that Comrie is seen as an excellent young second line center who was pressed into top line duty in Edmonton because we had no other options. He did OK - but still does not make him a top line center on a good team in the NHL. His size is an issue and he needs to play with a bigger top line guy so that he can get favorable matchups - otherwise he's abused physically (see Dallas series 2003).

That's my opinion - but of course you very well may be able to say I told you so when a trade finally does happen

My favorite trade is still straight up for Blackburn (and it has been for months) I think it's fair and meets the medium term needs (like next year) of both teams.
Boy thats sure a stupmer..... Blackburn doesn't fit out needs!! We have Tommy/Conklin untill Desluariers is ready in two-three years. We dont' need a good young goaltender! We need Defense buddy! Even if Lindros is gone at the end of the season - Lundmark is a natural center and is at his best when he's there.

Old
10-21-2003, 04:10 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Boy thats sure a stupmer..... Blackburn doesn't fit out needs!! We have Tommy/Conklin untill Desluariers is ready in two-three years. We dont' need a good young goaltender! We need Defense buddy! Even if Lindros is gone at the end of the season - Lundmark is a natural center and is at his best when he's there.
I would like to pick up Nurminen I see Tommy's value right now as stagnant and then a slow decrease as the years pass-by. By the time Deslauriers is ready to step in Tommy will be too expensive and not as of high a calibre when we trade him, we will get far less if not virtually nothing for him. Nurminen right now is no.1 starter calibre goaltender he is less consistent and a little worse than Tommy but can be had for relatively little and should most definetly surpass Tommy within the next two years and when Deslauriers arrives we can then turn around and trade him for a simlair return as Tommy got. He also is cheaper and we can incurr a fairly good return by trading Tommy I would make sure we have a buyer setup before I make an investment in a goalie but we can probably trade him for someone like Skoula, Tanguay, or Shawn Belle. With the current goalie market and a few top teams needing a legitamete no.1 goaltender it just seems like a prime time to move him I'd say anytime after the next trade deadline we would get very little if anything for him.

secondary scenario trade-
To NYR:
Comrie
Deslauriers

To Edm:
Blackburn
Lundmark
Barnaby(just threw him in want a vet with some spunk on 3rd line rw)

I also see a secondary scenario with Blackburn we could pick him up and let him mature+heal for the year in the AHL then bring him up and then either not pick-up Tommy's second optional year or trade him. I think Blackburn will be a better goalie than Deslauriers New York on the other hand can probably keep Dunham for the next 4 yrs and can afford to let Deslauriers develop while Blackburn seems to be wasting away a little bit. We get back a lesser center but a greater and closer to ready goalie looks like an Edmonton trade to me although I am sure we would take a pick over Barnaby

Old
10-21-2003, 04:54 PM
hunter orange

My broken record:

1. Stefan, Exelby***********************************

2. Hartnell
3. Weiss, Van Ryn
4. Gomez, Martin
5. Vasicek, Malec

Old
10-21-2003, 06:32 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter orange
My broken record:

2. Hartnell
3. Weiss, Van Ryn
4. Gomez, Martin
5. Vasicek, Malec
screw Exelby we can get Coburn by the sounds of it from the spectors rumour. We need Coburn's style a lot more than we need Exeblys we already got two good Jason Smith types coming up in Greene and Lynch.

Old
10-21-2003, 07:19 PM
Asiaoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter orange
My broken record:

2. Hartnell
3. Weiss, Van Ryn
4. Gomez, Martin
5. Vasicek, Malec

Sure I could go for a Stefan/Exelby swap - but I'm just not that sure Atlanta would go for it unless you throw in another appealing player on top of Comrie. I certainly wouldn't.

As for those who think we don't need Blackburn - we need an elite player at ANY position. Salo is showing increasing signs of "suckage" - Conklin has 4 whole games of NHL experience - and JDD is at least 3-4 years away from being a #1 goalie (if ever). Blackburn would fit in here very well.

Old
10-21-2003, 07:38 PM
Tidus

Quote:
Sure I could go for a Stefan/Exelby swap - but I'm just not that sure Atlanta would go for it unless you throw in another appealing player on top of Comrie. I certainly wouldn't.

As for those who think we don't need Blackburn - we need an elite player at ANY position. Salo is showing increasing signs of "suckage" - Conklin has 4 whole games of NHL experience - and JDD is at least 3-4 years away from being a #1 goalie (if ever). Blackburn would fit in here very well.
I don't see what you guys see in the exelby/stefan trade. Personally I think it blows. Stefan is a 1st overall bust and exelby had one good training camp, SO WHAT? If Comrie is traded I want a top young d-man, or a top six forward. Both have to be around Comrie's age, and carry no more than 2 million in salary. IF that doesn't come around, you don't go and trade Comrie for peanuts (Stefan/Exelby).

Closed Thread