HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A bit of passion, please

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 07:53 PM
Stephen

vCash: 500
A bit of passion, please

I was listening to the Leaf interviews after the game, and two things that really struck me were the responses by Ken Klee and Pat Quinn. It's a little disconcerting to hear Klee say that he thought the Leafs played ok. It's a little scary to listen to Pat Quinn say he doesn't know what's going wrong. They looked like zombies for long stretches, and while they got their shots in, they weren't very opportunistic, they were very disorganized on the breakout and attack, and skated poorly. What does a coach do to fix that? I don't know, but Quinn should. And if Ken Klee thinks this kind of rubbish is ok, he should go back to listess Washington.

Old
10-20-2003, 07:54 PM
Stephen

And getting to the passion, I wish the players would show a little more disappointment in themselves. They seem too relaxed for my liking.

Old
10-20-2003, 08:00 PM
think-blue-

Send a message via MSN to think-blue-
I thought they were doing fine until Jackman gave away the puck to Chow - when it all went downhill. Up until that point, we had clearly out shot them, were outchancing them and weren't terribly bad outside of some very bad miscues which they, unfortunately, capitalized on (something we've failed to do). Still, at the end of the night the score was 5-2 and it has to have disappointed the team. Whether the Leafs will mope and dope about it or do something remains to be seen - but we have a tough test in Dallas up next. Frankly, Id be happy if we left Texas with a point and a good effort. Phoenix and Washington are must win games, though.

Old
10-20-2003, 08:10 PM
SwisshockeyAcademy

The jackman error really did us in, agreed. Then the typical lack of discipline as the the wunderkind Tucker runs around the ice like a scorned highschool player until he takes a useless penalty. Find a dance partner if you want to stir it up. Another two minutes shorthanded was not what was needed. We mailed it in tonite after we got down, hopefully they come back ready to play against Dallas.

Old
10-21-2003, 04:48 AM
Joey24

Send a message via ICQ to Joey24
It's hard to say you have to do one thing to try and get a team out of a slump. It seems when things are going bad it keeps getting worse and worse but the whole team has to help pull one another out of the slump.
It seems to me that no-one really knows there rolls this season it all seems a bit disorganized on the ice and like there is no real game plan happening. I am not sure if Quinn is trying to use some kind of new system the team is trying to get use to or if it's some other reason but everyone for the most part is stinking it up this season. It just does not seem like everyone is out there to win. When I watch the games it seems like a select few are trying while the other half are out for a lazy skate and I really don't understand it. Though it is only 5 games into the season your leader and caption (Sundin) has to do more then what he's doing out there he's been a no factor for the leafs so far and there record speaks for it's self.

Old
10-21-2003, 06:12 AM
Stajan Fan

Lets face the truth. The leafs are just too old this year. They are like the Oakland Raiders this year, age has finally caught up to them.

Closed Thread