HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Swamp Rabbits Thread *Part VII*

Closed Thread

Old
10-30-2016, 07:47 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Hartford Wolf Pack/Greenville Swamp Rabbits Thread *Part VII*

Hartford is currently 3-4. They give up too many goals.

It's just pain.
Old
10-30-2016, 08:20 AM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Seems like they have a good D on paper . Maybe mcilrath helps their team D

Old
10-30-2016, 12:01 PM
Revel
DXer

Highlights: Hartford WolfPack (3) vs Utica Comets (4) 10/29/2016

Skapski has lost all 3 of his starts this season. Nieves gets 3 points.

Old
10-30-2016, 12:15 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revel View Post
Highlights: Hartford WolfPack (3) vs Utica Comets (4) 10/29/2016

Skapski has lost all 3 of his starts this season. Nieves gets 3 points.

That thing where they don't have sound when they show a replay is unbearable.

Old
10-30-2016, 12:41 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Nieves and Graves off to good starts, I knew the Whalepack would lose last night though, went up against Richard Bachman right before Halloween....

Old
10-30-2016, 05:25 PM
Osminator

So what on earth happened between the NHL preseason awesome Skapski to the 0-3 AHL Skapski?

Granted the defense has played terrible in all games i've seen so far :-/

Old
10-31-2016, 12:56 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Does anyone have the line combos and defense pairings in Hartford?

Old
10-31-2016, 01:05 PM
NYR Viper

Nieves needs to continue to put up points. If he wants to push for a spot this season, e needs to stay hovering around .7-.8ppg and play a good all-around game.

Old
10-31-2016, 01:21 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Nieves needs to continue to put up points. If he wants to push for a spot this season, e needs to stay hovering around .7-.8ppg and play a good all-around game.
He won't make it this season. There's nothing wrong with being a good second line AHLer in your rookie pro season. He's still 22.

Being a good AHLer does not get you promoted to the NHL. Fast was a good AHLer from his first second there (scored a goal almost immediately). So was Lindberg. So was Miller. In every case, they had to wait until they totally dominated the AHL to move up. The AHL is not like the KHL where there's an overlap in quality, so top KHLers are as good as many NHLers.

Between the NHL and the AHL, there's a definite line. There are almost no AHLers who can take regular shift on NHL teams and not merely avoid f***ing up, but actually contribute for 82 games when they have to pace themselves for a marathon rather than impress in a spring for an injury call up. Literally a single digit number of such players exist in the AHL. So when you're playing in a league where over 95% can't hack it in the NHL, to prove that you're an NHLer, you don't need to be just good, not just above average, but head and shoulders above your competition.

Nieves is not there, at least not yet. He looks like a solid AHL top-6er. He does not look like he's too good for the AHL.

Old
10-31-2016, 01:22 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

Those goals on skapski are awful

Old
10-31-2016, 01:37 PM
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
He won't make it this season. There's nothing wrong with being a good second line AHLer in your rookie pro season. He's still 22.

Being a good AHLer does not get you promoted to the NHL. Fast was a good AHLer from his first second there (scored a goal almost immediately). So was Lindberg. So was Miller. In every case, they had to wait until they totally dominated the AHL to move up. The AHL is not like the KHL where there's an overlap in quality, so top KHLers are as good as many NHLers.

Between the NHL and the AHL, there's a definite line. There are almost no AHLers who can take regular shift on NHL teams and not merely avoid f***ing up, but actually contribute for 82 games when they have to pace themselves for a marathon rather than impress in a spring for an injury call up. Literally a single digit number of such players exist in the AHL. So when you're playing in a league where over 95% can't hack it in the NHL, to prove that you're an NHLer, you don't need to be just good, not just above average, but head and shoulders above your competition.

Nieves is not there, at least not yet. He looks like a solid AHL top-6er. He does not look like he's too good for the AHL.
Beacon, do you think he be a adequate fill-in for injuries as a bottom 6er for 3-5 games at this point? Just curious. I don't expect to see him until at least Jan-Feb but curious where he is now. Who would be your first callup right now?

Old
10-31-2016, 01:53 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Beacon, do you think he be a adequate fill-in for injuries as a bottom 6er for 3-5 games at this point? Just curious. I don't expect to see him until at least Jan-Feb but curious where he is now. Who would be your first callup right now?
Yes, in the right sheltered spot, he can fit in. He has NHL size, speed and vision. There are no glaring major problems, but there are several issues that come with having zero pro experience. Assuming no injuries or an attitude problem leading to a refusal to learn from the coaches, I have little doubt Nieves will eventually be an NHLer. He could step in for a few games right now with 8-9 sheltered minutes, but I wouldn't be trading a forward on the expectation that Boo will take over full-time.

Old
10-31-2016, 02:03 PM
eco's bones

I think that Nieves could fill in as a role player on the Rangers 4th line right now but you risk losing the development of the offensive component of his game. I think he's better off in Hartford at least for a couple months---get some goals, get some points, get some confidence in all parts of his game.

His skating is fine--he had no problem with the pace of pretty much a complete Flyer team in training camp after coming off a minor injury and sitting for a week +. He was very competitive in that game--using both his size and speed to disrupt the Flyers attack. He showed more in that one game than either Hrivik or Jensen showed in the 3-4 games that they got each. He's our best forward prospect in Hartford IMO.

Old
11-01-2016, 12:27 PM
Inferno

vCash: 857
any word on how mcilrath has played since he went down?

Old
11-01-2016, 01:30 PM
cwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
any word on how mcilrath has played since he went down?
1 game -1 3 shots

http://theahl.com/player?playerId=4119&season=undefined

Old
11-01-2016, 03:25 PM
Osminator

Calle Andersson sent to Greenville (ECHL)

Old
11-01-2016, 03:41 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
That's pretty much it for his NHL chances. I imagine he'll be loaned back to Sweden soon enough.

Old
11-01-2016, 03:51 PM
cwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
That's pretty much it for his NHL chances. I imagine he'll be loaned back to Sweden soon enough.
disagree, i expect Calle will be back in Hartford as soon as they don't have 7 healthy D

playing in the E at 22-1/2 is not the death sentence it once might have been,
many teams have deep depth charts these days, and want the young prospects playing, while also wanting their affiliates competitive

Old
11-01-2016, 03:56 PM
Revel
DXer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
Had by far the worst plus/minus of all defenders on the team (-6). We know he can shoot...guess he can't defend.

Old
11-01-2016, 04:40 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwede View Post
disagree, i expect Calle will be back in Hartford as soon as they don't have 7 healthy D

playing in the E at 22-1/2 is not the death sentence it once might have been,
many teams have deep depth charts these days, and want the young prospects playing, while also wanting their affiliates competitive
He has significant professional experience and should be able to stick in the AHL. He hasn't progressed much over the past few years, which makes me think it's unlikely that he takes any great jump over the next year or two. I haven't seen enough progress.

He should be more than a 7/8 defenseman on a bad defensive AHL team. If he has designs on making the NHL, anyway.

Old
11-01-2016, 04:51 PM
I Am Classless

Guessing Paliotta isn't a difference maker in Hartford? Kind of expected him to be

Old
11-01-2016, 05:47 PM
cwede

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Classless View Post
Guessing Paliotta isn't a difference maker in Hartford? Kind of expected him to be
what are you basing that assumption on?
points?

he's played every game, been playing top-4 minutes, pairing often with Gilmour or Graves,
and as soon as Dylan arrived they sent down one of the righty's behind them
his +/- is 0, on a team with 10 (-) players, Graves is -2

Old
11-02-2016, 05:43 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Possibly/probably, I had hopes for him last season going into this summer, but to be honest, I really think he should have taken a big step this summer to stay on track.

I don't like the work Gernander is doing in HFD and playing as defensive they are, I am not sure Andersson benefits from that given that he is more a puck possession player. But his big issue is nonetheless his mobility. He has always been heavy-set. What I would have liked to see this summer are of course report about him showing up in ultra good shape and it showing on the ice in how well he would move. How much his agility had improved.

I would be surprised if he stayed for sure.

Old
11-02-2016, 11:08 AM
Irishguy42

Old
11-02-2016, 11:12 AM
Mac n Gs
Gorton plz

Well that sucks for Calle. I was really hoping he would take the next step in his career to become a really good AHL defenseman this year. Looks like we need to add another RD to the prospect pool.

Closed Thread