HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pavel Buchnevich Part IV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-01-2016, 10:29 PM
  #1
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing
 
Megustaelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 12,315
vCash: 500
Pavel Buchnevich Part IV

Continue from

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=2075175

__________________
"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world." -Paul Farmer (EK)
Megustaelhockey is online now  
Old
11-02-2016, 06:13 AM
  #2
kovazub94
Enigmatic
 
kovazub94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,881
vCash: 500
Just like PB, the poster, I paid close attention to the play of the 4th line. Buch did not play well last night compared to prior games and for the most part it had nothing to do with his linemates. He received regular ice time throughout the game but was unable to make plays when he had opportunities. He often misplayed the puck, lost battles to opponents all over the ice and his skating without the puck was more "random". Again, it had nothing to do with his linemates or ice time. Games like this happen and Grabner didn't have a particularly strong game either but this whining that Buch is being mishandled before and after just one game is too much and very annoying. A few posters already expressed a similar sentiment (got to "chill") and it would be a mature thing to take a notice. Yeah, it is not worse than repeated posts from certain posters about Nash or the King or Fast etc, but it is definitely on the same level and do you want to be in this group?

__________________
Если в башне поебень - что ебень что не ебень.
Ленинград(c)
kovazub94 is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 06:48 AM
  #3
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 21,351
vCash: 500
First of all, I definitely have nothing against Buch playing some on the 4th line. Its a very long season, this is good for him.

Second of all, I still think he played well last season, although he is definitely squeezing his stick some. Getting that first goal would be huge for him.

Buch is good, but its important to remember that he is a number of years younger than Jimmy Vesey for example. He need to build more confidence offensively.

Ola is online now  
Old
11-02-2016, 06:59 AM
  #4
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6,729
vCash: 500
When you name yourself after a player and scream the sky is falling after your team dismantles a good team, because your hero was on the 4th line for a game, it's difficult to take you seriously.

chosen is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 07:03 AM
  #5
SA16
Sixstring
 
SA16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,795
vCash: 500
I didn't think he had a very good game. He had one very weak play along the boards where he turned it over and flubbed numerous chances. Best thing I would say is at least he got himself in position to make plays he just didn't make them

SA16 is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 07:24 AM
  #6
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,277
vCash: 500
One of his issues right now is he's not shooting enough. Hesitate for a moment and the opportunity goes away. This is something I suspect he'll get over.

eco's bones is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 08:19 AM
  #7
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 12,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
One of his issues right now is he's not shooting enough. Hesitate for a moment and the opportunity goes away. This is something I suspect he'll get over.
Noticed that as well - though, encouragingly, he looked to be getting over it already in the 3rd period. Definitely in the first two periods I saw him trying to force passes, or making passes that were perhaps a bit much for players of Fast/Pirri's skill level, and then in the 3rd he just ripped a couple of wristers at the net.

And for those who are saying he didn't have as good a game, I don't see it. He made numerous high quality plays, and was around the goal all night. Also, his back checking and play in his own zone remains strong for a 21-year-old. He flubbed a couple, sure, and obviously he's squeezing the stick, but he still stood out in a very positive way IMO.

Indeed, playing with Pirri and Fast, it appeared as if he were trying to drive play for that line. I'd like to see him back up in the top 9 or top 6 sooner rather than later, but I wasn't discouraged by his play at all.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 08:55 AM
  #8
Mac n Gs
Gorton plz
 
Mac n Gs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Country: United States
Posts: 10,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
One of his issues right now is he's not shooting enough. Hesitate for a moment and the opportunity goes away. This is something I suspect he'll get over.
Yeah, I mentioned this in the GDT too, and it's something that he'll overcome once he shakes the rookie jitters. He just needs a bounce to go his way, and I think it'll give him a nice boost of confidence.

Mac n Gs is online now  
Old
11-02-2016, 09:00 AM
  #9
NickyFotiu
Registered User
 
NickyFotiu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 6,016
vCash: 500
Buch actually played around 15 or 16 minutes last night. I think he will continue to play more thsn 4th line minutes and will be fine. He is a rookie learning the NA game. Fans should stop micromanaging every little play of all our players but especially our rookies.

NickyFotiu is online now  
Old
11-02-2016, 09:14 AM
  #10
OnlyRevolutions
Infinite Jest
 
OnlyRevolutions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,264
vCash: 500
He had some really weak plays last night, but he also had some where he was hustling to get back defensively. Ups and downs, ebbs and flows....welcome to rookie hockey!

A period of adjustment was completely expected, and I think some get unsettled with how well Vesey is doing by comparison. But Buch is new to the NA game and ice. He'll get there. He just needs a bit more confidence, a bit more puck luck, and I think he just needs to relax and play.

I don't think it's anything to get worked up about.

OnlyRevolutions is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 10:02 AM
  #11
kovazub94
Enigmatic
 
kovazub94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,881
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Noticed that as well - though, encouragingly, he looked to be getting over it already in the 3rd period. Definitely in the first two periods I saw him trying to force passes, or making passes that were perhaps a bit much for players of Fast/Pirri's skill level, and then in the 3rd he just ripped a couple of wristers at the net.

And for those who are saying he didn't have as good a game, I don't see it. He made numerous high quality plays, and was around the goal all night. Also, his back checking and play in his own zone remains strong for a 21-year-old. He flubbed a couple, sure, and obviously he's squeezing the stick, but he still stood out in a very positive way IMO.

Indeed, playing with Pirri and Fast, it appeared as if he were trying to drive play for that line. I'd like to see him back up in the top 9 or top 6 sooner rather than later, but I wasn't discouraged by his play at all.
Except for some plays early on and then toward the very end of the game he didn't have as strong of a game compared to what he showed in prior games. Nothing's wrong with it - can't expect his development curve to be a straight line from one game to the next. My point was the above was mostly on him (squeezing his stick, being anxious or overthinking the play, whatever). I just didn't like finger pointing at Pirri and Fast who have their specific roles and known limitations in their games so you can't expect them to make lemonade from Buch's lemons like Ziba and Kreider would.

BTW I know most here are aware of my strong support for Buch since when the Rangers drafted him but stating it just in case...

kovazub94 is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 10:07 AM
  #12
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 18,285
vCash: 500
Rough start for Buchnevich to be honest. He needs to get stronger and cut down on the turnovers. He is fortunate to be part of such a skilled/deep forward group where he can work through these issues without being depended upon too much for offensive production

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 11:20 AM
  #13
BleedinBLUEsince92
Registered User
 
BleedinBLUEsince92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
When you name yourself after a player and scream the sky is falling after your team dismantles a good team, because your hero was on the 4th line for a game, it's difficult to take you seriously.
This x100 lol

BleedinBLUEsince92 is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 12:11 PM
  #14
Mac n Gs
Gorton plz
 
Mac n Gs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Country: United States
Posts: 10,060
vCash: 500
He had an easy tap-in off of a beautiful pass from Jesper Fast that he missed completely. He's been playing very well, and I'm hoping he'll get a bounce to go his way soon.

Mac n Gs is online now  
Old
11-02-2016, 03:33 PM
  #15
Pavel Buchnevich
AV OUT
 
Pavel Buchnevich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 16,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
Just like PB, the poster, I paid close attention to the play of the 4th line. Buch did not play well last night compared to prior games and for the most part it had nothing to do with his linemates. He received regular ice time throughout the game but was unable to make plays when he had opportunities. He often misplayed the puck, lost battles to opponents all over the ice and his skating without the puck was more "random". Again, it had nothing to do with his linemates or ice time. Games like this happen and Grabner didn't have a particularly strong game either but this whining that Buch is being mishandled before and after just one game is too much and very annoying. A few posters already expressed a similar sentiment (got to "chill") and it would be a mature thing to take a notice. Yeah, it is not worse than repeated posts from certain posters about Nash or the King or Fast etc, but it is definitely on the same level and do you want to be in this group?
How does Buch have the best zone time in the entire league prior to this game but now he's just unable to create offense?

I don't buy it. He was playing with two unskilled 3rd/4th liners relative to the other forwards on the team. If that line was going to have a really good game, he would need to carry them. Fast game doesn't rely on offense, and Pirri's is completely the PP.

I'm just making the point that I don't think thats a good position to put him in that he needs to create nearly everything, if he's going to have a good game. Thats putting him in a position to fail.

Pavel Buchnevich is online now  
Old
11-02-2016, 03:37 PM
  #16
Pavel Buchnevich
AV OUT
 
Pavel Buchnevich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 16,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
When you name yourself after a player and scream the sky is falling after your team dismantles a good team, because your hero was on the 4th line for a game, it's difficult to take you seriously.
You know whats hard to take seriously?

Someone who complains about others, and then when confronted by that person for what they said, ignores that person, and keeps talking about them.

If you want to insult me, at least have the courage to respond to me. You don't, which says all thats needed about yourself. Confirmed coward.

Pavel Buchnevich is online now  
Old
11-02-2016, 03:40 PM
  #17
SA16
Sixstring
 
SA16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,795
vCash: 500
Pirri is an extremely above average even strength goal scorer so I don't really know what you're talking about his offense being completely based on the pp.

SA16 is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 03:43 PM
  #18
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 24,035
vCash: 500
He really needs to settle in and get more confidence. I'd also like to see him just fire the puck at all times for now instead of trying to make any fancy pants passes.

Levitate is online now  
Old
11-02-2016, 03:44 PM
  #19
Pavel Buchnevich
AV OUT
 
Pavel Buchnevich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 16,729
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
Pirri is an extremely above average even strength goal scorer so I don't really know what you're talking about his offense being completely based on the pp.
He can't skate, can't stick handle, can't pass, doesn't go in hard on the forecheck. His whole game is his shot, which has been acknowledged by a lot of people. Yesterday, he didn't help out at all with moving the puck up ice, getting it into the zone, creating plays for others, winning puck battles. His game is completely predicated on time and space to shoot.

I liked the signing, but he is a PP specialist. Just because the other 4th line players aren't Glass and Paille doesn't make it an incredibly skilled 4th line. You could see last game that the fourth line struggled, and if its going to succeed, Buch is going to have to carry the line offensively. I don't think a 21 year old should have to do that, especially after he did nothing wrong to get demoted.

Pavel Buchnevich is online now  
Old
11-02-2016, 03:44 PM
  #20
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 10,055
vCash: 500
I'm going to assume that if the Rangers attempt to send Buchnevich down he bolts to the KHL for the rest of the year. A shame because I think a spell in Hartford would do him some good in the short and long term. I don't think Buchnevich has played that bad. A tad uneven at times but that is to be expected. I also don't have an issue with him playing on the 4th line right now. The Rangers don't have a traditional 4th line a the moment.

Buchnevich has a ton of talent. It is obvious to see but he has a lot to learn, like most rookies, he is seeing some things for the first time and it looks like he is thinking on the ice and not reacting.

I hope the Rangers have somone that can sit Buchnevich down and say go to Hartford for 10 or 20 games and work on these specific areas. Be the best player on the team and in the AHL.

I don't think Buchnevich should be demoted for his play. I think he should be sent to Hartford to work on some aspects of his game. I think he could learn more playing a ton of minutes in Hartford, carrying the offense.

I'm not giving up on the player. I think he is going to be a borderline 1st line player for years go come. I just want what's best for Buchnevich in the short and long term. The Rangers can point to guys like Kreider and Miller and say it is part of the process of becoming a good NHL player.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 04:10 PM
  #21
DanielBrassard
Registered User
 
DanielBrassard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: PA from SI
Country: United States
Posts: 3,907
vCash: 500
I disagree with that. Buch shouldnt go to the minors. I think that would be a waste. He is very good defensively, helping us transition up ice, and I fell hes becoming more comfortable creating offense.

DanielBrassard is online now  
Old
11-02-2016, 04:20 PM
  #22
BroadwayStorm
Registered User
 
BroadwayStorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,734
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BroadwayStorm
Wow the negativity on these boards makes one suicidal. I hate Ranger fans man. They will always have something to ***** about.

BroadwayStorm is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 04:32 PM
  #23
SA16
Sixstring
 
SA16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 4,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Buchnevich View Post
He can't skate, can't stick handle, can't pass, doesn't go in hard on the forecheck. His whole game is his shot, which has been acknowledged by a lot of people. Yesterday, he didn't help out at all with moving the puck up ice, getting it into the zone, creating plays for others, winning puck battles. His game is completely predicated on time and space to shoot.

I liked the signing, but he is a PP specialist. Just because the other 4th line players aren't Glass and Paille doesn't make it an incredibly skilled 4th line. You could see last game that the fourth line struggled, and if its going to succeed, Buch is going to have to carry the line offensively. I don't think a 21 year old should have to do that, especially after he did nothing wrong to get demoted.
Over the last 3 full seasons Pirri is like 23rd in the league on 5 on 5 goals/60 with almost 2000 minutes played. He's not a powerplay specialist

SA16 is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 04:48 PM
  #24
Raspewtin
Free Kat Dennings
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Country: France
Posts: 30,864
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBrassard View Post
I disagree with that. Buch shouldnt go to the minors. I think that would be a waste. He is very good defensively, helping us transition up ice, and I fell hes becoming more comfortable creating offense.
I like how this whole board spent all summer talking about how we won't have high expectations, and that there will be an adjustment period; and now that there is one it's unacceptable.

__________________
"It's going to be a zoo no matter what, Staalmania, Staals everywhre, omg Staal on Staal action, three brothers hockeying! Staal returning to Carolina omg what news! All the feels he is feel..." - Ail on Eric Staal's return to Carolina.
Raspewtin is online now  
Old
11-02-2016, 04:58 PM
  #25
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 10,868
vCash: 500
The entire team is playing well save for one rookie--who looks like . . . a rookie--so naturally his thread is bumped to the top and contentious.

Crease is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.