HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pavel Buchnevich Part IV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-02-2016, 03:58 PM
  #26
bigblue21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 409
vCash: 500
Give the kid a few games here. He's played in 5. That's less than the 9 that these rookies getting sent back to Canadian juniors get.

He (along with plenty of other forwards as the year goes) got moved down the lineup for a game. If he's still playing on the fourth line by the end of the month, there will be a little cause for concern.

bigblue21 is online now  
Old
11-02-2016, 04:15 PM
  #27
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen
 
Miamipuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Take a Wild Guess
Posts: 5,278
vCash: 50
It's a long season, he's new to NA, new to the NHL and in a new environment. The Rangers are pretty much firing on all cylinders. Why bother getting mad with his usage in game # 10 of 82+ when it's not too arguable if it's a good or bad move for the kid at the moment. It makes sense because the guys playing ahead of him are all playing well together, it's not like a punishment of the kid.

It's not like he's playing with Tanner Glass. He's playing with a guy that has one of the best shots in the entire NHL and a smart defensive player. That particular environment isn't bad at this stage, it's not the usual 4th line of pluggers.

Miamipuck is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 04:15 PM
  #28
jay from jersey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 639
vCash: 500
umm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblue21 View Post
Give the kid a few games here. He's played in 5. That's less than the 9 that these rookies getting sent back to Canadian juniors get.

He (along with plenty of other forwards as the year goes) got moved down the lineup for a game. If he's still playing on the fourth line by the end of the month, there will be a little cause for concern.
he better be moved up to top 3 lines within a month. he is highly skilled and should be playing with skill players. I don't want any ideas about him bolting back to russia. When a trade is finally made for a d-man I'm counting on him for depth and talent for this squad

jay from jersey is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 04:20 PM
  #29
Rangers79
Registered User
 
Rangers79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 175
vCash: 500
I can understand AV wanting Kreider-Zib-Zucc together but Buch should be on the 3rd line with Hayes and Miller. He's got speed and talent to work well with them.

Rangers79 is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 04:20 PM
  #30
offdacrossbar
draft the BPA
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 12,607
vCash: 500
buchnevich will be fine.

dont agree with most of what av does so having him on the 4th line doesnt surprise me at all. pretty certain thats not his best spot but, and this is the deal right now......

no changes will be made. this team is firing on all cylinders right now. dont expect many changes to this top 18 any time soon.

buchnevich will be fine there. its not like he's playing with stiffs. he's not getting prime minutes and he not on the 1st pp unit, but thats to be expected.

he made the team out of camp. he does need to learn and earn. its early still and he's a kid.

thats the line my sons old junior B coach always used

"you gotta learn and earn"

offdacrossbar is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 04:27 PM
  #31
bigblue21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers79 View Post
I can understand AV wanting Kreider-Zib-Zucc together but Buch should be on the 3rd line with Hayes and Miller. He's got speed and talent to work well with them.
He will be back up in grabner's spot. Grabner got rewarded for playing well and putting in 3. Would expect to see him back down on the 4th line in the next game or two.

bigblue21 is online now  
Old
11-02-2016, 04:42 PM
  #32
Pavel Buchnevich
AV AND GORTON OUT
 
Pavel Buchnevich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 20,347
vCash: 500
He's been fine. I don't know why people are saying otherwise. He's been an offensive machine, just bad puck luck. The players that have 3, 4, 5 points more have played more games than him and have gotten puck luck that he hasn't gotten.

The problem is the usage. Demoted to the 4th. Coach telling lies saying "players don't lose their place because of an injury." People complain because AV doesn't use minor leaguers, but they defend him when he treats a talented rookie unfairly. Makes no sense to me.

Pavel Buchnevich is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 04:51 PM
  #33
BlueshirtBlitz
Foolish Samurai
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 21,326
vCash: 500
The Rangers offense is so stacked, I have no doubt Buch will hook up with Pirri for a handful of good scoring chances tonight.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 04:56 PM
  #34
pdogfizzle
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Buchnevich View Post
He's been fine. I don't know why people are saying otherwise. He's been an offensive machine, just bad puck luck. The players that have 3, 4, 5 points more have played more games than him and have gotten puck luck that he hasn't gotten.

The problem is the usage. Demoted to the 4th. Coach telling lies saying "players don't lose their place because of an injury." People complain because AV doesn't use minor leaguers, but they defend him when he treats a talented rookie unfairly. Makes no sense to me.
Buch didn't lose his spot because of injury. He got outplayed by grabner. Simple as that. He had 2 games back from injury in the top 6. Go with the hot hand and once it cools down then he's back.

pdogfizzle is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 05:09 PM
  #35
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,686
vCash: 500
Why would the Rangers send Buchnevich to Hartford? He's been fine. A bit of injury and maybe a little bit of a slow start production wise but he's in the play--he's competitive and he should get better the more he gets acclimated.

eco's bones is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 05:13 PM
  #36
Sayba
Registered User
 
Sayba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 453
vCash: 500
I would like to see him on the 3rd line, fine putting him on the 4th if we are up and switch with Grabner. It will be interesting to see if he sticks on the power play with how well Nash, Miller and Hayes have played so far.

Sayba is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 05:21 PM
  #37
Pavel Buchnevich
AV AND GORTON OUT
 
Pavel Buchnevich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 20,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdogfizzle View Post
Buch didn't lose his spot because of injury. He got outplayed by grabner. Simple as that. He had 2 games back from injury in the top 6. Go with the hot hand and once it cools down then he's back.
1RW at time of injury.

When he comes back, Zucc has taken 1RW, he went to 1LW. Had Kreider not been injured, he probably wouldn't have even been on that line, based on what AV has said.

Can you explain how thats not losing a place due to injury?

Pavel Buchnevich is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 05:29 PM
  #38
SA16
Sixstring
 
SA16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Buchnevich View Post
He's been fine. I don't know why people are saying otherwise. He's been an offensive machine, just bad puck luck. The players that have 3, 4, 5 points more have played more games than him and have gotten puck luck that he hasn't gotten.

The problem is the usage. Demoted to the 4th. Coach telling lies saying "players don't lose their place because of an injury." People complain because AV doesn't use minor leaguers, but they defend him when he treats a talented rookie unfairly. Makes no sense to me.
Players don't lose their place to injuries is a stupid policy and mantra that all teams say and nobody actually follows. If a guy gets hurt and someone steps in and plays well/better they do not get removed.

SA16 is online now  
Old
11-02-2016, 05:51 PM
  #39
bigblue21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers79 View Post
I can understand AV wanting Kreider-Zib-Zucc together but Buch should be on the 3rd line with Hayes and Miller. He's got speed and talent to work well with them.
He will be back up in grabner's spot. Grabner got rewarded for playing well and putting in 3. Would expect to see him back down on the 4th line in the next game or two.

bigblue21 is online now  
Old
11-02-2016, 06:22 PM
  #40
Igor Shestyorkin
Elite Russian Squad
 
Igor Shestyorkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Mother Russia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
The Rangers offense is so stacked, I have no doubt Buch will hook up with Pirri for a handful of good scoring chances tonight.
Tonight? But we're playing tomorrow.

Igor Shestyorkin is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 06:25 PM
  #41
NickyFotiu
NYR 2017 Cup Champs!
 
NickyFotiu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 8,024
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Buchnevich View Post
He's been fine. I don't know why people are saying otherwise. He's been an offensive machine, just bad puck luck. The players that have 3, 4, 5 points more have played more games than him and have gotten puck luck that he hasn't gotten.

The problem is the usage. Demoted to the 4th. Coach telling lies saying "players don't lose their place because of an injury." People complain because AV doesn't use minor leaguers, but they defend him when he treats a talented rookie unfairly. Makes no sense to me.
I'm a PB fan but its not unreasonable for him to have to prove he will be productive at the NHL level before being put in a top 6 spot. Vesey, Zooks, Nash, Kreider, and JT all had to prove they were NHL scorers. Now if you say PB should be on the 3rd line instead of Grabner I think you may have a case down the road but Grabner really seemed to jump start that line so it may take a little time. PB getting powerplay time as a rookie is already a compliment to him especially under AV.

NickyFotiu is online now  
Old
11-02-2016, 06:59 PM
  #42
jaywills1020
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 330
vCash: 500
He shows absolutely zero hustle. Doesn't want the puck. As soon as he gets it he moves it. I'm in the minority here but I'm not impressed at all with him. I haven't seen one play from him where I said "wow that was a nice play"

jaywills1020 is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 09:40 PM
  #43
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 25,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Buchnevich View Post
1RW at time of injury.

When he comes back, Zucc has taken 1RW, he went to 1LW. Had Kreider not been injured, he probably wouldn't have even been on that line, based on what AV has said.

Can you explain how thats not losing a place due to injury?
Why in God's name would you want that to be the policy? It's a dumb policy. What if Grabner got injured, Buch scored a hat trick in his place and then got demoted. Would you still support a policy of not losing your spot due to injury? You play your best lineup not a lineup based on something arbitrary like not losing your spot due to injury. Seriously, the constant posts about Buch playing on the 4th line when the Rangers just won 5-0 is not a good look, it's dare I say childish.

SnowblindNYR is online now  
Old
11-02-2016, 09:52 PM
  #44
Pavel Buchnevich
AV AND GORTON OUT
 
Pavel Buchnevich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 20,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Why in God's name would you want that to be the policy? It's a dumb policy. What if Grabner got injured, Buch scored a hat trick in his place and then got demoted. Would you still support a policy of not losing your spot due to injury? You play your best lineup not a lineup based on something arbitrary like not losing your spot due to injury. Seriously, the constant posts about Buch playing on the 4th line when the Rangers just won 5-0 is not a good look, it's dare I say childish.
Thats besides the point. AV didn't mention it applying to any player specifically. He said players won't lose their spots because of injury.

Pavel Buchnevich is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 09:54 PM
  #45
Irishguy42
Registered User
 
Irishguy42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bayside
Country: United States
Posts: 11,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Buchnevich View Post
Thats besides the point. AV didn't mention it applying to any player specifically. He said players won't lose their spots because of injury.
He didn't lose his spot to injury. He lost his spot due to other players on the team doing better while he was out injured. And then once Kreider came back...

I think you're also expecting the lineup to remain stagnant for the majority of the season...yeah, good luck with that.

Irishguy42 is offline  
Old
11-02-2016, 11:24 PM
  #46
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 25,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Buchnevich View Post
Thats besides the point. AV didn't mention it applying to any player specifically. He said players won't lose their spots because of injury.
It's not besides the point. You only think this is a good policy because of you bias towards Buchnevich. Playing a suboptimal lineup because of your loyalty to a player that got injured is AV not putting his team in the best position to win.

SnowblindNYR is online now  
Old
11-02-2016, 11:37 PM
  #47
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7,080
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Buchnevich View Post
You know whats hard to take seriously?

Someone who complains about others, and then when confronted by that person for what they said, ignores that person, and keeps talking about them.

If you want to insult me, at least have the courage to respond to me. You don't, which says all thats needed about yourself. Confirmed coward.
As you wish.

The Rangers just crushed a team considered to be a Cup contender. Your reaction to the absolutely crushing victory was to go bat**** crazy that Buchnevich was relegated to the 4th line.

Never mind that the team you are supposedly rooting for is hammering everyone they play.

Buchnevich got hurt and missed a couple of games.

Your biggest takeaway from a dominant win is to cry that the one you adore was robbed of precious ice time. Imagine the reaction of the fans and his teammates if he expressed the attitude you are displaying. He would be sent to the doghouse.

Thankfully, he is far smarter than you.

He's a talented kid who will probably have a good career, but because you're determined that he prove he is the greatest to ever lace them up, reduced ice time in one game is perceived as spitting in the face of a god.

He'll be fine. Then you can tell everyone how smart you were to take his name. That seems to be far more important to you than how the team you supposedly like performs.

chosen is online now  
Old
11-03-2016, 01:01 AM
  #48
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,857
vCash: 500
Buch on the 4th line isn't terrible as that line has seen a decent amount of success so far. 16 pts between Grabner, Pirri, and Fast. Is that a league high?

For me, it's all a matter of how much ice time AV is going to give him. I still want to see him get around 15 min. Kid needs to play to get better.

n8 is offline  
Old
11-03-2016, 01:25 AM
  #49
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 25,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
Buch on the 4th line isn't terrible as that line has seen a decent amount of success so far. 16 pts between Grabner, Pirri, and Fast. Is that a league high?

For me, it's all a matter of how much ice time AV is going to give him. I still want to see him get around 15 min. Kid needs to play to get better.
How many of those points came on different lines or the PP?

SnowblindNYR is online now  
Old
11-03-2016, 02:19 AM
  #50
Lua
Registered User
 
Lua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
As you wish.

The Rangers just crushed a team considered to be a Cup contender. Your reaction to the absolutely crushing victory was to go bat**** crazy that Buchnevich was relegated to the 4th line.

Never mind that the team you are supposedly rooting for is hammering everyone they play.

Buchnevich got hurt and missed a couple of games.

Your biggest takeaway from a dominant win is to cry that the one you adore was robbed of precious ice time. Imagine the reaction of the fans and his teammates if he expressed the attitude you are displaying. He would be sent to the doghouse.

Thankfully, he is far smarter than you.

He's a talented kid who will probably have a good career, but because you're determined that he prove he is the greatest to ever lace them up, reduced ice time in one game is perceived as spitting in the face of a god.

He'll be fine. Then you can tell everyone how smart you were to take his name. That seems to be far more important to you than how the team you supposedly like performs.
You forgot to mention how lame it is to trash on Grabner and Pirri for the heinous crime of posting such good results that they temporarily took a minute of Buch's ice time—who, by the way, still had 4+ minutes on the PP, the same amount as the wingers above him on the depth chart.

Buch will be a good player, but he has to take his lumps and learn. Kreider and especially Miller got the same treatment, and it looks like that tough love is paying off.

Lua is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.