HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pavel Buchnevich Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
11-03-2016, 11:09 AM
Anthony5967

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywills1020 View Post
He shows absolutely zero hustle. Doesn't want the puck. As soon as he gets it he moves it. I'm in the minority here but I'm not impressed at all with him. I haven't seen one play from him where I said "wow that was a nice play"
This is absolutely a ludicrous statement. No hustle? Come on.

Old
11-05-2016, 10:21 PM
Leetch3

is buch living with someone on the team?

Old
11-05-2016, 11:08 PM
Inferno

vCash: 857
glad he finally got his first one...he was due.

Old
11-05-2016, 11:20 PM
FLYLine27
BUCH

Old
11-05-2016, 11:20 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
glad he finally got his first one...he was due.
Yeah I think he needed that to take some pressure off. Sick shot too.

Old
11-05-2016, 11:24 PM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine27 View Post

Okay, now he really does look like Vitaly

Old
11-05-2016, 11:36 PM
Irishguy42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch3 View Post
is buch living with someone on the team?
Last I heard, he was living in a hotel by the practice facility, and he/his agent was looking for a more permanent living situation.

No updates that I'm aware of.

Old
11-05-2016, 11:44 PM
2Leetch_94
Kreid me a river

Time for Buch to have a Gary Sanchez level impact now. Gary hit his first HR against the Red Sox at Fenway. Buch pots his first goal against the Bruins at TD Garden. Fully expecting Buch to join the 50 in 50 club now.

Old
11-06-2016, 12:29 AM
Monument
Start The Shooting

Get sniped, Rask.

Old
11-06-2016, 12:43 AM
Adam Clendening
#RIPClendening

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywills1020 View Post
He shows absolutely zero hustle. Doesn't want the puck. As soon as he gets it he moves it. I'm in the minority here but I'm not impressed at all with him. I haven't seen one play from him where I said "wow that was a nice play"
Lol @ this ridiculous post. You've obviously not actually been paying the slightest of attention to Buch or your expectations are sky high.

Old
11-06-2016, 12:49 AM
Pavel Buchnevich
AV OUT

Old
11-06-2016, 01:01 AM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
Duclair who?

Old
11-06-2016, 01:14 AM
Pavel Buchnevich
AV OUT

Some fans don't even know who our drafted players are until they play their first NHL Game, and thats fine. Not everyone has to follow all these players, but a lot of people just don't feel the same joy as those of us who have followed Buch's career since he was drafted. Some of you guys were not watching terrible internet streams in a foreign language that you don't understand of terrible hockey teams in Russia to watch one player in those games. When there's a payoff for following these prospects, its a prideful moment as a fan. When Shestyorkin plays his first game for the Rangers, it'll be the same way.

The Rangers are a franchise who hasn't historically developed that many of its own players who were very successful for the team, especially the last few years, I take pride in when we develop a player. I like the free agents signings as well, but for some fans, we root more for the players we've been watching develop for years. I'm sure I'm not the only fan who feels this way. To some fans, they are all the same. To others of us, its easier to root for the players you've been watching develop into NHL players for years. Obviously there is one team goal, we want the team to win the Stanley Cup, doesn't matter if the opposing goalie puts the puck in his own net to give us the Stanley Cup, but individually, its just easier to root for certain players, if you've followed their careers since they were drafted.

Old
11-06-2016, 03:52 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Buchnevich View Post
Some fans don't even know who our drafted players are until they play their first NHL Game, and thats fine. Not everyone has to follow all these players, but a lot of people just don't feel the same joy as those of us who have followed Buch's career since he was drafted. Some of you guys were not watching terrible internet streams in a foreign language that you don't understand of terrible hockey teams in Russia to watch one player in those games. When there's a payoff for following these prospects, its a prideful moment as a fan. When Shestyorkin plays his first game for the Rangers, it'll be the same way.

The Rangers are a franchise who hasn't historically developed that many of its own players who were very successful for the team, especially the last few years, I take pride in when we develop a player. I like the free agents signings as well, but for some fans, we root more for the players we've been watching develop for years. I'm sure I'm not the only fan who feels this way. To some fans, they are all the same. To others of us, its easier to root for the players you've been watching develop into NHL players for years. Obviously there is one team goal, we want the team to win the Stanley Cup, doesn't matter if the opposing goalie puts the puck in his own net to give us the Stanley Cup, but individually, its just easier to root for certain players, if you've followed their careers since they were drafted.
That's all nice and well but when all you do is complain about him not playing when the team is winning and scoring tons of goals you look like a 16 year old girl with a crush. This is game 10 or so of his first NHL season. Do you think he'll never play in the top 9? He probably will play there some time this season.

Old
11-06-2016, 05:32 AM
Kahuna Nanu
top10 anime betrayal

vCash: 50
Feel like the floodgates are about to open up for Buch. He just needed that one to go in, I think his confidence will be sky high now.

11-06-2016, 05:48 AM
Dijock94

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
That's all nice and well but when all you do is complain about him not playing when the team is winning and scoring tons of goals you look like a 16 year old girl with a crush. This is game 10 or so of his first NHL season. Do you think he'll never play in the top 9? He probably will play there some time this season.
When Grabner comes back down to earth (4th line) I expect Buch to get bumped back up. Or when an injury occurs. Or both and Pirri gets bumped up too. The depth is nice and as this season goes along he should climb the roster. By the way isn't AV still managing to get him solid minutes?

Old
11-06-2016, 07:03 AM
bl02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Duclair who?
Loved duclair but you're right looking at the early sample size their is no doubt who is the better player

Old
11-06-2016, 07:17 AM
haohmaru
boomshakalaka

Quote:
Huh? I'd argue the exact opposite. If anything, the Rangers draftees have probably outperformed expectations over the last 10 years.

Since 2006:

Sanguinetti 1st round, 45 games played
Anisimov 2nd round, 500+ games played
Hagelin 6th round, 350+ games played
Del Zotto 1st round, 400+ games played
Stepan 2nd round, 400+ games played
Grachev 3rd round, 34 games played
Dale Weise 4th round, 300+ games played
Chris Kreider 1st round, 250+ games played
Roman Horak 5th round, 84 NHL games played
Dylan Mcilrath 1st round 30+ games played
Christian Thomas 2nd round 20+ games played
Jesper Fast 6th round, 100+ games played
JT Miller 1st round, 200+ games played
Brady Skjei 1st round, 20 games played
Pavel Buchnevich 3rd round, 12 games played
Anthony Duclair 3rd round, 100+ games played

That's not factoring in guys that have played in less than 10 games, Cherapanov's death, and a dearth of 1st rounders over the last 10 years. If you've got 3rd, 4th, and 6th rounders playing 100+ games you're doing well.

Old
11-06-2016, 08:30 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:

Nice speech. May I suggest you enjoy Buchnevich's journey of becoming an NHL player instead of all the dopey complaints about what line he's playing on.

Old
11-06-2016, 10:37 AM
JohnC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Do you think he'll never play in the top 9?
Obv.

Look at Kuznetsov's first season. He spent time on their 4th line and he was a better prospect.

Old
11-06-2016, 10:40 AM
aufheben
Global Moderator
#RIPClendening

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Huh? I'd argue the exact opposite. If anything, the Rangers draftees have probably outperformed expectations over the last 10 years.

Since 2006:

Sanguinetti 1st round, 45 games played
Anisimov 2nd round, 500+ games played
Hagelin 6th round, 350+ games played
Del Zotto 1st round, 400+ games played
Stepan 2nd round, 400+ games played
Grachev 3rd round, 34 games played
Dale Weise 4th round, 300+ games played
Chris Kreider 1st round, 250+ games played
Roman Horak 5th round, 84 NHL games played
Dylan Mcilrath 1st round 30+ games played
Christian Thomas 2nd round 20+ games played
Jesper Fast 6th round, 100+ games played
JT Miller 1st round, 200+ games played
Brady Skjei 1st round, 20 games played
Pavel Buchnevich 3rd round, 12 games played
Anthony Duclair 3rd round, 100+ games played

That's not factoring in guys that have played in less than 10 games, Cherapanov's death, and a dearth of 1st rounders over the last 10 years. If you've got 3rd, 4th, and 6th rounders playing 100+ games you're doing well.
That's also not included Callahan, Dubinsky, Staal, Korpedo, Montoya.

Old
11-06-2016, 11:15 AM
Blueshirt Special

I just close my eyes and shoot.

"I just close my eyes and shoot."
Old
11-06-2016, 11:22 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl02 View Post
Loved duclair but you're right looking at the early sample size their is no doubt who is the better player
Problem with Duclair, until he makes changes, is that he only shows up when he feels like it. With Buch, even though he wasn't producing in some of the games, he was still hustling and trying to make things happen. When Duclair isn't on he's invisible.

In terms of overall skill they are probably about on par, but I think Buch will be the better player in the end.

Old
11-06-2016, 11:24 AM
SA16
Sixstring

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Problem with Duclair, until he makes changes, is that he only shows up when he feels like it. With Buch, even though he wasn't producing in some of the games, he was still hustling and trying to make things happen. When Duclair isn't on he's invisible.

In terms of overall skill they are probably about on par, but I think Buch will be the better player in the end.
The biggest problem with Duclair is he has one of the lowest shot rates of any forward in the league

Old
11-06-2016, 11:26 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
The biggest problem with Duclair is he has one of the lowest shot rates of any forward in the league
That too.. he's way too opportunistic. Doesn't create much on his own

Closed Thread