HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Pavel Buchnevich Part IV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-06-2016, 11:04 AM
  #76
haohmaru
boomshakalaka
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 8,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
That's also not included Callahan, Dubinsky, Staal, Korpedo, Montoya.
Drafted before 2006, but, yeah, some solid 2nd rounders there too.

haohmaru is offline  
Old
11-06-2016, 11:06 AM
  #77
Raspewtin
Fire Clowneault
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Country: France
Posts: 33,134
vCash: 500
I'm fine with Buch on the 4th line because playing with Brandon Pirri and Jesper Fast (actual, good NHL'ers) is much preferred to playing with garbage like Glass, Paille, and Stoll.

__________________
"UGH! NOW WHAT AM I GONNA DO WITH THIS CUSTOM "CAPSPACE" JERSEY?!?!" - East Coast Bias.
Raspewtin is offline  
Old
11-06-2016, 11:27 AM
  #78
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD
 
Kovalev27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 5,660
vCash: 500
He's gaining confidence. He'll get his shot higher up the lineup soon enough.

Kovalev27 is online now  
Old
11-06-2016, 02:08 PM
  #79
Pavel Buchnevich
AV AND GORTON OUT
 
Pavel Buchnevich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 22,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Huh? I'd argue the exact opposite. If anything, the Rangers draftees have probably outperformed expectations over the last 10 years.


Since 2006:

Sanguinetti 1st round, 45 games played
Anisimov 2nd round, 500+ games played
Hagelin 6th round, 350+ games played
Del Zotto 1st round, 400+ games played
Stepan 2nd round, 400+ games played
Grachev 3rd round, 34 games played
Dale Weise 4th round, 300+ games played
Chris Kreider 1st round, 250+ games played
Roman Horak 5th round, 84 NHL games played
Dylan Mcilrath 1st round 30+ games played
Christian Thomas 2nd round 20+ games played
Jesper Fast 6th round, 100+ games played
JT Miller 1st round, 200+ games played
Brady Skjei 1st round, 20 games played
Pavel Buchnevich 3rd round, 12 games played
Anthony Duclair 3rd round, 100+ games played

That's not factoring in guys that have played in less than 10 games, Cherapanov's death, and a dearth of 1st rounders over the last 10 years. If you've got 3rd, 4th, and 6th rounders playing 100+ games you're doing well.
This is our current roster.

Nash: Trade
McDonagh: Trade
Girardi: Free Agent
Zucc: Free Agent
Vesey: Free Agent
Hayes: Free Agent
Raanta: Trade
Zibanejad: Trade
Klein: Trade
Holden: Trade
Lindberg: Trade

There have also been plenty of Jagr's, Messiers, Gretzky's over the years. Also the Gaborik's, Richards, Brassards, Yandle's.

How many of the current roster are draft picks by the Rangers? Hank, Staal, Kreider, Miller, Skjei, Buch, Fast, Stepan. Eight Players. Two of which are currently rookies, so its pretty much my point that lately we haven't had many of our own draft picks playing for us. We've actually drafted well, but we've had so few draft picks, some of which were traded. I don't know about you, but I think its easier to root for these types of players that we drafted, we developed. I wasn't a big enough fan at the time to watch Hank playing in Sweden, Stepan at Wisconsin, etc, but I'm sure those that followed their careers before they played in the NHL felt plenty of pride when they first started playing for the Rangers. I don't know how many of you guys follow soccer, but there's a reason that a club like Barcelona takes pride in their youth products playing for their first team instead of just buying the new biggest name available.

Some fans just won't understand it. If you haven't spent the time going out of your way to watch these players develop before they get to the NHL, then they are all the same. To some fans, and I know I am not the only one, they aren't all the same.

I don't know what the arguing is here. I just wanted to say its a prideful moment to some that one of our low draft picks made it to the NHL, scored a goal, and is doing a good job. It's a big credit to our system.

Pavel Buchnevich is offline  
Old
11-06-2016, 02:18 PM
  #80
we want cup
Registered User
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 11,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Buchnevich View Post
This is our current roster.

Nash: Trade
McDonagh: Trade
Girardi: Free Agent
Zucc: Free Agent
Vesey: Free Agent
Hayes: Free Agent
Raanta: Trade
Zibanejad: Trade
Klein: Trade
Holden: Trade
Lindberg: Trade

There have also been plenty of Jagr's, Messiers, Gretzky's over the years. Also the Gaborik's, Richards, Brassards, Yandle's.

How many of the current roster are draft picks by the Rangers? Hank, Staal, Kreider, Miller, Skjei, Buch, Fast, Stepan. Eight Players. Two of which are currently rookies, so its pretty much my point that lately we haven't had many of our own draft picks playing for us. We've actually drafted well, but we've had so few draft picks, some of which were traded. I don't know about you, but I think its easier to root for these types of players that we drafted, we developed. I wasn't a big enough fan at the time to watch Hank playing in Sweden, Stepan at Wisconsin, etc, but I'm sure those that followed their careers before they played in the NHL felt plenty of pride when they first started playing for the Rangers. I don't know how many of you guys follow soccer, but there's a reason that a club like Barcelona takes pride in their youth products playing for their first team instead of just buying the new biggest name available.

Some fans just won't understand it. If you haven't spent the time going out of your way to watch these players develop before they get to the NHL, then they are all the same. To some fans, and I know I am not the only one, they aren't all the same.

I don't know what the arguing is here. I just wanted to say its a prideful moment to some that one of our low draft picks made it to the NHL, scored a goal, and is doing a good job. It's a big credit to our system.
Who do you think we traded for everyone we got in trades?

we want cup is online now  
Old
11-06-2016, 02:44 PM
  #81
Made Dan
Registered User
 
Made Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Okay, now he really does look like Vitaly
If only he were as yoked as him


(I know I know, wouldn't necessarily help his game)

Made Dan is offline  
Old
11-06-2016, 02:47 PM
  #82
aufheben
Global Moderator
#RIPClendening
 
aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 33,270
vCash: 500
PB I'm not sure what point you're trying to make

__________________
nhl.com gave me influenza. beware
aufheben is offline  
Old
11-06-2016, 02:58 PM
  #83
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?
 
ChrisKreider20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,651
vCash: 500
I think the key is that the draft + sign UFA prospects strategy is really working and has nullified the effect of us trading our draft picks away. It would be nice to have some draft picks though.

ChrisKreider20 is offline  
Old
11-06-2016, 03:04 PM
  #84
haohmaru
boomshakalaka
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 8,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Buchnevich View Post
This is our current roster.

Nash: Trade
McDonagh: Trade
Girardi: Free Agent
Zucc: Free Agent
Vesey: Free Agent
Hayes: Free Agent
Raanta: Trade
Zibanejad: Trade
Klein: Trade
Holden: Trade
Lindberg: Trade

There have also been plenty of Jagr's, Messiers, Gretzky's over the years. Also the Gaborik's, Richards, Brassards, Yandle's.

How many of the current roster are draft picks by the Rangers? Hank, Staal, Kreider, Miller, Skjei, Buch, Fast, Stepan. Eight Players. Two of which are currently rookies, so its pretty much my point that lately we haven't had many of our own draft picks playing for us. We've actually drafted well, but we've had so few draft picks, some of which were traded. I don't know about you, but I think its easier to root for these types of players that we drafted, we developed. I wasn't a big enough fan at the time to watch Hank playing in Sweden, Stepan at Wisconsin, etc, but I'm sure those that followed their careers before they played in the NHL felt plenty of pride when they first started playing for the Rangers. I don't know how many of you guys follow soccer, but there's a reason that a club like Barcelona takes pride in their youth products playing for their first team instead of just buying the new biggest name available.

Some fans just won't understand it. If you haven't spent the time going out of your way to watch these players develop before they get to the NHL, then they are all the same. To some fans, and I know I am not the only one, they aren't all the same.

I don't know what the arguing is here. I just wanted to say its a prideful moment to some that one of our low draft picks made it to the NHL, scored a goal, and is doing a good job. It's a big credit to our system.
Okay, but you said the Rangers haven't developed that many players that were successful for the Rangers and that's simply untrue. Hagelin, Del Zotto, Staal, Kreider, Stepan, Anisimov, Fast, Skjei, Miller, Dubinsky, Weise, Callahan, etc...

That some of these were traded for other players or better players doesn't change the fact that the Rangers developed them into an asset and traded them.

IMHO, Girardi and Zooks aren't true FA's, they were undrafted signings that should be treated as homegrown players. I won't make that argument for Hayes, Vesey or even Haggerty since they were all previously drafted.

I'll grant you that it's more exciting/satisfying seeing players develop within your own organization and I think the Rangers have done pretty well here given their lack of 1st's.

haohmaru is offline  
Old
11-06-2016, 03:04 PM
  #85
Made Dan
Registered User
 
Made Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 14,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisKreider20 View Post
I think the key is that the draft + sign UFA prospects strategy is really working and has nullified the effect of us trading our draft picks away. It would be nice to have some draft picks though.
Probably saved the franchise but can't be counted on going forward. Obviously not every top UFA will choose us, but I'm almost more concerned that the well will dry up in terms of quality prospects riding out the 4 years on campus.

Side note/wrong thread: any unsigned prospects of note in this situation that warrant keeping an eye on?

Made Dan is offline  
Old
11-06-2016, 08:39 PM
  #86
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 28,693
vCash: 500
Awards:
Congrats to the kid. That was a beauty.

Also, he seems to be communicating well with his teammates. Seems like he's picking up the language at a good clip. That will only help.

nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
11-06-2016, 09:07 PM
  #87
Khelvan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Oakland, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,692
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
For some reason his smile reminds me of this:

Khelvan is offline  
Old
11-06-2016, 09:27 PM
  #88
Hunter Gathers
Love the Bomb
 
Hunter Gathers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ/NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 104,012
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan View Post
For some reason his smile reminds me of this:
The Rangers are not rebel scum. We are very clearly the Empire. Please.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
My MS Excel crashed so I couldn't watch the game. - ReggieDunlop68
Hunter Gathers is online now  
Old
11-06-2016, 09:37 PM
  #89
Irishguy42
Registered User
 
Irishguy42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bayside
Country: United States
Posts: 12,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Gathers View Post
The Rangers are not rebel scum. We are very clearly the Empire. Please.


Loffen has some GOAT videos

Irishguy42 is online now  
Old
11-06-2016, 10:56 PM
  #90
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,629
vCash: 500
That last shift was hilarious

haveandare is offline  
Old
11-06-2016, 11:45 PM
  #91
FLYLine27*
BUCH
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 42,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
That last shift was hilarious
Haha it really was...and seeing Miller rag on him about it made it that much better

FLYLine27* is offline  
Old
11-06-2016, 11:47 PM
  #92
haveandare
Registered User
 
haveandare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine27 View Post
Haha it really was...and seeing Miller rag on him about it made it that much better
Haha everyone on the bench was cracking up. Fun times.

haveandare is offline  
Old
11-07-2016, 12:06 AM
  #93
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather 4 Ever
 
Glen Sathers Cigar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 7,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
I'm fine with Buch on the 4th line because playing with Brandon Pirri and Jesper Fast (actual, good NHL'ers) is much preferred to playing with garbage like Glass, Paille, and Stoll.
Plus AV distributes the ice time at 5v5 very evenly, Buch is also getting PP time and also AV has shown that if another line isn't working he's willing to sit them and roll Buch's line out there.

It's probably best not to think about it as a 4th line. It's not used the way a typical 4th line as we think of it is (heavy D starts and tough assignments with grinders and tough guys).

We just have 12 skilled and effective forwards and there are 4 different lines.

Glen Sathers Cigar is online now  
Old
11-07-2016, 04:36 AM
  #94
Open Mind
Registered User
 
Open Mind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Country: United States
Posts: 488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Sathers Cigar View Post
Plus AV distributes the ice time at 5v5 very evenly, Buch is also getting PP time and also AV has shown that if another line isn't working he's willing to sit them and roll Buch's line out there.

It's probably best not to think about it as a 4th line. It's not used the way a typical 4th line as we think of it is (heavy D starts and tough assignments with grinders and tough guys).

We just have 12 skilled and effective forwards and there are 4 different lines.
Spot on. Can't complain about his use or his ice time. He's getting about the same amount of ice time as Miller and Vesey, and the team is winning and getting contributions all over the lineup.

Open Mind is offline  
Old
11-07-2016, 06:37 AM
  #95
Ola
Registered User
 
Ola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 22,867
vCash: 500
PB- Just lean back and enjoy!

Take my word for it, when it comes to an European, especially Russian, kid coming over -- the way it have played out for Buchnevich this early is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than so many common scenarios.

If I were to grade how Buchnevich have adopted to the NA game and we have adopted to him, I would give it like a 8 or 9 on a scale of 10. Kuznetsov would get like a 3 and Kucherov would get a 4 maybe. Most gets 1s and 2s.

Saying that this is better than my wildest dream is maybe to over-do-it. But, its definitely better than my reasonable best-case-scenario this summer. And that was -- not -- because I underrated Buchnevich, it was because I have seen so many players especially from Russia just face so many hurdles to adopt to the NA game. Both by not getting it done themselves, but also by not being developed properly by management.


Last edited by Ola: 11-07-2016 at 06:59 AM.
Ola is online now  
Old
11-07-2016, 07:01 AM
  #96
Irishguy42
Registered User
 
Irishguy42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bayside
Country: United States
Posts: 12,336
vCash: 500
Buchnevich looks like he's getting more comfortable out there. Great news for the Rangers. Still seems to hesitate a bit, which is to be expected. He also seems to be communicating more with the team. That will just help him even more.

Buff gave him a nice warm welcome to the NHL twice last night

Irishguy42 is online now  
Old
11-07-2016, 12:25 PM
  #97
Igor Shestyorkin
The Circle
 
Igor Shestyorkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Point Place, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 9,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishguy42 View Post


Loffen has some GOAT videos
Love how Brass just comes in right after and goes to pick it up.

Igor Shestyorkin is offline  
Old
11-07-2016, 12:27 PM
  #98
Igor Shestyorkin
The Circle
 
Igor Shestyorkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Point Place, WI
Country: United States
Posts: 9,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishguy42 View Post
Buchnevich looks like he's getting more comfortable out there. Great news for the Rangers. Still seems to hesitate a bit, which is to be expected. He also seems to be communicating more with the team. That will just help him even more.

Buff gave him a nice warm welcome to the NHL twice last night
And Buch gave Burmistrov a bad case of dangleitis.

Igor Shestyorkin is offline  
Old
11-07-2016, 01:05 PM
  #99
Pavel Buchnevich
AV AND GORTON OUT
 
Pavel Buchnevich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 22,052
vCash: 500
His English is pretty good. I think he's probably only been here like 4 months, and while he was using broken English, he was able to understand most questions and give understandable answers.

Pavel Buchnevich is offline  
Old
11-07-2016, 01:48 PM
  #100
NYR89
Registered User
 
NYR89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,670
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
That last shift was hilarious
Was there a specific reason why he was out so long? Saw the highlight on NHL Network, but didn't catch what they were talking about

NYR89 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.