Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Love for Lowry

Old
11-14-2016, 10:04 PM
ruffus23

vCash: 500
I ended up sitting next to lowry grandma at game in Vancouver 2 years ago. Nice family.

Made some comment about late hit on someone. She was not happy.

ruffus23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2016, 10:51 PM
GrandChelems

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffus23 View Post
I ended up sitting next to lowry grandma at game in Vancouver 2 years ago. Nice family.

Are you a caveman?

Me sit next to person make comment on internet me happy now.

GrandChelems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2016, 11:32 PM
ruffus23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
Are you a caveman?

Me sit next to person make comment on internet me happy now.
The joys of a phone and apparently a troglodite

Got rid of my computer 2 years ago and endlish has sufcered ever since.

ruffus23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2016, 11:53 PM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 576
Quote:
The joys of a phone and apparently a troglodite

Got rid of my computer 2 years ago and endlish has sufcered ever since.
You must have bought yourself a Grindphone. They are known for 'eccentric behaviour'.

Mortimer Snerd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2016, 12:24 AM
Thai jet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 View Post
I liked Mathais .... Lowry......Armia. They were getting it done, until 2/3 rds of the line got hurt.

Me too. There is a tempo to their play together that works for Lowry.
I suspect the experiment of having him with Burmi & Stafford as a shutdown line kind of messed him up and he never recovered all last season.

Thai jet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2016, 06:48 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai jet View Post
Me too. There is a tempo to their play together that works for Lowry.
I suspect the experiment of having him with Burmi & Stafford as a shutdown line kind of messed him up and he never recovered all last season.
How fragile to you think NHL players are? And does someone always need to be blamed? These guys spend their whole careers moving between roles and with different linemates. Lowry is having a real nice bounce back season I'd lay it more on his gradual development of a player who is able to take on more difficult roles with growing maturity and experience.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2016, 04:42 PM
voyageur
The watchful one

Big Adam Lowry fan. Last year was linemates. This year Maurice found the right fit. He's an important player, and nostalgically an original from year 1.

voyageur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2016, 10:41 AM
DiggerD

Quote:

Yes, they are a nice family.

DiggerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2017, 11:55 AM
Dayofthedogs

Bumping the thread.

Was at the game last night. First thing I see when I walk in (sitting in the bud seats in the jets end) is a incredible back check on the PK about 3 minutes into the game on a Calgary stretch pass for what I thought was a breakaway. This was right after Wheels missed the net and Troubadour was caught deep pulling a Buff on the PK.

I was sure it was Wheeler as I couldn't see the numbers and just got in the rink. To my surprise I caught the players and it was Lowry. What the actual #$*&? I never thought Lowry was quick. Ive always had a real soft spot for him but never really thought he would develop quickness with his feet.

He did it again later in the game too. Caught a flame from behind that is.

Granted he isn't going to be an offensive superstar, he is developing parts of his game I didn't think he could. He wasn't great away from Armia and Matthias this year but then again I'm not sure I expect him to Excell with Copp and Tanev on his wings either.

He's an interesting player. His linemates really affect his play but he also seems to provide a much greater positive impact when he has the right wingers.

Armia, Lowry and Dano might force the jets into protecting 7F 3D.... at this point I don't want to loose Matthias either. Myers needs to get into some games here so we can find a nice little trade to give us a young, exempt LHD.

Dayofthedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2017, 12:53 PM
Robinson2187
Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayofthedogs View Post
Bumping the thread.

Was at the game last night. First thing I see when I walk in (sitting in the bud seats in the jets end) is a incredible back check on the PK about 3 minutes into the game on a Calgary stretch pass for what I thought was a breakaway. This was right after Wheels missed the net and Troubadour was caught deep pulling a Buff on the PK.

I was sure it was Wheeler as I couldn't see the numbers and just got in the rink. To my surprise I caught the players and it was Lowry. What the actual #$*&? I never thought Lowry was quick. Ive always had a real soft spot for him but never really thought he would develop quickness with his feet.

Granted he isn't going to be an offensive superstar, he is developing parts of his game I didn't think he could. He wasn't great away from Armia and Matthias this year but then again I'm not sure I expect him to Excell with Copp and Tanev on his wings either.

He's an interesting player. His linemates really affect his play but he also seems to provide a much greater positive impact when he has the right wingers.

Armia, Lowry and Dano might force the jets into protecting 7F 3D.... at this point I don't want to loose Matthias either. Myers needs to get into some games here so we can find a nice little trade to give us a young, exempt LHD.

Completely agree. I don't get too see all the games but in the ones I have, I've been impressed with Lowry this year. I would certainly be protecting him and Armia over Copp and Dano.

Robinson2187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2017, 01:03 PM
Male75FromFinland

I always think of players or lines that could be in future stanley cup winning Jets. I believe Jets have Ehlers - Scheifele - Laine line which could be number one line in that team and Matthias - Lowry - Armia could be 3rd line of Jets stanley cup winning team.

Adam Lowry is developing for super 3rd line center

Male75FromFinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2017, 01:10 PM
portamoral

Quote:
Bumping the thread.

was also at the game on the same side and that was literally the first and biggest thing i noticed about the game in general. lowry was flying

he's actually a really nice skater too. good to see he obviously tried improving his quickness after a down year.

portamoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2017, 01:27 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by portamoral View Post
was also at the game on the same side and that was literally the first and biggest thing i noticed about the game in general. lowry was flying

he's actually a really nice skater too. good to see he obviously tried improving his quickness after a down year.
The improvement in Lowry's skating / speed has been noticeable since his arrival with the Jets.

He always had a nice skill-set, as evidenced by his award for best player in the WHL. He is responsible defensively, strong and aggressive, and seems to be a very good teammate. I've also noticed that he doesn't take a lot of minor stick penalties, despite playing an aggressive game. I think he's a keeper.

Whileee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2017, 01:45 PM
Jetfaninflorida
Southernmost Jet Fan

Lowry has been really good for us this year.

Jetfaninflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2017, 01:55 PM
CaptainChef

Quote:
Bumping the thread.

Armia & Lowry alone may well force them into a 7:3:1. If they keep playing the way they are, Jets will really have no choice. That allows them to also protect Perrault (I guess) and one of Dano/Copp -- assume it would be Dano but rest of season will determine that.

Looks like Myers should be the odd man out right now. Too oft injured & spotty play occasionally. Being a RHD, he would be able to command a pretty good piece or two in trade (just hope they focus on D prospects and D prospects only).

CaptainChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2017, 02:25 PM
portamoral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
The improvement in Lowry's skating / speed has been noticeable since his arrival with the Jets.

He always had a nice skill-set, as evidenced by his award for best player in the WHL. He is responsible defensively, strong and aggressive, and seems to be a very good teammate. I've also noticed that he doesn't take a lot of minor stick penalties, despite playing an aggressive game. I think he's a keeper.
all very true. he is an exceptional 4th line C at the very minimum if he plays like this. he seems to just keep getting better though which is enough to warrant keeping him around. lowsy is good people.

portamoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2017, 04:06 PM
ps241
Playoff push 2017

vCash: 50
Quote:
Bumping the thread.

So funny you would mention that I had the exact same reaction to that play. I am also really surprised at how far his skating has come along this year. That line had a really tough assignment last night but they are a treat to watch for me.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2017, 04:36 PM
jetsforever

I used to like him quite a bit but his usage was annoying me this year. He's starting to play better again though.

jetsforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2017, 04:52 PM
DiggerD

The truth is Lowry didn't struggle without Armia as much as people have said here. In fact the first 4 games after Armia's injury, Lowry had a Corsi rel60 in the top 5 of the Jets skaters. The first two he led the team. For the first month after the breakup of MLA, comments were being thrown out how Lowry was making the players around him better. Other than a two week period around Christmas, he remained a strength. Now that MLA is back together, they have been a consistently good line.
he is 23, and is working hard to grow his game.

DiggerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2017, 06:49 PM
Jet
Buff Basher

Really funny watching the Jets and Flames face off with Lowry and Tkachuk but the players swapped from the 90's

I think Lowry, besides a bit of a slow patch, has been back to the old Lowry we knew and loved from 2 years ago. He seems to be improving every game too. Glad to have him back!

01-10-2017, 06:50 PM
Jet
Buff Basher

Quote:
Bumping the thread.

It was so weird seeing Trouba do this last night. It really stood out to me as totally against his style. He's usually so smart and responsible but that pinch was so awkward and weird

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2017, 06:56 PM

If Lowry can master the Wheeler, watch out. That's the rush down the left wing cut across the net and score.

51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2017, 06:58 PM
lablite47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainChef View Post
Armia & Lowry alone may well force them into a 7:3:1. If they keep playing the way they are, Jets will really have no choice. That allows them to also protect Perrault (I guess) and one of Dano/Copp -- assume it would be Dano but rest of season will determine that.

Looks like Myers should be the odd man out right now. Too oft injured & spotty play occasionally. Being a RHD, he would be able to command a pretty good piece or two in trade (just hope they focus on D prospects and D prospects only).
My sentiments exactly. Either trade Myers, or Trouba if he isn't willing to sign long term, for a highly touted draft exempt D prospect. It would be silly to lose any of Armia, Dano, Copp, or MP at this point of our build, especially if Trouba has not signed long term by the draft.

lablite47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2017, 07:32 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
It was so weird seeing Trouba do this last night. It really stood out to me as totally against his style. He's usually so smart and responsible but that pinch was so awkward and weird
That was completely on Wheeler. Trouba made the right decision joining as the trailer on a 3-on-1. Wheeler made the worst possible play - a shot high and wide that caught three Jets on a SH situation. If you don't make a pass, you better get the shot on net.

Last edited by Whileee: 01-10-2017 at 08:02 PM.
Whileee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2017, 07:58 PM
sipowicz
The Original

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetfaninflorida View Post
Lowry has been really good for us this year.

Remember when some of the uninformed thought Copp was better!

Lowry may be living up to his potential, plays like one of the few Jets who cares night in and night out, quickness has improved and not afraid to hit.

Lowry has solidified his hold on 3C while Copp looks more and more like he will be a future 3C for the Moose.

sipowicz is offline   Reply With Quote