HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blue Jay/MLB regular season thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-12-2017, 07:18 PM
  #476
shoop
Registered User
 
shoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,024
vCash: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboomercat90 View Post
They sure did well at the trade deadline last year. I'll be curious to see if Atkins will have the guts to pull off some similar moves for the Jays at the deadline this year.
Depends which way the Jays play until the TDL.

May was great. June has been pretty meh. .500 so far. 10-6 the rest of the month would help the Jays get back into the chase.

shoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 12:57 PM
  #477
rboomercat90
Registered User
 
rboomercat90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 5,573
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoop View Post
Depends which way the Jays play until the TDL.

May was great. June has been pretty meh. .500 so far. 10-6 the rest of the month would help the Jays get back into the chase.
My guess is they'll be close at the deadline but still be behind 3 or 4 teams in the wild card hunt. Kind of like where the Yankees were last year. So many teams in the American League are hanging around .500 this year. Not impossible to get there but it will be difficult to catch everyone. If they are that close but still behind multiple teams it'll take some guts to sell some veterans off. It'll be interesting to see if Atkins has those stones or not. The thing that might make it worth it is more teams in the race should mean better deals for those pieces.

rboomercat90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 06:19 PM
  #478
Stoneman89
Registered User
 
Stoneman89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rboomercat90 View Post
My guess is they'll be close at the deadline but still be behind 3 or 4 teams in the wild card hunt. Kind of like where the Yankees were last year. So many teams in the American League are hanging around .500 this year. Not impossible to get there but it will be difficult to catch everyone. If they are that close but still behind multiple teams it'll take some guts to sell some veterans off. It'll be interesting to see if Atkins has those stones or not. The thing that might make it worth it is more teams in the race should mean better deals for those pieces.
The Yankees moved 2 premier pieces last year, in Chapman and Miller, and took back a nice haul. Clint Frazier and Gleybar Torres to name a couple that are banging on the door of an already crowded and talented core up in the bigs.

Not sure who the Jays have that can match those outgoing stars, unless they dip into their starting pitching core.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-13-2017, 11:56 PM
  #479
McOkMcgoMcoil
Registered User
 
McOkMcgoMcoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 14,321
vCash: 500
The jays are still in it. Really played great considering injuries, you will see another run at the playoffs. I just want to see us nab a big name FA.

What I really question these days is Tulo, I know is defence is great, but man, for 20 mill he needs to bring a lot more.

McOkMcgoMcoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 12:01 AM
  #480
McOkMcgoMcoil
Registered User
 
McOkMcgoMcoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 14,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneman89 View Post
The Yankees moved 2 premier pieces last year, in Chapman and Miller, and took back a nice haul. Clint Frazier and Gleybar Torres to name a couple that are banging on the door of an already crowded and talented core up in the bigs.

Not sure who the Jays have that can match those outgoing stars, unless they dip into their starting pitching core.
Well, if they are our of it, they can trade Donaldson. No bigger piece than that. You would get a ton in return, but no way they trade him. Jose might get some interest. Estrada, Happ. If they were going to make some deadline deals they have some pieces that would get a good return.

McOkMcgoMcoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-14-2017, 10:34 AM
  #481
Stoneman89
Registered User
 
Stoneman89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McOkMcgoMcoil View Post
Well, if they are our of it, they can trade Donaldson. No bigger piece than that. You would get a ton in return, but no way they trade him. Jose might get some interest. Estrada, Happ. If they were going to make some deadline deals they have some pieces that would get a good return.
No way they're moving Donaldson. Jose isn't going to get a lot back now, due to his age and declining skills. I think Happ is the guy that gets moved if they are out of it.

Stoneman89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.