HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Make your offer for Huet or Dannis

Closed Thread

Old
01-19-2006, 10:32 AM
NoKtUrN

vCash: 500
Make your offer for Huet or Dannis

Preferably a puck moving defense. Just want to know if it's worth it to trade eighter one and what you guys think they are worth.

Old
01-19-2006, 11:11 AM
rudethedude66

what the he** are u waisting ur time for?2 bakups?u wouldnt get a 5th liner

Old
01-19-2006, 11:11 AM
Twist and Shout

Alexander Khavanov for Huet.

Old
01-19-2006, 11:13 AM
Methot Man
The Rhythm Methot

I wouldn't hold your breath.

Old
01-19-2006, 11:21 AM
NoKtUrN

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudethedude66
what the he** are u waisting ur time for?2 bakups?u wouldnt get a 5th liner
That's good cause I'm not looking for a 5th liner , Huet is a really good backup and was performing better than Theo since he came back from his injury. He only costs 450000$ a year and is certainly better than Auld or any Oilers goalies. I'm not saying I'm waiting for 1st line material for him or Dannis, just asking what you guys think they are worth.

What the hell are you wasting your time for? If you don't like what you read just ignore it.

By the way 400 quality posts.

Old
01-19-2006, 11:31 AM
Dr.Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKtUrN
That's good cause I'm not looking for a 5th liner , Huet is a really good backup and was performing better than Theo since he came back from his injury. He only costs 450000$ a year and is certainly better than Auld or any Oilers goalies. I'm not saying I'm waiting for 1st line material for him or Dannis, just asking what you guys think they are worth.

What the hell are you wasting your time for? If you don't like what you read just ignore it.

Old
01-19-2006, 11:36 AM
illogic

Quote:

That's gold, Jerry, gold!!

Old
01-19-2006, 11:38 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Alexander Karpotsev AND the trusty old Bag of Pucks.

Old
01-19-2006, 01:09 PM
NoKtUrN

Quote:
Originally Posted by illogic

That's gold, Jerry, gold!!

I don't understand what's so funny, People are asking for Torres + for Raycroft, which is absurd considering his injuries this year and pitiful performances. I'm not saying Huet or Dannis could get us that kind of return at all, just asking what your team would offer for them. Don't get me started on Auld cause he is IMO worse than pretty much every single backup goalie in the NHL and if Vancouver would be stuck with him as a backup to Cloutier(if he's even ready for the playoffs), I don't even think they would make it to the second round. Not saying Huet is an anwser for Vancouver, just saying he's a better option than Auld.

Old
01-19-2006, 01:13 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
He only costs 450000$ a year and is certainly better than Auld or any Oilers goalies.
How is Huet "certainly better than Auld"? I'd like to see your explanation on that one.

Old
01-19-2006, 01:16 PM
illogic

Quote:
I don't understand what's so funny, People are asking for Torres + for Raycroft, which is absurd considering his injuries this year and pitiful performances. I'm not saying Huet or Dannis could get us that kind of return at all, just asking what your team would offer for them. Don't get me started on Auld cause he is IMO worse than pretty much every single backup goalie in the NHL and if Vancouver would be stuck with him as a backup to Cloutier(if he's even ready for the playoffs), I don't even think they would make it to the second round. Not saying Huet is an anwser for Vancouver, just saying he's a better option than Auld.
You can't be serious. Worse than every single backup goalie in the NHL??? What are you basing that one?? He's won 5 of the last 6 games and has better numbers than Martin Biron.

Old
01-19-2006, 01:18 PM
Habs Man

I don't really understand why you want o move either of these guys, and what you think you could get that would beneficial to Montreal for them?

Dannis probably woould have the most value IMO, but he's still a few years away from #1 status, and we're not going to get an impact player for him right away...

Old
01-19-2006, 01:21 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
Quote:
Goalies can routinely go on hot or cold streaks. Maybe he's been good so far this season, but you're not going to convince anyone that a guy thats played in only 6 games this year is better than a rookie who's been the starter and played 38 games for a team tied for its division lead.

Old
01-19-2006, 01:26 PM
RC51

Huet and Danis are two of the best backup goalies in the league.
With secret weapon status.
I would love to get my hands of either one.

Just what are you looking for ? for either.

Would 2 second round picks be enough?
or a D and a first rounder?

Old
01-19-2006, 01:48 PM
NoKtUrN

Quote:
Originally Posted by illogic
You can't be serious. Worse than every single backup goalie in the NHL??? What are you basing that one?? He's won 5 of the last 6 games and has better numbers than Martin Biron.

Every single goal (or almost) I've seen on him, he was out of his net, does not have any technique at all. Theodore was winning at the beggining or the season and was playing really poorly, that does not mean anything. He might have been hot a couple of games but he lets in so many awful goals, just seems like he does not have the concentration to be a number one goalie. I probably exagerated when I said worse than any backup, but he ain't better than alot of backup goalies. He probably played some nice games but what I saw from him is really not cutting it. I'm sure Martin Biron does not let in as much bad goals as him. At least 2 out of 3 goals I saw go in on him, any backup could have stopped it. I'm not a Vancouver fan but I really think that these guys have a good shot at the cup this year, of course it's not Cloutier or Auld that will bring them there, but if a trade is made for a #1 goalie then they have a good shot at it.

Huet's last 2 games were extra-ordinary and alot of Habs fans say he still deserves to play. If Julien would not have been fired, he would still be in the net. Like I said before, not saying Huet is the awnser for Vancouver, just take the question the other way then, what can be had for Auld? I just asked what could be had for Huet or Dannis and got 1 responsible anwser. The others were just attacks at me for asking a question. IMO the best thing that could come out of a Huet trade would be about a 3rd round draft pick, second round for a team in the top of the league at the trade deadline, I was just asking a question. Huet is a cheap, stable backup goalie and did well in Los Angeles the year before the lockout. Dannis was doing well at the start of the season as a backup to Theo when Huet was injured. Just wondering what could be a return for them and it's frustrating when people just anwser that you are just loosing your time when asking a question. Just ignore the question or anwser it. That's all.

Old
01-19-2006, 02:03 PM
NoKtUrN

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51
Huet and Danis are two of the best backup goalies in the league.
With secret weapon status.
I would love to get my hands of either one.

Just what are you looking for ? for either.

Would 2 second round picks be enough?
or a D and a first rounder?

I wasn't expecting that much. I think one second rounser would be enough but I'm wondering what D would you think they could bring into Montreal.

Old
01-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Aarex

Auld is a awesome Goal Tender with a great future

Auld > Huet

Honestly I like Danis more then Huet, i don't think i'd compare him with Auld yet. The thing that is most impressive with him is his composure and intelligence, always knows how to stay in position and never gets rattled.

Old
01-19-2006, 02:08 PM
OldTimeHockey

and in other news, i was wondering what you guys would give the Leafs for Lonny Bohonos.

Come on? Better than Auld? Off. Rocker. Definitely.

Old
01-19-2006, 02:09 PM
RC51

Quote:
I wasn't expecting that much. I think one second rounser would be enough but I'm wondering what D would you think they could bring into Montreal.
I understand MTL needs a D, I think either a 4-5 D current, but one that can move the puck, or a promising prospect D with a very good PP quarterback ability. I think that would do for both teams.
How about Lukas Krajicek

Last edited by RC51: 01-19-2006 at 02:30 PM.
Old
01-19-2006, 02:10 PM
illogic

Quote:
Just wondering what could be a return for them and it's frustrating when people just anwser that you are just loosing your time when asking a question. Just ignore the question or anwser it. That's all.
Thing is, you didn't just ask a question, you made a statement that by all accounts is wrong. Dannis is not "certainly better than Auld", not based on experience, stats, wins, or even the opinions of the people who responded to this thread.

BTW, Auld is a positional goalie so your claim that he has no technique is wrong as well.

Last edited by illogic: 01-19-2006 at 03:13 PM.
Old
01-19-2006, 02:12 PM
NoKtUrN

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandV
Goalies can routinely go on hot or cold streaks. Maybe he's been good so far this season, but you're not going to convince anyone that a guy thats played in only 6 games this year is better than a rookie who's been the starter and played 38 games for a team tied for its division lead.
Probably not and it was not my goal to convince anyone. I'm just asking a question and getting people saying I'm wasting my time asking them. I have the right to my opinion and IMO Auld is not a goalie I would like to have on my team. I saw the stats and they are impressive, but I still don't think this guy can bring a team to the second round of the playoffs. A Dan Cloutier Wannabe IMO.

Old
01-19-2006, 02:13 PM
rudethedude66

Quote:

so u want a quality d man that moves the puk well ...and ur offering danis or huet?

Old
01-19-2006, 02:42 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudethedude66
so u want a quality d man that moves the puk well ...and ur offering danis or huet?
whats wrong with you guys?? Auld IS better than Huet but Huet is not worthless and he could very well be the starting point to picking up a puck moving dman. whats so unbelievable?? Huet has shown some gamebreaker ability which could definetly interest some teams around the league. IMO montreal should not trade him because of Theo's inconsistent play but it isnt a sin to ask what hes worth.

Old
01-19-2006, 03:07 PM
MXD

Why moving a backup goalie for a D-Men who could be about as useful as, say, Mathieu Dandenault?

A more useful player with worth more than Huet.

UNLESS...well... Cujo(example) gets injured or something like that.

And (taking Phoenix as an example), what could Huet fetch? I don't think they would move either Ballard or Michalek as they are both very young guys, and Mara is worth much more (not withstanding contract status), and PLEASE, don't bring Derek Morris in Montreal. Denis Gauthier, without being a puck-coughing D-Men, isn't exactly a puck-moving D-Men. Which comes back to... Mara. And Montreal would really have to give something else falling between a mid-level prospect already in the AHL or even NHL OR a prospect D-Men (Korpi or O'Byrne, not Emelin please...)

Old
01-19-2006, 04:19 PM
OldTimeHockey

What everyone is saying is...Nobody is going to move a puck moving defenseman for a backup goalie. Heck if it was that easy teams would be shipping out their backups every week.
Noone is saying Huet or Dannis have no value. Just not enough value to get anything worthwhile in return right now. They could be part of a larger package but they won't be the corner piece of any deal.

Closed Thread