HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lineup update...

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2006, 12:41 PM

vCash: 500
Lineup update...

For those who are still fans of the Habs, here's some news for tonight's game...

Plekanec was recalled and will play tonight

Murray injured his shoulder and is in Montreal...

Source: CKAC

Old
01-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
For those who are still fans of the Habs, here's some news for tonight's game...

Pleks

Murray

Is it time to recall Lapierre or Lemieux????

Old
01-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
nice im still here, go plekanec... but honestly i dont think theres anything that can fix this broken team... BOBBY SANGUINETTI! here we come

Old
01-23-2006, 12:52 PM
Shabutie

If Bonk is on the 2nd line and Theo is the starting goalie, I will not be watching tonights game.

Old
01-23-2006, 12:53 PM
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Zednik
nice im still here, go plekanec... but honestly i dont think theres anything that can fix this broken team... BOBBY SANGUINETTI! here we come
Agree though with his last Prospect game he could seriously go Top 10 so we won't be able to........I guess we would.

Old
01-23-2006, 12:55 PM
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
If Bonk is on the 2nd line and Theo is the starting goalie, I will not be watching tonights game.
So no hockey for you tonight eh???

Old
01-23-2006, 12:58 PM
Ross MacLochness

And for the love of God if you're going to play Kostitsyn, do not play him with Sundstrom. Kostitsyn's job here is to score goals and I don't know how any human being not named Wayne Gretzky could be expected to generate more than 1 scoring chance a game playing with Niklas Sundstrom.

Hopefully Plekanec can play on that line tonight with Ribs on the left, or Kostitsyn can switch with Zednik on the second, because Zed just doesn't have it right now.

Old
01-23-2006, 01:00 PM
AH

So we lose one of the rare guys we have who plays with any intensity.....

Lovely.

Old
01-23-2006, 01:04 PM

Forgot to add that Chris Higgins is still iffy for tonight's game...

It'll be interesting to see how they work Plekanec into the lineup, especially with Ribeiro...one either sits or moves to the wing....

Old
01-23-2006, 01:06 PM
Artyukhin*

Quote:

ya murray went really shoulder first into the boards and was in alot of pain on the benchlooked like they were trying to pop his shoulder back into joint but it didnt look like they were having alot of succees getting it back in place real quick . might have ripped it up pretty good.

crappy to hear . get well soon murry

Old
01-23-2006, 01:07 PM
Canadian_Brewtality

im thinking of boycotting this game.

Montreal will be outclassed and outplayed tonight. Carolina is a no nonsense hard team. Especially after losing to Washington the other day.

Its gonna be another crapper.

Old
01-23-2006, 01:09 PM
Smelco

They should just pass the puck to Ryder. Hes the only one that can put it in

Old
01-23-2006, 01:09 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality
im thinking of boycotting this game.

Montreal will be outclassed and outplayed tonight. Carolina is a no nonsense hard team. Especially after losing to Washington the other day.

Its gonna be another crapper.
Carolina lost the other day against Washington?

Well, we're toast.

Get ready to watch some real heart and soul veterans step up for their team and show us who's boss.

Old
01-23-2006, 01:14 PM
JF

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
So we lose one of the rare guys we have who plays with any intensity.....

Lovely.
Well, it's logical. It's quite difficult to injure yourself when you're just coasting out there.

Old
01-23-2006, 01:16 PM
Capitano

Quote:

Good to see Pleks back...hopefully he can make an impact.

I'll be honest, I was shocked at saturday night's game. I really can't think of much to write after seeing that.

Cap

Old
01-23-2006, 01:21 PM
Renholder
Racing like a pro

I'm still a fan , will always be, but I'm realistic. Without an outsanding performance by our squad, we aren't winning this game.

Old
01-23-2006, 01:29 PM
Guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF
Well, it's logical. It's quite difficult to injure yourself when you're just coasting out there.
*laughs* I'm not convinced with that. True, when you play hard you put yourself in more situations where you could get hurt, BUT you are also always ready for those situations and your body therefore prepares itself. In my experience, injuries come almost as often when you aren't playing hard. I play soccer and quite honestly, the last time I didn't go hard I took a ball in the eye which popped my retina in two places and sent me for surgery. Nothing like almost losing your sight to tell you never to go soft again. LOL

Hey, there's an idea! Let's pop em all in the eye if they go soft. Maybe the message will get through!

I think that, while we will probably lose the game, it won't be a disaster like Vancouver. Look, the team isn't playing well, but all this knee-jerk reactionary crap saying that we're horrid and can't compete out there is just ridiculous. We've been in almost every game this year, and the boys do have SOME pride. I suggest there will be far more effort tonight, and that the first five minutes might see a few Carolina bodies hitting the ice.

Seriously, the AOOOOOOOOGAAAAAAAA ABANDON SHIP nonsense is laughable. We beat San Hosers and the Falling Stars, then run two straight losses and people are looking for Gainey's head, are ready to trade everyone out of Montreal, and are completely giving up on the team? Our best defender is out, for starters, and this team is still fragile, but we're still a fringe playoff team if we put it together.

I think this will be one of the most interesting games to watch. How will they react? What changes in the lineup will occur as Gainey lets it be known that he's frustrated with half-efforts.

Plex returning is sweet, for sure. If Higgs plays, that's a double bonus. Already that's an improvement for the team because it would mean that two guys who don't belong won't play. Murray being out is sad, but his 4-5 minutes won't really be badly missed.

Old
01-23-2006, 01:31 PM
Squeaky

Quote:
Forgot to add that Chris Higgins is still iffy for tonight's game...

It'll be interesting to see how they work Plekanec into the lineup, especially with Ribeiro...one either sits or moves to the wing....
In pleks first night back, after cutting short his conditioning stint, I bet he centers the 4th line. As much as many posters are praying for that particular controversy, I think they'll have to wait a bit for it to have a chance of developing.

Old
01-23-2006, 01:32 PM
jcrow

I would really like to see what Kostitsyn could do on the top line with Koivu and Kovalev. I've thought that for a while now with regards to both he nad Perezhogin. If not there, then a top 6 position with an offensive role. I've been really dissapointed with Zednik as of late - both his numbers and his effort.

Can Kostitsyn or Perezhogin (or both) not be give Zednik's spot for a game or two? I really think that the only way to develop guys like Kostitsyn or Perezhogin are to put them on the top 2 lines and 'let 'em go'. Look at Svatos, Vanek, Steen, etc... This is what you've drafted these kind of kids to do - let them do it. Certainly they cannot do any worse than Zednik has been doing. Let's give these kids a shot.

Old
01-23-2006, 01:32 PM
fatmax

Quote:

I hope it'll be Zednick that will be sitting out! This guys is really un-inspired

My Lines:
Kost-Koivu-Kolvalev (3k)
Ryder-Plek-Bulis
Ribeiro-Bonk-Sunstrom
Ferland-Begin-Higgins

I know my 3rd line suck big time but hey, we still have to put Sunstrom in the line up, even if he should be sitting in the press box also

Old
01-23-2006, 01:36 PM
JF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!
*laughs* I'm not convinced with that. True, when you play hard you put yourself in more situations where you could get hurt, BUT you are also always ready for those situations and your body therefore prepares itself. In my experience, injuries come almost as often when you aren't playing hard. I play soccer and quite honestly, the last time I didn't go hard I took a ball in the eye which popped my retina in two places and sent me for surgery. Nothing like almost losing your sight to tell you never to go soft again. LOL
I know, I was half-joking while saying that. It just seems that all of our hard(est) workers are getting injured (Koivu, Plekanec, Higgins, Murray, Markov), and coasters keep coasting healthily (hell, we all know who they are).

Old
01-23-2006, 01:41 PM
ryanghg

Yay Pleky!

Old
01-23-2006, 01:42 PM
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!
You want a prove that your theory is absolutely true.....

Hossa got injured in the Rangers VS Boston game....

Old
01-23-2006, 02:02 PM
oli500

Wouldent it be funny if the arrival of plek gets us on a winning streak. Hopefuly he brings this team another dimension. Hes going to make the 3 and 4 lines better. There are some players that brings alot to a team without noing it really. At the begining of the season when we were winning are 3 and fourth lines were contributing alot and pleks was a big part of that. Since hes been missing the back end lines seemed to have slowed down.

Old
01-23-2006, 02:04 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Good stuff,been waiting a while to see him back.Good news for the Habs,the bad news is that its Carolina,then Philly and then Ottawa!

Closed Thread