HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Johnny Utah is having convulsions as Habs claim Downey...

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2006, 02:47 PM
TubbyTerrion*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Johnny Utah is having convulsions as Habs claim Downey...

Citing the need for toughness, the Montreal Canadiens have plucked the fairly useless Aaron Downey off the waiver wire from the St. Lousy Blooz.

Do you think Dave Taylor went into a rage when the Canadiens plucked Downey prior to the Kings having the opportunity?

Old
01-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
Do you think Dave Taylor went into a rage when the Canadiens plucked Downey prior to the Kings having the opportunity?
He probably punched out a couple of interns. As for Downey, the guy can't find a city to stick with, moving from Dallas to St.Louis to Montreal.

Old
01-23-2006, 02:53 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
He probably punched out a couple of interns. As for Downey, the guy can't find a city to stick with, moving from Dallas to St.Louis to Montreal.
you forgot Boston and Chicago...

Old
01-23-2006, 02:59 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Oh I was just referring to this season alone. Looks like he'll be having a busy "tour" schedule similar to what Wade Brookbank went through in 03-04.

03-Jan-04
Claimed by the Vancouver Canucks off waivers from the Florida Panthers.
29-Dec-03
Ottawa Senators traded Wade Brookbank to the Florida Panthers for future considerations.
19-Dec-03
Claimed by the Ottawa Senators off waivers from the Vancouver Canucks.
17-Dec-03
Nashville Predators traded Wade Brookbank to the Vancouver Canucks for future considerations.
03-Oct-03
Claimed by the Nashville Predators from the Ottawa Senators in the NHL Waiver Draft.

That has to be a record for a number of times a single player has switched teams in a single season.

Old
01-24-2006, 03:53 AM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
Citing the need for toughness, the Montreal Canadiens have plucked the fairly useless Aaron Downey off the waiver wire from the St. Lousy Blooz.

Habs were really lacking and Downey can actually skate (he knocked Reed Low out of a job.) They don't even have a Jeff Cowan or Parros type only what, Garth Murray..?

Thanks Tubby for starting a thread and mentioning me...ha.

Old
01-24-2006, 09:54 AM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Looks like he'll be having a busy "tour" schedule similar to what Wade Brookbank went through in 03-04.
That has to be a record for a number of times a single player has switched teams in a single season.
Brookbank was in 4 organ-eye-zations, but he only played NHL games for Nashville and Vancouver (along with 3 AHL teams) in 03/04.

In the 1991/2 season, Dave McLlwain played for 4 different NHL teams in the same season (Winnipeg, Islanders, Toronto, and Buffalo)

Dennis O'Brien had a similar tour of NHL teams in the 1977/78 season playing games for Minnesota, Colorado, Cleveland, and Boston

Old
01-24-2006, 01:12 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
Habs were really lacking and Downey can actually skate (he knocked Reed Low out of a job.) They don't even have a Jeff Cowan or Parros type only what, Garth Murray..?

Thanks Tubby for starting a thread and mentioning me...ha.
I do it all in fun, as you are a good guy, though a little one-dimensional at times

Old
01-24-2006, 01:45 PM
Johnny Utah

Quote:
I do it all in fun, as you are a good guy, though a little one-dimensional at times

Hahaha, I am a one dimensional poster. If I posted about different things I might get more ice time...right..?

Old
01-24-2006, 05:05 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I'm fine with George Parros as our everyday enforcer, but I still think we need a guy in Manchester. Lots of **** goes down in the minors that doesnt take place in the NHL.

Closed Thread