HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

grebeshkov

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2003, 04:12 AM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

vCash: 500
grebeshkov

why is he down in manchester?? he's obviously better tehn zizka, heck, he's easily better tehn strbak and gleason. wats going on???

is his injury still not fully healed??? if not, than why did he play 6 games already? we could use him up here right now!!!

Old
10-22-2003, 04:22 AM
BINGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur
why is he down in manchester?? he's obviously better tehn zizka, heck, he's easily better tehn strbak and gleason. wats going on???

is his injury still not fully healed??? if not, than why did he play 6 games already? we could use him up here right now!!!

I think that grebes is in Manchester to adapt to the NA style of play. He has looked timid at times and as not yet showed ant offensive spark.

As far as being better than the likes of Gleason or Strbak, time will tell. Grebes is in Manchester for more reasons than a nagging injury.

Old
10-22-2003, 05:27 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur

I've read he isn't "spectacular" yet in manchester, so it's useless at this point. Like Bingo said, just let him adapt to the NA style of play, perhaps he would lose his confidence in the NHL with one or two bad game(s).

Old
10-22-2003, 05:36 AM
mysteryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3
I've read he isn't "spectacular" yet in manchester, so it's useless at this point. Like Bingo said, just let him adapt to the NA style of play, perhaps he would lose his confidence in the NHL with one or two bad game(s).
Grebeshkov will never be "spectacular." What he will be is a solid Dman who does everything well...not flashy or jawdropping-just solid from top to bottom. If I was a betting man id wager he'll be with the big club at some point this season...hopefully the second half. Even if he doesnt see one game....loads of Ice Time in Manchester will do him well.

Old
10-22-2003, 06:49 AM
KingsFan78

vCash:
The Kings have enough young players playing at the same time for now. Let things settle down first before the Kings bring up another one.

He missed all of training camp. He just turned 20. He'll get his time with the Kings, don't worry about that. Right now, the Kings defense is averaging 1 goal and 2 assists per game. They're somewhat up and down defensively, but I don't see how inserting another 20 year old will help that, no matter how good that 20 year old might be in his own zone. I'd rather see Norstrom and Miller come back before I see Grebeshkov just because he's probably their top prospect and I'd like to see him play with the Kings. He'll have plenty of years to do that.

Old
10-22-2003, 08:09 AM
IGM

Grebs will be a top 2 pairing guy within the next two to three years. He is the real deal. I have seen one of his games in Man and he shows moments of being the best player on the ice by far and then at other times he looks like he is holding back. I would bet that by the All Star game we will get a chance to see him here. When you get Miller and Matty back we will have some choices to make on D.

Matty Miller
Corvo Modry
Vis Gleason
Starbucks Holland
Grebs Zizka
Kuz etc.

We have several solid young and Vet D so there is no real rush to bring Grebs up and with his star potential I would make his transition a nice and easy one. It is allot better than the throw them into the fire and see if they melt practice that is happening now. Thank god that Gleason has stepped up to the challenge and that Corvo has proven that he belongs here too. I mean, Starbuck had a great game last night but I have seen him not play as well as Zizka has too. Matty should be back by this weekend and Miller next week. IF that happens then we will be in very good shape for the rest of the homestand and the next roady.

Old
10-22-2003, 08:25 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryman
Grebeshkov will never be "spectacular." What he will be is a solid Dman who does everything well...not flashy or jawdropping-just solid from top to bottom. If I was a betting man id wager he'll be with the big club at some point this season...hopefully the second half. Even if he doesnt see one game....loads of Ice Time in Manchester will do him well.
And what's your definition about solid, a White/Johnsson/Carney type ?
No, like things look now he will not become an offensive thread (that's why I wrote spectacular between brackets) but I do hope he will be more than solid. "Experts" are pretty sold with him, so are the Kings.

Old
10-22-2003, 08:39 AM
zeppelin97

I haven't seen grebs play in manchester but he does have the lowest +/- on the team with a -3. Doesn't necessarily mean he's playing bad, but for the most definately means he's not playing great.

Closed Thread