HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Need some help planning my trip

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2006, 04:57 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

vCash: 500
Need some help planning my trip

I'm still trying to plan a trip to go to Nashville in April for a few days (if I can afford it). As such right now i'm trying to find a decent hotel. So far i've mostly just been using sites like Orbitz to find hotels, problem is most of the hotels i've found through Orbitz the user ratings of the hotels aren't very good, like 2 out of 5 and most the reviews say a lot of the hotels aren't in good shape or are in bad neighborhoods or such.

One I found that is about in my price range and seems ok is called Guesthouse Inn and Suites does anyone know anything about this hotel? It seems really centrally located (not that it matters too much since i'll be renting a car).

Also if anyone has any advice for hotels that I should check out I would really appreciate it.

Old
01-14-2006, 05:08 PM
braindead

The location is fine but I don't know anything about the hotel. Two thoughts: try something in the Maryland Farms area (Brentwood, south of town, with a decent number of places for business travelers) or try the Hilton next to the GEC on a cheap priceline bid.

Old
01-14-2006, 07:21 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead
The location is fine but I don't know anything about the hotel. Two thoughts: try something in the Maryland Farms area (Brentwood, south of town, with a decent number of places for business travelers) or try the Hilton next to the GEC on a cheap priceline bid.

If he's not driving\renting a car, Maryland Farms is way too far away.

Old
01-14-2006, 07:24 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Not to mention, he'd have to deal with figuring out how to get downtown(which can be tricky if you don't know the area, with the way 65N, 40W and 440 all swerve in and out of each other in that area) in addition to having to find parking downtown. I think his best bet is probably that Hilton next to the GEC. It might be a little more pricey of an option, but it's a nice place, it's convenient walking distance to not only the GEC but all the major downtown attractions...so he could BS around the downtown area during the day, see the sites, buy a cowboy hat and a "I <3 G.R.I.T.S." t-shirt..and then stroll to the game at night.

Old
01-15-2006, 02:18 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
Not to mention, he'd have to deal with figuring out how to get downtown(which can be tricky if you don't know the area, with the way 65N, 40W and 440 all swerve in and out of each other in that area) in addition to having to find parking downtown. I think his best bet is probably that Hilton next to the GEC. It might be a little more pricey of an option, but it's a nice place, it's convenient walking distance to not only the GEC but all the major downtown attractions...so he could BS around the downtown area during the day, see the sites, buy a cowboy hat and a "I <3 G.R.I.T.S." t-shirt..and then stroll to the game at night.
I started to think about this and I think that's a better idea. It would cost close to 200 to rent a car for how long i'll be there, plus like 300 or so for that hotel... maybe it'd just be better that I stay in a hotel that is really close to the GEC and that way I'm in the center of everything and can just walk or take bus or such to see places.

Old
01-15-2006, 02:26 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
I started to think about this and I think that's a better idea. It would cost close to 200 to rent a car for how long i'll be there, plus like 300 or so for that hotel... maybe it'd just be better that I stay in a hotel that is really close to the GEC and that way I'm in the center of everything and can just walk or take bus or such to see places.

Everything you could really want to see(except maybe Vanderbilt\Centennial Park-the Parthenon) is pretty much in walking distance. Hell, even Vandy\CP are walking distance, if you're up for a hike. I had an apartment that looked out on the park, and more than once I walked all the way downtown, since I had no car at the time.

Old
01-15-2006, 03:16 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
Everything you could really want to see(except maybe Vanderbilt\Centennial Park-the Parthenon) is pretty much in walking distance. Hell, even Vandy\CP are walking distance, if you're up for a hike. I had an apartment that looked out on the park, and more than once I walked all the way downtown, since I had no car at the time.
I really want to check out Vanderbilt since lately i've been thinking about grad school and just would like to check out a few campuses, and i've always heard that Vanderbilt is not only an amazing school but the campus is great too.

I checked out that Hilton you guys were talking about and while it is a little expensive, I think I may just go ahead and do it (especially since I could just get drunk after the games and walk back to my hotel room )

Old
01-15-2006, 08:59 AM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
(especially since I could just get drunk after the games and walk back to my hotel room )
This ofcourse is the best reason to spend more money on the hotel.

Old
01-15-2006, 12:24 PM
braindead

In that case you may also want to check the Sheraton (also next door, not quite as nice), DoubleTree (3-4 blocks, not quite as nice) that may be cheaper. Also there is one two blocks away on the corner of Church and 4th that I can never remember--Embassy Suites maybe? All of those are fine and if you are braving the bus system to Vandy, you catch them at the DoubleTree (Deaderick between 4th and 5th).

Old
01-15-2006, 12:37 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
I might also check the Union Station Hotel just up from the GEC on broadway. It's a very nice and historic hotel.

Old
01-15-2006, 10:34 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

I'll be sure to check out all those hotels, the Hilton is a bit expensive and if I can still stay downtown for a bit cheaper that would be nice.

Old
01-26-2006, 03:44 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
I might also check the Union Station Hotel just up from the GEC on broadway. It's a very nice and historic hotel.
So far of all the hotels i've checked out downtown that seems to be the best and actually least expensive. I read some reviews about it though and lots of people say you don't want to be on one side that has train tracks, i'm wondering though how I can book it online and request not to be on the train track side.

Old
01-26-2006, 11:59 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Alright, sorry to say that I'm changing my plans. With my upcoming wedding and still paying off school and what not, this really isn't affordable for me to do.

Don't fret though: I will still get to see the Predators play. How you ask?

March 25th: Nashville Predators at Los Angeles Kings. My oldest bro lives in Santa Monica and I could just crash at his place. I've got a friend who also lives in LA that could get me great seats at the Staples Center. Granted i'll only be able to see one game instead of two, but it's a lot more affordable to me. And while I wish I could see the Predators play at home, I have seen a hockey game at Staples before and it was a blast. And wearing my Vokoun jersey there will be a real treat

So in the end, I'm sorry guys. I was looking forward to possibly meeting several of you at the games or whatnot, but it's just hard for me to do since the expense is so high to me.

Closed Thread