HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Igor Shestyorkin Part I

Old
11-16-2016, 12:34 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
I'm looking at the roster of Dinamo Riga, the worst team in KHL's Western Conference where SKA plays.

Justin Shugg was a good AHLer who even got called up for a cup of coffee for the Carolina Hurricanes.

Colton Gilles played over 150 NHL games over 4 seasons. Played for Team Canada in WJC 2008 (against Stepan and Kreider).

Patrick Mullen: Assistant Captain for the Bingo Senators for 2 seasons. Quality AHLer and the son of Hall of Famer Joe Mullen.

Pyotr Schastlivy: 129 NHL games. Captain of Team Russia in the World Championship. Point per game in WJC-20.

Tim Sestito: 101 NHL games. Captain or Assistant Captain in the AHL for 4 seasons.

Lauris Darzins scored 5 points in 5 games for Team Latvia in the Olympics.

Krišjānis Rēdlihs: Former AHLer for 3 seasons for the Albany River Rats.

There are others who never played in North America who play just as well as these guys, at least based on stats.

This team would probably be able to hold their own very well in the AHL. And they're the worst Western Conference team in the KHL.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2016, 07:56 AM
Ori

Igor looks very promising with great stats!
..hype hype!!

Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2016, 08:10 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
The future is bright, fellas.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2016, 12:28 PM
FLYLine27
BUCH

Not good....Shest just gave up 2 goals on 4 shots at the start of the 2nd period

FLYLine27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2016, 12:31 PM
Irishguy42

Sky is falling. Trade him.

Irishguy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2016, 12:38 PM
FLYLine27
BUCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishguy42 View Post
Sky is falling. Trade him.
Hopefully a trade is already in the works..we could use a Shane Doan right around now to really help us.

Old
11-17-2016, 01:48 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Watched only the last 6 minutes of the game. Shesterkin made one great save on a 2-on-1, but otherwise it was just SKA attacking trying to come back at the end against the turtle. I'm so used to SKA winning by half a dozen goals or more that it's a bit stunning to see them lose. Shesterkin made 19 saves on 21 shots. Not horrible, but will bring down his stats a little bit. Still, at the start of the season, we'd be happy if he consistently put up stats like these, we just got spoiled recently.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2016, 01:49 PM
FLYLine27
BUCH

So he lost his first game in what..2 months? Final score 2-1.

Old
11-17-2016, 04:45 PM
Pavel Buchnevich
AV OUT

Yeah, its not like he gave up 6 goals. He gave up 2. The first one was terrible defense. A player on SKA lost the puck behind his net, it found its way to a defenseman who walked down into the slot and fired a slapper by Shestyorkin who was screened by two players. The second goal was a drive to the net, the puck was loose after Shestyorkin made the save, and the other team was first to the loose puck. I don't know how much he could've done on either goal.

Pavel Buchnevich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2016, 04:48 PM
Irishguy42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Buchnevich View Post
Yeah, its not like he gave up 6 goals. He gave up 2. The first one was terrible defense. A player on SKA lost the puck behind his net, it found its way to a defenseman who walked down into the slot and fired a slapper by Shestyorkin who was screened by two players. The second goal was a drive to the net, the puck was loose after Shestyorkin made the save, and the other team was first to the loose puck. I don't know how much he could've done on either goal.
Don't matter. Trade him.

Old
11-17-2016, 05:24 PM
Revel
DXer

Unacceptable loss. Blow up SKA. Rebuild.

Revel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2016, 05:28 PM
Saving Captain Ryan
Registered Drug User

Seriously this kid sucks, how do you allow your team to lose a damn game. Trade this cancer asap

Saving Captain Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2016, 05:25 PM
Pavel Buchnevich
AV OUT

He's in the 3 Stars almost every game so there's no reason to post it every game, but since they lost this game, I just wanted to post this to make the point that he wasn't actually bad in yesterdays game.

Old
11-18-2016, 05:40 PM
Irishguy42

Quote:
He's in the 3 Stars almost every game so there's no reason to post it every game, but since they lost this game, I just wanted to post this to make the point that he wasn't actually bad in yesterdays game.

I think we all understand that

Old
11-18-2016, 05:55 PM
Pavel Buchnevich
AV OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishguy42 View Post
I think we all understand that
Yeah, I know, but I still thought I should post it. Takes all of 10 seconds.

Old
11-18-2016, 06:30 PM
Hunter Gathers
Whiskey breath

Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=2117551

this is a refreshing read.... fun to look back though. all the shots i took here for saying its buchy and shesty 1 and 2.

and the mcilrath stuff too. i said skjei was worlds better and mc would be gonzo. i got shredded. look what happened ? just sayin.

"banging the drum that buchy is out best prospect" yup guilty as charged

and having shestyorkin #2 behind buch ??? yup

all the non believers....

"On what planet is Shesty a "blue chip" prospect? He's a very good goalie prospect, but blue chip? No. I get that he's Russian and that means that he's the greatest ever or something, but give me a break. If he was putting up his VHL numbers in the KHL, sure. But he's not. He's putting up solid but not amazing KHL numbers".

my old friend jonathan.....
It's kind of incredible that you don't grasp that he took a major step. Ironically, you made the ridiculous comment that Skjei wasn't a prospect in that thread and somehow expect me to take you seriously now?

Edge and I were in complete agreement in that thread. We both needed to see him play at a high level in the KHL before we crowned him a "blue chip prospect".

I'd also still easily rank Vesey over Shesty. And it's not really close right now. I think he's closed the gap with Skjei, but I'd rank them about even right now.

Hunter Gathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2016, 06:32 PM
Hunter Gathers
Whiskey breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
so then enver lisin, something something, enver lisin. right darko ?

prospect discussion.

buch #1

shesty #2

skjei no longer a prospect really and just the better player.

mcilrath gonzo.

check and mate.
Literally (and laughably) incorrect.

Old
11-18-2016, 06:38 PM
Capt McDonut
That was Vesey

Vesey, skjei, and Buch are getting regular minutes in New York.. they've graduated in my mind. Shesty is our best prospect with probably graves in 2nd.. still don't think he makes it to newyork.. I think we trade shesty in an attempt to make another run before hank is too old

Capt McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2016, 06:40 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt McDonut View Post
Vesey, skjei, and Buch are getting regular minutes in New York.. they've graduated in my mind. Shesty is our best prospect with probably graves in 2nd.. still don't think he makes it to newyork.. I think we trade shesty in an attempt to make another run before hank is too old
There's no way they trade Shesty with a 34 year old goalie who isn't getting any younger.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2016, 06:57 PM
Lua

Not that this is a major concern, but how is Shesty's English?

Lua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2016, 07:07 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lua View Post
Not good, he only knows two words. Stop and puck.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2016, 07:28 PM
Pavel Buchnevich
AV OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Gathers View Post
It's kind of incredible that you don't grasp that he took a major step. Ironically, you made the ridiculous comment that Skjei wasn't a prospect in that thread and somehow expect me to take you seriously now?

Edge and I were in complete agreement in that thread. We both needed to see him play at a high level in the KHL before we crowned him a "blue chip prospect".

I'd also still easily rank Vesey over Shesty. And it's not really close right now. I think he's closed the gap with Skjei, but I'd rank them about even right now.
I understand if people wanted to see Shestyorkin play well in the KHL first, but its not like the only thing that he has going in his favor now is his KHL play.

He's had a pretty good track record way before this season. He just hadn't played many KHL games, so while I can understand wanting to see him in the KHL before elevating him above others, its not like there weren't other reasons that some of us would have him in the top 2. If we believed he was a starting caliber goalie before these KHL games, there's a reason to put him in the top 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lua View Post
He's said in interviews that its not that good, although he lists on his VK page that he speaks English. Shouldn't matter that much though, considering we have a translator on the team for him. The problem was always going to be the first Russian player to come over, not the second.

Old
11-18-2016, 07:44 PM
Hunter Gathers
Whiskey breath

Quote:
I understand if people wanted to see Shestyorkin play well in the KHL first, but its not like the only thing that he has going in his favor now is his KHL play.

He's had a pretty good track record way before this season. He just hadn't played many KHL games, so while I can understand wanting to see him in the KHL before elevating him above others, its not like there weren't other reasons that some of us would have him in the top 2. If we believed he was a starting caliber goalie before these KHL games, there's a reason to put him in the top 2.
There's not a single reason to have him above either Buch or Vesey. He's firmly below both of those players right now. And at the time that thread came around, it was even more clear (which is hard to imagine).

After this season? He may very well be the top prospect since Buch, Vesey, and Skjei will all graduate.

Old
11-18-2016, 07:48 PM
FLYLine27
BUCH

Quote:
There's not a single reason to have him above either Buch or Vesey. He's firmly below both of those players right now. And at the time that thread came around, it was even more clear (which is hard to imagine).

After this season? He may very well be the top prospect since Buch, Vesey, and Skjei will all graduate.
Absolutely. Honestly I see him in a bit of his own tier after those 3 graduate.

Old
11-18-2016, 07:57 PM
darko

Quote:

Classic odc.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote