HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

When Havlat returns

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2006, 01:21 PM
SensRbest

vCash: 500
When Havlat returns

I don't know about you guys but I'm so anxious for Havlat to return, he reminds me so of Hossa (the speed), I know that with our pizza line things are going great, but with the return of Havlat it will be even better, it's a terrible shame that he was hurt.

Sorry I know there has been several posts about Havlat, but could you imagine if he hadn't been hurt how much better this team would be

Just hope he can play a few games in the regular season before he plays in the playoffs to get the rust off.

Old
01-24-2006, 03:17 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensRbest
I don't know about you guys but I'm so anxious for Havlat to return, he reminds me so of Hossa (the speed), I know that with our pizza line things are going great, but with the return of Havlat it will be even better, it's a terrible shame that he was hurt.

Sorry I know there has been several posts about Havlat, but could you imagine if he hadn't been hurt how much better this team would be

Just hope he can play a few games in the regular season before he plays in the playoffs to get the rust off.
I think losing Havlat for the season if he is capable at coming back for the playoffs is a blessing in disguise. First of all he wont be able to demand more money in the next offseason. Second of all he is going to be well rested come playoff time. Third of all its a huge boost to add a star winger to a team that has come accustomed to winning without him. Its also not like they are adding a stranger that needs to gel with the team he already knows the guys and knows his role.

Lets just keep our fingers crossed that he will be playoff ready.

Old
01-24-2006, 03:21 PM
Altimus
Probably drunk

Send a message via AIM to Altimus Send a message via MSN to Altimus
Im more worried about who we will have to send back down to the minors..they are all playing fantastically

Old
01-24-2006, 03:23 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
I'm worried he won't be the same when he comes back. You can't expect him to come back from 4 months off and be just as good.

Old
01-24-2006, 03:42 PM
Kickabrat
WHAT - ME WORRY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frea_K
Im more worried about who we will have to send back down to the minors..they are all playing fantastically
By that time, salaries will have been paid and there wil be little or no cap hit for keeping players on the roster. I expect to see Bochenski and Eaves and perhaps one of Malec, or Novak with the Sens for the playoffs.

Old
01-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Golden Slumbers

He won't be at the top of his game, but Havlat is Havlat.

Remember when he came back against from suspension against the Sabres and scored four goals?

Booyah

Old
01-24-2006, 09:57 PM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
I'm worried he won't be the same when he comes back. You can't expect him to come back from 4 months off and be just as good.
I don't know...historically Havlat has done his best when coming off an injury/suspension. Not to mention he is usually our best player for the 2nd half of the season. I just hope we really kicks it up a notch this year in the playoffs. By all means I think he will considering the clutching and grabbing is gone as well as our added toughness this year.

Old
01-24-2006, 10:06 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting004
I don't know...historically Havlat has done his best when coming off an injury/suspension. Not to mention he is usually our best player for the 2nd half of the season. I just hope we really kicks it up a notch this year in the playoffs. By all means I think he will considering the clutching and grabbing is gone as well as our added toughness this year.
He's shown he can come back and play well after missing 3 or 4 games, we haven't seen if he can come back and play well after missing 3 or 4 months. That's why I'm worried.

Old
01-24-2006, 10:31 PM
nneate

Even if we get Havlat back at 60-80% it's still a benefit to the team, as his speed generates so many chances, as well as taking pressure off the top line. Best case scenario is he comes back and doesn't miss a beat, scoring at his usual rapid pace.

I miss Mach 9 as well, looking forward to seeing him with the team again.

I also agree that it may very well be a blessing in disguise with his contract situation, time will tell.

Old
01-24-2006, 10:35 PM
IdiotsPickedMyName*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting004
I don't know...historically Havlat has done his best when coming off an injury/suspension.
Thats because he's always coming off one or the other lately

What will the lines be when he gets back?

Heatley-Spezza-Alfie
Schaffer-Fisher-Havlat
Eaves-Smoke-Neil
Varada-Kelly-Vermete

Old
01-24-2006, 10:51 PM
Powdered Toast Man
Is he a ham?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbth
Thats because he's always coming off one or the other lately

What will the lines be when he gets back?

Heatley-Spezza-Alfie
Schaffer-Fisher-Havlat
Eaves-Smoke-Neil
Varada-Kelly-Vermete

If we get Weight for Vermette + non roster player

Heatley-Spezza-Alfie
Smoke (?)-Weight-Havlat
Schaefer-Fisher-Neil
Varada-Kelly-Eaves

*I honestly have no clue where Smoke will play, he doesn't look good alongside Weight and Havlat, but I really don't know where else to put him*

Old
01-24-2006, 11:00 PM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenSk9tSen
If we get Weight for Vermette + non roster player

Heatley-Spezza-Alfie
Smoke (?)-Weight-Havlat
Schaefer-Fisher-Neil
Varada-Kelly-Eaves
I think Vermette will stay, and Bochenski will go along with a pick or other prospect (Lee maybe?).

I'd like the lines to be:
Heatley-Spezza-Alfie
Fisher -Weight-Havlat
Schaefer-Smoke-Neil
Vermette-Kelly-Varada/Eaves

That would be nuts for a second line. Would easily be a first line on most teams in the NHL.

Old
01-24-2006, 11:29 PM
Air

I miss Havlat. I still remember that tap-in goal he set up for Van Allen in overtime of game 1, EC 2003 vs the Devils.

Let's say he didn't come back in time for the beginning of the playoffs. Would you play him, without any regular season play in 2006, in a playoff game?

Old
01-25-2006, 08:03 AM
operasen

Heatley-Spezza-Alfie
Fisher -Weight-Havlat
Schaefer-Kelly-Eaves
Vermette-Smolinski-Neil

Varada
McGratten
Bochenski

Depends on who goes for Weight though. I'd send Smolonski or Varada before Vermette.

Getting Havlat back is like a major trade upgrade as well.

Old
01-25-2006, 08:09 AM
SensRbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Fresh
He won't be at the top of his game, but Havlat is Havlat.

Remember when he came back against from suspension against the Sabres and scored four goals?

Booyah
Yeah that's what I was also thinking, he will be hungry and READY !!!!

Old
01-25-2006, 08:20 AM
Methot Man
The Rhythm Methot

I like:

Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson
Fisher-Acquisition-Havlat
Schaefer-Smolinski-Neil
Varada-Kelly-Eaves

I think Vermette definitely gets moved before the deadline.

Old
01-25-2006, 11:07 AM
EJsens1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air
I miss Havlat. I still remember that tap-in goal he set up for Van Allen in overtime of game 1, EC 2003 vs the Devils.

Let's say he didn't come back in time for the beginning of the playoffs. Would you play him, without any regular season play in 2006, in a playoff game?
Yes, I would. You can't sit one of the most dangerous offensive players in the world. You might have to pick your spots the first game or 2 to see how he responds to the play, but I would dress him. To me, its a no-brainer. It gives more of a cushion to the number 1 line.

Old
01-25-2006, 07:00 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven Morehead
Yes, I would. You can't sit one of the most dangerous offensive players in the world. You might have to pick your spots the first game or 2 to see how he responds to the play, but I would dress him. To me, its a no-brainer. It gives more of a cushion to the number 1 line.
Yes, Havlat's presence alone takes pressure off the big line because he can create so much on his own. Still, I'm going to go into the playoffs with low expectations for Havlat considering the time he missed, hoping that he can surpass them.

Old
01-25-2006, 11:34 PM
nneate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGuy
Yes, Havlat's presence alone takes pressure off the big line because he can create so much on his own. Still, I'm going to go into the playoffs with low expectations for Havlat considering the time he missed, hoping that he can surpass them.
Would you call Havlat a MONSTER performer? Hes a SPEED MONSTER, creating chances for not only himself but his teammates as well. He is also a FORECHECKING MONSTER, look at him turn the Senators Penalty Kill into an instant offensive threat with his deep positioning looking for the breakout. Havlat is most importantly a PLAYMAKING MONSTER, creating chances along the boards on the powerplay as well as giving his linemates goals from his rebounds and accurate passes.

MONSTAR!!!11

Old
01-25-2006, 11:50 PM
Don Draper

i really hope hes back before the playoffs to get in a couple games to test it out, but if he isnt, I think you really need to take it slowly with him. Get him out there every so often, but put no pressure on him to succeed. Basically give him Vermettes 10-12 a night, put him down a couple lines to let him test out the shoulder. We dont know how he will respond to contact, so I am with sensguy, expect nothing and hope for more.

Its a very real possibility we have seen the last of him this year, which is why someone like Weight is such a big deal. It would be great to get someone to set him up, but even more important to have someone who can anchor that second line down the middle.

Old
01-26-2006, 10:22 AM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havlat9
I like:

Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson
Fisher-Acquisition-Havlat
Schaefer-Smolinski-Neil
Varada-Kelly-Eaves

I think Vermette definitely gets moved before the deadline.
If that acquisition is Weight and you keep the defense and goaltending intact, that will be without a doubt, the best team since the Red Wins in 2002. Doug Weight is exactly what the Sens could use, he's a tenacious veteran with a lot of leadership.

Old
01-26-2006, 10:42 PM
Air

Great news. Havlat's been cleared to increase the intensity of his rehabbing, and he'll visit Cleveland again in 6 weeks.

Quote:
Martin Havlat has been cleared to pick up the intensity during his rehabilitation for a dislocated shoulder. Doctors have given the gifted Senators forward the green light to resume on-ice workouts.

“It’s positive what the doctors said,” Havlat told reporters on Thursday morning upon returning from Cleveland where he underwent x-rays and a CT scan. “They say everything is fine, and I am allowed to do everything.”
Link.

At this point, the joy of getting Doug Weight would equal the joy of getting Havlat back in time.

Old
01-27-2006, 02:12 PM
Murphy*

I think Havlat and Heatley are going to have major impacts in the playoffs.

Old
01-27-2006, 03:56 PM
PeterSidorkiewicz
Original *** allstar

A positive look on the situation is, lets say we do win the cup, and Havlat is back for the playoffs. He probably wont have much bargaining power missing an entire season, and won't demand too much. If he signs at a low cost, and we keep Redden and Chara due to them staying because of the cup win, it would be one of the most awesomest things ever. Of course this is the most optimistic of situations you can get, but its actually pretty plausible I think.

Closed Thread