HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Question for the Madden Listeners

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2006, 03:01 PM
HockeyNightInDaBurg

vCash: 500
Question for the Madden Listeners

I have Madden on right now, and he is slamming Mark Recchi for backstabbing Crosby countless times in the locker room. He doesn't really elaborate on this, other than to say he has too many sources saying this for it not to be true. The way Madden brought it up though, it sounds like he's probably talked about this on the air before. Has anyone heard him talk about this before, and if so did he elaborate any more?

I've always thought of Mark Recchi as being a great character guy, so this surprises me if true. I know some people on here have speculated that Recchi and maybe LeClair are problems in this way, but since those reports were unsubstantiated I never really believed it, to be honest. I guess I'm looking for evidence one way or the other because right now I'm not exactly sure what to think.

Old
01-24-2006, 03:06 PM
phillypensfan

Send a message via ICQ to phillypensfan
I haven't listened to the guy at all,but this just sounds to me like another way to stir up more trouble in the media about the Pens team.

Old
01-24-2006, 05:57 PM
WVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillypensfan
I haven't listened to the guy at all,but this just sounds to me like another way to stir up more trouble in the media about the Pens team.
There's actually no bigger Pens supporter on the radio than Madden.

Old
01-24-2006, 08:34 PM
Chiasmus 81

Send a message via AIM to Chiasmus 81
Not everything Madden says is true or has come true, but he mentioned when Therrien was fired guys like Rex, LeClair, Gonchar etc would get what they deserved, because they took Edzo's system and ran it how they felt like. He stated that one day in practice, Joey Mullen wanted to work on the Powerplay and Rex merely stated, "Don't worry Joey, we got it" and then skated off the ice. This is just what Madden and his "inside sources" said. (Those same inside sources said Kovy was a done deal and Zubrus for Hrdina was going to happen for months upon months after the Jagr deal.

Old
01-24-2006, 10:02 PM
theflightlessbirds

To answer your question Mark has blasted the veterans before for bad locker room attitudes/behavior on a couple occasions. He has said that they have a negative effect on the younger players. Mark did the same thing with the Pirates veterans in the club house a few years back. I dont remember recchi's name but he mention odelein, gonchar, and leclair (and imho he prob mentioned recchi).

Old
01-24-2006, 11:31 PM
st5801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiasmus 81
Not everything Madden says is true or has come true, but he mentioned when Therrien was fired guys like Rex, LeClair, Gonchar etc would get what they deserved, because they took Edzo's system and ran it how they felt like. He stated that one day in practice, Joey Mullen wanted to work on the Powerplay and Rex merely stated, "Don't worry Joey, we got it" and then skated off the ice. This is just what Madden and his "inside sources" said. (Those same inside sources said Kovy was a done deal and Zubrus for Hrdina was going to happen for months upon months after the Jagr deal.
Yeah, Madden makes stuff up. A few months ago, Pens to Vegas with Boots as the owner was a done deal as well. Now guess who the one person who has said they are not buying the team is? Boots.

Old
01-25-2006, 12:25 AM
Cow_Master66

Recchi has a history of this from his time in Philly, so I wouldn't put it past that little putz

Old
01-25-2006, 04:04 AM
HockeyNightInDaBurg

Thanks for the info guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow_Master66
Recchi has a history of this from his time in Philly
Could you elaborate?

Old
01-25-2006, 07:40 AM
NANDOAL

Send a message via AIM to NANDOAL
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVpens
There's actually no bigger Pens supporter on the radio than Madden.
Support Madden cause he supports the Pens..There is very few people in the city that actually do

Old
01-25-2006, 08:37 AM
Saint Teemu

On a slight tangent, it's been suggested (it might have been Bob Mackenzie or Pierre Mcguire, but I'm not sure) that Crosby is getting thrown to the wolves every game and that the rest of the team is watching him get pummeled. I haven't seen too many Pens games, but the video was damning.

Is this a legitimate assessment? Are the Penguins that timid or that spiteful to let their star player get hammered on nightly?

Old
01-25-2006, 08:57 AM
Chiasmus 81

Send a message via AIM to Chiasmus 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Teemu
On a slight tangent, it's been suggested (it might have been Bob Mackenzie or Pierre Mcguire, but I'm not sure) that Crosby is getting thrown to the wolves every game and that the rest of the team is watching him get pummeled. I haven't seen too many Pens games, but the video was damning.

Is this a legitimate assessment? Are the Penguins that timid or that spiteful to let their star player get hammered on nightly?

Pretty much. Hence the reason why we traded for Eric Cairns. Our supposed "enforcers", Ryan Vandenbussche and Andre Roy dont "enforce".

Old
01-25-2006, 01:12 PM
Saint Teemu

Quote:
Pretty much. Hence the reason why we traded for Eric Cairns. Our supposed "enforcers", Ryan Vandenbussche and Andre Roy dont "enforce".
The thing is: it shouldn't only be up to the enforcers. I liken it to someone running your goalie. If you're the first guy there, you've got to drop the gloves. Tough luck if it was George Laraque, but you've gotta do it. The way I see it, if someone's taking liberties with your star guy, you have to respond - even if you aren't the designated policeman.

Be it Eric Cairns or whoever, I just hope that the Pens can have someone ride shotgun for Sidney effectively.

Old
01-25-2006, 02:00 PM
phillypensfan

Send a message via ICQ to phillypensfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint Teemu
The thing is: it shouldn't only be up to the enforcers. I liken it to someone running your goalie. If you're the first guy there, you've got to drop the gloves. Tough luck if it was George Laraque, but you've gotta do it. The way I see it, if someone's taking liberties with your star guy, you have to respond - even if you aren't the designated policeman.

Be it Eric Cairns or whoever, I just hope that the Pens can have someone ride shotgun for Sidney effectively.
Having Cairns on the team already seems to be making the other team think twice about taking shots at Sid. Guess we'll see if anyone on the Capitals tries to take shots at him tonight when we play,if anyone does I can pretty well guarantee Cairns will make whoever it is pay for it.

Old
01-28-2006, 10:35 AM
Blackwizard66

There have been rumors of this all season. Not sure if it is true or not. If it is, I would be very disappointed. Sidney tends to roll with the punches and lets it run right of his back. I agree that Rex has always seemed to be a great character guy, so this would really suck. It did seem as if there were some cliques forming though. I guess time will tell....Recchi didn't seem to be stabbing sid too much when he was banging in some pretty passes from Sid the other night...

Old
01-28-2006, 10:53 AM
Cow_Master66

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyNightInDaBurg
Thanks for the info guys...

Could you elaborate?
Sure. I spend a lot of times on one particular(very popular) Flyers board, and they have been calling him "BSRB" for a couple years now. That stands for "Back Stabbing Rat *******"...He acquired this nickname after his many comments to the media about the team not being prepared, not working on the right things in practice, the wrong people being scratched, etc. etc....He is effectivly blamed for getting Bill Barber fired...He is known throughout the city of Philly for never placing blame on the players, but always on the staff....I can't site specific quotes, as it was a while ago, and frankly I don't remember...I can probably get some off those guys if you are truly interested...

Old
01-28-2006, 11:04 AM
td_ice
Peter shows the way

Quote:
Yep.

And even more importantly, they don't "deter".

Old
01-28-2006, 01:41 PM
Overtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow_Master66
Sure. I spend a lot of times on one particular(very popular) Flyers board, and they have been calling him "BSRB" for a couple years now. That stands for "Back Stabbing Rat *******"...He acquired this nickname after his many comments to the media about the team not being prepared, not working on the right things in practice, the wrong people being scratched, etc. etc....He is effectivly blamed for getting Bill Barber fired...He is known throughout the city of Philly for never placing blame on the players, but always on the staff....I can't site specific quotes, as it was a while ago, and frankly I don't remember...I can probably get some off those guys if you are truly interested...
I am a member of that Flyers board and they are the ONLY Flyers board that hates Mark Recchi. What they say is untrue.

Mark Recchi was not in the locker room at the time Bill Barber was blasted by Keith Primeau and others. He was accosted later by a reporter and told of what was said, then asked if what they said was true (Barber wouldn't let them practice the power play, stuff like that). He said it was very unfortunate that it came out in the press, but yes sad to say it was true.

The players kept what was going on quiet for a very long time. There was an incident where Barber found out the players were practicing the power play on their own and Barber got so mad he broke sticks all over the ice.

Bill is a good man, but he wasn't a good coach after his wife took ill. It affected him. The players didn't all know at first. Primeau did, and if any player should have been called a back stabber it would be him. He was the one who purported to be Barber's friend and confidant.

So now Madden would like us to believe that a player who wanted to practice the power play in Philadelphia is saying they don't need to practice it?

So now Madden would like us to believe that a player who has been known for taking young players under his wing is blasting the young players?

So now Madden would like us to believe that a player who has always been known as a class guy has suddenly taken on a new personality?

I say Bull ****.

Old
01-28-2006, 02:01 PM
PACaptain

There's two sides to every story so I'm not really sure what to believe. Overall I would say Mark Reechi is a pretty good guy until proven otherwise. Madden does have a pretty decent inside track to the Penguins but he exaggerates things sometimes (ie "we are going to try to get Kovalev" turns into "the Pens and Kovalev is a done deal").

Old
01-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Firefighter Havok

Send a message via AIM to Firefighter Havok Send a message via MSN to Firefighter Havok
personally I believe that anything madden says is 100% bull ****

Old
01-29-2006, 08:33 AM
grapepul*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf-Superbeast
personally I believe that anything madden says is 100% bull ****
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Old
01-29-2006, 10:59 AM
porrylogspop

if you are listening to madden are you wearing your hip boots.

Old
01-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Titan124

Hammered on?!?! Everyone in the league is afraid to TOUCH Crosby, let alone hammer him!

Old
01-29-2006, 11:29 AM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan124
Hammered on?!?! Everyone in the league is afraid to TOUCH Crosby, let alone hammer him!

Closed Thread