HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

whats with all the hate on Roszival?

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2006, 03:56 PM
fubarNYR

vCash: 500
whats with all the hate on Roszival?

probaly spelt his name wrong. but why does everybody hate him? sure he scored a beauty on his own net but hes still leading the team (last time i looked) in +/- stat

Old
01-24-2006, 04:02 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Hes a little inconsistent, he waits around with the puck alot, he doesnt move up the ice quick enough, he stutters in the d-zone againsts solid forwards, he misses the net with a hard shot.

Though i am very surprised that he does lead the team in +/-, i always thought that stat was a trite misleading. I must say i dont totally hate him, since he has been for the most part a positive addition considering his potential at the start of camp, but theres room for improvement.

I cant say i hate him, or any d-men on this team right now cause the Rangers are in the top 5 in team defense. They are getting the job done, even though a huge part of this years success lies in the ability of the forwards helping out and the stellar PPK, which does not feature Roszival.

Old
01-24-2006, 04:05 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC
Hes a little inconsistent, he waits around with the puck alot, he doesnt move up the ice quick enough, he stutters in the d-zone againsts solid forwards, he misses the net with a hard shot.

Though i am very surprised that he does lead the team in +/-, i always thought that stat was a trite misleading. I must say i dont totally hate him, since he has been for the most part a positive addition considering his potential at the start of camp, but theres room for improvement.

I cant say i hate him, or any d-men on this team right now cause the Rangers are in the top 5 team defenses. They are getting the job done, even though a huge part of this years success lies in the ability of the forwards helping out.
Also with a lot of help from King Henrik

Old
01-24-2006, 04:07 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy
Also with a lot of help from King Henrik
Right on. He covers many up many mistakes made by ALL.

Old
01-24-2006, 04:21 PM
fubarNYR

yeah, that is true henrik is good. if he goes down do you think we are done?

Old
01-24-2006, 04:25 PM
shoothepuck

He takes dumb penalties (leads the team in penalty min.), plays D soft, misses the net alot, and seems to be "lost" most of the time. The bigger problem is that with NY's lack of a legit #1 D pair, he's getting way to much ice time on the top spot, and his flaws are really showing.

Old
01-24-2006, 04:26 PM
RANGERDIEHARD

People can't get over the fact that Rozy is a 4th or 5th defenseman, he never ever was a standout defenseman so why expect him to be one here. In fact he is probably playing his best hockey of his career. I'm not complaining, he's been pretty good so far this year.

Old
01-24-2006, 04:26 PM
fubarNYR

yeah thats true thats why leetch is coming home........i hope.........and i hope he get healthy when he comes. hahahaha

Old
01-24-2006, 04:27 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Unless Weekes is able to turn his game around, or if they bring up Montoya and he goes on fire, They would drop down probably to the 7th or 8th seed. I would still see them make the playoffs just because they have built themselves a decent cushion between themselves and the 9th seed (11 or 12 pts I believe). As long as Jagr is still around and keep putting up good #'s they could be able to sneak into the playoffs.

Ofcoarse I really really really hope that stays healthy

Old
01-24-2006, 04:53 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
I hate Rozival because he spends too much time in the box. Nine out of ten times when a penalty on the Rangers is called Rozival is the one skating towards the box. If he was more disiciplined I would like him.

Old
01-24-2006, 05:03 PM
greasch#4

Quote:
Originally Posted by g52
I hate Rozival because he spends too much time in the box. Nine out of ten times when a penalty on the Rangers is called Rozival is the one skating towards the box. If he was more disiciplined I would like him.
And goals scoreed when you are in the box do not affect your +/- Maybe that's wht he leads the team... he also leads us in PIM.

Old
01-24-2006, 10:10 PM
polako

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasch#4
And goals scoreed when you are in the box do not affect your +/- Maybe that's wht he leads the team... he also leads us in PIM.
and ice time.

he's not a star, but he's not a bad player.

Old
01-25-2006, 01:33 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Nobody gets a minus in their stats for pwp goals against. Roszival is okay most nights. He is a bit soft. Not the fastest player. Takes too many penalties. Hasn't provided a lot of offense. Was getting a lot of pwp time--not so much anymore. I don't hate him. I do think defense is the area we need to upgrade the most after this season anyway and I do think his would be a spot we could upgrade.

Old
01-25-2006, 02:04 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:

he leads the team in pim without a fighting major. Imagine if that happens at the end of the season. I wonder what the record is for the most pim without a major.

Old
01-25-2006, 02:38 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
he leads the team in pim without a fighting major. Imagine if that happens at the end of the season. I wonder what the record is for the most pim without a major.
That's not so weird in the new NHL, where there are fewer fights and you get called for hooking or holding when you look at the guy the wrong way.
Max Afinogenov is 2nd on the team behind Peters, ahead of people like Gaustad, Mair and McKee. Crosby leads the Pens in PIMs.

Rozsival's a servicable #4/#5 guy, who's been playing, AFAIK, top-2 on the Rangers until recently (until Tyutin started playing better, and he's leading the Rangers in IT the last 6 or 7 games).
As for him not playing on the PK, like someone said... I remember him playing significant minutes on the PK in almost every Ranger game I saw, prior to the "emergence" of Tyutin.

Old
01-25-2006, 08:57 AM
Its a PP Goal

Yea he's a true 2nd/3rd pair defenseman. For the most part he does his job but when hurts the team he really hurts the team. If we had a true top pairing Rozi would get less icetime and we'd see less mistakes. For now we have to take the bad with the good.

Old
01-25-2006, 09:03 AM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
I always hated the +/- stat.

Old
01-25-2006, 09:09 AM
frohli44

Send a message via ICQ to frohli44 Send a message via AIM to frohli44
but people fail to realize hes not super old, signed for close to the league minimum and it isnt his fault he got thrusted into a huge role and is partnered with malik (who deserves more blame than roszy)...the guy isnt super, but he does a good job for the most part and deserves credit for that.

Old
01-25-2006, 09:34 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frohli44
but people fail to realize hes not super old, signed for close to the league minimum and it isnt his fault he got thrusted into a huge role and is partnered with malik (who deserves more blame than roszy)...
I think everyone realizes that.

I don't "hate" Rozsival, but he's obviously one of the weakest links in the chain here. He's not "super young" either and it's not like his turnovers and blown assignments are all in the name of giving experience to a young player or even someone that has a future with the organization. On 29 other teams, he's a guy who's on the 3rd pairing and possibly in and out of the lineup. If that was his role on this team, I'd be less frustrated by his presence.

Old
01-25-2006, 09:46 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
On 29 other teams, he's a guy who's on the 3rd pairing and possibly in and out of the lineup. If that was his role on this team, I'd be less frustrated by his presence.
I think that even the pro-Rozsival crowd would find very few teams on which he would be the #3 or 4 defenseman.
And NONE of that has anything to do with the fact that he has been very undisciplined and gets beaten by just about anybody who can lace up skates. His descision making is awfull and his penchant for taking obstruction penalties (even when the team is already down one player) hurts the team.

Old
01-25-2006, 09:51 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by fubarNYR
probaly spelt his name wrong. but why does everybody hate him? sure he scored a beauty on his own net but hes still leading the team (last time i looked) in +/- stat
he sucks

Closed Thread