HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Roloson-working on things to be ready when I get to another team."

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2006, 04:54 AM
Artyukhin*

vCash: 500
Roloson-working on things to be ready when I get to another team."

"The writing's on the wall," Roloson told the Press. "I just feel one of us is going to be gone, and it's a sign something's happening. Right now, all I'm doing is working on things to be ready when I get to another team."

www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/hearsay.jsp

Old
01-24-2006, 04:55 AM
Artyukhin*

whats he goona fetch on the market?and who takes him

Old
01-24-2006, 05:26 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Sometimes Miracles

From Edmonton

Taylor Chorney and a 3rd

or

Dvorak and a 4th

Old
01-24-2006, 05:47 AM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins
From Edmonton

Taylor Chorney and a 3rd

or

Dvorak and a 4th

From Minnesota: get lost!

Old
01-24-2006, 06:03 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper

What does Minni what for Mr. Roloson then, you know, instead of losing him for nothing in the summer.

What's his value?

Old
01-24-2006, 07:13 AM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:
From Edmonton

Taylor Chorney and a 3rd

or

Dvorak and a 4th
If you're trying to get rid of Dvorak, you'd probably need a higher pick. Chorney's more valuable than he is.

Old
01-24-2006, 07:35 AM
kasper11

I think the market for goalies will definately be higher than that. With Theodore struggling badly, Roloson and Biron seem to be the best goalies on the market right now, with Edmonton, Colorado, Tampa Bay and possibly others all looking for goalies.

Old
01-24-2006, 07:44 AM
NB_Oiler_Fan

IMO, Roloson will be one of the most highly coveted and sought after UFA goalies leading up to the trade deadline. And I also believe he will be dealt by Minny.

He has always seemed to struggle with the #1 role as he seemed to be too streaky and inconsistant when seeing a lot of minutes and that is his one big downfall. But regardless he still has been able to put up solid GAA and Sv% percentages and although will see a healthy raise (currently making $1.67mil along with Fernandez) I don't expect him to sign for over $3.5mil, so he is also an affordable option for the Oilers. Problem is... there will be about 4-5 teams looking seriously at him such as TB,Avs, Oilers, Canucks and although Minny may deal him where they want him to go, he will will in the end have choices... namely, dollar amount and preference of team on where he resigns for next season. He may choice a team over dollar amount.... one never knows.

I wouldn't want to give up very much for him, unless he signed a contract at the time of the trade.

Old
01-24-2006, 07:55 AM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11
I think the market for goalies will definately be higher than that. With Theodore struggling badly, Roloson and Biron seem to be the best goalies on the market right now, with Edmonton, Colorado, Tampa Bay and possibly others all looking for goalies.
Belfour is also on the market ...with a decent defense in front of him, he can easily regain his game. ...the Leafs have been horrible in front of him.

Old
01-24-2006, 08:09 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

Quote:
From Edmonton

Taylor Chorney and a 3rd

or

Dvorak and a 4th
Never heard of Chorney...I assume he is a midlevel prospect, so change the 3rd to a 2nd and it might be enough.

Why would a non-playoff team like Minnesota want to rent Dvorak? Minnesota doesn't want a UFA they want prospects/picks.

Old
01-24-2006, 08:11 AM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
if Minny expects to get much more, they might as well just hold on to him and let him walk away to FA without any compensation.

He's a UFA to be... and Minny isn't going to make the playoffs... why would they tell any team to get lost if they have an offer for him?

I doubt they have any interest though in other UFA to be (isn't Dvorak one??).... but picks and prospects for a soon to be UFA, in a new NHL where there are no compensation picks for lost group III UFAs, are always valuable.

And the goalie market should be a buyer's market come deadline time.

UFA goalies that have been rumoured to be on the block this season - or could be available for a short term pickup: Roloson, Fernandez, Joseph, Kolzig, Nabokov, Toskala. Other goalies (RFAs) that have been rumoured to be on the move: Biron, Noronen, Denis, Raycroft.

I don't think there are that many teams that are looking for goaltending... if any team that has a UFA to be that tells another team to get lost when there is an offer of a pick and prospect on the table, could just as easily lose out in getting anything at all for that asset.

Old
01-24-2006, 09:57 AM
kasper11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO
if Minny expects to get much more, they might as well just hold on to him and let him walk away to FA without any compensation.

He's a UFA to be... and Minny isn't going to make the playoffs... why would they tell any team to get lost if they have an offer for him?

I doubt they have any interest though in other UFA to be (isn't Dvorak one??).... but picks and prospects for a soon to be UFA, in a new NHL where there are no compensation picks for lost group III UFAs, are always valuable.

And the goalie market should be a buyer's market come deadline time.

UFA goalies that have been rumoured to be on the block this season - or could be available for a short term pickup: Roloson, Fernandez, Joseph, Kolzig, Nabokov, Toskala. Other goalies (RFAs) that have been rumoured to be on the move: Biron, Noronen, Denis, Raycroft.

I don't think there are that many teams that are looking for goaltending... if any team that has a UFA to be that tells another team to get lost when there is an offer of a pick and prospect on the table, could just as easily lose out in getting anything at all for that asset.
Your list of goalies is misleading. Roloson OR Fernandez will go, likewise Nabokov OR Toskala and Biron OR Noronen. Kolzig may not be on the move as Washington thinks about signing him to an extension. Raycroft and Denis are both not on the level of Roloson, while SJ and Phx are both just 6 points back of a playoff spot meaning they are unlikely to trade a starting goalie to a Western Conference team that is competing with them for a spot.

With the uneven goalie play this season, the likelihood of injuries as players get worn down after not playing last year (especially those in the Olympics) it is unlikely that any teams will drop out of the market for a goalie.

The question isn't whether picks/prospects are valuable, it is a question of can you get more. I would have to say that a good goalie is worth more than Petr Sykora was, and he went for a pretty good defensive prospect, one rated higher than Chorney who is also NHL ready.

Old
01-24-2006, 10:04 AM
Pepper

Dvorak and 4th is really nothing for a goalie like Roloson, even as a rent.

there are so many teams looking for a new goalie and Roloson is one of the best availalbe that his value is going to be higher than that.

The reason Oilers are still lacking a real no.1 goalie is the fact that they are not ready to dish out the assets needed to get a good goalie. If they keep offering Dvorak and 4th for guy like Roloson, they are not going to improve their goaltending situation.

Old
01-24-2006, 10:08 AM
strokes555

Torres, Moreau, Schremp and 1st, 2nd

for Roloson and Gaborik

Old
01-24-2006, 10:10 AM
Slats432

Quote:
And geez, I thought the 36th overall pick in last year's draft PLUS a third in this draft would be half decent for a UFA.

From Edmonton:

If that isn't enough, keep him and lose him for zero in the offseason.

Old
01-24-2006, 10:12 AM
Pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432
And geez, I thought the 36th overall pick in last year's draft PLUS a third in this draft would be half decent for a UFA.

From Edmonton:

Or watch him go to Canucks or some other rival.

Old
01-24-2006, 10:25 AM
oil slick

Quote:
It's just a game of brinksmanship I guess. Lowe is betting that as the deadline gets closer that Minny/Boston/Buffalo will flinch and pull the trigger, and those teams are hoping that someone will step up and pay.

I guess it comes down to the play of Auld and Aebischer and a few others as to whether another team will also step up.

Old
01-24-2006, 11:01 AM
sunb

The only players in the bid for Roloson's services are realistically, Vancouver, Edmonton, Colorado and Tampa Bay.

Colorado and Tampa Bay's needs aren't even that bad. Edmonton and Vancouver also have other options such as Kolzig, Thibault, Theodore, Biron, Noronen et al. Roloson may fetch a decent prospect + a 2nd rounder + a future considerations that may churn out another mid-level prospect.

From the Canucks, I'd offer Kiril Koltsov + 2nd rounder + future considerations. If we advance to the 3rd round, we add in Brett Skinner or Jason King.

Old
01-24-2006, 11:17 AM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by slats432

From Edmonton:

He doesn't help Edmonton at all this season if they don't get him until next season.

I'd rather lose him for nothing than help a rival for too low a return (not that I'm commenting on any proposals.. I'd be interested in a deal involving Chorney, but I'm not sure the Wild would).

When it comes to deadline deals, you gotta evaluate more than just the players/picks exchanging. A lot of it depends on how much someone's willing to pay to get further into the playoffs. Winning a round you might otherwise lose could be worth more than people expect.

Last edited by ceber: 01-24-2006 at 11:23 AM.
Old
01-24-2006, 11:51 AM
illogic

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokes555
Torres, Moreau, Schremp and 1st, 2nd

for Roloson and Gaborik
No way Minny lets Gaborik go to a division rival. No chance at all.

Old
01-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Magnus Fulgur

Rollie should be going to Tampa or Montreal.

Old
01-24-2006, 12:43 PM
Injektilo

Send a message via MSN to Injektilo
Quote:

The thing is, edmonton has a more dire need for a goalie than any of the other teams looking for one, so they'll be the team offering more.
I don't know what the equivalent of Chorney+3rd is to Vancouver, but why would they offer more value than Edmonton if they don't need a goalie as badly as Edmonton?

Tampa and Colorado need a goalie even less than Edm and Van. They could still use some upgrade, but if it's not an obvious upgrade, they're not gonna offer much for one.

Old
01-24-2006, 02:02 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
From Edmonton

Taylor Chorney and a 3rd

make it chorney and a 2nd and you got a deal

Old
01-24-2006, 02:16 PM
aspin

Quote:
From Edmonton

Taylor Chorney and a 3rd

or

Dvorak and a 4th
Are you kidding me? Why in the world would you trade Chorney for 3 months of Rolson? Chorney is not going anywhere. He is the best defense prospect we have. He will play for 20 years in the NHL and you are going to give that up for 3 months of Rolson....holy cow....and a third? I would only give a third for Rolson. I would give more for Kolzig. Rolson has not played behind a team that does not play the trap in a long time. Who knows how he would do.

Old
01-24-2006, 02:20 PM
aspin

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
Never heard of Chorney...I assume he is a midlevel prospect, so change the 3rd to a 2nd and it might be enough.

Why would a non-playoff team like Minnesota want to rent Dvorak? Minnesota doesn't want a UFA they want prospects/picks.
Never heard of Chorney hey? Guess you never watched any of the WJCs. He is not going to Minnesota unless he is in a deal for Gaborik. You would have to throw a lot more than Rolson for Chorney. He is one of the best rookie defencemen in college this year. I am embarrassed that a Oiler poster would propose that deal. He is the only reason Lowe traded both Woywitka and Lynch.

Closed Thread