HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Murray needs to go.

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2006, 02:44 AM
Venom_17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Dear god no! Why?! Not only was he completely unprofessional when he was the Kings coach, don't forget that he was the one at the helm of Toronto when year after year they traded their prospects for aging stars....
You know what, you are right. Not only that, but PQ hasn't developed squat in terms of young players.

Old
01-25-2006, 02:47 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
I can't wait til they recant that "best team since" statement, citing Valeri Bure's inability to play...

Old
01-25-2006, 02:48 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_17
You know what, you are right. Not only that, but PQ hasn't developed squat in terms of young players.
yeah, Steen, Kronwall, Coliacovo... chopped liver... Stajan... Tellqvist... forget it...

Old
01-25-2006, 03:21 AM
PrivateFubar

Give me a break, a tough loss and all of a sudden all of the "boo-birds" come out. "AM's got to go.." blah, blah, blah

I'm just as disappointed in our performance tonight and the fact we took a loss against a divisional team. But I haven't forgotten that when we had ALL of our players (not counting Bure), we were in first place in the Pacific for the majority of the first half.

Call me when we get Belanger, Roenick, Demitra, and Miller back, and then we continue to lose like we did tonight. Until then, please consider giving this excessive negativity and complaining adnausium after a loss the rest is deserves.

Old
01-25-2006, 03:49 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrivateFubar
please consider giving this excessive negativity and complaining adnausium after a loss the rest is deserves.
ad nauseum...

but throw that game onto the same stinking heap with the Ducks game, in which they were thoroughly out played... the Thrashers game, which had them give up 6 goals... the Tampa game, where they flat out sucked eggs... and of course, the Buffalo game...

Yes, they got 2 wins out of this latest grouping of games, but they have not exactly dominated defensively in any of them, and when April comes around, they had better be doing their best impersonations of Archie Bell and the Drells!

Special teams suck... Creativity from the coaching staff is non-existant, and Derek Armstrong spending all that time cycling makes me add nauseum to my list of maladies while watching this team play.

Old
01-25-2006, 03:51 AM
Osprey

Quote:
I'm just as disappointed in our performance tonight and the fact we took a loss against a divisional team. But I haven't forgotten that when we had ALL of our players (not counting Bure), we were in first place in the Pacific for the majority of the first half.
The Flyers have been hit by major injuries, as well, and they still lead their division. The Sabres have also been injured (and they had less skill to begin with) and they're 2nd in the league on the PP and on the PK. Take a look at the Sabres roster and player stats. They have only 6 players with at least 10 goals; the Kings have 11. Tell me that they have much more talent than the Kings and that the Kings couldn't achieve PP and PK %s like that.

Last edited by Osprey: 01-25-2006 at 03:56 AM.
Old
01-25-2006, 09:17 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

And ofcourse the Flyers went out and aquired Nedved, Taylor has once again done nothing.

And there are clearly players who could help the Kings who are on the block, especially on struggling Eastern teams like the Islanders and Bruins.

But instead we are stuck watching ilk like Cowan every game and wonder why we cant score goals.

Old
01-25-2006, 09:43 AM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Give me a break, a tough loss and all of a sudden all of the "boo-birds" come out. "AM's got to go.." blah, blah, blah

Call me when we get Belanger, Roenick, Demitra, and Miller back, and then we continue to lose like we did tonight. Until then, please consider giving this excessive negativity and complaining adnausium after a loss the rest is deserves.
I guess you haven't watched any other game in January except the Boston game? And do you think that Miller is all that is needed to fix the D? Roenick was useless before his injury, but now he'll be a game breaker? Demitra was good but how long before he and Ebel are back on IR?

We are still in the playoff picture, but can you honestly look at this team and believe than can contend? If not, what changes need to be made in order for this to happen? You're an optimist, I'm sure you have some ideas.

Old
01-25-2006, 09:53 AM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
Yes, they got 2 wins out of this latest grouping of games, but they have not exactly dominated defensively in any of them, and when April comes around, they had better be doing their best impersonations of Archie Bell and the Drells!
They not only sing, but they dance just as good as they walk?

Old
01-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
yeah, Steen, Kronwall, Coliacovo... chopped liver... Stajan... Tellqvist... forget it...
All would've been traded if Quinn was still the GM.

Old
01-25-2006, 10:19 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Leiweke put the entire staff on the line with his comments of having the best Kings team since the 1993 LA Kings. Maybe if they had the JR and Luc of 1993...

and in turn, the Kings have produced points like no other Kings team since then.

It's January people. Everyone is acting like the Kings are out of the picture instead of being 1 point out of the division lead.

Old
01-25-2006, 10:46 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
He didn't develop the first three...they just fell into his lap...he didn't do anything to bring them along, he just gave ice time to.......heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Old
01-25-2006, 10:48 AM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
and in turn, the Kings have produced points like no other Kings team since then.

It's January people. Everyone is acting like the Kings are out of the picture instead of being 1 point out of the division lead.
It's been said before. ARE YOU WATCHING THESE GAMES? You're liking their effort? You think more injuries won't happen? Nothing dictates that when guys come off the IR that it is going to be the end of injuries for this team. History is repeating its self once again. Does this team need improvement? When healthy did this team need improvement? Is the coaching staff doing the best with what's its got? How about those line combos, like them? If you been watching these games these answers should be a piece of cake.

Old
01-25-2006, 10:57 AM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514

Good point.

What is wrong with you people? Didn't the Kings break our own team record for the most points in the first half the season? Arn't the Kings 5th in the West and 2nd in the Pacific with the 3rd best offense in the West even after a horde of major injuries?

But I suppose standings, wins, or goals don't matter right? Only PP percentages .

Old
01-25-2006, 11:10 AM
Face Wash

Very predictable this thread is with many of the usual suspects... Some of you people always have to have something to cry about... it's amazing. It's a very LGK-like thing to do. Kinda sad really...

Old
01-25-2006, 11:11 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
Very predictable this thread is with many of the usual suspects... Some of you people always have to have something to cry about... it's amazing. It's a very LGK-like thing to do. Kinda sad really...
ohhh...go ahead...play the LGK card....

Old
01-25-2006, 11:13 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25
ohhh...go ahead...play the LGK card....
If it does not fit, you must acquit!

Old
01-25-2006, 11:30 AM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
So it only goes one way? Same people always saying were not that bad, if we didn't have any injuries we'd be right up there with the good teams. It's not AM's fault that we're not scoring, giving up too many goals, have crappy special teams, have poor line matchups(at home), too many turnovers, too many bad decisions on the ice. Same people say "hey, we have a playoff spot, we're _____ in the west and _____in the Pacific. Same people you say next year we may be better because so-and-so will be healthy.

Because if it ain't broke why fix it, right? Who's sad, people who want improvements and not satisfied with mediocrety or those that defend the status quo?

Old
01-25-2006, 11:30 AM
Kearney

It seems like everyone here (noted exception: FaceWash) is subscribing to Osprey's Axiom:

When players play well, it is to their own credit.
When players play poorly, it is the coach's fault.

Old
01-25-2006, 11:31 AM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite
Good point.

What is wrong with you people? Didn't the Kings break our own team record for the most points in the first half the season? Arn't the Kings 5th in the West and 2nd in the Pacific with the 3rd best offense in the West even after a horde of major injuries?

But I suppose standings, wins, or goals don't matter right? Only PP percentages .
You must be a Charger fan? You like Marty ball?

Old
01-25-2006, 11:37 AM
Kearney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
His head games are affecting our core players (Robitaille, Cammalleri, Frolov).
I would genuinely like to have some specific examples of 'head games' that are different than the behavior of other successful coaches. (please don't refer to the writing assignment of 4 years ago that coincided with the team's huge turnaround)

Not being antagonistic. I'd really like to know.

Old
01-25-2006, 11:46 AM
Tadite

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
You must be a Charger fan? You like Marty ball?

I don't like pro football all that much.

What is good enough? It almost seems we could win the Pacific, go 2+ rounds in the playoffs, and we still would have people screaming about the coaching.

I would like to point out not one major hockey newspaper/reporter picked the Kings to be this good. So if non-biased people are looking at our team and going its the coaching thats maximizing the talent... Then just maybe they are right.

People harpe on AM constantly. But can you really think of all that many past Kings coaches you would rather have?

Old
01-25-2006, 11:48 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I think many people here overreacted over this single loss and are fed up losing (and getting dominated) by a lower seeded Sharks team for the umpteenth time. There are also those with pent up anger/rage just waiting for a game like this where the Kings fell flat to let the venom spew.

It is also frustrating for the fans of the team to watch this team continuously lose games due to inept special teams, especially a powerplay so bad; they allowed as many shots as they took on a 5 minute powerplay.

The Kings have been performing inconsistently recently after winning their first two games in 2006 against Dallas and Phoenix. They lost their next two against division rivals (SJ and ANA), followed by a big win in Boston, then an even bigger loss in Buffalo and a flat performance against the Tampa Bay Lightning in another losing effort. The Kings bounce back to score a win against the hot Thrashers, blow a lead by giving up a late goal in the 3rd period and then lose the game in OT once again in the closing seconds. They come back to win against the Ducks, and with last nights loss to San Jose, the Kings have a record of 5-5-1 so far in 2006.

Teams behind the Kings are gaining ground, while the Kings are tottering to hold their position in the standings. Don't forget that the Kings have played the most amount of games (52) thus far.

There is a specific area of concern that Taylor did acknowledge before the start of the season, and it was on defense. Dave Taylor publicly said in the newspapers that he was looking to add another defenseman. He knows that the Kings need help on the blueline, but has yet to address it.

The fans want to see the Kings keep improving. Obviously, they aren't going to win every game, but there is a lack of consistency in their performance that is frustrating those who support the team. The one thing they have been consistent with is their dreadful performance with the man-advantage.

With that said, I do believe people calling for the coaching staff to be removed at this point in the season are having a knee-jerk reaction.

Last edited by Ziggy Stardust: 01-25-2006 at 12:02 PM.
Old
01-25-2006, 11:59 AM
SLang

I agree Ziggy. When you look at it, really, the Kings just need some tweaks to be right there come playoff time.

1. Let some of these injuries heal.
2. Get just one solid defenseman (hopefully a PP QB - see #3).
3. FIX THE POWER PLAY!

Old
01-25-2006, 12:05 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:

But I suppose standings, wins, or goals don't matter right? Only PP percentages
Fine, let's look at the last 10 games:

4 wins
1/5 Phoenix - nice win against the 12th seed in the West
1/12 Boston - dominant win against the 11th seed in the East
1/19 Atlanta - nice come from behind win against the 8th seed in the East
1/23 Anaheim- IMO outplayed by the 10th seed in the West, but SO winner

1 OT loss
1/21 San Jose - totally gagged away in the last minute of regulation to #9 seed

5 losses
1/7 San Jose - gagged away a 2-0 lead to lose 3-2. SJ was last in the Pacific at the time
1/9 Anaheim - badly outplayed by the 10th seed Ducks 6-2
1/14 Buffalo - embarrassed 10-1 by the #4 seed in the East
1/17 Tampa Bay - outhustled and outskated by the #7 seed in the East when most expected a rebound after Buffalo
1/24 San Jose - completely dominated by the Sharks. Not even close

During this time, the PP was 7 for 61 or 11.5%. For the season, Chicago is currently last at 12.9%

The PK was 49 for 63 or 77.8%. That would also rank last compared to the Penguins, currently last for the season at 78.3%

It's not like the Kings have been playing the cream of the NHL. In fact, they have been playing the mediocre middle, yet have 4 games where they were humiliated in just the last 10 games.

Closed Thread