HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

``I liked our competitive level, but we just wore ourselves out.''

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Captain Ron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFan24
It wasn't only a back-to-back, but also a 3rd game in 4 days. You can't win them all, and it's even more unrealistic (as a fan) to expect to win every game when you're missing so many important parts to your team (of which they are missing 5, in my view, the four injured players + the additional defenseman that they desperately need to acquire).
Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Next thing we will be hearing that the Kings can't be blamed for the loss because it was a full moon.

Seriously, I just dispelled the whole back to back excuse.

Want me to dispell the injury one as well?

On January 19th the Kings played against the Atlanta Thrashers and scored 8 goals. Which matched their season high.

They did it without the following players in the lineup.

Roenick
Demitra
Frolov
Miller
Belanger

On January 12th the Kings beat the Boston Bruins 6-0 without these players....

Roenick
Demitra
Miller
Belanger
(pretty much the same team the Kings had last night.)

On January 5th the Kings beat Phoenix 4-0 without these players....

Roenick
Miller
Belanger

Demitra played in this game but was pretty much non-existent in the outcome of the game.

So this team is capable of great things. Even without the "important" parts of the team missing.

Also do not forget that this team has been horrible on the powerplay even when fully healthy. What excuse can be made for that?

I am just sick of hearing excuses that have no basis in fact.

Old
01-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Fat Elvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer
Did anyone else notice that Murray was visibly shaking behind the bench toward the end of the second period?
KB, that's called good coaching in action right there. You see, a good coach knows when to shake his head and also at what speed the head needs to skake. There is also a debate about the correct angle the head needs to be in order to get the full effect of the head shake. Something like this may be too fast and you need very big eyes. Larry Robinson would include color change into his head shake. There, a bright or deep red is best.

Old
01-25-2006, 02:11 PM
guzmania

I'm not using it as an excuse, I am saying that Murray's quote about wearing themselves out (on the kill) exacerbated the lack of rest. I think we could at least consider that as a proper response to what happened. Blowing up the coach would not be a good response.

Also when Jeff Giuliano, and Mike Weaver are playing at 110% every night just to stay in the league there are going to be moments when they are going to slip to 65%. God Bless 'em, there sure isn't any listlessnes in their game. But there comes a time when the powers that be must step up and provide the means for this team to be good. A forward and a defenseman. A better Power play system. More committment from Frolov and other young guys.

I like the way the way the team has responded over the course of the season. I also think the last couple of weeks show that standing pat is the wrong thing to do. I think Murray is an exceptional coach and it would be a bad move to relieve him of his duties.

Last night the penalties in the first killed us. The Sharks a much better team than their record shows, and since the Thornton trade are playing at the elite level. AHL level "good guys" playing their hardest on a back to back just will never be able to keep up. At least that's my perspective at noon the next day.

Last edited by guzmania: 01-25-2006 at 02:27 PM.
Old
01-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Goallum

Allright, Spongebob. I'm convinced - you win! Fire everyone and trade everyone!

Old
01-25-2006, 02:23 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmania
The Sharks (are) a much better team than their record shows
....and the Kings clearly aren't as good as their record shows

Old
01-25-2006, 02:27 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
I just had a most frightening thought. While reading an article about Ottawa and Doug Weight, it mentions that teams like Florida and Columbus will start purging immediately. I looked at Florida's roster and realized...

DAVE TAYLOR WILL RE-ACQUIRE STUMPEL.

and no amount of projectile vomiting could make me stop thinking that it's just the kind of move he'd make. A veteran forward that can be plugged into AM's "system" and provide "leadership" blah blah blah...

Kill me now.

Old
01-25-2006, 02:32 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

The return of the Beast from Nitra!

Old
01-25-2006, 02:35 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFan24
Allright, Spongebob. I'm convinced - you win! Fire everyone and trade everyone!
I knew I could break you.

I don't think the Kings should trade everyone. I actually think given the right leadership these guys could blossom in the NHL. I am just convinced that Murray is not providing that leadership.

Old
01-25-2006, 02:44 PM
guzmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP
....and the Kings clearly aren't as good as their record shows
Not right now they're not. Everybody else in the division has added someone but us. The Ducks and Sharks and 'Yotes are much better than when the season started. We are decrepid by comparison. We've only lost people.

Old
01-25-2006, 02:58 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
I just had a most frightening thought. While reading an article about Ottawa and Doug Weight, it mentions that teams like Florida and Columbus will start purging immediately. I looked at Florida's roster and realized...

DAVE TAYLOR WILL RE-ACQUIRE STUMPEL.

and no amount of projectile vomiting could make me stop thinking that it's just the kind of move he'd make. A veteran forward that can be plugged into AM's "system" and provide "leadership" blah blah blah...

Kill me now.
He's tried that once to no avail, he wont do it again. He'd be hunted down like Frankenstein....

Old
01-25-2006, 03:08 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzmania
Not right now they're not. Everybody else in the division has added someone but us. The Ducks and Sharks and 'Yotes are much better than when the season started. We are decrepid by comparison. We've only lost people.
Doesn't it bother you that the Sharks, Ducks, 'Yotes, Stars (there's the entire Pacific there) and Avs have gotten better as the season has gone on, others (like the Preds and Wings) have stayed consistently awesome and the Kings, in contrast, have been very slowly going downhill?

Old
01-25-2006, 03:23 PM
guzmania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Doesn't it bother you that the Sharks, Ducks, 'Yotes, Stars (there's the entire Pacific there) and Avs have gotten better as the season has gone on, others (like the Preds and Wings) have stayed consistently awesome and the Kings, in contrast, have been very slowly going downhill?
Ya think? Kinda been on the bandwagon for another D for months and when Demitra went down got on the Forward wagon. Injuries have brought us back to the pack. No move from management. An artificial cap lower than the leagues mandated cap. All these things are adding up to set the stage for mediocre performances. There just isn't any high quality help in Manchester. Plugs and stop-gaps only. Garon put the team on his back and carried it for a couple of weeks but that can only go on so long.

Old
01-25-2006, 03:58 PM
Osprey

Ah, sorry, guz. I thought that you were excusing the Kings' problems.

Old
01-25-2006, 08:41 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Do all of the apologists guarantee a Kings victory tomorrow since Edmonton plays tonight? They are bound to be exhaused after back to back games and 3 games in 4 days.....

Yeah, right

Old
01-25-2006, 09:19 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP
Do all of the apologists guarantee a Kings victory tomorrow since Edmonton plays tonight? They are bound to be exhaused after back to back games and 3 games in 4 days.....

Yeah, right
You should've learned long time ago that you can't guarantee a victory in hockey...

Closed Thread