HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Daddy Lindros gets involved.....

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2003, 08:55 AM
JR#9*

vCash: 500
Daddy Lindros gets involved.....

Just wanted to add alittle tidbit on the Lindros front.

My friend is an X-RAY tech here in the city and some of his co-workers are the ones who work MSG for the games.

He said that they did the X-RAY and it showed the sprain but that it was a very minor one, something that doesn't warrant close to being out a month and supposively this was said by Feldman but that Carl Lindros felt differently and was going more towards being out the month as oppossed to a shorter period of time.

He said his coworker even said voices started getting raised b/w Feldman and Carl Lindros.

Hopefully the injury isn't that major and he can get back in 2 weeks as oppossed to 4 and I don't think it's that big a deal with Daddy Lindros getting involved.We'll see how it plays out but being that Eric is paid on a per game basis as well as him having to have a monster yr to secure his next contract wherever it may be.

Just wanted to throw it out there and guys can take it for what they want but just as I had posted about Bure 2 days before the papers did about what happened at Feldmans as well as posting about Leetchs setback last week and how Feldman said it would be another month 2 days before the papers reported it so do with it what you will but the story is legit not that it's a big deal.

Old
10-22-2003, 08:58 AM
True Blue

I've been wondering where Carl & Bonnie had dieappeared to. They have been a little too quite during the past several year. You knew that before Eric's stint with the Rangers would be over, that Carl would make at least one appearance.

Old
10-22-2003, 09:07 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
I've been wondering where Carl & Bonnie had dieappeared to. They have been a little too quite during the past several year. You knew that before Eric's stint with the Rangers would be over, that Carl would make at least one appearance.
Bonnie is usually more the trouble maker than Carl. I'm sure Clarke is chuckling somewhere and thinking, thank God it's someone else.

You would think that the parents would have learned to let go by now, the guy is 30 years old.

Old
10-22-2003, 10:10 AM
Fletch

Is it that uncommon...

for an 'agent' to get involved with his client's affairs? Of course this agent, being his father, may be too involved.

Old
10-22-2003, 10:46 AM
JR#9*

"It depends on his pain threshold and how quickly it heals,'' said Sather, the Rangers' general manager/coach. "He doesn't need surgery, so that's good.'' --Slats from Journal News today.

Gives some credit to the story my friend told me having Slats bring Eric pain threshold into the equation.

Old
10-22-2003, 12:07 PM
kazo

Not that I doubt the information, but I just wonder how everyone from
x-ray techs to the Ranger team physcian is privy to this information. Don't people get fired for divulging medical records of any sort?

Old
10-22-2003, 12:35 PM
JR#9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazo
Not that I doubt the information, but I just wonder how everyone from
x-ray techs to the Ranger team physcian is privy to this information. Don't people get fired for divulging medical records of any sort?
Here we go again.

And that's not directed at you specifacly Kazo as every time I post one of these this is what everybody comes back with.

Do you guys REALLY think doctors or for that matter X-RAY techs don't BS about such things as these with outside people???I mean really.

It's not that big a deal and if anybody is so sensative about the subject I can just delete the thread.

Just thought I'd pass along the HARMLESS info to some fellow NYR fans but every time I do somebody complains about Patients rights.

Old
10-22-2003, 12:47 PM
kazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
Here we go again.

And that's not directed at you specifacly Kazo as every time I post one of these this is what everybody comes back with.

Do you guys REALLY think doctors or for that matter X-RAY techs don't BS about such things as these with outside people???I mean really.

It's not that big a deal and if anybody is so sensative about the subject I can just delete the thread.

Just thought I'd pass along the HARMLESS info to some fellow NYR fans but every time I do somebody complains about Patients rights.
Take it easy, JR. Not doubting what you say just that I find it pretty amazing that high profile patients' records are discussed in such an offanded manner.

Old
10-22-2003, 12:53 PM
JR#9*

As I said Kazo it's not that I'm really directing it all at you but the FACT of the matter is , YES patients records are not 100% confidential as they are suppossed to be and YES, dioctors do discuss patients with people that have no buisness knowing about them, especially when it's athletes and situations such as this where we aren't talking about him being treated for a life threating disease or something.

And this wasn't even Feldman talking but rather an X-=RAY tech telling a coworker about what happened and being that he knows I'm a bigtime NYR fan he told me the story.

Not a big deal but I figured it would be of interest but if people are that uncomortable with something like this I'll just delete it as I did the other day in regards to Leetch and what Feldman had to say.

Old
10-22-2003, 01:23 PM
kazo

Quote:
As I said Kazo it's not that I'm really directing it all at you but the FACT of the matter is , YES patients records are not 100% confidential as they are suppossed to be and YES, dioctors do discuss patients with people that have no buisness knowing about them, especially when it's athletes and situations such as this where we aren't talking about him being treated for a life threating disease or something.

And this wasn't even Feldman talking but rather an X-=RAY tech telling a coworker about what happened and being that he knows I'm a bigtime NYR fan he told me the story.

Not a big deal but I figured it would be of interest but if people are that uncomortable with something like this I'll just delete it as I did the other day in regards to Leetch and what Feldman had to say.
For the record, it doesn't bother me one way or the other. Sorry if I made more of it that I should have.

Old
10-22-2003, 02:11 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Just wanted to add alittle tidbit on the Lindros front.

My friend is an X-RAY tech here in the city and some of his co-workers are the ones who work MSG for the games.

He said that they did the X-RAY and it showed the sprain but that it was a very minor one, something that doesn't warrant close to being out a month and supposively this was said by Feldman but that Carl Lindros felt differently and was going more towards being out the month as oppossed to a shorter period of time.

He said his coworker even said voices started getting raised b/w Feldman and Carl Lindros.

Hopefully the injury isn't that major and he can get back in 2 weeks as oppossed to 4 and I don't think it's that big a deal with Daddy Lindros getting involved.We'll see how it plays out but being that Eric is paid on a per game basis as well as him having to have a monster yr to secure his next contract wherever it may be.

Just wanted to throw it out there and guys can take it for what they want but just as I had posted about Bure 2 days before the papers did about what happened at Feldmans as well as posting about Leetchs setback last week and how Feldman said it would be another month 2 days before the papers reported it so do with it what you will but the story is legit not that it's a big deal.
wow a parent worrying about a childs wellbeing oh my god this is terrible. guess what guys parents always worry about the health of there kids! from the time they are born until forever and forever after that. if you dont belive me give you parents a call.

Old
10-22-2003, 02:15 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Here we go again.

no i honestly dont think doctors or nurses gossip about a patients health. you may not realize this but doctors take an oath forbidding stuff like this. I doubt a doctor or nurse would risk there license discussing an injury. a side note is your friend should be fired for even discussing this with you.

Old
10-22-2003, 06:07 PM
ddheyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
no i honestly dont think doctors or nurses gossip about a patients health. you may not realize this but doctors take an oath forbidding stuff like this. I doubt a doctor or nurse would risk there license discussing an injury. a side note is your friend should be fired for even discussing this with you.
I don't think they care enough about a "sprained shoulder" to gossip about it ... doesn't seem like a big enough deal ... maybe the celeb issue is why, but seems a little strange.

Old
10-23-2003, 05:01 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
You need to get into reality there Jar-Jar.

If your fool enough to think something like this that involves an athlete or a celebrity isn't talked about by doctors but even more so nurses or other personel in the office or wherever then you are more than alittle niave.

Especially when it's as harmless as info on a sprained shoulder on a star hockey player.

As for my firend being fired, he wasn't the X-RAY guy there and even if he was stop your little girl whining and worry about something that matters.

Old
10-23-2003, 12:48 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Gullible is on the ceiling.

They do take an oath, but walk around a hospital for a few hours. See how much you hear about patients. They are even forbidden to do that.. but it still happens.

Old
10-23-2003, 01:08 PM
RANGER#11

Quote:
What world are you living in? everyone is just so honest and never discuss anything. And there is never anyone listening in.

Old
10-23-2003, 06:22 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
You need to get into reality there Jar-Jar.

If your fool enough to think something like this that involves an athlete or a celebrity isn't talked about by doctors but even more so nurses or other personel in the office or wherever then you are more than alittle niave.

Especially when it's as harmless as info on a sprained shoulder on a star hockey player.

As for my firend being fired, he wasn't the X-RAY guy there and even if he was stop your little girl whining and worry about something that matters.
its wrong to gossip about a patients health. its againts everything in the hyppocratic oath a doctor or nurse would lose there licsence for gossping about a patient. maybe in your little world its ok to spread rumors about somebody but in my little world its not. i find it laughable that anybody thinks this is ok. eric lindros deserves to have a private life. sorry you cant understand that. by the way does your friend work at lennox hill hospital?

Old
10-23-2003, 06:48 PM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Quote:
its wrong to gossip about a patients health. its againts everything in the hyppocratic oath a doctor or nurse would lose there licsence for gossping about a patient. maybe in your little world its ok to spread rumors about somebody but in my little world its not. i find it laughable that anybody thinks this is ok. eric lindros deserves to have a private life. sorry you cant understand that. by the way does your friend work at lennox hill hospital?
LOL you know this is a Celebrity we're talking about right?

Old
10-24-2003, 04:32 AM
JR#9*

Quote:
. maybe in your little world its ok to spread rumors about somebody but in my little world its not. i find it laughable that anybody thinks this is ok. eric lindros deserves to have a private life. sorry you cant understand that.

?
Well it's obvious that "your little world" has nothing to do with reality.

I really can't be bothered getting into it with a guy like you b/c it's not worth it.Like most stuff you post here I'll just ignore it.

Old
10-24-2003, 05:23 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Well it's obvious that "your little world" has nothing to do with reality.

I really can't be bothered getting into it with a guy like you b/c it's not worth it.Like most stuff you post here I'll just ignore it.
you cant get into it because you are dead wrong to post something like this. im still waiting for it to appear in the papers. but lindros says he will be back in two weeks. lets see believe the player or some obnoxious poster on a message board. i think lindros knows his body better than your friend

Closed Thread