HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

MARIO LEMIEUX The Best Ever DVD ?

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2006, 11:31 AM
nyisles4life

vCash: 500
MARIO LEMIEUX The Best Ever DVD ?

besides ebay is there anywhere i can get it? i have had a few bad experiences paying for and never recieving items on ebay. thanks for any help on getting this dvd.

Old
01-25-2006, 01:03 PM
Jaded-Fan

I have the capability of copying mine, but I am fairly sure that the Pens would frown on that. I can tell you that it is an eye opener. I saw a good majority of the games Mario ever played, from his very first shift, and my memory did not do justice to what was shown on that DVD - and I am sure that they could have filled 20 more DVD's with similar. Anyone who thinks that Messier for instance was better really should watch Mario in his prime sometime, then come back and tell me how Mario pales in comparison again.

Old
01-25-2006, 01:21 PM
Masao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan
Anyone who thinks that Messier for instance was better
I don't think anyone seriously thinks Messier was ever really "better" than Lemieux. He just had a better carrer (ie, higher total points, more cups...). It's not the same thing as saying he's better.

Old
01-25-2006, 01:43 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masao Kishin
I don't think anyone seriously thinks Messier was ever really "better" than Lemieux. He just had a better carrer (ie, higher total points, more cups...). It's not the same thing as saying he's better.

I do not agree with the better career part. Unless you define a career solely by number of cups won by the TEAM that you were one. Just because he was a Cog on some pretty dynamic teams who won cups, and played a nice role on those teams, does not make him a legend of the game. His teaa mate for many of those years, Gretzky is a legend of the game. Mario was too. There is a small handful that fit that definition regarding their careers. Messier is in a tier below, and I have no clue how anyone could argue otherwise. It is pretty obvious to me.

Last edited by Jaded-Fan: 01-25-2006 at 01:51 PM.
Old
01-25-2006, 02:00 PM

I was at the TB game too so I was lucky enough to get this DVD. I was looking around for one for a friend and found it at Lemieux's site. The price might be a little bit steep for a DVD but it is well worth it. Hundreds of awesome goals, maybe 200 to 300 with the play by play. Very well made and a great job by the Pens on this.

Old
01-25-2006, 03:46 PM
Masao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded-Fan
I do not agree with the better career part. Unless you define a career solely by number of cups won by the TEAM that you were one. Just because he was a Cog on some pretty dynamic teams who won cups, and played a nice role on those teams, does not make him a legend of the game. His teaa mate for many of those years, Gretzky is a legend of the game. Mario was too. There is a small handful that fit that definition regarding their careers. Messier is in a tier below, and I have no clue how anyone could argue otherwise. It is pretty obvious to me.
It's all a question of interpretation. "Better career" does not mean the same thing to everyone. Quite a pity, really...

Old
01-25-2006, 04:31 PM
clefty
Crazy in the Coconut

If a Longer Career = Better career, those people might have a point. Messier just never dominated the league, while Mario did for 10 years. There's just no way Messier has done the things that Lemieux has done and its not just the Conn Smythe's and the Hart's. Its the comebacks from adversity, the dragging the franchise back from oblivion and just the sheer starpower- he has essentially made countless of local Pittsburgh hockey players. There's one reason there is a NHL team in Pittsburgh: Mario Lemieux. If thats not a better career, the I'm a pre-teen Swedish boy.

Lemieux's only peer is Gretzky, and even then Lemieux is the greatest to me. People can yell and scream otherwise to me until they're blue in the face about Gretzky's stats or about Bobby Orr (I've notice that calling him the best ever has become trendy over the last couple of years) but I'm not interested. My mind is made up.

Old
01-25-2006, 04:33 PM
clefty
Crazy in the Coconut

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66
I was at the TB game too so I was lucky enough to get this DVD. I was looking around for one for a friend and found it at Lemieux's site. The price might be a little bit steep for a DVD but it is well worth it. Hundreds of awesome goals, maybe 200 to 300 with the play by play. Very well made and a great job by the Pens on this.
Some of those shipping costs are outrageous.
http://www.mariolemieux.com/index.ph...=shopping_cart

Click on Estimate Shipping and select that you're from Europe, Sweden or something.

Old
01-25-2006, 06:40 PM
MAF
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty

Click on Estimate Shipping and select that you're from Europe, Sweden or something.
Outrageous ? Up to $160 for a jersey ???

Germany is one of the better countries in the world and we have a pretty good postal service. In some European countries you have to pay $230 for shipping !!!

Old
01-25-2006, 07:17 PM
DJmastamind

$230 for shipping

I understand your overseas but WOW!
What are you shipping?

Old
01-25-2006, 09:07 PM
clefty
Crazy in the Coconut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAF
Outrageous ? Up to $160 for a jersey ???

Germany is one of the better countries in the world and we have a pretty good postal service. In some European countries you have to pay $230 for shipping !!!
Sorry, but that is outrageous. a $25 DVD ends up costing you nearly $150 if you want it sent express. If you don't want it express, you still pay $107. Thats robbery.

And thats not taking exchange rates into accounts.

Old
01-25-2006, 10:09 PM
theflightlessbirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyisles4life
besides ebay is there anywhere i can get it? i have had a few bad experiences paying for and never recieving items on ebay. thanks for any help on getting this dvd.
They did sell it at the arena the last time i was there, but that was a while ago. If you cant make it to the arena see if they sell copies at the arena store and if they would ship you a copy.

Old
01-26-2006, 07:52 PM
MAF
Rookie User

Quote:
Sorry, but that is outrageous. a $25 DVD ends up costing you nearly $150 if you want it sent express. If you don't want it express, you still pay $107. Thats robbery.

And thats not taking exchange rates into accounts.
Sorry, I didn't mean it that way, but rather "outrageous is an understatement".

Old
01-26-2006, 08:00 PM
john g

How about I watch the DVD and gloat about its greatness. You can just pick up the vibes from my comments for free

Seriously that's a load of dough though for shipping. Just another example of keeping the Pens and Lemieux down (stupid import/export taxes )

Old
01-26-2006, 08:02 PM

Quote:

Jeez thats steep. Maybe all orders are packaged and shipped by Wayne Van Dorp.

Closed Thread