HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ivanaans(sp) for MONTREAL

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2006, 07:50 PM
FlyerFire

vCash: 500
Ivanaans(sp) for MONTREAL

hes their enforcer(just recalled) any good?

Old
01-25-2006, 09:01 PM
One-eyed Jack

No..He's just a goon. All of a sudden the Habs feel the need for added toughness, so they acquired Aaron Downey off waivers and recalled Ivanans. If I remember, Chara broke Ivanans' jaw in an early season game. I think he's been watching from the press box since his recall.

Old
01-25-2006, 09:30 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-eyed Jack
No..He's just a goon. All of a sudden the Habs feel the need for added toughness, so they acquired Aaron Downey off waivers and recalled Ivanans. If I remember, Chara broke Ivanans' jaw in an early season game. I think he's been watching from the press box since his recall.
Nope, Chara broke his orbital bone.

Old
01-25-2006, 09:41 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

He's got minimal skills but he is huge. I mean like disgustingly huge. He's 6'4" and 260+ lbs (and something like 8% body fat). He's a genetic freak, and he lifts 8 plates.

Yeah, Chara broke his face but it was a sucker punch. They got into it and both fell to the ice. The linesmen came in to break it up, and Chara got up first and suckered Ivanans in the face with a straight punch out of nowhere while Ivanans was still on his knees. It was nasty, you could see his teeth fly out of his mouth.

Old
01-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Herdin

Punching a guy in the orbital bone causes your teeth to fly out?

Old
01-25-2006, 10:00 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herdin
Punching a guy in the orbital bone causes your teeth to fly out?
Chara's hands are a big as roast chickens. If he punched you in the nads he'd probably break your orbital bone too.

Old
01-25-2006, 10:46 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

http://a123.g.akamai.net/f/123/12465...3784-53773.jpg

Here's a pic of Ivanans. Look at those arms!

Old
01-25-2006, 11:10 PM
goodrev

one thing is for sure and thats that he is a better enforcer than brashear is lol, even though he got his face broke that would mean he actually had to get into a fight so he is one step up in my book

Old
01-26-2006, 05:08 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Another couple of abilities he doesn't get much credit for:

1: he has a BIG slapshot but rarely ever uses it. Not sure of his accuracy (which may be why he rarely uses it) but he can get a lot of power into his shot when he decides to use it.

2: He is extremely fast (providing you want him to skate in a fairly straight line). Obviously, agility is far from a strong point, but once he gets going he has exceptional speed. I think when he played for the Hamilton Bulldogs last year, he won the fastest skater event at the team skill competition. I'm not sure how many players took part in it, but that year Plekanec, Higgins, A. Kostitsyn, Antti Miettinen and Trevor Daley were all on the Bulldogs roster (Montreal and Dallas shared Hamilton last year) and he won it.

Sure, he aint the best hockey player or the best enforcer, but he works hard, sticks up for his teammates and when Kostitsyn was in Hamilton last year and this, Ivanans was the only player who could talk with him in his native language so he has certainly been a useful guy to have around and i'm glad to see him get another chance in Montreal. As for the Chara fight, Chara looked like he was trying to square off with Begin (from what i remember) but Raitis stepped in which is what you want from a big guy like him.

Closed Thread