HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

GDT Game #50 1/26/06 Nashville at Minnesota 7:00 CST

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2006, 05:23 PM
  #1
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 22,755
vCash: 500
GDT Game #50 1/26/06 Nashville at Minnesota 7:00 CST

for teh win!

Dave is a killer is offline  
Old
01-25-2006, 10:49 PM
  #2
Radulov for Czar*
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,419
vCash: 500
This should be the game we take over first place in, as long as Vancouver can take care of business at the Joe.

Radulov for Czar* is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 04:59 AM
  #3
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 30,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey
This should be the game we take over first place in, as long as Vancouver can take care of business at the Joe.

I don't think it's as easy as all that. Minnesota's been playing tough, especially at home...and Vancouver is coming off a spanking by the BJs of all teams. Trying to be positive, but tonight might not be the night.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 10:41 AM
  #4
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 22,755
vCash: 500
6 words to be remembered by or that should be drilled into their heads by now:

STAY OUT OF THE ****ING BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Dave is a killer is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 10:48 AM
  #5
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 16,047
vCash: 500
I agree with Nomo, we just finished a back to back that had a playoff feel on the road - I imagine the energy will be down a little tonight.

Also, I can't see the Wings dropping 3 straight at home.

triggrman is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 11:09 AM
  #6
handtrick
Registered User
 
handtrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 3,090
vCash: 500
Think we will see Hordy and the Boogeyman do the Tango tonight?

handtrick is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 04:00 PM
  #7
wildslip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 322
vCash: 500
Tonite will be a close game but i think the wild willhave more energy more on the line.. the predators are already in playoffs and really cant get knocked out soo the wild win 4-1 goals by Rolston, GABBY(2), foster

wildslip is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 04:03 PM
  #8
Pred303
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Murfreesboro, Tn.
Country: United States
Posts: 2,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildslip
Tonite will be a close game but i think the wild willhave more energy more on the line.. the predators are already in playoffs and really cant get knocked out soo the wild win 4-1 goals by Rolston, GABBY(2), foster
thanks for sharing...on our board..in our gameday thread

Pred303 is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 04:06 PM
  #9
wildslip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
thanks for sharing...on our board..in our gameday thread
well my teams thread never has anything important on it sooo ya hahah

wildslip is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 04:53 PM
  #10
Predonater
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildslip
Tonite will be a close game but i think the wild willhave more energy more on the line.. the predators are already in playoffs and really cant get knocked out soo the wild win 4-1 goals by Rolston, GABBY(2), foster

The Wild are not better than the Preds on paper, in person, and after winning three in a row. The Preds are better in just about every position on the ice, including the net. Preds win and take over the division (hopefully).

Predonater is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 05:01 PM
  #11
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 30,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predonater
The Wild are not better than the Preds on paper, in person, and after winning three in a row. The Preds are better in just about every position on the ice, including the net. Preds win and take over the division (hopefully).

what? he didn't say anything about the Wild being better than the Preds...ease up, guys. I don't think he's doing anything wrong. He just said that he thinks the Wild will win because they're fighting to get into a playoff spot. He's not trolling, and some of you are being unduly rude...

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 05:03 PM
  #12
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
what? he didn't say anything about the Wild being better than the Preds...ease up, guys. I don't think he's doing anything wrong. He just said that he thinks the Wild will win because they're fighting to get into a playoff spot. He's not trolling, and some of you are being unduly rude...
Agreed.

I think the Wild have a very good chance of beating us anyways. They are hot right now, and if they score first.....it really is hard to come back like we have done against so many teams this year.

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 05:22 PM
  #13
puckwild
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 215
vCash: 500
You guys know who is in net tonight. Vokoun just had a couple tough ones back to back. Excellent job in both.

puckwild is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 06:01 PM
  #14
Pred303
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Murfreesboro, Tn.
Country: United States
Posts: 2,747
vCash: 500
mason supposedly gets the start puckwild

Pred303 is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 06:50 PM
  #15
Pred303
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Murfreesboro, Tn.
Country: United States
Posts: 2,747
vCash: 500
very interesting interview with leopold...

points he made;

..we were wrong in our interpretation of having to stay below the 'mid-point' of 28.6 mil to get full revenue sharing. management got clarification from the league that that wasn't true. so we are not limited by the 28.6 million makr we've been operating under thru the first half of the year (hard to believe we didn't know this beforehand to me, somebody really screwed the pooch in the front office not getting this cleared up sooner i'm thinking)

..leopold basically says we're trying to make two deals. he doesn't come out and say it specifically, but he leads you to think those deals are for a center and for a big d-man

..leopold basically says "money isn't a hindrance here, we can get any player in the league no matter his salary for the remainder of the year".

..also comes out and says "we're going for it" when talking about getting a key player

..says his only concern is "trading our future for a rent a player". says we won't do that, but also pretty much says he's willing to trade any draft pick or prospect for the right guy

..wants a "sullivan type situation" (duh) if possible, in that he would like to get a guy we could resign (read a RFA if possible of course)

..very interesting interview, leopold seemed ready to wheel and deal.. said they had put out feelers to every team for someone, but were concentrating on teams currently out of the playoff standings

Pred303 is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 07:25 PM
  #16
handtrick
Registered User
 
handtrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 3,090
vCash: 500
Down 1-0 "off our guy's keester," Velliuex given credit.

Anybody hear why Hordy is stratched again?


Last edited by handtrick: 01-26-2006 at 07:31 PM.
handtrick is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 07:38 PM
  #17
handtrick
Registered User
 
handtrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 3,090
vCash: 500
Alexander Daigle scores on shot down the middle using Eaton as a screen..

down 2-0 to MIN is not where you want to be

handtrick is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 07:42 PM
  #18
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 4,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
very interesting interview with leopold...

points he made;

..we were wrong in our interpretation of having to stay below the 'mid-point' of 28.6 mil to get full revenue sharing. management got clarification from the league that that wasn't true. so we are not limited by the 28.6 million makr we've been operating under thru the first half of the year (hard to believe we didn't know this beforehand to me, somebody really screwed the pooch in the front office not getting this cleared up sooner i'm thinking)

..leopold basically says we're trying to make two deals. he doesn't come out and say it specifically, but he leads you to think those deals are for a center and for a big d-man

..leopold basically says "money isn't a hindrance here, we can get any player in the league no matter his salary for the remainder of the year".

..also comes out and says "we're going for it" when talking about getting a key player

..says his only concern is "trading our future for a rent a player". says we won't do that, but also pretty much says he's willing to trade any draft pick or prospect for the right guy

..wants a "sullivan type situation" (duh) if possible, in that he would like to get a guy we could resign (read a RFA if possible of course)

..very interesting interview, leopold seemed ready to wheel and deal.. said they had put out feelers to every team for someone, but were concentrating on teams currently out of the playoff standings
You are on top of your game Excellent review

I'm leaning towards agreeing with Leopold I not sure trading one of our Studs or a 1st round pick for a renter is such a good idea. We are still a very young team.

Gnashville is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 07:57 PM
  #19
Pred303
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Murfreesboro, Tn.
Country: United States
Posts: 2,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
Down 1-0 "off our guy's keester," Velliuex given credit.

Anybody hear why Hordy is stratched again?
because of the strange man-love trotz has for stevenson...

for god's sake cann't trotz see how much worse our 4th line is right now than it was 2 weeks ago?.. 6 shifts in the first for the fourth line..nichol and fiddler both take penalties the 4th line is on ice for the first wild goal.. no hits from the 4th line.. stevenson is a blank out there trying to forecheck... cann't believe how the mighty have fallen here from the hordy-smith-tootoo in 6 frigging games

the first goal was a shot from the right faceoff dot that missed the net by 3 feet..but hits smithson square in the *** and banks off mason's back and trickles in..

the second suter got whipped like a rented mule off the halfboards by diagle..he simple went around him like he wasn't there walked straight in and shot the puck from the low slot... pete and terry are saying how badly he beat "eaton" .. eaton was on his man in front of the net and came out at the last seconbd to try to block the shot..that one was all suter's fault

our pp looked absolutely horrible that one we got...we looked so bad it handed them momentum you felt.. we actually gave up one 2 on 1, while not even coming close to having a shot ourselves... we simply never controlled the puck

..so far walker has looked bad, as has fiddler... of course everyone has, he just stood out

we have 5 shots.. one of them was simply a length of the ice clear by markov that wound up on net...kariya had two great shots in the low slot that fernandez made good saves on...upshall set one of them up nicely... perreault and hall had little angle shots from below the right faceoff circle, but neither was even close to a scoring chance

..we looked flat..we looked slow.. we looked outclassed that period

Pred303 is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 08:44 PM
  #20
Predonater
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Hard second period with that third goal by Minnesota.

I don't mean to sound rude, but my distaste for that franchise spills over sometimes. I, personally, don't like the Wild or most of their fans and that is just me. Take it or leave it.

Predonater is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 08:47 PM
  #21
Pred303
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Murfreesboro, Tn.
Country: United States
Posts: 2,747
vCash: 500
we picked it up that period...nice shortie by johnson..

breakaway by nichol, makes decent move, but not good enough move to make the cram shot he tried to take..

the 5 on the 3 was the chance...puck all over the net.. shot it into fernandez pads three times. perreault flubbed a shot that then hit the post on what was essentially an empty net. zidlicky's shot gets barely tipped over the crossbar.

then we let them waltz down ice, markov makes a good play on the puckcarrier, but eaton is gliding along watching the play instead of picking up a man, and the puck goes straight to the guy who shoots it in over mason's shoulder...

mason has basically not really had a real chance on any of the three goals...one off our guy, two perfect upper corner shots right over the shoulder while skating alone in the low slot

you blow a 2 minute 5 on 3.. and you don't deserve to win

Pred303 is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 09:14 PM
  #22
skellart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chattown
Country: United States
Posts: 98
vCash: 500
Ya know, we must be one of the luckiest teams in the NHL. Here we are on top of the west and haven't played a full game for quite some time. Well, other than the Blue Jackets Saturday. I was glad to be at that one.

I also want to apologize to anybody who happened to see my big white belly on the jumbotron showing off my gall bladder surgery wounds that I got 2 days earlier. I swear I should have gotten fan of the game that night.

This game is really sucking

skellart is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 09:21 PM
  #23
Predonater
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Horrible game that we should have been ready for. I find myself ever so slightly becoming a part of the small minority that has no faith or confidence in Chris Mason and our defense. LOL!! We need to address the bleeding of points to bottom teams in the Conference quickly. Minnesota is a fine team, but this should have been a win for the Preds.

Predonater is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 09:27 PM
  #24
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 30,880
vCash: 500
0\8 on the PP, including a 2 minute 5 on 3. 4 shots.


Blame Mason all you want, and he deserves his share...but you don't win many games that way, either.

barrytrotzsneck is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 09:29 PM
  #25
Predonater
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 257
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
0\8 on the PP, including a 2 minute 5 on 3. 4 shots.


Blame Mason all you want, and he deserves his share...but you don't win many games that way, either.

#1 PK in the league, so the 0-8 is to be expected to a degree. We don't have the best PP in the league neither. But the defense failed to show up too.

Predonater is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.