HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

DiSalvatore

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2006, 08:58 AM
Puckboy

vCash: 500
DiSalvatore

What is everyones opinion so far. I think he is doing well, but I am disappointed with his Playing time. I am not saying he is ready to log 20 Min. but he is a high energy guy with good hockey sense. The blues are not making the playoffs so I say give the young guys a chance to develop if they earn the time

Old
01-26-2006, 12:07 PM
trublu16

Actually I never got to see this guy play before, but I have to admit one thing. And that would be, I am starting to really enjoy how he is playing. But his greatest attribute he has to be right now, is the fact that in the last 2 games he has played on a line with Cajanek and Orszagh(SP?) and that line has done real well with working together and getting the puck moving up and down the ice. But he also has help Cajanek to show up for the hockey game. Don't know for sure who to credit for this, either Orszagh(sp?) or DiSalvatore.

Over all, if he can stay with the club, he will definitely have a spot for the 06/07 season.

Old
01-26-2006, 12:59 PM
Mr Brownstone

Send a message via AIM to Mr Brownstone Send a message via MSN to Mr Brownstone Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Brownstone
I remember watching DiSalvatore as a Cleveland Baron a couple seasons ago and the thing I always noticed about him was his lack of hockey sense. He's a pretty good skater, and has a good work ethic, but he makes some awful decisions with the puck. His vision is really lacking. I do wish him the best of luck though.

Old
01-26-2006, 02:51 PM
slimer

He has been sent back to the AHL.

Old
01-26-2006, 09:53 PM
virtuefan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimer
He has been sent back to the AHL.
Its really great that the Blues gave him a 3 game shot to make a difference

Old
01-27-2006, 09:00 AM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtuefan1
Its really great that the Blues gave him a 3 game shot to make a difference

Hey, it's his own fault for trying to create some offense while playing sound D. Nobody told him he could shoot the puck or try to cycle the puck down low. That is completely unacceptable in Kitchen's book.

Seriously; there is no reason for Disalvatore to have been sent down, he fit in VERY nicely with Cajanek and Orszagh and didn't look out of place at all. The only reason I can think for him to have been sent down is that Kitchen really is trying to bomb the season. It seems evey time one of our players starts doing well they get benched or demoted. I'm expecting Wideman to get sent down any day now.

Old
01-27-2006, 09:33 AM
lemieux32*

With Tkachuk coming back and perhaps Gamache making his move out of the doghouse there are reasons for DiSalvatore to be sent down. Kimzey59 you make some good posts but you ruin them by going totally overboard on others. Just something to think about.

Old
01-27-2006, 10:05 AM
Irish Blues

Hoggan is out 6-8 weeks with a broken collarbone according to JR; Whitfield was sent down after the game last night. That's 2 roster spots that opened up at the end of last night's game. Granted, Disalvatore was sent down prior to the game, but ...

I've quit trying to figure out what Kitchen is doing. I know he isn't the one signing off on the player moves, but ....

At least we've got the draft to look forward to.

01-27-2006, 10:49 AM
Blueski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Hoggan is out 6-8 weeks with a broken collarbone according to JR; Whitfield was sent down after the game last night. That's 2 roster spots that opened up at the end of last night's game. Granted, Disalvatore was sent down prior to the game, but ...

I've quit trying to figure out what Kitchen is doing. I know he isn't the one signing off on the player moves, but ....

At least we've got the draft to look forward to.
Truth was that DiSalvatore was up to get a look at (small look apparently) and to fill a spot until they had their healthy guys again. Sillinger was aching and Johnson was hurting as well. Since it is apparently against Kitch's religion to play Gamache, they needed someone up just in case. Whitfield and DiSalvatore were it. Now that KT and Walker are close to returning, they can open the roster spots back up by sending those two down.

Old
01-27-2006, 11:41 AM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieux32
Kimzey59 you make some good posts but you ruin them by going totally overboard on others. Just something to think about.

Some of the time it's intentional. I like to call it sarcasm. Without vocal intonations it's hard to pick up on.

In regards to Kitchen though, I seriously think he's trying to bomb the season. Looking at the facts it is impossible to justify some of his moves as an effort to win; Not giving Jackman any playing time, demoting or benching any player who shows some offnesive flare, playing Weinrich to death at the expense of younger more talented players.... I'm sorry but I just can't see any logic behind Kitchen's moves and it really seems like he's intentionally trying to lose games. It's to the point where I think I can do a better job coaching this team and I'm just a fringe College level coach.

Old
01-27-2006, 02:25 PM
lemieux32*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59
Some of the time it's intentional. I like to call it sarcasm. Without vocal intonations it's hard to pick up on.

In regards to Kitchen though, I seriously think he's trying to bomb the season. Looking at the facts it is impossible to justify some of his moves as an effort to win; Not giving Jackman any playing time, demoting or benching any player who shows some offnesive flare, playing Weinrich to death at the expense of younger more talented players.... I'm sorry but I just can't see any logic behind Kitchen's moves and it really seems like he's intentionally trying to lose games. It's to the point where I think I can do a better job coaching this team and I'm just a fringe College level coach.
Where do you coach? (If you want pm it too me as I can see not wanting to post it to everyone on here) I think Jackman gets less icetime because he is not a PP guy and because he struggled early in the season and is just now finding his game again. The only offensive players who have been benched have been Gamache and Sejna. I have made my feelings clear on Sejna and we have no idea why Gamache has been benched. Besides the inability to understand someones tone or sarcasm the other big problem I have with message boards is that too many people think they know everything about a situation from one comment or even their own take based on what they see.

Old
01-27-2006, 03:16 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Besides the inability to understand someones tone or sarcasm the other big problem I have with message boards is that too many people think they know everything about a situation from one comment or even their own take based on what they see.
So what, you think you're some big-shot know-it-all?

Old
01-27-2006, 03:33 PM
lemieux32*

Did what I said really bother you so much that you had to respond like that? I don't remember mentioning you or even this forum in particular, so I must have hit a nerve or something. Of course I hope you don't take this the wrong way since I discovered that mods can say or do anything they please while we can't even hint at anything negative without a warning and in your case god forbid someone ask a question that might be in a sticky thread!

Old
01-27-2006, 03:49 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckboy
What is everyones opinion so far. I think he is doing well, but I am disappointed with his Playing time. I am not saying he is ready to log 20 Min. but he is a high energy guy with good hockey sense. The blues are not making the playoffs so I say give the young guys a chance to develop if they earn the time
I think he is just a guy sadly he seems to work hard but not get much done. I admit that I dont know much about our forward prospects at Peoria but judging from the ones I have seen it looks like we dont have much. I hope they prove me wrong.

Old
01-27-2006, 07:32 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Did what I said really bother you so much that you had to respond like that? I don't remember mentioning you or even this forum in particular, so I must have hit a nerve or something. Of course I hope you don't take this the wrong way since I discovered that mods can say or do anything they please while we can't even hint at anything negative without a warning and in your case god forbid someone ask a question that might be in a sticky thread!

That's right - and don't you forget it! And the reason we mods can say and do anything is because we pay our union dues on time. I don't want to say it's a lot or anything, but there's a reason I left a piss-poor paying job in Southern Illinois to take a better-paying job in the Northeast.

Yep, you guessed it - just to piss Mrs. IB off.

Old
01-28-2006, 06:59 AM
kimzey59

Quote:
Where do you coach? (If you want pm it too me as I can see not wanting to post it to everyone on here)

Right now, nowhere. I've floated around most of the Jr. Colleges in Missouri and Illinois mostly as an assistant coach(focusing on offense). My main job is as an Overnight Manager at Schnucks, I coach on the side to make a little extra cash. The last coaching spot I had was at UMSL and that was about 2 years ago.

Quote:
I think Jackman gets less icetime because he is not a PP guy and because he struggled early in the season and is just now finding his game again.
That's part of it. But, why isn't he getting the bulk of the PK time now that he's back? Both Weinrich and Salvador get more PK minutes than Jax and IMO that is a complete joke.

Quote:
The only offensive players who have been benched have been Gamache and Sejna. I have made my feelings clear on Sejna and we have no idea why Gamache has been benched.
There's also Stempniak and McClement(and now, Disalvatore).
Stempniak got a nice 3 game streak going while on a line with Weight, the next game he's demoted to a line with Rj and Rycroft and his scoring drops off. 2 weeks later he starts putting up a few more points and he gets sent down to Peoria(BTW, he's doing a fairly good job in Peoria despite not getting top line minutes).

McClement EARNS some extra ice time, then Kitchen demotes him to Peoria because he's getting too much ice time.

Quote:
Besides the inability to understand someones tone or sarcasm the other big problem I have with message boards is that too many people think they know everything about a situation from one comment or even their own take based on what they see.
What I see is all I have to go on. What I'm seeing is this:
1) He's VASTLY overplaying the veterans on this team.
2) He's got a number of potential 2/3 line wingers in Peoria to call on but he is very hesitant to do so.
3) Even when he does give them a call, he doesn't give them ANY chance to do well. Case in point; Sejna and Gamache.( IMO Stempniak, Sejna(going by the 1st call-up only), Gamache, Disalvatore and McClement have all out-played our regular 4th line and I'll admit that I've been pleased with how they've played thus far).
4) He absolutely refuses to change his system even though it is obvious that it doesn't work(the team actually plays better when Weight and Sillinger are free-wheeling it).
5) He overexposes his 4th line at the expense of a potentially decent 2nd and 3rd offensive unit.
6) He constantly puts all of his centers on 1 line and eliminates any depth we might have in our lineup.

These do not look like the actions of a coach that wants to win(at least IMO). I'll admit I might not have the whole picture, but then none of us really do. I'm probably going overboard by saying I could do better, but in all seriousness Kitchen is possibly the worst NHL level coach I have ever watched. He gives opposing teams obvious areas to exploit and then wonders why we lose. This team has a LOT more talent than our record indicates and I put 100% of the blaim on Kitchen for not using it right.

Old
01-28-2006, 09:40 AM
lemieux32*

I don't know that Stempniak, DiSalvatore and McClement are truly offensive players considering only McClement(51) has scored more then 50 points at a pro level...so far. When you add "IMO" you prove my last point, you have made a decesion about what is going on with the Blues by your observations without knowing what is going on withing the team. The Gamache situation is a great example. Obviously there have been issues with the guy, but people act like they know what the real deal is without knowing anything.

Old
01-28-2006, 08:14 PM
purple_heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
That's right - and don't you forget it! And the reason we mods can say and do anything is because we pay our union dues on time. I don't want to say it's a lot or anything, but there's a reason I left a piss-poor paying job in Southern Illinois to take a better-paying job in the Northeast.

HHmmm..... I sure hope you are just kidding..

Old
01-29-2006, 02:26 AM
kimzey59

Quote:
I don't know that Stempniak, DiSalvatore and McClement are truly offensive players considering only McClement(51) has scored more then 50 points at a pro level...so far.
This is Stempniak's first Pro season at any level. For him to go directly from College to the NHL(and look like he belonged) speaks volumes about his offensive ability.

Disalvatore might not have hit 50 points, but he has 2 consecutive 20 goal seasons in the NHL. Normal projection rates put him in the same category as Orszagh and McAmmond(a 15-20 goal scorer/ 30-40 point player). That might not be much offensive ability, but it's a LOT more than Hoggan, Rycroft and RJ have.

Quote:
When you add "IMO" you prove my last point, you have made a decesion about what is going on with the Blues by your observations without knowing what is going on withing the team. The Gamache situation is a great example. Obviously there have been issues with the guy, but people act like they know what the real deal is without knowing anything.
Where have I ever said this is anything but my opinion? All I've done is float a theory out there that explains Kitchen's actions based on the evidence at hand. When new evidence comes to light my theory will probably change(unless that new evidence confrims my theory). All of the evidence suggests that Kitchen is a VERY bad coach and doesn't have the first clue how to handle rookies(at any position).

Old
01-29-2006, 09:17 AM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_heart
HHmmm..... I sure hope you are just kidding..
Oh no, not a joke. It included a 76-page contract signed in triplicate and initialed on every page (the carbons are magenta and gold), witnessed by 2 notary publics and a federal judge, and then copied 6 times with time stamps and bar codes - with the originals held at Fort Knox for safe keeping.

Old
01-29-2006, 10:01 AM
lemieux32*

Kimzey, you might want to check DiSalvatore's stats again if you think he had two 20 goal seasons in the NHL. I assume you mean AHL. Perhaps you would like to look at the long list of guys who can score 20 in the minors and never come close in the NHL? Keith Osbourne, Denny Felsner, Patrice Tardif, Stephane Roy, Tyler Rennette...just to name a few Blues prospects from the past.

Old
01-29-2006, 11:03 AM
kimzey59

Quote:
Kimzey, you might want to check DiSalvatore's stats again if you think he had two 20 goal seasons in the NHL. I assume you mean AHL. Perhaps you would like to look at the long list of guys who can score 20 in the minors and never come close in the NHL? Keith Osbourne, Denny Felsner, Patrice Tardif, Stephane Roy, Tyler Rennette...just to name a few Blues prospects from the past.

Ye. It was a typeo.

And I know how many good AHL players have gone bust in the NHL. That said, having seen Disalvatore play I don't think that will be the case. He might not be a domintating forward but I think he will turn out to be a very similar player to Orszagh or McAmmond. I would MUCH rather have another player like that on the team than Rycroft, Hoggan or RJ.

Old
01-29-2006, 05:21 PM
lemieux32*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59
Ye. It was a typeo.

And I know how many good AHL players have gone bust in the NHL. That said, having seen Disalvatore play I don't think that will be the case. He might not be a domintating forward but I think he will turn out to be a very similar player to Orszagh or McAmmond. I would MUCH rather have another player like that on the team than Rycroft, Hoggan or RJ.

From what I have seen of him so far both in the AHL and the NHL I do not see that.

Closed Thread