12-09-2016, 11:23 AM
Fossy21
Nobel Prize Deke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom - OHL View Post
Rule 51.3

Should have been a match penalty and subject to supplemental discipline
Interestingly, since Fredrik Norrena has been indirectly mentioned in this thread as having allowed two OT goals when he played in Columbus, he spent a large chunk of his career in Linköping where he broke a couple of SHL records (including most shutouts in a season) and once got suspended games 3 through 5 (plus lost the equivalent of one game's salary) in a quarter-final series against Frölunda for this:

Linköping won that game 6-2 but without Norrena lost games 3 and 4 to go down 3-1 in the series, then won three straight to advance only to **** their pants in the semi-finals.

Much more forceful than Price's because Jens Karlsson carried a lot more momentum, and the visor may have cut him in the fall. Still, those things are hard.

Another Finnish goalie, Teemu Lassila did this two years ago and was suspended for 3+1 (regular season) games. More comparable to Price.

It also happened against Linköping last year, but that time it was a Danish goalie, Patrick Galbraith.
No idea if an NHL goalie has been suspended in recent years for using the blocker like that. Anyone?

Fossy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2016, 12:04 PM
Trap Jesus

Random stat of the day that should surprise no one: Bruins have the worst shooting percentage and the 2nd best save percentage in the league in shootouts since they were introduced in 2005.

Shootouts

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2016, 01:49 PM
Fossy21
Nobel Prize Deke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossy21 View Post
One more thing. Note how the guy punched in the second clip is the same guy Carl Söderberg slashed in the neck area in the playoffs before coming over to Boston. Not the most popular guy in the league. Sean Avery probably worships the guy.

Old
12-09-2016, 01:51 PM
Fossy21
Nobel Prize Deke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
Random stat of the day that should surprise no one: Bruins have the worst shooting percentage and the 2nd best save percentage in the league in shootouts since they were introduced in 2005.

Shootouts
The fact that Pittsburgh are so high in both stats and have received 12 more points in 9 fewer attempts from SO wins is reason enough alone to make you want it gone

Old
12-09-2016, 02:07 PM
mikelvl

Kyle Conner sent to the minors. El Busto! 😂

mikelvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2016, 02:35 PM
mikelvl

Apparently the Reilly Smith that was traded for Jimmy Hayes is back this year. They are ripping him on XM radio. Zero goals in the last eight games, one goal in the last 15 games, four shots on goal in the last five games. Five years at 5 million per year.

mikelvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2016, 10:56 PM
Fossy21
Nobel Prize Deke

Blue Jackets are making some history this season. There's no way they've ever been even close to the best team in the league this far into a season (if at all... not sure if they've ever started a year hot enough to separate from everyone even ten or so games in?).

They're only 5th in points, but are tied for fewest games played. Technically Montreal still have a slightly better winning percentage, and it's easy to say "with games in hand" and expect victories, but with how both teams have been trending, CBJ might overtake them sooner rather than later.

If Columbus had taken even one point against the Bruins in our two meetings, they would already have the best record in the league. If Bruins miss the playoffs and Columbus make it, it won't be hard to find someone to cheer for in the Conference. Otherwise it's probably Ottawa again.

Old
12-09-2016, 11:10 PM
Fossy21
Nobel Prize Deke

Wanted to watch Jakub Vrana's first NHL goal. Caps' colour guy (Craig Laughlin) referring to Kuznetsov as Koozy multiple times in quick succession made me throw up in my mouth, though. As if his voice isn't annoying enough on its own.

Old
12-10-2016, 11:19 AM
Sharp Shooting Neely

Precedent has been set with Price of only receiving minor penalties for his repeated blows, including one to the head of Kyle Palmiere. As has been pointed out earlier the rule in place at many if not all levels of play has consistently been a match penalty. Has the decesion to not sanction Price's action laid the ground work for goaltenders to take liberty with players who do make contact with them? Would keepers now exact some revenge expecting the same leniency Price has been shown? Thinking folks on here who are or have been keepers might give it serious consideration if they were in a similar position.

Last edited by Sharp Shooting Neely: 12-10-2016 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Word correction
Sharp Shooting Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2016, 04:00 PM
Dueling Banjos

vCash: 250
Good game between Philly and Dallas today. Great atmosphere in Wells Fargo arena, Flyers fans are currently excited about their team and rightfully so.

Dueling Banjos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2016, 04:30 PM
Gee Wally
Global Moderator
Grumpier than ever

Awards:
RIP

Bill Dineen, a two-time Stanley Cup winner with the Detroit Red Wings who later coached the Philadelphia Flyers and had three sons play in the NHL, died Saturday in Lake George, N.Y. He was 84.

Dineen also coached two Calder Cup-winning teams in the American Hockey League and is a member of the AHL Hall of Fame.

"During his time as a player and coach, and in the values he instilled in his family, Bill Dineen created a legacy of greatness in the American Hockey League that still resonates today," said David Andrews, AHL president and chief executive officer. "Our deepest condolences go out to the entire Dineen family at this time."
https://www.nhl.com/news/former-flye...84/c-284577148

You tell 'em I'M coming...

and Hell's coming with me, you hear?! ... Hell's coming with me!
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2016, 05:03 PM
Aeroforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
RIP

Bill Dineen, a two-time Stanley Cup winner with the Detroit Red Wings who later coached the Philadelphia Flyers and had three sons play in the NHL, died Saturday in Lake George, N.Y. He was 84.

Dineen also coached two Calder Cup-winning teams in the American Hockey League and is a member of the AHL Hall of Fame.

"During his time as a player and coach, and in the values he instilled in his family, Bill Dineen created a legacy of greatness in the American Hockey League that still resonates today," said David Andrews, AHL president and chief executive officer. "Our deepest condolences go out to the entire Dineen family at this time."
https://www.nhl.com/news/former-flye...84/c-284577148
My family relocated to Houston in the 70's when I was a child, and I frequently attended WHA games of the Bill Dineen caoched Houston Aeros. Sad day for hockey.

Aeroforce is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2016, 05:39 PM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroforce View Post
My family relocated to Houston in the 70's when I was a child, and I frequently attended WHA games of the Bill Dineen caoched Houston Aeros. Sad day for hockey.

Love the photo.Rip B.Dineen.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2016, 07:58 PM
Fossy21
Nobel Prize Deke

6 goals on 13 first shots for Montreal, including three straight goals on shots 11, 12 and 13. They have as many goals as Colorado have shots... And as I write that, Colorado score on their 7th shot

Old
12-10-2016, 08:56 PM
Lauzon

Nick Kypreos was right on about stars having to sticking up for themselves and now players now know they will never have to answer for a darn thing.

Lauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2016, 09:32 PM
SPLBRUIN

Have to think that the Colorado coach is going to be looking for a new job shortly.

SPLBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2016, 09:36 PM
Fire Sweeney

"Plecky", "Patches" & co. making sure to pad their stats before the important games come.

Fire Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2016, 10:02 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp Shooting Neely View Post
Precedent has been set with Price of only receiving minor penalties for his repeated blows, including one to the head of Kyle Palmiere. As has been pointed out earlier the rule in place at many if not all levels of play has consistently been a match penalty. Has the decesion to not sanction Price's action laid the ground work for goaltenders to take liberty with players who do make contact with them? Would keepers now exact some revenge expecting the same leniency Price has been shown? Thinking folks on here who are or have been keepers might give it serious consideration if they were in a similar position.
As a goalie myself watching the way guys crash the net and how little there is that can be done due to the powers that be have neutered the game and taken fighting out of it I have no problem with what Price did and I would applaud any tendy that does it because it is getting harder and harder for your D and forwards etc to police this for them.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2016, 10:12 PM
Fossy21
Nobel Prize Deke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
As a goalie myself watching the way guys crash the net and how little there is that can be done due to the powers that be have neutered the game and taken fighting out of it I have no problem with what Price did and I would applaud any tendy that does it because it is getting harder and harder for your D and forwards etc to police this for them.
A start would be to stop pushing opponents into your Hart-winning goaltender.

Old
12-10-2016, 11:28 PM
BruinDust

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLBRUIN View Post
Have to think that the Colorado coach is going to be looking for a new job shortly.
I would hope not, considering he just got hired like 16 weeks ago. And Colorado aren't exactly known for liking to waste money, it's not exactly the profitable franchise we came to know back in the early 2000s.

And if Sakic and Co. are considering firing Bednar, ownership needs to step in and fire Sakic first.

BruinDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2016, 11:29 PM
BruinDust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauzon View Post
Nick Kypreos was right on about stars having to sticking up for themselves and now players now know they will never have to answer for a darn thing.
The amount of stick-work today is atrocious.

BruinDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2016, 11:45 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

2 goals for Dougie Hamilton tonight, he has heated up.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2016, 12:45 AM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossy21 View Post
A start would be to stop pushing opponents into your Hart-winning goaltender.

That rings true for any team really not one team out there can say they aren't guilty of this doesn't change that I would still be happy to see any goalie do what Price did.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2016, 09:58 AM
JAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinDust View Post
The amount of stick-work today is atrocious.
Aside from taking fighting out of the game, that is what happens when everybody is wearing helmets, eye shields, and body armor.

Replace all the hard coated plastic/fiberglass from the padding (exception maybe shin pads) and replace it with an impact absorbing memory foam of some sort (including helmets) and if nothing else I bet the number of injuries and concussions would reduce dramatically.

JAD is offline   Reply With Quote