Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2016-17 NHL Regular Season II

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2016, 09:53 AM
Sharp Shooting Neely

vCash: 500
The ever present question of the continued crap that Emelin dishes out and then hides from those who respond accordingly. Gary Galley of HNIC roasted him with his response to watching yet another low hit targeting a players knees, Colburne in this case. The kicker, came with 3 minutes remaining in the game with a 10-1 lead. He cowers to Iginla's response and ridicously hides behind Price in the net for cover. Pathetic and predictable for the €#$?/$$ that will end somebody's career.

http://awinninghabit.com/2016/12/10/...ei-emelin-hit/

Old
12-11-2016, 06:01 PM
Sharp Shooting Neely

Ducks providing some help with a 5-1 win over the Sens today. Now if only the Bruins would do their part and finally take advantage of getting the help this time.

Old
12-11-2016, 06:53 PM
bossfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp Shooting Neely View Post
Ducks providing some help with a 5-1 win over the Sens today. Now if only the Bruins would do their part and finally take advantage of getting the help this time.
Montreal, Pittsburgh, Anaheim on a back to back so probably Khudobin in net and then the Kings.

The Bruins could end up with zero points over the next 4 games.

Old
12-11-2016, 07:24 PM
missingchicklet

Quote:
The ever present question of the continued crap that Emelin dishes out and then hides from those who respond accordingly. Gary Galley of HNIC roasted him with his response to watching yet another low hit targeting a players knees, Colburne in this case. The kicker, came with 3 minutes remaining in the game with a 10-1 lead. He cowers to Iginla's response and ridicously hides behind Price in the net for cover. Pathetic and predictable for the €#$?/$$ that will end somebody's career.

The Avs' announcers last night were pretty ticked off by the hit, and especially his failure to man up afterwards. Just typical Emelin BS. We see him pull his dirty crap during play and after the whistle vs the B's, then hide behind the ref or skate away. Truly a disgusting player who is a complete coward. Yes, the hit was not a terribly dirty hit or anything, but the issue is certainly when it happened, and the fact that those kind of plays can severely injure someone. 10-1 lead and under 5 mins left is not the time to be pulling a stunt like that. I know the odds are slim to none, but I would love to see a Bruin knock the hell out of Emelin tomorrow night.

Old
12-11-2016, 07:50 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Even will all the doom and suckiness ovell, the Bruins are only 2pts back Ottawa and 2nd in the division with the tie-breaker.

Plenty would have signed up for that before the season. And that would have been with Bergy not producing with a 4th liner. Can only go up from here.

Old
12-11-2016, 08:44 PM
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian

vCash: 4000000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41 View Post
Even will all the doom and suckiness ovell, the Bruins are only 2pts back Ottawa and 2nd in the division with the tie-breaker.

Plenty would have signed up for that before the season. And that would have been with Bergy not producing with a 4th liner. Can only go up from here.
Detroit lost in OT - they are masters of the loser point

Go figure - Colorado just beat Toronto

Old
12-11-2016, 08:47 PM
Bruinaura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
Detroit lost in OT - they are masters of the loser point

Go figure - Colorado just beat Toronto
As if I needed another reason to despise Detroit. Ugh.

Go Colorado! that was a nice goal by MacKinnon.

Old
12-11-2016, 10:39 PM
Fossy21
Nobel Prize Deke

Quote:

Gives you funny imagery of him turtling inside the goal.

Old
12-11-2016, 10:50 PM
Lockheed301
Scope Dope

vCash: 100
Laine with a nice own-goal.

Old
12-12-2016, 06:43 AM
Terrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
RIP

Bill Dineen, a two-time Stanley Cup winner with the Detroit Red Wings who later coached the Philadelphia Flyers and had three sons play in the NHL, died Saturday in Lake George, N.Y. He was 84.

Dineen also coached two Calder Cup-winning teams in the American Hockey League and is a member of the AHL Hall of Fame.

"During his time as a player and coach, and in the values he instilled in his family, Bill Dineen created a legacy of greatness in the American Hockey League that still resonates today," said David Andrews, AHL president and chief executive officer. "Our deepest condolences go out to the entire Dineen family at this time."
https://www.nhl.com/news/former-flye...84/c-284577148

I've always appreciated the Adirondack Red Wings and the run they had in Glens Falls. I grew up in southwest Vermont. They were the nearest hockey around and going to games there helped make me a hockey fanatic. Eddie Mio, Ed Johnstone, Adam Oates, Rick Zombo, etc.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...000111986.html

Last edited by Terrier; 12-12-2016 at 07:39 AM..
Old
12-13-2016, 02:23 PM
Sharp Shooting Neely

There has been much talk on these boards and many others on the current state of officiating in the NHL. Thankfully players have not resorted to tactics like the one noted in the attached report on a KHL player/ referee incident. Immediately NHL players like Lysik and Wideman come to mind. Each mpaid a big price for their actions involving abuse of officials. Wonder what this example would earn you in the NHL?

Come on KHL, is that and way to protect your officials from idiots in your league?

http://www.**************.com/Headli...ticleId=440730

Old
12-13-2016, 09:47 PM
Bruinaura

Rinne just got his 250th career victory tonight. Preds came back from down 3-0 to win 6-3 over the Blues.

Pretty sure the Bruins prevented Carey Price from getting victory 250 last night.

So... Rinne>Price. There you have it.

Old
12-14-2016, 01:02 AM
ashnathan

Im gonna say it, Buffalo has the best goal horn in the entire NHL. It is beautiful.

Old
12-14-2016, 02:29 AM
Bruinaura

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashnathan View Post
Im gonna say it, Buffalo has the best goal horn in the entire NHL. It is beautiful.
I'm kind of partial to Nashville's horn.

Washington and Montreal are horrible.

Old
12-14-2016, 03:04 AM
ashnathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinaura View Post
I'm kind of partial to Nashville's horn.

Washington and Montreal are horrible.
Nashville's is a bit too deep for mine, Buffalo's is the perfect balance. I used to like MSG but I don't anymore, The Joe sucks too. Second for me is Minnesota. Chicago's is good too but man I hate their goal song it is awwwwwwwwwful. Habs is terrible, Washingtons is easily the worst. I don't hate the Bruins horn, its just....different, and I like hearing it cos it means we're scoring

But yeah, everytime I hear Buffalo's horn im envious as hell, that thing is awesome.

Old
12-14-2016, 05:11 AM
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian

vCash: 4000000
When my Chicago friend was at TD Garden she remarked at how LOUD our horn was and she is a STH in Chicago.

Here all all 30 goal horns..........discuss

Old
12-14-2016, 09:06 AM
BruinDust

More incompetence from NHL officials in last night's Edm-CBJ game.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/

Does the NHL hold these guys accountable at all?

They need to lay down the law on the refs, unless you didn't clearly and definitively see what happened, you can't call it. I know it's a fast game but they need to be more certain and stop assuming what happened.

Just because a guy puts his hand up to his mouth doesn't mean he was high-sticked by the opposing team. But the refs calls this crap all the time. Hand up to mouth, head tossed back, refs hand goes up, even though he didn't definitively see anything.

Same as that Game 7 vs. the Habs in 2014. Marchand got a goaltender interference call when Markov tossed him into Price, all the ref saw was Price down and Marchand in the general vicinity, and they made a call based on a "assumption" not from actually seeing what took place. Time the league put a stop to the refs and their "assumption" calls.

Old
12-14-2016, 10:02 AM
Paddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashnathan View Post
It's probably my biases creeping in but I love the Bruins horn. Other similar ones are Philly and SJ. I don't like the high-pitched ones like MTL, OTT, etc. or ones that carry on for too long. Washington's is on a planet all by itself as the worst in the league.

Old
12-14-2016, 10:11 AM
Braunbaer
also a giraffe

Bruins and Rangers have the best goal horns. And songs.

Old
12-14-2016, 10:18 AM
BruinDust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunbaer View Post
Bruins and Rangers have the best goal horns. And songs.
This may sound blasphemous, but I've never liked Boston's choice of goal horns. The fog horn sound is terrible. And it's time for that Kernkraft goal song to go as well. It's been the same for too long, time for a change, even though it was a good goal song.

The Bruins entire presentation/between whistle song-selection could use a refresh. Same songs on que for PPs, start of periods, etc. been used now for years.

Old
12-14-2016, 11:24 AM
Sharp Shooting Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinDust View Post
More incompetence from NHL officials in last night's Edm-CBJ game.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/

Does the NHL hold these guys accountable at all?

They need to lay down the law on the refs, unless you didn't clearly and definitively see what happened, you can't call it. I know it's a fast game but they need to be more certain and stop assuming what happened.

Just because a guy puts his hand up to his mouth doesn't mean he was high-sticked by the opposing team. But the refs calls this crap all the time. Hand up to mouth, head tossed back, refs hand goes up, even though he didn't definitively see anything.

Same as that Game 7 vs. the Habs in 2014. Marchand got a goaltender interference call when Markov tossed him into Price, all the ref saw was Price down and Marchand in the general vicinity, and they made a call based on a "assumption" not from actually seeing what took place. Time the league put a stop to the refs and their "assumption" calls.
It does seem to be a league wide issue. Will sound like a broken record with my response as I have posted this in other threads when the topic came up.

At any point in a game officials are constantly in harms way while trying to do their jobs every night. More seem to be injured because of that than I can ever recall. For a whole host of factors, believe the time has come to combine the ever expanding reliance on technology with removal of official(s) from the ice. Create a perch from on high and allow them to work in conjunction with those remaining on ice to officiate the game.

A quick exchange of info from on top to below could have quickly corrected the phantom high stick call in the Edm-Col game.

Credit to officials for incorporating a huddle in recent years. All 4 work together to try and get the call right but as we so often see that is not nearly enough to fully address the situations that arise game after game.

It can be done.

Old
12-14-2016, 11:44 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/12/...oring-leaders/

Worth the hype it looks like

No regrets Bruins have a lot of guys over there and time will sort out

Old
12-14-2016, 10:02 PM
Pia8988

vCash: 595
What a gong show in Florida. Tallon supposedly back in charge.

Old
12-15-2016, 08:06 PM
TMac21
Save us Sweeney

vCash: 250
Send a message via AIM to TMac21 Send a message via Yahoo to TMac21
Rangers Stars game could get interesting. Eakin plowed over Hank behind the net and got 5 and a game.

Old
12-15-2016, 08:14 PM
doakacola*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac21 View Post
Rangers Stars game could get interesting. Eakin plowed over Hank behind the net and got 5 and a game.
Eakin freaking smoked Hank. It was so bad even the Dallas fans behind the net were shocked.

Closed Thread