HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injured Predators

Old
12-17-2016, 07:20 PM
bdub24
Formerly Section 212

vCash: 50
Subban status anyone?

bdub24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2016, 07:51 PM
Mypetrobot
sua sponte

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub24 View Post
Subban status anyone?
https://www.nhl.com/news/pk-subban-o...ry/c-284814534

Upper body injury day to day. So anything from him waist and up.

Mypetrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2016, 08:10 PM
OriginalName

Hoping that this Subban injury pushes the organization to find a defenseman good enough to fill the gaps in our system both for the time being and once Subban returns.

OriginalName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2016, 10:59 AM
Preds33

Posted this in the observations thread, but I guess it belongs here as well.

Pardy called up, PK to miss at least tonight and tomorrow as he did not make the trip.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2016, 03:08 PM
King Weber

King Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2016, 03:16 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Weber View Post
We knew he would be out tonight as he didn't go on the trip. To the team, day to day is more like whatever. Sometimes it's literally a day, sometimes it is literally a month.

Old
12-20-2016, 03:16 PM
MrJoshua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
We knew he would be out tonight as he didn't go on the trip. To the team, day to day is more like whatever. Sometimes it's literally a day, sometimes it is literally a month.
Wasn't Sullivan "day to day" for more than a year?

MrJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2016, 12:56 PM
Preds33

This is the first I have heard about the herniated disc.

Old
12-21-2016, 05:24 PM
Preds Partisan
Gunga galunga

Quote:
Originally Posted by year1fan View Post
Have I missed something on Solamaki? He practiced with the team, went to Milwaukee for "conditioning", returned and practiced with the team, kinda seemed to be ready to come back when Ellis did but then silence.
What's going on? He's stuck his hand out to stop a puck against Chicago, I think. What the heck did he do to his hand? Is he even skating now?
Apparently he injured a lower body part during his time in Milwaukee, so it's been two different long term injuries....one upper one lower. If I got that wrong, somebody correct me.

Preds Partisan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-21-2016, 05:50 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
Hoping that this Subban injury pushes the organization to find a defenseman good enough to fill the gaps in our system both for the time being and once Subban returns.
what gaps do you see when he returns? Poile already got Irwin, who has been just fine on the third pair, as has Yeber and Granberg is a serviceable 7th D as is Pardy

12-23-2016, 12:41 AM
Nashville Transplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
what gaps do you see when he returns? Poile already got Irwin, who has been just fine on the third pair, as has Yeber and Granberg is a serviceable 7th D as is Pardy
The TV crew were overly praising Irwin during that last road game, and he's been serviceable, but far from excellent. Every time his shot gets through from the point, they make it sound like he's a contender for the Norris. LOL.

Nashville Transplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2016, 07:07 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville Transplant View Post
The TV crew were overly praising Irwin during that last road game, and he's been serviceable, but far from excellent. Every time his shot gets through from the point, they make it sound like he's a contender for the Norris. LOL.

That's Willy and Stu for you. They make everyone sound like they are the best thing to ever happen to this league.

Old
12-27-2016, 04:40 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by preds33 View Post
this is the first i have heard about the herniated disc.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2016, 05:03 PM
Preds Partisan
Gunga galunga

This is starting to sound more serious, like the rest/rehab/time isn't having the benefit they expected. I'm mentally prepared to hear very soon that this is a long term deal and that PK won't be available for an extended time. Kind of sounds like his condition is static and won't be getting better without the "S" word.

Preds Partisan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2016, 05:18 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
This is starting to sound more serious, like the rest/rehab/time isn't having the benefit they expected. I'm mentally prepared to hear very soon that this is a long term deal and that PK won't be available for an extended time. Kind of sounds like his condition is static and won't be getting better without the "S" word.
sounds like we may have traded the heart and soul of our team for Steve Sullivan 2.0

goddammit

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2016, 04:36 AM
Prins Filip

Quote:
Originally Posted by year1fan View Post
Have I missed something on Solamaki? He practiced with the team, went to Milwaukee for "conditioning", returned and practiced with the team, kinda seemed to be ready to come back when Ellis did but then silence.
What's going on? He's stuck his hand out to stop a puck against Chicago, I think. What the heck did he do to his hand? Is he even skating now?
Apparently during his conditioning stint (and a match in Cleveland) he had to go to the hospital due intense pain in his thigh. He was then diagnosed with necrosis, which was then removed successfully. Miikka can already walk normally and he expects to be back in NHL in February.

Prins Filip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2016, 11:06 AM
JustaFinnishGuy

Quote:
sounds like we may have traded the heart and soul of our team for Steve Sullivan 2.0

goddammit
I'm still thinking that Webs was never the type that wins us the cup. Hoping for mr #76 to return and actually contribute on the ice...

JustaFinnishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2016, 11:27 AM
Drake744
Tennessweden

vCash: 344
Quote:

goddammit
He's really only been injured for an extended period of time once in his career and Sullivan was out like two years. I think this is a juuuust a slight overreaction.

He may have been the heart and soul of our team but I don't think it's that we're missing. I think it's that we had no idea how reliant Josi was on playing with Weber. Anyway, it is what it is.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2016, 11:59 AM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
He's really only been injured for an extended period of time once in his career and Sullivan was out like two years. I think this is a juuuust a slight overreaction.

He may have been the heart and soul of our team but I don't think it's that we're missing. I think it's that we had no idea how reliant Josi was on playing with Weber. Anyway, it is what it is.
A hockey player with vertebral disc issues is a big deal. if that's what he has, we could well be screwed for a while

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2016, 12:22 PM
Drake744
Tennessweden

vCash: 344
Quote:
A hockey player with vertebral disc issues is a big deal. if that's what he has, we could well be screwed for a while
It's certainly a huge deal if that's what it is, I'm just saying it's a little premature to jump to a Sullivan comparison. Either way I wonder if we hear something today, as an off day between two home games. Seems like a bit of a lull day where some meetings and evaluations take place, and, subsequently, updates come out.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2016, 12:26 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
It's certainly a huge deal if that's what it is, I'm just saying it's a little premature to jump to a Sullivan comparison. Either way I wonder if we hear something today, as an off day between two home games. Seems like a bit of a lull day where some meetings and evaluations take place, and, subsequently, updates come out.
All they said was he will miss the next two games.

And to those freaking out over the rumor. If it was truly that, wouldn't they have already put him on IR and gotten him ready for some kind of procedure? It has been 2 weeks.

Old
12-28-2016, 01:13 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
All they said was he will miss the next two games.

And to those freaking out over the rumor. If it was truly that, wouldn't they have already put him on IR and gotten him ready for some kind of procedure? It has been 2 weeks.
Not necessarily, back surgery is a big step. It is a last option choice. The vast majority of hockey players who have back surgery either end there career or they return a shell of what they once were. Sully is a good example but there are scads of others. As someone who has fought back issues for years I have refused surgery more than once because I have seen the number of failed back surgeries. No matter how skilled the surgeon the outcomes are never as good as one thought going in. If the rumors are true then the team could well have another Pronger or Marc Savard situation on there roster. While insurance would pay the real dollars of the contract the Cap hit would be hard to swallow for an extended period.

If it is a back issue day to day makes sense until they can make a determination of the extent of the injury and the treatment. They can always backdate when they put him on the IR. The damning thing is getting confirmation and a treatment plan. If they knew this the IR decision would have already been made. So IMO they are looking at the severity of the injury or the rumor is totally false. As fans theres no way of knowing especially with the Preds who have never let much out in the information catagory.

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2016, 01:19 PM
Pred303

NHL just tweeted he's out for sure Thur and Fri, same as we had already heard. and him not being placed on IR yet really tells us nothing because we already had an extra d-man recalled, so there is no rush to place him on IR even if needed

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2016, 03:10 PM
Mypetrobot
sua sponte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
NHL just tweeted he's out for sure Thur and Fri, same as we had already heard. and him not being placed on IR yet really tells us nothing because we already had an extra d-man recalled, so there is no rush to place him on IR even if needed
They can still place him on it and retroactive the date.

But I don't see that happening unless preds are hurting for roster spots.

Mypetrobot is offline   Reply With Quote