HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injured Predators

Old
12-31-2016, 09:57 PM
LCPreds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansVolsPreds615 View Post
Herniated disc and surgery for PK
Source?

Nevermind. Just saw it in another thread. This better not be some kind of Pre-existing condition that was known about before the trade.

Last edited by LCPreds: 12-31-2016 at 10:05 PM.
LCPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2016, 10:23 PM
drwpreds

To be completely accurate, at this point surgery is not yet certain- just a possibility.

But horrible, unbelievably depressing news regardless

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2016, 10:33 PM
Drake744
Tennessweden

vCash: 344
This is ridiculous

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2016, 10:50 PM
Marty Party
@ The Bridge

Well, you can't tell anything is wrong by looking at his twitter.

Marty Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2017, 01:40 AM
habbydays

vCash: 50
OK. As an honest Habs fan coming in peace and out of my fondness for Subby, what do you all think the likelihood of this being related to his neck injury last year is... You know, before the Weber/Subban Trade.

Think about it the guy hasn't had an injury his whole NHL career, then he gets that injury last season, missed some time preseason from injury and now has a herniated disc.

Tinfoil hat in effect.

habbydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2017, 02:00 AM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by habbydays View Post
OK. As an honest Habs fan coming in peace and out of my fondness for Subby, what do you all think the likelihood of this being related to his neck injury last year is... You know, before the Weber/Subban Trade.

Think about it the guy hasn't had an injury his whole NHL career, then he gets that injury last season, missed some time preseason from injury and now has a herniated disc.

Tinfoil hat in effect.
I'd expect we'd hear sooner rather than later if this is the case. I find it hard to believe Poile (or any GM really) would make a deal of that magnitude knowing there was still a lingering possibility PK would have a long-term injury situation. On the flipside, if the Habs organization had any knowledge of a potential long-term injury and Poile/Preds medical staff wasn't aware, I expect the league would make a pretty severe example of them.

Last edited by Iron Duke: 01-01-2017 at 02:19 AM.
Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2017, 10:05 AM
LarryO

As far as I know, the herniated disc is still just a rumor. None of my Google searches have turned up any confirmation of this rumor. All the sports networks have just repeated the same "unconfirmed" story. Or have I missed something?

LarryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2017, 11:24 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryO View Post
As far as I know, the herniated disc is still just a rumor. None of my Google searches have turned up any confirmation of this rumor. All the sports networks have just repeated the same "unconfirmed" story. Or have I missed something?
No, but at this point it is a pretty safe bet that it is more than a rumour. The treatment for it is pure speculation.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2017, 12:27 PM
LCPreds

It's official. Placed on IR.

https://www.nhl.com/predators/news/p...ve/c-285237558

Quote:
The Nashville Predators have placed defenseman P.K. Subban on Injured Reserve with an upper-body injury, and his status will be reevaluated in approximately two to three weeks.

Subban last played on Dec. 15 and has been out of the lineup since with the ailment. In 29 games with the Predators this season, the blueliner has recorded seven goals and 17 points, including three tallies with the man advantage.

LCPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2017, 12:31 PM
wpgpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPreds View Post
The only positive here is that it looks like they're giving it a chance to heal on its own before they commit to surgery... Still depressing though

wpgpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2017, 01:43 PM
Scoresberg
Golden Era Preds

Surgery is a huge risk. Could be the end of his career in the worst case. Healing through rest is slow.

Horrible news. Just horrible.

Scoresberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2017, 01:52 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

I don't think it was related to last year's injury. I remember (vaguely because I'm me) that he fell hard into the boards in a game. He came back but he seemed to be playing tentatively. It wasn't long after that that he disappeared from the lineup. It is possible that last year's injury allowed him to become re-injured more easily, humans are like that, but I don't think we were traded damaged goods.

Obviously I wish him the best. Would have even had the trade not been made.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2017, 02:23 PM
LarryO

We don't even know if it's a herniated disk yet. You know that there are other types of back and neck injuries, don't you? You can have strained ligaments or strained muscles that are as painful as herniated discs. I've had back spasms that felt like a knife in the back and took over a week to get over, and an MRI showed that I had neither a herniated disc nor any stenosis. I was back on the ice after a couple weeks. Let's not get sucked into a rumor from an unknown source.

What do you make of the fact that Poile said that it was left up to P.K. to decide when he felt ready to get back on the ice? It almost sounds as if scans show nothing wrong and only P.K. knows when he'll be ready to return from the way that his body feels. I do however think that he should lay off of the heavy lifting. I think he enjoys weight training a bit too much and should limit it to what he needs to be in hockey shape.

LarryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2017, 02:40 PM
kypredsfan
Smashville Subban

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryO View Post

What do you make of the fact that Poile said that it was left up to P.K. to decide when he felt ready to get back on the ice? It almost sounds as if scans show nothing wrong and only P.K. knows when he'll be ready to return from the way that his body feels. I do however think that he should lay off of the heavy lifting. I think he enjoys weight training a bit too much and should limit it to what he needs to be in hockey shape.
I'm not sure what to think. You would think if it was a for sure herniated disc, scans would prove it by now, and the official word would be out. My wife said she had one when she was 21, and she had to have surgery, and said you would definitely not be able to be out and about and drinking and stuff with a disc like that. So I honestly don't know what to think.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2017, 02:48 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

I read that he skated and it didn't go well, then that he tried skating again and it also didn't go well. If you had a potential herniated disc, would you even try to skate?

Handtrick, where are you? I want answers.

Old
01-01-2017, 02:58 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
I read that he skated and it didn't go well, then that he tried skating again and it also didn't go well. If you had a potential herniated disc, would you even try to skate?

Handtrick, where are you? I want answers.
Obviously Im not an ortho, but I have had a herniated disc (that didn't require surgery). Its more of a problem with the pain it causes, not that trying to skate will necessarily make it dangerously worse.

Im pretty sure this was the case with Sully... it hurt, he'd try to play, couldn't... waited and waited... then finally had surgery(which didn't work the first time and had to be repeated I believe)

01-01-2017, 03:54 PM
Nitrous Mafia

well that sucks brahs.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2017, 09:12 PM
Evil Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
I don't think it was related to last year's injury. I remember (vaguely because I'm me) that he fell hard into the boards in a game. He came back but he seemed to be playing tentatively. It wasn't long after that that he disappeared from the lineup. It is possible that last year's injury allowed him to become re-injured more easily, humans are like that, but I don't think we were traded damaged goods.

Obviously I wish him the best. Would have even had the trade not been made.
Subban missed the last 14 games with a neck injury for the habs last season after a collision with his own player.

I hear this rumor the last few days about a back injury and now I guess its true, hope he gets better soon for you guys. On paper from a fan of another team you look to have a very talented blueline good luck.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2017, 11:41 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
Subban missed the last 14 games with a neck injury for the habs last season after a collision with his own player.

I hear this rumor the last few days about a back injury and now I guess its true, hope he gets better soon for you guys. On paper from a fan of another team you look to have a very talented blueline good luck.
I meant he was injured THIS season from falling into the boards. Sorry, vagueness on my end. I don't remember details well.

I also forget people aren't in my head thinking along with me when I type stuff sometimes.

Old
01-02-2017, 01:48 PM
Drake744
Tennessweden

I'm on my phone so I'm assuming this link will work but Poile seems optimistic. FWIW.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yah...3296--nhl.html

Old
01-02-2017, 02:45 PM
INDhockeyfan

The one quote about them not talking about surgery anymore was the most important quote. Subban is going to talk to the press tomorrow so we will learn more.

INDhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2017, 03:02 PM
Drake744
Tennessweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by INDhockeyfan View Post
The one quote about them not talking about surgery anymore was the most important quote. Subban is going to talk to the press tomorrow so we will learn more.
Yeah I thought the same thing. Also a good sign that he's still able to work out every day.

Old
01-02-2017, 03:17 PM
adsfan

From the Admirals Roundtable:

The Nashville Predators have reassigned defenseman Adam Pardy to the Milwaukee Admirals. The Predators also announced this afternoon that defenseman P.K. Subban will be placed on Injured Reserve with an upper-body injury and will be evaluated further in two to three weeks.

In recent practices for the Predators it appears that Anthony Bitetto is nearing a return following a broken hand. Should that occur it opens this door for Pardy to make his return to the Admirals while Petter Granberg remains topside as a flex option. Pardy’s absence has been very much missed for the Admirals who have sought out Blake Kessel and Rick Pinkston on PTO Contracts from the ECHL trying to find defensive balance.

Update: The Admirals released Kessel from his PTO Contract. His rights belong to the Kalamazoo Wings (ECHL) but he declined to report to them following an early season ECHL trade. It is unclear where he goes next from here.

Kessel's skating and defense are below AHL levels IMHO. His career might be over.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2017, 04:07 PM
Mypetrobot
sua sponte

So would PK participate in the all star game? Or rest up?

If i were the preds I would've made IR time past the all star game.

He could either be Jason Spezza or Eric daze with his reported back issues but no one ever gets better after a back injury.

Mypetrobot is offline   Reply With Quote