HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Tarnstrom Traded To Edmonton

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2006, 11:44 AM
Luigi Lemieux

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyjoe21
Maybe karma came the other way and we got our "naslund" back for dicky It could happen.

LOL Wouldn't you love to see the expression of Oiler fans and coaches when they see Tarnstrom try to play D?
it might work out for them. they have enough defensive dmen and 2 way forwards to mask tarnstrom's defensive flaws.

Old
01-27-2006, 11:58 AM
Cow_Master66

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemess
I like this deal for the Penguins more because it removes a problem than because of the players that are coming in return.

It is just my opinion but i believe that Tarnstrom being on the team has at least in part been a contributing factor to the poor play of Gonchar. Gonchar has a very specific role that he can fill and Tarnstrom was infringing on that.... forcing Gonchar into other areas, ie PK earlier this year, that knocked his confidence.

Removing Tarnstrom compltely from the mix puts Gonchar into a more settled position and now the Gonchar/Orpik pairing is working out his play should continue to improve.
So, we shouldn't plan on signing any defensmen with talent because Sergei will lose his confidence...Bummer.

Old
01-27-2006, 12:12 PM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cow_Master66
So, we shouldn't plan on signing any defensmen with talent because Sergei will lose his confidence...Bummer.
No, he's saying we shouldn't let the roles overlap. Everybody knew we had too many offensive defencemen. I, for one, am glad to see Tarnstrom gone. I liked him, but I'm more than pleased with getting Rita in return.

Old
01-27-2006, 12:16 PM
davemess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownExile
No, he's saying we shouldn't let the roles overlap. Everybody knew we had too many offensive defencemen.
That is exactly what i was saying.

Old
01-27-2006, 01:17 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Vlady27
The information I got re: Cross and his contract reads as follows:

"Cross signed a three-year deal as a pending free-agent in June of 2003. Financial terms were not disclosed."

source: www.rotowire.com

Now, since service time was included in the CBA with regards to the 2004-05 season, Cross should be finishing up his contract this year. I would agree that it was a BAD move if Cross still had $900,000 left for next season on his deal, but I seriously doubt it.
I stand corrected. (Posters on the Oilers board are saying he has another year left.)
He is a big solid defense first Dman who does well when he has good position (no foot speed), and keeps things simple.

Hopefully a new coach will be able to tap into Rita's potential. I always thought he could be a solid 2nd or 3rd line winger if he gained some confidence, and wasn't on a 2 foot leash every night. He was never given a fair chance my coach MacT. I hope that he proves the doubters in the Oilers Organization wrong and plays well for the Penguins.

Old
01-27-2006, 02:15 PM
Burgs

Both the Tribune-Review and the Post-Gazette report today that Cross has an option for next season. TSN.ca reported yesterday that he already is under contract at 912k. The Penguins website doesn't say anything at all about his contract.

Old
01-27-2006, 03:28 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianbarclay
You sound like you should be smart enough then to put your comments in the correct thread. In case you didn't realise this is a thread about Tarnstrom being dealt to Edmonton...
My initial post was in response to a comment about Malkin coming over in this particular thread.

Perhaps you missed that? Se post #43 in this thread.

Old
01-27-2006, 03:31 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty
Unlike most posters here, you're freakin' annoying.
If providing accurate information is "freakin' annoying", then I suppose you may have a point.

Old
01-27-2006, 03:36 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetcoaster
If providing accurate information is "freakin' annoying", then I suppose you may have a point.
But when you provide the same information 100 times...

Old
01-27-2006, 03:44 PM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

Quote:
My initial post was in response to a comment about Malkin coming over in this particular thread.

Perhaps you missed that? Se post #43 in this thread.
Man, it's like Ladyguin all over again. Apologies to Yogi Berra.

Old
01-27-2006, 03:45 PM
clefty
What a nice fella

Quote:
You've said it ten million times. And you hijack threads in doing so.
I don't care what you've done, I don't care what you do, I don't care if you think you're the world's expert on this kind of thing. Just shut up already.

Old
01-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
You've said it ten million times. And you hijack threads in doing so.
I don't care what you've done, I don't care what you do, I don't care if you think you're the world's expert on this kind of thing. Just shut up already.
Posters keep repeating that Malkin will be in the NHL nest season. I respond to that assertion and provide factual information.

No hijacking of threads - simply a response to an incorrect assertion in this particular thread.

I will continue to respond to posts and issues raised in those posts in particular threads (as I did here). In case you have not noticed threads are seldom single issues as they tend to branch out - sort of stream of consciousness posting if you will.

You need not read my posts should you not wish to do so - you can practise self-censorship.

Old
01-27-2006, 04:15 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtuzzi
But when you provide the same information 100 times...
And people obviously are not paying attention because they continue to make the same incorrect assertion 100 times.

Old
01-27-2006, 04:17 PM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

Quote:
And people obviously are not paying attention because they continue to make the same incorrect assertion 100 times.
I love vigilantes. Hey, do you take requests? There's a group of punk kids on my lawn that I need taken care of. I keep giving them correct information but they keep laughing at me. Any advice?

Old
01-27-2006, 04:18 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

He's earning $874,000 this season and has another year left on his deal at $912,000 for 2006-07. From sportsnet.ca

Link: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...26_155502_6064

Old
01-27-2006, 04:24 PM
clefty
What a nice fella

Quote:
Posters keep repeating that Malkin will be in the NHL nest season. I respond to that assertion and provide factual information.
Stop it. We'd like to mention Malkin without that little beeper going off in your head and your instantaneous flock to the thread, telling us the same old same old. You're an international lawyer or whatever. Congratulations. Now please, shut up.

The Penguins are probably going to have to negotiate a transfer with Malkin's team to get him. Gee no kidding, Sherlock. We really need some lawyer to tell us that.....675756383021 times.

Quote:
No hijacking of threads - simply a response to an incorrect assertion in this particular thread.
You most definitely are. This thread has nothing to do with Malkin, someone mentioned him in the context of a JOKE!

Quote:
I will continue to respond to posts and issues raised in those posts in particular threads (as I did here). In case you have not noticed threads are seldom single issues as they tend to branch out - sort of stream of consciousness posting if you will.
Not this one, chuckles. This has nothing to do with Malkin. Like I said to you in the first place, for you to bring up transfer agreements is totally unnecessary in this thread. But you, as soon as you see the word 'Malkin' in a Penguin thread, you go straight for your schtick that we've all heard a million times.

Quote:
You need not read my posts should you not wish to do so - you can practise self-censorship.
What, you think its just me who doesn't want to read your posts? Everyone here is sick of you because you regurgitate the same damn content.

Old
01-27-2006, 04:54 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
I love vigilantes. Hey, do you take requests? There's a group of punk kids on my lawn that I need taken care of. I keep giving them correct information but they keep laughing at me. Any advice?
You do understand irony - correct?

I simply turned the poster's own argument on its head.

Old
01-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
What, you think its just me who doesn't want to read your posts? Everyone here is sick of you because you regurgitate the same damn content.
As I said simple solution - ignore my posts.

Old
01-27-2006, 04:56 PM
clefty
What a nice fella

Quote:
Uhh, where is this incorrect assertion, Wetcoaster? Show me in this exact thread.

Old
01-27-2006, 05:02 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Uhh, where is this incorrect assertion, Wetcoaster? Show me in this exact thread.
Post #43 is my response.

Since Malkin is under contract to another team for the next 2 1/2 seasons and there is no mechanism to get a player out of Russia - my comment seems correct.

Are you taking issue with what I have said?

Thus far you have not done so. You have simply engaged in ad hominem arguments and personal attacks.

Old
01-27-2006, 05:08 PM
clefty
What a nice fella

You're unbelievable. Aki Fans post was a joke!!!

He said:
the five minutes I spent reading this, is 5 minutes closer to Malkin being here

Thats all. Didn't say a word about transfer agreements or contracts or anything like that. Just another case of you reading something that isn't there.

But let me play devils advocate. Lets say he was dead serious (which is a ridiculous premise). Whether Malkin signs in one year or 2....isn't this statement correct?

Last edited by clefty: 01-27-2006 at 05:15 PM.
Old
01-27-2006, 05:12 PM
HandshakeLine
is probso trolling u

Quote:
Post #43 is my response.

Since Malkin is under contract to another team for the next 2 1/2 seasons and there is no mechanism to get a player out of Russia - my comment seems correct.

Are you taking issue with what I have said?

Thus far you have not done so. You have simply engaged in ad hominem arguments and personal attacks.
Wow. Accusing me of having no sense of sarcasm? Yikes. And taking issue with a joke post about Malkin? Double yikes.

Do you go around telling kids that there's no Santa around Christmas time too, even if they're just singing Christmas carols for the hell of it? After all, that's spreading false information, as clearly, Santa cannot come to town. He doesn't exist. I mean, just turning your logic on its head...

Old
01-27-2006, 05:20 PM
Pens1566

Quote:
Wow. Accusing me of having no sense of sarcasm? Yikes. And taking issue with a joke post about Malkin? Double yikes.

Do you go around telling kids that there's no Santa around Christmas time too, even if they're just singing Christmas carols for the hell of it? After all, that's spreading false information, as clearly, Santa cannot come to town. He doesn't exist. I mean, just turning your logic on its head...
Didn't you know, international lawyers have no sarcasm. (see the smiley, it translates to sarcasm. )

Seriously, this is threadjacking with the "blah blah blah Malkin blah blah blah blah transfer agreement blah blah" bs. Go somewhere else. Or start an agent/lawyer thread.

Old
01-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Wow. Accusing me of having no sense of sarcasm?
I said irony - I do not engage in sarcasm which is much more base literary device albeit from the same roots.

Old
01-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
You're unbelievable. Aki Fans post was a joke!!!

He said:
the five minutes I spent reading this, is 5 minutes closer to Malkin being here

Thats all. Didn't say a word about transfer agreements or contracts or anything like that. Just another case of you reading something that isn't there.
And I made a one line throw away comment that somehow resulted in your deciding to enage in a personal battle.

Debates are fine, but argue with the point, not the person.

Closed Thread