HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft '17

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-03-2016, 01:11 PM
  #1
Mikey09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 398
vCash: 500
NHL Draft '17

I know that season just started, but im looking forward for the next draft, who possibly will be in our interest. I'll be glad if the Jackets take some scoring, right handed wingers/centers, can see Popugayev or Tippett fits the system well.

Who is your favourite to be picked by Jackets?

Mikey09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2016, 01:26 PM
  #2
CBJsixtysix
NO SPIN
 
CBJsixtysix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Columbus, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 4,791
vCash: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
I know that season just started, but im looking forward for the next draft, who possibly will be in our interest. I'll be glad if the Jackets take some scoring, right handed wingers/centers, can see Popugayev or Tippett fits the system well.

Who is your favourite to be picked by Jackets?
I can't even comprehend the draft right now.. simply thinking about 1 thing: THE PLAYOFFS

CBJsixtysix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2016, 07:08 PM
  #3
The Old Guy
Who Are Those Guys?
 
The Old Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Country: United States
Posts: 644
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
I know that season just started, but im looking forward for the next draft, who possibly will be in our interest. I'll be glad if the Jackets take some scoring, right handed wingers/centers, can see Popugayev or Tippett fits the system well.

Who is your favourite to be picked by Jackets?
I love your enthusiasm. I really do.

But please understand......there have been too many years in the last 16 that we are FORCED to focus upon the draft about December 1. Please let us enjoy this for a while. Please.

The Old Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2016, 10:54 PM
  #4
EDM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,036
vCash: 500
Don't we wind up with like the 31st pick or something like that ? ;-)

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2016, 11:03 PM
  #5
BLBow3r03
Registered User
 
BLBow3r03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Columbus, OHiO
Country: United States
Posts: 966
vCash: 500
Way too early for this thread bud.

BLBow3r03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2016, 01:01 AM
  #6
LetsGOJackets!!
Registered User
 
LetsGOJackets!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 3,168
vCash: 500
I haven't looked at who is in the draft class yet. That is a very good sign.. if you want to throw up the 1st 32 players and a brief bio that might be nice -

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2016, 04:36 AM
  #7
Tulipunaruusu*
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,193
vCash: 500
Will Puljujärvi return to the draft if the Oilers decide to buyout his contract prior to the draft?

Tulipunaruusu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2016, 05:23 AM
  #8
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 10,284
vCash: 500
I am pleased I wasn't forced to start this thread this year.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2016, 06:22 AM
  #9
Rufio035
Registered User
 
Rufio035's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 70
vCash: 500
Maybe this is the year our second round pick goes to Vancouver

Rufio035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2016, 06:39 AM
  #10
spintheblackcircle
...so that happened.
 
spintheblackcircle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 46,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyg035 View Post
Maybe this is the year our second round pick goes to Vancouver
...was going to post that as well.

__________________
Changes come. Keep your dignity. Take the high road. Take it like a man.
spintheblackcircle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2016, 09:10 AM
  #11
punk_o_holic
 
punk_o_holic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: N. Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Japan
Posts: 8,090
vCash: 500
If it's a late 1st rounder, trade the pick at the deadline for a rent a player.

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2016, 09:16 AM
  #12
WannabeFinn
Duuuuuub?
 
WannabeFinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 5,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
If it's a late 1st rounder, trade the pick at the deadline for a rent a player.
But what hole do we even have in the roster right now??

WannabeFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2016, 09:28 AM
  #13
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Guy View Post
I love your enthusiasm. I really do.

But please understand......there have been too many years in the last 16 that we are FORCED to focus upon the draft about December 1. Please let us enjoy this for a while. Please.
Why can't you do both? If you don't want to talk about the draft, don't open the thread that is titled "NHL Draft '17".

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2016, 09:29 AM
  #14
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
If it's a late 1st rounder, trade the pick at the deadline for a rent a player.
NO WAY! That is one of the last things we need to do. Making trades at the TD is stupid. You almost never win the trade. We are fine. We are a young team and we are going to keep getting better. The last thing we need to do is trade draft picks, young players, or prospects for a rental.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2016, 10:32 AM
  #15
EspenK
Registered User
 
EspenK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 10,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
NO WAY! That is one of the last things we need to do. Making trades at the TD is stupid. You almost never win the trade. We are fine. We are a young team and we are going to keep getting better. The last thing we need to do is trade draft picks, young players, or prospects for a rental.

I could see a trade at the deadline if we could unload a NMC guy (Hartnell) and we weren't in playoff contention.. I agree we shouldn't mortgage the future to add a guy.


Last edited by EspenK: 12-04-2016 at 11:06 AM.
EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2016, 11:16 AM
  #16
WannabeFinn
Duuuuuub?
 
WannabeFinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbus
Country: United States
Posts: 5,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
NO WAY! That is one of the last things we need to do. Making trades at the TD is stupid. You almost never win the trade. We are fine. We are a young team and we are going to keep getting better. The last thing we need to do is trade draft picks, young players, or prospects for a rental.
I wouldn't mind a TDL trade for Jagr

WannabeFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2016, 11:53 AM
  #17
RDriesenUD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
I could see a trade at the deadline if we could unload a NMC guy (Hartnell) and we weren't in playoff contention.. I agree we shouldn't mortgage the future to add a guy.
Yes. I should have been more specific. Buying is not smart.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2016, 12:34 PM
  #18
punk_o_holic
 
punk_o_holic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: N. Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Japan
Posts: 8,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeFinn View Post
But what hole do we even have in the roster right now??
Right now, none but later on at the deadline who knows(Hopefully no one is injured). I still would like to see another center. Keep Wennberg on the 1st line, 2nd line would be new guy(or New guy goes to the top line and Wennberg goes to the 2nd), Dubinsky to the 3rd, and Karlsson to the 4th(this part I hate). Then have Sedlak as the extra body. Only thing is, what number 1/2 centers will be available? Hanzal is one but the asking price was high a month ago and I don't think he's any better the Dubinsky on the 2nd line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesenUD View Post
NO WAY! That is one of the last things we need to do. Making trades at the TD is stupid. You almost never win the trade. We are fine. We are a young team and we are going to keep getting better. The last thing we need to do is trade draft picks, young players, or prospects for a rental.
Would it be best to let the team grow together like they are right now in the playoffs? Yes. Would it be better to let the young guys get experience? Again yes but I will admit, I'm a sucker for trades(same with free agency) which is why I suggested trading the 1st at the deadline. Maybe Bjorkstrand/Milano improves and them getting the call ups might be the only moves they make(addition within the organization).

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2016, 12:36 PM
  #19
leesmith
Still in.
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDM View Post
Don't we wind up with like the 31st pick or something like that ? ;-)
Yes, let's do THAT for a change! Let's pick 31st!

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2016, 01:03 PM
  #20
hardkorejackets
Registered User
 
hardkorejackets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Coldwater, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 321
vCash: 678
Since, I like talking about the draft.. I'll chime in anyways.

I really don't know where we would go with our 1st overall draft pick. I could see the Jacket's going Center, Forward, or even Defenseman in the right cases.
1. I'm becoming "less sold" on some of our top prospects, not sure if it's just a case of being "glass half empty" or just having a better team as well. As of now, I think we would go "winger" if we were in the right draft spot, but obviously that can change.
2. Expansion draft upcoming.
3. Finally, It's December 4th and we are one of the better teams in the NHL in the point standings with games in hand. I could see us picking in a wide variety of places.
4. I would love to have Nikita Popugayev, because he is a Russian, 6'6". 203 pound RW with about 40 points in 27 WHL games this year, but I'm definitely not about to get my hopes up after last year and due to the fact, I think he'll be taken before we even could think about drafting.

hardkorejackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2016, 01:05 PM
  #21
leesmith
Still in.
 
leesmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,800
vCash: 500
Let's say we pick in the 20-31 range. Just go for the best player available regardless of position.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2016, 01:19 PM
  #22
db2011
Registered User
 
db2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 3,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardkorejackets View Post
Since, I like talking about the draft.. I'll chime in anyways.

I really don't know where we would go with our 1st overall draft pick. I could see the Jacket's going Center, Forward, or even Defenseman in the right cases.
1. I'm becoming "less sold" on some of our top prospects, not sure if it's just a case of being "glass half empty" or just having a better team as well. As of now, I think we would go "winger" if we were in the right draft spot, but obviously that can change.
2. Expansion draft upcoming.
3. Finally, It's December 4th and we are one of the better teams in the NHL in the point standings with games in hand. I could see us picking in a wide variety of places.
4. I would love to have Nikita Popugayev, because he is a Russian, 6'6". 203 pound RW with about 40 points in 27 WHL games this year, but I'm definitely not about to get my hopes up after last year and due to the fact, I think he'll be taken before we even could think about drafting.
I hope we won't be getting that

db2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2016, 01:32 PM
  #23
Double-Shift Lassé
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassé's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Semirural Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 21,674
vCash: 500
Hard to look ahead when the rankings haven't coalesced enough and we have n idea where team will finish. Add me to the list of don't trade it even if it's late.

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassé is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2016, 02:04 PM
  #24
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kölumboos
Country: United States
Posts: 30,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
I could see a trade at the deadline if we could unload a NMC guy (Hartnell) and we weren't in playoff contention.. I agree we shouldn't mortgage the future to add a guy.
I don't like the idea of unloading Hartnell just for the sake of dropping a NMC. He's still our best mentor figure for the kids and we have a ton of kids.

Presuming that the team stays good, the only way I want him leaving this year is if he decides to retire after hoisting the Cup. Or if we're getting one hell of a ripoff deal in return and he's willing to waive. Otherwise, IMO he should stay.

* * *
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeFinn View Post
I wouldn't mind a TDL trade for Jagr
See, this is the thing. We don't need Jagr. Hartnell is filling that role for us exceptionally well. We could add him, but he hasn't been playing well in the playoffs the last few years, and everything else he does is covered. All it'd get us is historical footnote bragging rights and that warm feeling of seeing "JAGR 68" on the back of a Jackets jersey. Not really worth it IMO.

* * *

As for the draft itself... at this rate, I'll start caring when it's May or so.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2016, 02:18 PM
  #25
hardkorejackets
Registered User
 
hardkorejackets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Coldwater, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 321
vCash: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by db2011 View Post
I hope we won't be getting that
Whoops, my bad. Meant "with our first pick"

hardkorejackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.