HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft '17

Old
01-02-2017, 09:07 AM
Xoggz22

vCash: 500
Likely the year we forfeit the 2nd rounder for Vancouver for Torts. Let's hope they keep it rolling so it's a very low 2nd...

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2017, 05:42 PM
WannabeFinn
Duuuuuub?

Nico Hischier is a stud.

WannabeFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2017, 01:21 PM
Saad Panda

Just out of curiosity: given the hatred of his father 'round these parts, is Callan Foote an automatic "do not draft"?

Slightly tongue-in-cheek but I'm genuinely interested in peoples' opinions.

Saad Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2017, 01:26 PM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad Panda View Post
Just out of curiosity: given the hatred of his father 'round these parts, is Callan Foote an automatic "do not draft"?

Before you draft him, have the Jackets' private plane fueled up and ready to go on a Denver runway even before you announce the pick.

Old
01-12-2017, 04:32 PM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saad Panda View Post

I'm not going to go so far as to say it's an automatic "no", but I sure as heck wouldn't be all that inclined to pick him given that he was raised by a man with such serious character flaws.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2017, 11:56 PM
mikeyp24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
Likely the year we forfeit the 2nd rounder for Vancouver for Torts. Let's hope they keep it rolling so it's a very low 2nd...
The good thing is that GMJK seems to do his best in every round but the 2nd. Not saying our 2nds are bad under him but every other round is much better haha.

Honestly I feel this is a weak ish draft and wouldn't mind trading our 1st and something else for another piece. I'm not sure what because I don't see much space for upgrade but it does that hurt to try and improve the team. Maybe even the 1st + prospect to get up in the draft a little. We actually have a little C depth in the pool now and we have tons of D depth and the wingers are great.

The only spots I realistically see being weak on our team right now is 2C where Dubi is now but we have the peice in development in PLD to replace him and move him to 3C where he would be top teir 3C and have wild bill or Sedlak at 4 where we would be in excellent posision. Jenner isn't currently playing well but with Milano getting closer to ready I am not as worried there although this is where I feel most likely our #1 pick should be focused on. Our biggest weakness prospect wise to me is LW. Is Abramov LW or RW? I think our 1st+Jenner can net us a better guy there even tossing in a Bittner or another B prostpect. Our #6D could be better. Nutivaara is still a rookie adjusting to smaller ice and could improve and many on here think he is a great fit but I feel we have 2 better guys to fill that role and will have a chance to do so next year so I'm not to worried there even though it is a current weakness. And backup/future starting goalie which we have 2 guys who have showed flashes but have been so inconsistent with high ups and low downs to not really feel overly confident in long term knowing what we have. Elvis Merzlikins might even be our guy but right now I feel this is another spot we should use a 5th round or higher spot on to shore up if we don't trade for one.

All in all I think this draft we need to focus on LW and G and maybe even making a trade for a ELC or young long term solution to LW behind Saad using a combo of Jenner 1st round pick and prospects.

mikeyp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2017, 01:33 AM
CBJWennberg10
It's Playoff Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoggz22 View Post
I think we should hold out and protest this like New Jersey did for the Kovy thing.

CBJWennberg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2017, 02:08 AM
georgiabluejacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJWennberg10 View Post
I think we should hold out and protest this like New Jersey did for the Kovy thing.
Yeah, that whole thing seemed incredibly fishy to me because one of the years they could've given it up, they had the 29th pick I think it was(Matteau) and they decided to keep it, then it comes to the last year in which they have to give it up and "surprise" we decided to reinstate the future 1st you owed us. SUSPECT!!!!

georgiabluejacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2017, 08:53 AM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

we draft Foote, and immediately trade him in a package for Duchene!!! Brilliant! "ish"

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2017, 04:16 AM
EspenK

Once again the Jackets have effed their draft position...this time they just did it early...

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 08:12 AM
nativecbj

1) Will Korpi be exposed for the expansion draft?

2) Jackets will definitely be picking somewhere in the 20s, and if that is the case I hope they take a look at Klim Kostin. Big Russian winger with whose game style I think would mesh well with the current CBJ roster.

nativecbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 10:33 AM
PanarinBagel
Playoff bound

vCash: 1356
Send a message via AIM to PanarinBagel
Some people in hear saying we have no holes, doesn't mean we shouldn't improve
at the TDL. I'd prefer to keep our 1st this year though.

PanarinBagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2017, 10:49 AM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeezy View Post
Some people in hear saying we have no holes, doesn't mean we shouldn't improve
at the TDL. I'd prefer to keep our 1st this year though.
In principle I concur. In practice, it might be - heck, probably is - more cost-effective to just leave things be. It's not a blanket "no", but more of a "that seems to be the most prudent approach under the presently known circumstances."

Old
02-28-2017, 01:35 AM
WannabeFinn
Duuuuuub?

I know a lot of people are poopooing on this 2017 draft but IMO drafting in the 20-31 range isn't any worse than it would've been in previous years. Good year to not be stuck with a top 10 pick

WannabeFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2017, 05:40 PM
JacketsFanWest

Marcus Davidsson is a center from Djurgrden who's on the mock drafts in the range of #20 to early 2nd round.

Two years ago, he was talked about as a top 5 pick, but he hasn't quite lived up to expectations. If he had come over to the CHL, he likely would be picked much higher. He's been playing on a kid-line for DIF that doesn't see a lot of ice time and DIF is one of the lowest scoring teams in the SHL. So his stat line isn't great (9 pts in 40 games). DIF's SuperElit U20 team didn't qualify for the top 10 tournament and DIF likely won't make the SHL playoffs, so Davidsson might be a little under the radar.

He's got a laser of a shot and more of a shoot-first type of style than Wennberg, but they were developed in the same system.

JacketsFanWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2017, 05:41 PM
leesmith
Still in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Once again the Jackets have effed their draft position...this time they just did it early...
I hope they eff it up even more. Might as well pick 31st.

leesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 07:02 PM
Mikey09

Oh my god, that Suzuki guy is real treat to watch! Wish we will take him....or Kole Lind/Robert Thomas when he is gone

Mikey09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 08:24 PM
stevo61

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketsFanWest View Post
Marcus Davidsson is a center from Djurgrden who's on the mock drafts in the range of #20 to early 2nd round.

Two years ago, he was talked about as a top 5 pick, but he hasn't quite lived up to expectations. If he had come over to the CHL, he likely would be picked much higher. He's been playing on a kid-line for DIF that doesn't see a lot of ice time and DIF is one of the lowest scoring teams in the SHL. So his stat line isn't great (9 pts in 40 games). DIF's SuperElit U20 team didn't qualify for the top 10 tournament and DIF likely won't make the SHL playoffs, so Davidsson might be a little under the radar.

He's got a laser of a shot and more of a shoot-first type of style than Wennberg, but they were developed in the same system.
I like Lind if hes available I think but even though i dont think ive ever heard Davidsson talked about as a top 5 pick I wouldnt be upset with that pick either

stevo61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 02:21 PM
PanarinBagel
Playoff bound

vCash: 1356
Send a message via AIM to PanarinBagel
I want Matthew Strome. The family pedigree is there, plays PP/PK has great hockey sense too. Only thing holding him back is his skating and I think that's something that can be fixed with training.

Lipanov would be a good pick as well.

Last edited by PanarinBagel: 03-21-2017 at 02:31 PM.
PanarinBagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 02:36 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogeezy View Post
I want Matthew Strome. The family pedigree is there, plays PP/PK has great hockey sense too. Only thing holding him back is his skating and I think that's something that can be fixed with training.

Lipanov would be a good pick as well.
I don't think family pedigree counts as a good thing when your older brothers both disappointed on their draft positions.

Give me a guy whose father and/or brothers showed unexpected development after 18, not stagnation.

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2017, 02:05 AM
Vali Maki Sushi
Tuna Vali Maki Roll

Just curious at the draft would anyone be okay with this type of deal?

Bjorkstrand and a 1st (26th overall or lower in the drafting sense) for Sam Bennett?

Vali Maki Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2017, 05:28 AM
EDM

As soon as you said Bjork, the answer became No.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2017, 07:25 AM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeat View Post

Bjorkstrand and a 1st (26th overall or lower in the drafting sense) for Sam Bennett?
Not really. We have no interest in trading Bjorkstrand at all, and Bennet is a little too risky for us at the moment. It's an interesting "buy low" opportunity, but one we don't really need to pursue. Certainly not at the expense of a guy who's been for all intents and purposes our best deadline addition.

Old
03-22-2017, 07:42 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeat View Post

I assume your fans.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2017, 07:50 AM
Vali Maki Sushi
Tuna Vali Maki Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
I assume your fans.
Unfortunately with how much they overrate Bennett, you can offer Atkinson and Wennberg and they wouldn't accept... Bjork and a 1st is more reasonable, but I can see why you're not up for it.

Vali Maki Sushi is offline   Reply With Quote