HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alain Vigneault Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2017, 10:58 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
The 3rd Isles goal epitomizes everything that I have come to identify with AV coaching when it comes to defense. Just one opposition player skating around the front of the net and FOUR Ranger players just waiving their sticks at him. Not even a breath that is meant to separate the player for the puck. That was disgusting.

Old
02-17-2017, 11:45 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
The 3rd Isles goal epitomizes everything that I have come to identify with AV coaching when it comes to defense. Just one opposition player skating around the front of the net and FOUR Ranger players just waiving their sticks at him. Not even a breath that is meant to separate the player for the puck. That was disgusting.
AV hired Jeff Beukeboom to coach the defense. Do you think Jeff Beukeboom taught them that, or was it simply a terrible play?

Old
02-17-2017, 11:48 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
AV hired Jeff Beukeboom to coach the defense. Do you think Jeff Beukeboom taught them that, or was it simply a terrible play?
AV may have hired Beuk, but he is the coach. And the defensive play has been the same under him no matter who the assistant is. That is the commonality. So n, I do not believe that Jeff Beukeboom taught them that. It was a terrible play. One that we have seen many, many times under AV. Not a coincidence.

Old
02-17-2017, 11:56 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
AV may have hired Beuk, but he is the coach. And the defensive play has been the same under him no matter who the assistant is. That is the commonality. So n, I do not believe that Jeff Beukeboom taught them that. It was a terrible play. One that we have seen many, many times under AV. Not a coincidence.
The commonality is also the players. The only one in the group that ever played with any sort of sustained physicality is Girardi, and that was well before he turned into a broken down lemon over the last few years.

Old
02-17-2017, 12:10 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
The commonality is also the players. The only one in the group that ever played with any sort of sustained physicality is Girardi, and that was well before he turned into a broken down lemon over the last few years.
The commonality is the way the players play or are coached to do so. On orders from their head coach. This is not so much a physicality thing as it is about 4 players surrounding one and all they can do is waive their friggin' sticks.

Old
03-03-2017, 11:43 AM
Crease

Was thinking, when was the last time a Rangers coach said "Player X makes mistakes in his own zone but he works hard and he makes up for it with his offense."

Old
03-03-2017, 11:46 AM
NYR713

Great AV call last night putting his worst FO guy in to take a draw in the defensive zone with 2.2 seconds left of a 1 goal game. I'm not a total basher because I think he's a great overall coach, but he really makes some decisions that make no sense to me.

Old
03-03-2017, 11:51 AM
Thirty One
k.

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
Was thinking, when was the last time a Rangers coach said "Player X makes mistakes in his own zone but he works hard and he makes up for it with his offense."
Hockey doesn't work like that, Crease. You can make up for offensive deficiency with defense, but not the other way around.

Old
03-03-2017, 12:03 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty One View Post
Hockey doesn't work like that, Crease. You can make up for offensive deficiency with defense, but not the other way around.
Ken Hitchcock is that you?

Old
03-03-2017, 01:14 PM
Hire Sather
Still Good Enough

Send a message via AIM to Hire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR713 View Post
Great AV call last night putting his worst FO guy in to take a draw in the defensive zone with 2.2 seconds left of a 1 goal game. I'm not a total basher because I think he's a great overall coach, but he really makes some decisions that make no sense to me.
Center has got to get his knees on the ice there and tie it up.

You should never allow a chance of a shot on goal with that little time left.

Old
03-04-2017, 08:23 PM
LeetchisGod
Won't win with AV

Vancouver fans warned us. Now we're stuck with this turd.

Old
03-04-2017, 08:38 PM
DrRecchi

vCash: 50
I think AV is part of the problem, but they don't really have the horses to play consistent possession hockey unless the roster gets revamped. Bring in a new coach and he still has to deal with the wondertwins, their reputation/respect in the dressing room and forcing them minutes.

Old
03-04-2017, 08:48 PM
Paulie Walnutz
Corsi? Fuhgedaboudit

Send a message via AIM to Paulie Walnutz
His lack of in game adjustments will be the death of this team. It's so simple to beat us. Neutral zone trap and that's it for us, we can't get anything going. Clog up the ice, take away our speed and we're done.

Old
03-04-2017, 09:34 PM
an Girar i
(D)an Girar(d)i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty One View Post
Yes you can.

See: Penguins, Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnutz View Post
His lack of in game adjustments will be the death of this team. It's so simple to beat us. Neutral zone trap and that's it for us, we can't get anything going. Clog up the ice, take away our speed and we're done.
How much of that is the players not being able to dump the puck in and get it back? In terms of the personnel and the execution of it?

Like I've always said, coach installs the plan, players have to execute. When it fails, it's easy to point at the guy behind the bench.

Old
03-05-2017, 07:32 AM
Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by mint View Post
I think AV is part of the problem, but they don't really have the horses to play consistent possession hockey unless the roster gets revamped. Bring in a new coach and he still has to deal with the wondertwins, their reputation/respect in the dressing room and forcing them minutes.
Yes, when the team don`t execute - it`s part coach problem as well. I agree, we need some new players with a new coach. I still think G should be bought out, and move M. Staal, and get some new defenders with a new system and tactics.
And hopefully more focus on possession; they dumb & chase too much and lack puck possession - so they will chase the puck and play defense most of the time like last night - even Stepan mention that in the interview.

Last edited by Ori: 03-05-2017 at 07:37 AM.
Old
03-05-2017, 09:47 AM
Raspewtin
Fire Clowneault

vCash: 50
Boy howdy am I glad we extended this genius for another 4 years. What a time to be alive.

"It's going to be a zoo no matter what, Staalmania, Staals everywhre, omg Staal on Staal action, three brothers hockeying! Staal returning to Carolina omg what news! All the feels he is feel..." - Ail on Eric Staal's return to Carolina.
Old
03-05-2017, 10:29 AM
broadwayblue

Yeah, this team has been terrible the last few years with this coach. lol

Old
03-05-2017, 11:47 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie Walnutz View Post
You get to the same point, but I think that in this argument it is from a different angle. Is there a lack of-ingame adjustments? Absolutely. However, last night was not the problem of in game adjustments. Last night the issue was that the team is made up exactly the way that AV wants it do be. This is an all-skill team. No willingness to battle along the boards. No willingness to go into a corner. No willingness to clear the crease. No willingness to pay the price by going in front of the other team's goal. No willingness to get their nose dirty.

It is pond hockey or nothing else. And when teams are not willing to give the Rangers pond hockey, you get what you get.

Old
03-05-2017, 11:47 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Terrible? No. But certainly not winning the Cup.

Old
03-05-2017, 12:20 PM
Oscar Lindberg

Get ****ed AV

Can't wait for this guy to be gone

Old
03-05-2017, 12:47 PM
Ail
Kidmograph tho.

Quote:
Has so little to do with him, this clown is riding the coat tails of good players and has been most of his career. Better lucky than good, right AV?

Old
03-05-2017, 01:51 PM
bl02

Quote:
This a tough thread to comment on for this reason. He's the first person to get bashed and the last to get any credit but I guess that's what happens when you're a coach in professional sports . I'm not gonna change anyone's mind that honestly thinks he's a horrible and not even an NHL level coach. No positive debate can come of it . Im not the biggest av fan but at this point it's gotten ridiculous. I can't wait till he's gone so we can put an end to it

Old
03-05-2017, 01:55 PM
bl02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ail View Post
Has so little to do with him, this clown is riding the coat tails of good players and has been most of his career. Better lucky than good, right AV?
And what coach that's had the success and making it to two Stanley cup finals (should have been 3) hasn't had good players if not elite! The Rangers have no one on the level of a Kane or a Crosby or a malkin when it comes to playoff time. If 61 was even close to that we just may have had a cup in 2014

Old
03-05-2017, 02:20 PM
Ail
Kidmograph tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl02 View Post
And what coach that's had the success and making it to two Stanley cup finals (should have been 3) hasn't had good players if not elite! The Rangers have no one on the level of a Kane or a Crosby or a malkin when it comes to playoff time. If 61 was even close to that we just may have had a cup in 2014
He had two rosters with great to elite players. The Blackhawks never had goaltending like Luongo or Lundqvist. AV also had the Sedins who were trading B2B Art Ross wins like Pokemon cards. No excuses with personnel. Both of those teams were good enough to win. You can't measure how much is on coaching versus the players, but after seeing AV make dumbfounding roster decision after absurd roster decision, I'm having trouble giving him much credit. He implements a system then picks some of his worst options to play in it over guys much more suited. Then when things go wrong he chews his gum, flips a few lines around and hopes the other team magically forgot how to expose his flaws.

Old
03-05-2017, 02:56 PM
bl02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ail View Post
He had two rosters with great to elite players. The Blackhawks never had goaltending like Luongo or Lundqvist. AV also had the Sedins who were trading B2B Art Ross wins like Pokemon cards. No excuses with personnel. Both of those teams were good enough to win. You can't measure how much is on coaching versus the players, but after seeing AV make dumbfounding roster decision after absurd roster decision, I'm having trouble giving him much credit. He implements a system then picks some of his worst options to play in it over guys much more suited. Then when things go wrong he chews his gum, flips a few lines around and hopes the other team magically forgot how to expose his flaws.
I know we've had this debate before but give me the Blackhawks roster and Corey Crawford over the Rangers roster and lundqvist during the Hawks cup runs.
Crawford is more than good enough to carry a team when you have the likes of Kane scoring huge goals when it matters . Not to mention a top 4 defense that most teams would kill to have .
Also I know people can say I making excuses but in the 2011 finals 5 or 6 key players were hurt or out for Vancouver while Boston had none. Series went 7. Boston had a better team

Closed Thread