HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This Team Ain't Going Nowhere Folks!

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2006, 12:18 AM
Rob Stauber*

vCash: 500
This Team Ain't Going Nowhere Folks!

You can bring back Demitra, Roenick, Belanger & Miller all you want. This team just is not good enough.

How long is Andy Murray going to let our Special Teams keep losing games for us ? Its horrendous right now.

Until Van Boxmeer & Hardy are gone, this team isn't even legit. 5-on-5, I like our chances against any team in the league, but this is a special teams league now more than ever before. As a result, we're a pretender.

One other thing, we probably will not be making the playoffs. You can pencil SJ in. Its gonna come down to LA & EDM for the last spot and frankly our stupidity will cost us a playoff spot.

*waits for EDM to come into staples on the back end of a back-to-backer and win convincingly*

Old
01-26-2006, 12:59 AM
jfont

Awards:
then you don't have any reason to cheer them this year...might as well pack up. so, see you next year Rob Stauber.

don't fall off the bandwagon on your way out man...

01-26-2006, 01:02 AM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
then you don't have any reason to cheer them this year...might as well pack up. so, see you next year Rob Stauber.

After reading Staubers posts tonight, I didn't know how to put it into words... Am I concerned about how things are going for LA? Yes, but....
Anyway, I digress (as usual) Thanks jfont. I couldn't have responded better.

Old
01-26-2006, 01:02 AM
Rob Stauber*

Quote:

I would respond but your a mod

Old
01-26-2006, 01:11 AM
jfont

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA
After reading Staubers posts tonight, I didn't know how to put it into words... Am I concerned about how things are going for LA? Yes, but....
Anyway, I digress (as usual) Thanks jfont. I couldn't have responded better.
I just don't understand why people would stop cheering and have this defeatist attitude here sometimes...about a team thats actually in the thick of things. If they think the kings done, well fine. But, why come back here and talk about them some more? Its like they're into self mutilation or something.

now, excuse me but theres an interesting documentary on national geographic.

Old
01-26-2006, 01:14 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Stauber
I would respond but your a mod
Come on jfont...put down your badge and gun...let's settle this one-on-one ... poster to poster...

Old
01-26-2006, 01:15 AM
Tadite

Quote:

Keep up the good posts.

Old
01-26-2006, 01:35 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Maybe we should kindly direct Mr. Stauber to a message board where his thoughts could be better appreciated. Try letsgokings.com.

Old
01-26-2006, 01:43 AM
Goallum

I agree with the thread title.

Here to play, here to stay!

Old
01-26-2006, 01:46 AM
Goallum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust
Maybe we should kindly direct Mr. Stauber to a message board where his thoughts could be better appreciated. Try letsgokings.com.
Actually, Rob's post is quite in line with much of the stuff posted on this "adult" board today.

Old
01-26-2006, 02:09 AM
Venom_17

So if we ain't going nowhere...that means we are going somewhere. Because it is a double negative. So Mr. Stauber is actually saying the Kings are going somewhere!!!

Hooray for optimism!!

Old
01-26-2006, 02:36 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
The ignore button works wonders folks.

Old
01-26-2006, 02:43 AM
Rob Stauber*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFan24
Actually, Rob's post is quite in line with much of the stuff posted on this "adult" board today.

Your a quality poster KingFan24, keep it up! This place needs more quality posters like you.

Old
01-26-2006, 02:55 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
How would the Kings have a bandwagon to jump off of?

Old
01-26-2006, 02:56 AM
Homunculous

Bah I've been a Nuggets fan for years, and their recent "success" has taught me pretty much every team out there can turn it around with any thing. That thing for the Kings to actualy become a good team through the whole season may be health, it may be special teams, but if I'm not mistaken we actualy had damn good special teams a couple years ago and still missed the playoffs because of beastly injuries. Lets get ourself a new training staff and see how it goes.

Old
01-26-2006, 03:05 AM
Pete Rock

At least you guys don't have to watch the Leafs.

Our future involves Alex Steen and a bunch of middling prospects. You guys have a cornucopia of excitement to look forward too. That, and your team is better now.

Old
01-26-2006, 03:08 AM
Rob Stauber*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Rock
At least you guys don't have to watch the Leafs.

Our future involves Alex Steen and a bunch of middling prospects. You guys have a cornucopia of excitement to look forward too. That, and your team is better now.

How's Jason Allison ?

Old
01-26-2006, 11:10 AM
took420s

Quote:
You can bring back Demitra, Roenick, Belanger & Miller all you want. This team just is not good enough.

How long is Andy Murray going to let our Special Teams keep losing games for us ? Its horrendous right now.

Until Van Boxmeer & Hardy are gone, this team isn't even legit. 5-on-5, I like our chances against any team in the league, but this is a special teams league now more than ever before. As a result, we're a pretender.

One other thing, we probably will not be making the playoffs. You can pencil SJ in. Its gonna come down to LA & EDM for the last spot and frankly our stupidity will cost us a playoff spot.

*waits for EDM to come into staples on the back end of a back-to-backer and win convincingly*
I kept hearing this loud banging noise on my roof the other night. I didn't know what it was until I saw this thread...

The sky has indeed fallen for some Kings fans

Who was that character that kept running around insisting that the sky was falling???

Old
01-26-2006, 11:58 AM
SLang

What I don't understand is why is this such a big deal, now. I mean, it's not as if we're talking about a "how the mighty have fallen" story.....I mean, it's the Kings, we're Kings fans. We've been suffering under mediocrity just about every year (except '92-'93) since 1967. There have been far, far worse King teams than this put on the ice in previous years. And I disagree about the guys coming off injuries, I think this team will improve when they're back. It all starts tonight against Edmonton, where supposedly Miller will return.

I mean really, if it's so bad for you now, maybe it's time to start looking for another team to back.

Me, I'm going to back the Kings, just like every year. They say even a blind squirrel eventually finds a nut. Maybe it's the same for Stanley Cups, too!

Old
01-26-2006, 02:03 PM
Fripp

Double negative!!

Old
01-26-2006, 02:25 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Yeesh... Rob - what's up with going off the deep end? The Kings have been parked in a 2nd - 5th playoff position for quite some time with a VERY banged up lineup. Isn't it at least mildly reasonable to assume that when they're healthy again they'll be able to at least maintain their position in the standings?

The last 8 games before the Olympic break are all against teams the Kings have a good chance of beating on any given night with their current lineup. Gettin Miller, JR, Demitra and Belanger back will be a huge help!

- T

Old
01-26-2006, 07:56 PM
Pete Rock

Quote:
How's Jason Allison ?
Actually, he's pretty much what I had expected. Great passing game, knows how to score but doesn't always shoot. Horrible skating, horrible defensive play.

Some Leaf fans think he's the worst player ever, but that's because they expect every single big name acquisition to be Doug Gilmour circa 1992.

EDIT - At 8:02 PM EST, Alison kicks a puck into his own net.

Last edited by Pete Rock: 01-26-2006 at 08:03 PM.
Old
01-26-2006, 07:59 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Actually, he's pretty much what I had expected. Great passing game, knows how to score but doesn't always shoot. Horrible skating, horrible defensive play.

Some Leaf fans think he's the worst player ever, but that's because they expect every single big name acquisition to be Doug Gilmour circa 1992.
Hasn't he been one of the better players on the team this year?

Old
01-26-2006, 08:07 PM
Pete Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25
Hasn't he been one of the better players on the team this year?
Offensively, probably the best, but as with many other examples, stats don't tell the whole story.

Much like, unless things have changed in the last month, Joe Corvo being one of the better players on the Kings. The stats would say yes, but everytime I see him (which is rare I'll admit), I'm left with a feeling of emptiness.

Old
01-26-2006, 08:10 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Offensively, probably the best, but as with many other examples, stats don't tell the whole story.

Much like, unless things have changed in the last month, Joe Corvo being one of the better players on the Kings. The stats would say yes, but everytime I see him (which is rare I'll admit), I'm left with a feeling of emptiness.
He is being used on the PK, is he not?

And I can see him having defensive shortcomings...he was slow in the old NHL...that fact doesn't help in the new one.

Closed Thread