HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Melanson has been with Carey Price for a couple of days

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-26-2006, 05:48 PM
  #1
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,907
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Melanson has been with Carey Price for a couple of days

Melanson has been accompanying Price for awhile and i noticed the improvement.. he is now back helping Mr. Theodore

Rise from the Ashes is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 05:53 PM
  #2
Chfan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Chfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,681
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Zednik
Melanson has been accompanying Price for awhile and i noticed the improvement.. he is now back helping Mr. Theodore


Chfan is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 05:56 PM
  #3
sXe
Yuuuuuup!
 
sXe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,724
vCash: 500
Melanson said he had a 3-year plan for Price. He seems to be dedicated to making this pick worth our while.

sXe is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 06:03 PM
  #4
Joey
Registered User
 
Joey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,072
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
Melanson having a 3-year plan for a prospect so important to this organization is his sneaky way of securing his job for another 3 years

Joey is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 06:29 PM
  #5
fufonzo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,522
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
Melanson having a 3-year plan for a prospect so important to this organization is his sneaky way of securing his job for another 3 years
Haha, it's funny cuz it's true.

fufonzo is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 07:21 PM
  #6
David_99
Registered User
 
David_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Moncton, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
Melanson having a 3-year plan for a prospect so important to this organization is his sneaky way of securing his job for another 3 years
Doesn't Harper have a 5 year plan to lower taxes? Um, isn't your time up in 4 years? Just reminded me of that.

David_99 is online now  
Old
01-26-2006, 07:26 PM
  #7
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99
Doesn't Harper have a 5 year plan to lower taxes? Um, isn't your time up in 4 years? Just reminded me of that.
Canadian terms go up to 5 years actually.

Fish on The Sand is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 08:03 PM
  #8
Namso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 4,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey
Melanson having a 3-year plan for a prospect so important to this organization is his sneaky way of securing his job for another 3 years
lol good one

Namso is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 08:25 PM
  #9
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe
Melanson said he had a 3-year plan for Price. He seems to be dedicated to making this pick worth our while.
It makes perfect sense to me...Theo's contract is done in 3 years so Price moves in to play with Danis.

RE-HABS is offline  
Old
01-26-2006, 09:51 PM
  #10
Ford Prefect
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
Canadian terms go up to 5 years actually.
That's technically not true. The charter codifies that the house can only sit for five years, but technically there does not need to be a sitting of the Commons for another year after that, so it could go up to 6. Though every 3 months the house needs to pass funding bills. The government can constitutionally waive the requirement once in the event that parliament has been dissolved. Then they can get approval from the Treasury Board, so in reality the commons can actually go 5 years and 6 months between sittings, and still operate a functional government. But, for the lay person, yes your answer is correct

Ford Prefect is offline  
Old
01-27-2006, 01:20 AM
  #11
Avant-Gardien
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cambridge, MA
Country: Canada
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
Harper's in a shaky minority. He'll be lucky to last two years before he pisses off the Bloc enough for them to team up with the Liberals for a no-confidence vote.

Also, thumbs up to Melanson working with Price.

Avant-Gardien is offline  
Old
01-27-2006, 10:48 AM
  #12
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,073
vCash: 500
The Habs can't afford to allow Price to mess up. There's too much at stake.

From what I hear Latendresse is sorely in need of special mentoring. All that hypeabout his starting the season in Montréal was just a wet dream.

Teufelsdreck is offline  
Old
01-27-2006, 11:52 AM
  #13
Ford Prefect
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhollah Khomeini
Harper's in a shaky minority. He'll be lucky to last two years before he pisses off the Bloc enough for them to team up with the Liberals for a no-confidence vote.

Also, thumbs up to Melanson working with Price.
That remains to be seen. With the country having gone through 3 elections in the last 5 1/2 years, no one is going to be quick to bring down the government. At $250,000,000.00 per pop, no one is going to want to be responsible for another. I don't think that there are going to be any major objections to the platform that the Conservatives are going to be bringing to the table. He promised to correct the "fiscal imbalance" which means he has the Bloc's support. Add to that, you're going to see a protracted battle for the next leader of Canada's governing party. I think Martin is going to try his best to block the campaigns of some of the leading candidates (Copps, Manley to name a few). They're not going to be in position to block anything, with the disarray you're gonna see. Don't be surprised to see this minority last 3 years. It will last until:

a) Harper tries to implement some social conservative agenda. He's too smart to try until he has a majority;
b) He feels that conditions are ripe for a majority government;
c) The Liberals have a quicker than expected rejuvenation of the party.

It is an exciting time in Canadian politics, no doubt.

Ford Prefect is offline  
Old
01-27-2006, 11:55 AM
  #14
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck
The Habs can't afford to allow Price to mess up. There's too much at stake.

From what I hear Latendresse is sorely in need of special mentoring. All that hypeabout his starting the season in Montréal was just a wet dream.
I have the feeling that Latendresse will be a better pro player...some players aren't that good in junior but when they hit the NHL, it's another story...it might be the case with Latendresse, and IMO, it's the case with Kostitsyn...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline  
Old
01-27-2006, 11:56 AM
  #15
Gump_Wamsley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 81
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Prefect
That remains to be seen. With the country having gone through 3 elections in the last 5 1/2 years, no one is going to be quick to bring down the government. At $250,000,000.00 per pop, no one is going to want to be responsible for another. I don't think that there are going to be any major objections to the platform that the Conservatives are going to be bringing to the table. He promised to correct the "fiscal imbalance" which means he has the Bloc's support. Add to that, you're going to see a protracted battle for the next leader of Canada's governing party. I think Martin is going to try his best to block the campaigns of some of the leading candidates (Copps, Manley to name a few). They're not going to be in position to block anything, with the disarray you're gonna see. Don't be surprised to see this minority last 3 years. It will last until:

a) Harper tries to implement some social conservative agenda. He's too smart to try until he has a majority;
b) He feels that conditions are ripe for a majority government;
c) The Liberals have a quicker than expected rejuvenation of the party.

It is an exciting time in Canadian politics, no doubt.
Uhm....it's been less than a week since the election and Harper has already been hospitalised for Asthma. I'm VERY confident about his ability to act under pressure; i.e., being the Prime Minister and all.

As for Rollie the throw back Goalie, I'd keep him as far away from Price as possible.

Gump_Wamsley is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.