HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Koivu with Ward and Begin next game...

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2003, 10:40 AM
Bob Bastards

vCash: 500
Koivu with Ward and Begin next game...

It as been annonce by RDS

Link: RDS confirmation

I think it will be good. Ward and Begin play a good game monday. The player will get the message that if you play well, you will get ice time and a chance to prove yourself. I am happy with that.

Old
10-22-2003, 10:42 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Well, you certainly can't break up the other two lines, especially the Ryder-Perreault-Audette trio. Saku will get the best out of Jason Ward, and Begin should be at his fiery best.

Old
10-22-2003, 10:43 AM
Brownies

Is he playing on the 4th line because he's not ready to play too much time ??? I hope he's not there because Julien doesn't want to break the "chemistry".

Old
10-22-2003, 10:51 AM
dRock

I think what juleins trying to do is good. he's not relegating saku to the fourth line.. he's moving ward and begin to a line with saku.. thats what they said. i'm sure that line will see lots of ice time as will the other three lines we have that are clicking. it's great... 4 nice lines.

peace
Derick

Old
10-22-2003, 10:52 AM
fatmax

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownies
Is he playing on the 4th line because he's not ready to play too much time ??? I hope he's not there because Julien doesn't want to break the "chemistry".
I think that in any way, it's going to break the chemistry because if somebody play bad on the first 2 lines, he's going to be demoted to the fouth to make some room for Koivu

I just hope he's going to play more often then just the regular 4th line game time

I totally agree with the fact that koivu's going to take the best of Ward and I can't hardly wait to see that!

Fat

Old
10-22-2003, 10:53 AM
Hab at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownies
I'd assume that it's to break Saks into the game slowly. Let's not forget that he's only played 1 period of preseason hockey since last year. His timing and conditioning are not going to be at peak level yet. There's also no reason to throw him to the lions, so to speak, the other lines are doing well.

Ward and Begin have size to protect him and it not like he'll be playing with the Dwyer's of the league that have limited talent, both Ward and Begin have decent talent and Koivu will only enhance that. Koivu will probably also get decent time on the PP to give him more playing time.

The top three lines have been pretty evenly played, they are averaging around 14 -16 min each while the 4th line is getting around 10 min. add an extra 2-4 min of PP time for Saks and he's getting right around the same time as the others until he's fully back in game shape. To me this is a good call on CJ's part.

PS: To all the doubters out there this should only ease your suspicions about the identity of habfan1084 this isn't the first time he's brought accurate info before it been released.

Old
10-22-2003, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
Well, you certainly can't break up the other two lines, especially the Ryder-Perreault-Audette trio. Saku will get the best out of Jason Ward, and Begin should be at his fiery best.
I'm sure it's just a temporary thing, he hasn't played in a while, it won't be long till he has better wingers, the Ryder-perreault-Audette line was good for a couple of games but since then Ryder been doing all the work, so by next week he'll probably be centering that line, if that line is doing good right now, imagine how good it could be with Koivu, that's how I look at it

Old
10-22-2003, 10:58 AM
Brownies

So, he'll see little 5 on 5 time because he's not 100 % and he'll play on the PP where it's less dangerous... Probably a good decision finaly.

Old
10-22-2003, 10:59 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I'd like to see Ryder with Koivu. Maybe a Ryder Koivu Ward line, but I don't think they'd go for it.

Old
10-22-2003, 11:00 AM
Hab at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I'd like to see Ryder with Koivu. Maybe a Ryder Koivu Ward line, but I don't think they'd go for it.
Probably not this year but, in the future who knows?

Old
10-22-2003, 11:02 AM
Bob Bastards

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRock
I think what juleins trying to do is good. he's not relegating saku to the fourth line.. he's moving ward and begin to a line with saku.. thats what they said. i'm sure that line will see lots of ice time as will the other three lines we have that are clicking. it's great... 4 nice lines.

peace
Derick
I think your right. Julien did not demode Koivu, he is promoting Ward and Begin. He will force the other line to play harder. Expect him to see PP time also. He will end up with 15-16 min of play time, don't worry. Ward and Begin will help Koivu by digging the puck in the corner so he don't have to force is knee.

Old
10-22-2003, 11:04 AM
Le depisteur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 TO MTL
I'm sure it's just a temporary thing, he hasn't played in a while, it won't be long till he has better wingers, the Ryder-perreault-Audette line was good for a couple of games but since then Ryder been doing all the work, so by next week he'll probably be centering that line, if that line is doing good right now, imagine how good it could be with Koivu, that's how I look at it
Exactly... Bégin and Ward played near 10 minutes against the Red Wings... And with a full power-play time and few presences in penalty-killing, Koivu will play about 16 minutes... It's ok after an inactivity of one month... But, Perreault should play good because Koivu will get his place quickly...

Old
10-22-2003, 11:09 AM
hockey_nut

agreed... it's just to mold saks back into action... chances are he'll start on this line for 1 or 2 games... (excluding the PP)

Old
10-22-2003, 11:15 AM
Agalloch

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut
agreed... it's just to mold saks back into action... chances are he'll start on this line for 1 or 2 games... (excluding the PP)
What will be the player sitting... when Saks will come back? Sundstrom? Dackell?

Old
10-22-2003, 11:24 AM

Quote:
I think there's no doubt we'll see Ryder with Koivu, I think since Koivu's been in the league, he's never benefited from a player like Ryder, one who can go into the corners dig the puck out, grind, Shayne corson could do that, but he didn't have Ryder's scoring touch, I think, no, i'm positive Ryder and Koivu will be a lethal combination, I think nowadays it's mre important to have good duo's then a good trio, the 3rd player only needs to be a complimentary player, we've got, Ribeiro-Zednik, Perreault-Audette (yuck!), Juneau-Dackell, Bégin-Ward seem to have good chemistry, hopefully Koivu and Ryder can develop the same, The reason I think they'll be good together is because Koivu liek to carry the puck, then set-up a teamate for a quick shot, Ryder has one of the quickest realeases on a shot on this team, i'm telling you they'll be lethal, and i'm sure CJ has already envisonned this....

Old
10-22-2003, 11:28 AM
Breenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by st4ticx
What will be the player sitting... when Saks will come back? Sundstrom? Dackell?
It's got to be Sundstrom. The Bullis Jeunau Dackell line has been fantastic so far, there would be no reason to sit Dacks (or for that matter, anyone on the top 3 lines).

Old
10-22-2003, 11:46 AM
Lewis63

Will Koivu be centering the line or Begin?
I would think it would be Saku

Did begin have good numbers in Junior? Could he explode and become a good winger for Koivu?

Old
10-22-2003, 11:47 AM
hockey_nut

I'd expect it to be Begin - Koivu - Ward

Begin plays both center and the left-wing.

Old
10-22-2003, 12:10 PM
Breenger

I like this line, Begin and Ward will bang away in the corners and stand in front of the net so Koivu doesn't have to. Begin will also take out anyone who takes any liberties with our beloved captain. This way we have 4, count them... four!! quality NHL lines playing, when was the last time the habs had that?

Old
10-22-2003, 12:16 PM
hockey_nut

i wouldn't expect it to last... koivu's needs a scorer on his wing... with all due respect to Begin and Ward, they're not entirely 25+ goal scorers

Old
10-22-2003, 12:36 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis63
Will Koivu be centering the line or Begin?
I would think it would be Saku

Did begin have good numbers in Junior? Could he explode and become a good winger for Koivu?
Link to Begin's stats in Junior :

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...id%5B%5D=26801

Old
10-22-2003, 12:42 PM
RaTcine

Lw

Claude Julien said "On possède de la profondeur à l'avant pour tenter plusieurs expériences. Des joueurs comme Saku, (Mike) Ribeiro, (Yanic) Perreault, Bégin et d'autres peuvent jouer à l'aile."

For the non-French people, Julien said that habs has enough depth on the attack to try some experiences. Players like Saku, Ribeiro, Perreault, Bégin and others can play on the wings.

So, maybe we can think about a future line (in 2 or 3 games) with Saku-Ribeiro-Zednik ?

Hossa is not constant so he could see his TOI fall.

Anyways, I think that the Begin-Koivu-Ward could be something good. Begin in front of the net, disturbing goalie, Koivu passing to Ward, Ward shoots and scoresssssssssss!!!!!!!

Old
10-22-2003, 12:48 PM
RaTcine

To continue...
"Si on me demande de jouer à l'aile, je le ferai, Ribeiro fait savoir. La seule chose que je veux, c'est de jouer et de jouer beaucoup.

Ribeiro a rappelé avoir été utilisé à l'aile gauche, il y a deux ans, aux côtés de Perreault et de Zednik.

"On avait joué ensemble pendant un mois et ç'avait bien été. J'étais à l'aise", a-t-il argué.

So he played on LW 2 years ago with Zednik and Perreault and it went well...I dont really remember...

Old
10-22-2003, 01:50 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Nah. Too slow. I'd rather have Bulis and Ryder play with him eventually. Both have size, but Ryder is the best finisher in close and Bulis has speed to create scoring chances.

But I always wanted to see what it would look like to play Koivu and Ward together. Here's his chance to show what he can do with our best playmaker offensively. Looking forward to that game!

Old
10-22-2003, 01:53 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by st4ticx
I'd assume 99% chances it's Sundstrom given how his ice time has consistently sliped due to his less than stellar effort out there.

Closed Thread