HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oil 2nd in the conference!

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2003, 05:24 PM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
Oil 2nd in the conference!

There is a 6-way tie for 2nd place in the conference, all 6 teams have 3-2-0-0 records

Check it out at espn, they update the standings at the end of each game:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/standi...e&seasontype=2

Old
10-20-2003, 05:38 PM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
There is a 6-way tie for 2nd place in the conference, all 6 teams have 3-2-0-0 records

Check it out at espn, they update the standings at the end of each game:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/standi...e&seasontype=2
ESPN is the home of hockey, oh , wait, that's baseball, football, college football, basketball, golf and the various race circuits. My bad.

Old
10-20-2003, 09:05 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
ESPN is the home of hockey, oh , wait, that's baseball, football, college football, basketball, golf and the various race circuits. My bad.
True, but the fact remains that they update their league standings faster than any other site does.

Old
10-21-2003, 09:04 AM
H-Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffneck69
big whoop 5 games into the season and the Oilers are in second place. Good job meat head making youself look like a loser. The Oilers would be lucky to be in 6th place this year and you have make our board look bad say stupid things like the Oilers are in second place. Well tell you what, the oil will lose tonight.
First things first; please, do us all a favour, slow down, and type to make sense. Type it into Word and correct all of the green and red lines before posting.

Second, I think it was pretty clear, at least to me, that Oi'll Say! was kidding around. You are right; who cares what the standings are now??

As for your predictions; "lucky to place in 6th", and "the oil will lose tonight", let me tell you; I would love to have those telepathic skills. Any reason for those predictions? Let's review the facts; EDM beat COL just two days ago, and you are writting off the Oilers against arguably an inferior hockey team?

Please back your statements up with reasoning.

Old
10-21-2003, 09:18 AM
OYLer

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrie
First things first; please, do us all a favour, slow down, and type to make sense. Type it into Word and correct all of the green and red lines before posting.

Second, I think it was pretty clear, at least to me, that Oi'll Say! was kidding around. You are right; who cares what the standings are now??
Good one comrie!!!

Officially the Oilers are in Fourth Place.
http://www.nhl.com/onthefly/standing...standings.html

Old
10-21-2003, 11:13 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffneck69
big whoop 5 games into the season and the Oilers are in second place. Good job meat head making youself look like a loser. The Oilers would be lucky to be in 6th place this year and you have make our board look bad say stupid things like the Oilers are in second place. Well tell you what, the oil will lose tonight.
The Oilers get absolutely no respect by poster like you. What's with calling other posters names. That is uncalled for. It doesn't matter who the Oilers beat, you will find something negative to say and don't give them a snowballs chance just like Sports Forecaster who constantly has the Oilers finishing 12th or lower in the Western Conference.