HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MSG Blows

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Zobes

vCash: 500
MSG Blows

MSG is sending Rochester Time Warner customers the Devils / Lightning game instead of the Sabres game. This is not the first time they have sent us the wrong feed.

If I can find a way to articulate my anger, which burns with the intensity of a thousand suns, I am going to write a letter to Time Warner tomorrow and see if after nearly fifty hockey games they can get MSG in line on behalf of their customers who pay them a small fortune every month.

Small consolation: I'm not the only one who immediately reached for the phone. The Time Warner rep I talked to is hearing from a lot of Sabres fans tonight. Maybe we will be heard.

Old
01-27-2006, 03:59 PM
Jim Boeheim

MSG has glitches, we all must understand that.

The Devils game was pre-empted witht the Sabres game after several minutes.

Old
01-27-2006, 04:05 PM
KasparKrunch

does anyone live near geneva, ny. i am going to college their next year and i am wondering what games/channels i can watch hockey on...

Old
01-27-2006, 05:10 PM
SabresFan79

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasparKrunch
does anyone live near geneva, ny. i am going to college their next year and i am wondering what games/channels i can watch hockey on...
check out the "zones" of coverage on MSG.com. You'll enjoy the Sabres, rather than the Rangers, next year at Hobart.

Old
01-27-2006, 10:08 PM
Jim Boeheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasparKrunch
I don't live far from Geneva.
if you Time Warner, the Finger Lakes version, then it's channel 51.
Sometimes it's 53

Old
01-28-2006, 11:19 PM
KasparKrunch

thanks guys

Old
01-29-2006, 02:03 PM
SabresGuy

Congrats on coming to Hobart. I am about to graduate from the bart' and I am happy that I came here. Good decision. Let me know if you have any questions about the school that I can help you with. Go Statesman!

Old
01-30-2006, 03:03 PM
Devo-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zobes
If I can find a way to articulate my anger, which burns with the intensity of a thousand suns, I am going to write a letter to Time Warner tomorrow and see if after nearly fifty hockey games they can get MSG in line on behalf of their customers who pay them a small fortune every month.
You may have some anger management issues Zobes.

Old
03-06-2006, 10:53 AM
Zobes

My bad. I guess programming a TV station is a lot harder than I thought. Courtesy of Phil Mushnick in today's New York Post:

Saturday night, the Islanders, on Cablevision's sports spillover station - Ch. 60 on most Cablevision systems - celebrated their 1980 Stanley Cup team with an hour-long ceremony before their game against Philly.

But for thousands of subscribers to Cablevision's Westchester system, the celebration seemed more like a salute to the negligence that has been leaving cable's sports fans exasperated and aggravated since well before 1980.

Not only did Cablevision's Westchester system fail to program the celebration, it failed to program the game that followed.

And then, in further keeping with tradition, Cablevision left callers on interminable hold - from the start of the Isles' celebration, through it and then into the start of the game. When a customer service rep finally picked up, she had no idea what she was talking about - or was simply conditioned to point in a direction other than Cablevision's.

At 8:40, well after the Islander game began and long after the celebration of the 1980 team ended, the Flyers-Isles came on in Westchester.

Old
03-06-2006, 06:35 PM
Amd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyboehiem
MSG has glitches, we all must understand that.

The Devils game was pre-empted witht the Sabres game after several minutes.
Its not MSG, it is your cable provider. Peeps with satellite did not have that problem. Time Warner will get both feeds because they have customers in both areas. It is up to them to give you the right feed, not MSG. They just pay MSG to unscramble it.

Closed Thread