HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumour: Biron Headed To Edmonton Possibly By End Of The Weekend....

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2006, 10:08 PM
The_Heat_Is_On_15*

vCash: 500
Rumour: Biron Headed To Edmonton Possibly By End Of The Weekend....

Hey Everybody , got some big news for you , you can interpret it however you may want , but you should trust me it's legit!

I was listening to the Team 1200 here in Ottawa on the Sens pre-game show tonight , and they had the pre-game round table with rumblings and rumors and Bob Mckenzie was on and reported the following...here's the summary

He said that something is gonig down with the Oil following the 2 trades they made today. Biron is very close to being an Oiler. Apperantly Lowe had the 2 deals done earlier in the day but waited till 4/430 to announce the deals since he was hopeing to have A deal for Biron completed with the other 2.

- Lowe spent alot of last night and today speaking with Darcy Regier and team managment. Also what may be holding up the deal was in fact that Buffalo was requestion a top 4 D in the deal , which is why Loww went out and got some backup and made the 2 trades today. Even more is that Lowe was discussing things with managment and even got a package together for Marc Denis as a backup plan but they rather not go there seeing as Denis is not a significant backup

So the deal would be as follows:

To EDM: Biron

To BUF : Staios , Dvorak , 2nd round pick * There's also an outside chance it's Moreau but Mckenzie said Moreau is very valubale to Edmonton and if it was him then there will be no pick or Buffalo will add another player

That would then leave the Oil with 3 goalies , but would most likely send Conklin to the minors or try and trade him adn go with Biron and Markanen.
What this guy told me was Loew wasen't saying too much but said it could be done by end of the weekend and begining of next week , and while it can still fall apart , it's looking good and something is defenitly up!
He finished by saying Lowe wants Edmonton to be a legitmate threat and contend with the Flames and Cancuks for the Northwest title and thinks the D and a Goalie will defenitly do that

Anyway , you don't gotta believe me ,I don't really care , I'm just passing on what I heard cause i know it's important news ......nothing is confirmed by any means so yah but this roundtable stuff on every Sens pre-game is very legit and gets alot of attention. This is huge , I'm defenitly going to be following this , something could happen soon!

PS A little surprised no Edmonton radio has reproted on this yet , but I'm sure they will pick up on it tommorow ....Mckenzie was breaking the story saying it's not widely known yet although alot of Emonton media has allready hinted towards this!

Stay Tuned.......

Last edited by The_Heat_Is_On_15*: 01-26-2006 at 10:19 PM.
Old
01-26-2006, 10:11 PM
oil slick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike755

To BUF : Staios , Moreau , 2nd round pick
Wow - that seems like alot... still Mckenzie seems plugged in.

Old
01-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Why would Edmonton give up so much?

Old
01-26-2006, 10:12 PM
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

Quote:

thats giving up way too much...I wouldnt do it

Old
Bryanbryoil
Bozo Buddies

Quote:

No way in HELL I'd make that deal. Minus our 2nd rounder and have a 2nd rounder coming our way and then maybe.

Old
jussiaddict

I'd think we'd be getting something more than Biron, especially if Moreau is going the other way.

Old
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

Regier is smart.

Lots of teams need goalies.

Goalies = high demand.

High demand = bigger return.

Moreau is a wicked player though.

Old
01-26-2006, 10:13 PM
PDO

Send a message via AIM to PDO
Staios, Moreau and a 2nd?

No flippin way..

Old
rydlar

Sounds like a large overpayment for Buffalo's back-up goalie who was their 3rd stringer at one point this season...

Old
faneuil

Quote:
That would then leave the Oil with 3 goalies , but would most likely send Conklin to the minors or try and trade him adn go with Biron and Markanen.
Actually, it would leave the Oilers with 4 goalies.

Jeeze, what is Morrison, chopped liver?? Still no respect.

Out of the names being thrown around, I'd want Biron the most. But the Oilers would have to move 2 goalies. No way Morrison would clear waivers. If Anderson got picked up, Mo definately would. Conklin...well, anyway. And Jussi, he's the pendulum for me. I really want him to stay, and then I really want him to go.

Old
redsox18

That's greta news, but I'll wait until it is final to get excited. Although Bob Mckenzie knows his stuff and virtually guaranteed the Oilers would trade for dmen today.

It seems like lot to give up but I guarantee someone else is coming back with Biron, maybe Afinogenov.

Old
Bergeron47

McKenzie called the other trades...

interesting..

I think that Staios AND Moreau are an overpayment. On the other hand, Biron's played great this year, especially with the 'give something to get something' theory..

Old
01-26-2006, 10:15 PM
Bergeron47

Oh, by the way.

I had a dream last night that we made a trade with Buffalo. I can't remember the details, just that it was a big trade, and Mike Grier was involved coming back to Edmonton..

Old
01-26-2006, 10:18 PM
Hemsky is a gangsta
Hemsky is a gangsta

haha, a couple weeks ago i had a dream that we got Brewer back for Laraque

that deal seems like a pretty steep price to pay, but who knows what other GMs have been offering?

Old
The_Heat_Is_On_15*

My Bad guys , It actually is not Moreau , my friend pointed this out for me , it's the other way around , actually Dvorak , and then there's an outside chance it's Moreau and then Buffalo would add another player if it's Moreau ....cause if it's Moreau origonally then Edmonton gets hosed!

Sorry for screwing that up , but yeah Mckeznie is awsome I really like him , he knows his stuff and when he reported this he sounded very confident but cautious saying it's no widely known just yet .....but he was bang on earlier in the week on the D

Old
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydlar
Sounds like a large overpayment for Buffalo's back-up goalie who was their 3rd stringer at one point this season...

He was never the 3rd string goaltender,I don't know where you got that from but it is not true.The reason Biron's a backup because Miller is a great goalie,Biron could be starting on half the team's right now.

Old
01-26-2006, 10:21 PM
Cerebral

I would do Staios + Dvorak for Biron + a pick but only if we had a deal already lined up for Parrish or Recchi. If so, this looks great:

Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky
Torres-Stoll-Parrish
Moreau-Peca-Pisani
Harvey-Reasoner-Laraque

Pronger-Bergeron
Smith-Spacek
Greene-Tarnstrom

I really like the looks of that defence if Tarnstrom turns it around in Edmonton...

Old
01-26-2006, 10:21 PM
hockeyfan125
HFB Partner

I hope to god the Oilers get a good goalie. With the Canucks looking lost (even if they make the playoffs, they have no heart) I cannot fathom the Flamers doing well.

I love the Oil, as a bunch of my dads friends were Oiler fans so growing up they forced them upon me.

I think the current Oilers team (once getting a goalie) is in GREAT shape to go on a deep playoff run. The forward group is so deep, and great at faceoffs (key in the playoffs). Hemsky, although inconsistent, is well on his way to becomming a game-breaker.

Jarret Stoll is also my favourite player in the NHL. If someone who had never heard of hockey before asked what a hockey player was like, you would tell him Stoll, or Smyth.

The Oil are all heart.

Old
01-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
So Rainy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
He was never the 3rd string goaltender,I don't know where you got that from but it is not true.The reason Biron's a backup because Miller is a great goalie,Biron could be starting on half the team's right now.
Ok I get that Miller is a great goalie and that being what it is, thats why he's the 'STARTER' and Biron is the non -starter or 'BACKUP'. I see how that could be confusing.

And yes Staois, Moreau and a 2nd is an over payment. Staois and A 2nd seems better, unless Buffalo is sending someone else back

Old
01-26-2006, 10:23 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Staois is now redundant

taking up cap space

Old
01-26-2006, 10:25 PM
TowMater14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jussiaddict
I'd think we'd be getting something more than Biron, especially if Moreau is going the other way.
I think given the fact that he hasn't got a goalie is a big sign of what it will take to get one. IMO we definetly came out on top on the other two so if we give a little more in this one, it will all come out in the wash. What if some one offered Biron, Tarnstrom and Spacek for Rita, Cross, Staios, Dvorak, Salmelainen and a second? You have to give to get. We have more then enough defence to cover Staios being traded and how long did we get along and do well without Dvo?

Old
01-26-2006, 10:26 PM
Veinless

Give me Staios and a 2nd rounder or give me.. death?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47
McKenzie called the other trades...

interesting..

I think that Staios AND Moreau are an overpayment.
Unfortunately, this is a seller's market. This is what Buffalo can demand and receive. I would much rather lose Staios and a 2nd rounder than Staios and Moreau. Ethan's 1.1 million is well spent cash.

Ulanov as a 7th D in the PB is good money, especially come playoffs, where someone willing to put his body on the line, every shift of every game, is money in the bank.

Greene at this point is on a level with Pronder, Smith, and MAB - untouchable. This leaves Staios as our trade goods. Thanks for your service, Steve. Enjoy life in Buffalo. Too bad you won't share in our Stanley Cup, but we'll send post-cards.

Cheers,
V.

Old
01-26-2006, 10:26 PM
OYLer

Thread title change needed..

MegaPhoneymike755, your dreaming in blurry shortwave hamradio if you think the 'Oil are doing that deal. Take two dosses of smelling salts and then give your head a shake.

Old
01-26-2006, 10:29 PM
rydlar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
I thought he was backing up Noronen at the start of the season? I vaguely recall that at the beginning of the year he could have been had for a song, no?

Old
01-26-2006, 10:33 PM
NB_Oiler_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
I would do Staios + Dvorak for Biron + a pick but only if we had a deal already lined up for Parrish or Recchi. If so, this looks great:

Smyth-Horcoff-Hemsky
Torres-Stoll-Parrish
Moreau-Peca-Pisani
Harvey-Reasoner-Laraque

Pronger-Bergeron
Smith-Spacek
Greene-Tarnstrom

I really like the looks of that defence if Tarnstrom turns it around in Edmonton...
Exactly... a Staios & Dvorak for Biron and a pick might be fine.... IF we had another deal in place for a 2nd line RWinger like Parrish. But I still think it is a bit of an overpayment for Biron.

Closed Thread