HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

what about a trade of weber to montreal...

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2006, 11:00 PM
shayne

vCash: 500
what about a trade of weber to montreal...

straight up for zednik or perhaps a bigger deal to include ribeiro, i like weber, he may not be ready for prime time but i hear good things, the habs need defensive prospects and i assume suter is your best and untouchable but nashville has a strong team and is a playoff threat, would they move a non roster player to improve the talent and depth of their top two lines and sacrifice a prospect?

feedback is what i am looking for, do we have a mock deal here?

Old
01-20-2006, 11:04 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayne
straight up for zednik or perhaps a bigger deal to include ribeiro, i like weber, he may not be ready for prime time but i hear good things, the habs need defensive prospects and i assume suter is your best and untouchable but nashville has a strong team and is a playoff threat, would they move a non roster player to improve the talent and depth of their top two lines and sacrifice a prospect?

feedback is what i am looking for, do we have a mock deal here?

Weber and Suter are almost on equal level of untouchable. Zednik is a wing that wouldn't even crack our top six right now, and Ribiero isn't really what we need. Sorry man, no go. Weber will likely be in the Preds lineup next season, and he's the biggest, most physical guy we have.

Old
01-21-2006, 12:23 AM
handtrick

What is it with all the "Ribero to the Preds" proposals?.....I can't think of any top two line center that I would rather NOT have on my team than him.

Old
01-21-2006, 11:46 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
The only way I can see use trading Weber is if it's a part of a larger package that sees us grab Komisarek and a center. But none of the Habs centers really intrigues me and I doubt they part with Komisarek. But we have two major organizational needs on the big squad and Weber fits one perfectly. We won't be getting rid of him unless we know we have another big, rugged Dman readily available.

Old
01-21-2006, 01:24 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

As a Habs fan, I'd love to see them get one of Nashville's superb young D. However, the only asset that would make it worthwhile is Koivu, who is a proven playoff warrior and an established 1st center (but UFA at year's end). I think I'm being objective when I say that Koivu would be a very good playoff and stretch run addition. IMO he would be in roughly the same class of Jokinen and Weight all things considered, and probably be worth one of Nashville's young D.

Which one, of course, is another question, as I recognize the untouchability of Suter and Weber. The best candidate is probably Parent, as trading Hamhuis would open up a hole on D. If the Koivu negotiations go sour, I wouldn't mind seeing the Habs pull off the typical rental type of deal of prospect (Parent) + decent draft pick, though I'd greedily hope that Gainey would hold out for one of Suter or Weber.

I'm a Habs fan minority voice, but I would deal the captain for a potential defensive cornerstone.

Old
01-21-2006, 01:43 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

If the Preds felt confident they could re-sign Koivu, I'd give you Parent for Koivu, even being high on Parent as I am(especially after the WJCs he had)

Old
01-25-2006, 08:57 AM
Upchuck19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
If the Preds felt confident they could re-sign Koivu, I'd give you Parent for Koivu, even being high on Parent as I am(especially after the WJCs he had)
I was very impressed with Parent in the WJ's also. From what I heard of him was that he was a skilled only defenseman. Totally wrong, he has toughness and hits very good against the boards. He isn't as tough as Weber but will turn out to be a great pick for the Preds.

As for this topic, Ribeiro, Koivu and anything else the Habs have to offer I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. The first thing that is going out of Monteal is Theodore, but the Preds already have a better goalie already.

Old
01-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Bryanbryoil

Hell deal him to Edmonton for Torres!!! I really like Weber and I still maintain that at least IMO he is a better prospect than Suter. What is the consensus on this board now as to vs. last year in terms of Suter vs. Weber???

Old
01-29-2006, 02:20 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

It's not easy to compare the two, really. Overall, Suter is the more cerebral defenseman. The way he thinks the game is what will make him a star...and it's not like he doesn't play with an edge. I've said time and time again that there are a lot of comparisons to be made to his uncle...and even Rob Blake. On the other hand, Weber is that sort of big, mean defenseman that every team loves to have...and I think the fact that he represents a rare commodity in the Nashville prospect pool makes him hold a little more value TO US...rather than overall. Reminds me a lot of Adam Foote.

But I'd draw the line at saying he's a better defenseman or prospect than Suter.

Old
01-29-2006, 03:00 PM
Pred303

i still believe both suter and weber are basically untouchable right now in mangagement's eyes...too much potential, too young, too cheap, too many years under obligation to the organization..

klein is the best possiblity we have as far as potential trade material in the organization.. he's going to be a greta two way defensiveman, but we're loaded with two way defensivemen with both what's on our roster and parent in the pipeline

all suter for a year and half of richards type talk doesn't look forward in the future long enough... you only even think of dealing one of these future allstar type d-men in one of these type deals if you are absolutely sure you have one of those 25-26-27 year old centermen locked up for 3-4 years...and we don't have anyway of knowing that.. that's the problem with the new cba in dealing kids for already established veterans approaching UFA age

Old
01-30-2006, 08:13 AM
muddycreek*

Play with the had we have! we're going to make the playoffs and probably get past the second round. No use in rushing this thing and trading away our future!

Closed Thread