HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Bos/EDm Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2003, 02:09 PM
Chayos

vCash: 500
Bos/EDm Proposal

How about this deal

To Bos: comrie, Cross and a 3rd

To edm: Jillson, Hilbert and the rights to Berard.

Edmonton's blue line get a shot in the arm and they get a player in hilbert who may turn into something.

The bruins get a proven scoring threat for tehir 2nd line and d-man to fill the void left by jillson.

I now bruis fans are going to scream, but the reality is thye get the best player in this deal by a country mile and move a contract hassle. Win win for the bruins.

Old
10-16-2003, 02:41 PM
SeriousBusiness
T.Hall da man

Isn't Berard a little pricy for the Oilers? I know we would save money not paying Comrie anymore, but if he wants 2 or 3 mil, I don't think he's worth that kind of money.

Old
10-16-2003, 02:43 PM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanryann
Isn't Berard a little pricy for the Oilers? I know we would save money not paying Comrie anymore, but if he wants 2 or 3 mil, I don't think he's worth that kind of money.
Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think Boston offered him either 1.6 or 1.8 million which he was going to accept but then they pulled the deal off the table before he could sign

Old
10-16-2003, 03:01 PM
kacz

The Oilers won't accept anything unless a Top 6 forward and a solid young defenceman are included in the deal... (Ex. Stefan and Exelby)

Old
10-16-2003, 04:42 PM
Wpg Jets

Send a message via Yahoo to Wpg Jets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zherdev
The Oilers won't accept anything unless a Top 6 forward and a solid young defenceman are included in the deal... (Ex. Stefan and Exelby)
Bruins love Jillison too much to trade him for a small whiney forward.

Old
10-16-2003, 09:05 PM
Mayhem

Send a message via AIM to Mayhem
Yeap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think Boston offered him either 1.6 or 1.8 million which he was going to accept but then they pulled the deal off the table before he could sign
..It was $1.8mill that Mike O'Connell offered but when he eventually signed Potvin, Samsonov, and than Boynton he pulled the offer from the table sighting the funds were no longer there. So for Berard it was too little too late if he had just signed to what the Bruins were originally offering he'd be wearing the spoked B right now.

Old
10-17-2003, 05:34 AM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Looks pretty good from an Oilers point of view.

Old
10-17-2003, 08:17 AM
camboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos1
How about this deal

Edmonton's blue line get a shot in the arm and they get a player in hilbert who may turn into something.

The bruins get a proven scoring threat for tehir 2nd line and d-man to fill the void left by jillson.

I now bruis fans are going to scream, but the reality is thye get the best player in this deal by a country mile and move a contract hassle. Win win for the bruins.
I love the idea of Jillson in Oiler blue, but I can't see it happening. Is Berard not already "out there" for the taking?? Boston doesn't want him. I really think the Oiler's need to move Comrie for a forward who is ready to produce on one of the top two lines. Hilbert is a gamble at best. I don't think Lowe will deal with Boston on this one.

Old
10-17-2003, 01:18 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 50
the rights to Berard men nothing

Jillson is an interesting player, but the Oilers will want to hit a home run with the trade

Old
10-17-2003, 07:02 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem
..It was $1.8mill that Mike O'Connell offered but when he eventually signed Potvin, Samsonov, and than Boynton he pulled the offer from the table sighting the funds were no longer there. So for Berard it was too little too late if he had just signed to what the Bruins were originally offering he'd be wearing the spoked B right now.
Knowing Mike O'Connell, that money which is supposedly no longer there will magically reappear and be readily available to sign someone else this season. Mark my words.

Old
10-17-2003, 08:09 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
I don't think the Bruins own his rights do they? Isn't he a UFA?

10-17-2003, 09:04 PM
oilers_guy_eddie
Craig's not on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
I don't think the Bruins own his rights do they? Isn't he a UFA?
He's a UFA, but if Berard signs for $2.008 million or less (that's 80% of the arbitration settlement the Bruins walked away from) then the Bruins can match the offer and keep Berard.

So really, "the rights to Berard" is really just the right to save about $200k or so, if it's true that he's now willing to accept $1.8m.

Old
10-17-2003, 10:11 PM
McThome
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to McThome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpg Jets
Bruins love Jillison too much to trade him for a small whiney forward.
All this talk about Comrie being a whiner is so far off it hurts. He's good in the dressing room and players like him. He scores clutch goals (gets lots of game winners) and as mentioned is EASILY the best player in that deal. It would be win-win for Boston as Cross could come over and create a HUGE D-pairing with Gill. They seriously need a second line center as well.

Old
10-17-2003, 11:21 PM
Fists of Fuhry

How bout,

Quote:
How about this deal

Comrie for Boynton straight up?

Old
10-20-2003, 10:23 AM
pei_bruins

Send a message via MSN to pei_bruins
Quote:
How about this deal

This deal doesn't make a whole lot of sense for the Bruins. They definitely need a second line center, but the one other thing they need is a puck moving defenseman. I really don't think they would trade their best offensive d-man, even if it meant getting a quality second line center back. I could definitely see the Bruins moving Hilbert, but I don't think Cory Cross would help the team very much. They already have Gill and O'Donnell as defensive d-men. If I'm the Bruins I'd do Milan Jurcina and Hilbert for Comrie in a second. Whether the Oilers would do it or not, is a totally different question.

Old
10-21-2003, 08:10 AM
Kenadyan

Interesting footnote to this proposal --> Hilbert, Jillson, and Comrie all played at the University of Michigan. Go Blue!!

Closed Thread