HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Is it That time again?

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2006, 12:28 PM
Fat Elvis

vCash: 500
Is it That time again?

It may be time for my semi annual "Time to blowup" thread?

Is it getting to the point where it's time to unload some of our coming up ufa's that LA is not going to bring back next season? Are we good enough at this point to take seriously a LA cup run or even playoff success? Are the prospects like Tambs and Petiot too young to start their nhl careers?
Then it may be time for the big bomb. It may be time to move the Army, Corvo, Miller, Conroy and even Matty? I'm not saying today or even tomorrow, but I am saying that if this team continues its' path that over the olympic break, things better be in motion. At this point I don't consider this an overreaction but a effort to try and have some foresight.

As for the coaching staff the duck coach Carlise(sp) said it all in a quote from the oc register "We know their system, it is no mystery what their system is." It may be time for a bomb to go off there as well? A coaching staff whose system is no mystery? Great, F....great. Think a little changeup or alteration is in place there AM?

Old
01-29-2006, 04:44 PM
Osprey

I believe that the same thing that prevents DT from fixing holes and significantly improving the team also prevents him from rebuilding with a youth movement. That, of course, is the obsession with towing the status quo and making a profit for the first time ever. Trying to make the team better risks losing money and rebuilding risks losing fans (which equal money); however, cruising along a notch above mediocrity and a notch below respectability (as they've done for 9 years) is "safe." As long as they're always good for 8th place, they're happy. Don't expect them to sell off much of the future for the present and don't expect them to sell off much of the present for the future.

Last edited by Osprey: 01-29-2006 at 06:46 PM.
Old
01-29-2006, 05:09 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
I believe that the same thing that prevents DT from fixing holes and significantly improving the team also prevents him from rebuilding with a youth movement. That, of course, is the obsession with towing the status quo and making a profit for the first time ever. Trying to make the team better risks losing money and rebuilding risks losing fans (which equal money); however, cruising along a notch above mediocrity and a notch below respectability (as they've done for 9 years) is "safe." As long as they're always good for 8th place, they're happy. Don't expect them to sell off some of the future for the present and don't expect them to sell off some of the present for the future.
Well, I hope someone at least recognizes that the lack of one more solid defenseman is a threat to the team even getting the playoffs, and thus making money. From DT's comments at the Breakfast, I think he might be bringing someone in, however, I fear that it might not be the type of quality player we all hope for.

Old
01-29-2006, 05:43 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I'd be ok with us trading Miller, Army, Corvo, and Cowan.

Old
01-29-2006, 06:04 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey
Don't expect them to sell off some of the future for the present and don't expect them to sell off some of the present for the future.
This is the only part of your post I disagree with.

I wouldn't be surprised to sell off some of their future for the present if it means a big PR splash - as in JR or Anson Carter.

It would be nice if they would pick ONE plan and actually stick with it

Old
01-29-2006, 06:40 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP
I wouldn't be surprised to sell off some of their future for the present if it means a big PR splash - as in JR or Anson Carter.
I should clarify. I expect prospects and picks to be sold off for minor acquisitions as usual, but none of the past 1st-round selections or future 1st-round picks. I meant that the Kings will never go for broke to make a big playoff splash like winning teams do (ex. Avs for Blake or Wings for Schneider, both trading coveted players plus 1st-round picks).

Closed Thread