HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Puns n' COSes

Old
03-18-2017, 09:59 PM
HankClerval
Fifth Line Center

vCash: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
It's funny, I've browsed the Canes playoff bandwagon thread and there's a lot of discussion about how they all feel about the Blues. It seems most over there feel neutral at worst about them, and it makes me cringe. I understand why they wouldn't have any bad feelings towards them because they never play each other, but I absolutely hate everything about the Blues.
I have a co-worker who is a big Blues fan, so this is the perfect excuse to torture him.

Mike Yeo will make it easy.

HankClerval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 12:54 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
Another birthday without a Preds game for me. Seems like we never have one.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 08:43 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

vCash: 500
Happy Birthday anyway!

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2017, 08:45 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 05:55 AM
predfan98

Quote:
This year was my first for that...

Edit: All you people that post at 3am that are in the states, I can't even imagine. I struggle to sleep thru the night and cant take naps during the day

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 05:58 AM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post

Edit: All you people that post at 3am that are in the states, I can't even imagine. I struggle to sleep thru the night and cant take naps during the day
I can give my baby a bottle with one hand and post with the other!

03-20-2017, 07:49 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

For my 40th, my wife got a group together and we're heading up for the Sharks game on Saturday!

So amped!

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2017, 09:54 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post

It's a gift.

Also everyone in the states isn't on Central time. West coast it's "just" 1 AM. Middle of the night for you, not so much for night owls. If I get to sleep before midnight it's turning in early for me.

See, though, there's a tradeoff. You get up at 4 or 5. I can stay up til 4 or 5 but wake up then? Only for emergencies.

My birthday is around the All Star break. There have been some games on my birthday, most notably the one we played against the Thrashers in an ice storm. I still can't believe we made it there and back alive. Also, one year it was an away game in Colorado and Pete Weber wished me a happy birthday over the air. A few of my friends had gone to that game and told him it was a birthday with a zero. Ha!

Old
03-20-2017, 10:15 AM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
It's a gift.

Also everyone in the states isn't on Central time. West coast it's "just" 1 AM. Middle of the night for you, not so much for night owls. If I get to sleep before midnight it's turning in early for me.

See, though, there's a tradeoff. You get up at 4 or 5. I can stay up til 4 or 5 but wake up then? Only for emergencies.

My birthday is around the All Star break. There have been some games on my birthday, most notably the one we played against the Thrashers in an ice storm. I still can't believe we made it there and back alive. Also, one year it was an away game in Colorado and Pete Weber wished me a happy birthday over the air. A few of my friends had gone to that game and told him it was a birthday with a zero. Ha!
Back when I was, maybe, 20 or 21 years old I came down with a pretty severe anxiety disorder that I still deal with a decent amount to this day (As of yesterday I'm 32, so I've had it a little over a decade. PS, that's the first time I've actually said I'm 32. Weird.) An effect of the anxiety at that exact time was a weird thing where I found it impossible to sleep when it was dark outside. I would be an insomniac and watch TV or play games until the sun started to rise and then everything was all good from there, I felt better, and I could go to sleep. I can't remember what time of year this happened as far as when the sun came up but I probably slept somewhere between 5:30/6:00 and 1:00. Fortunately I didn't have any kind of business job, I was going to school and working a retail job...mainly at night...and I was able to get away with doing it, and fortunately that aspect of the anxiety was relatively short lived, but it was still a bit strange.

Fun times!

Old
03-20-2017, 11:24 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

32 is the best number.

My niece was living with us for a short time and she came home from clubbing around 3 AM (she was an adult in her 20's, have at it, girlfriend). She walked in and I'm sitting at the computer probably checking out hockey stuff, my husband is downstairs blaring Springsteen and playing his Smite game. She comes in, kind of shakes her head and laughs, and goes off to her room. My sister's an early bird so it was quite different from what she was used to.

Old
03-21-2017, 09:12 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
I had the chance to go watch the Preds play the Wild in St. Paul right after I came off the road. I left for Indy on my birthday, came back two days later in the afternoon, but I was exhausted and would have to drive 8 hours round-trip and decided to stay home and rest. Naturally, the Preds scored four unanswered and won 4-2. Ugh. (It's also like $85 to get in the door at Xcel, plus $20 to park, and radio doesn't exactly line one's pockets.)

The last "birthday game" I went to was the day before my birthday back in 2001 when - Adz will appreciate this - Cale Hulse scored in overtime to beat Boston. My God, that was 16 years ago... and I have a much easier time getting up the night after a game now than I did back then, somehow.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2017, 09:27 AM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I had the chance to go watch the Preds play the Wild in St. Paul right after I came off the road. I left for Indy on my birthday, came back two days later in the afternoon, but I was exhausted and would have to drive 8 hours round-trip and decided to stay home and rest. Naturally, the Preds scored four unanswered and won 4-2. Ugh. (It's also like $85 to get in the door at Xcel, plus $20 to park, and radio doesn't exactly line one's pockets.)

The last "birthday game" I went to was the day before my birthday back in 2001 when - Adz will appreciate this - Cale Hulse scored in overtime to beat Boston. My God, that was 16 years ago... and I have a much easier time getting up the night after a game now than I did back then, somehow.
Holy God I remember this game somehow. I think it was our first ever home overtime win, even though it was like 3 years into our existence.

Old
03-21-2017, 10:50 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
I remember it, of course. 0-0 regulation then scored in OT. Mr. Gorgeous did Good Work. And yes, it was the first OTW. I think before we'd gotten to OT and lost (sounds familiar, right?) or it had just stayed a tie after the 5 minutes.

January 20, then, right? January is the best month.

You know, we're really quite lucky being fans from the beginning. We have gotten to see a LOT of firsts.

Old
03-22-2017, 08:30 AM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

Quote:
Holy God I remember this game somehow. I think it was our first ever home overtime win, even though it was like 3 years into our existence.
I was there for that one... my son, who is now 24, was 8....

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2017, 09:54 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Jailbait was with me for that game, too.

She turns 30 tomorrow.

Old
03-22-2017, 10:22 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Was that the one who I took a Shea Weber shot to the chest and gave him the puck?

(yes, I took a Weber puck to the chest and lived....I also forgot about it and V82 had to remind me.)

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2017, 10:27 AM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Was that the one who I took a Shea Weber shot to the chest and gave him the puck?

(yes, I took a Weber puck to the chest and lived....I also forgot about it and V82 had to remind me.)
Are you certain you lived? I mean, there've been plenty of times when I wonder about that, and this would certainly explain a lot...

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2017, 10:30 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Are you certain you lived? I mean, there've been plenty of times when I wonder about that, and this would certainly explain a lot...
I have suffered WAY too much not to have lived.

And back on topic. Jesuit college vs. extremely liberal ivory tower public school? That is my choice.

Old
03-22-2017, 11:52 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
I have suffered WAY too much not to have lived.

And back on topic. Jesuit college vs. extremely liberal ivory tower public school? That is my choice.
We have no "on topic" in this thread. Don't be messing with the rules.

All things being equal (your cost roughly the same, the programs are accredited, each sufficiently prestigious with the people who would be hiring you) I think you would be more comfortable in the smaller of the two. Be mindful, though. If you feel the liberal college professors are "all wrong" upon entry it is a waste of your time. The Jesuits set up their school to promote their way of thinking. If you disagree vehemently, don't go there.

It also depends on your major. In my business we look for proficiency in some aspect of animation. Where you graduate from and your GPA has much less influence than your demo reel. Business or accounting may look at the university attended with more attention, however, because a staff with more prestigious credentials can make their firm more attractive.

Old
03-22-2017, 12:24 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
January 20, then, right? January is the best month.

You know, we're really quite lucky being fans from the beginning. We have gotten to see a LOT of firsts.
Absolutely, although it still stings that I didn't get to go to the Rangers game and see Gretzky the only time he came to Nashville. My dad split his season tickets with some friends of his and didn't get the Rangers game.

January is a perfectly fine month in Tennessee... not so much out here on the prairie. We hit -50 with the wind chill a few times this winter.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2017, 12:44 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Absolutely, although it still stings that I didn't get to go to the Rangers game and see Gretzky the only time he came to Nashville. My dad split his season tickets with some friends of his and didn't get the Rangers game.

January is a perfectly fine month in Tennessee... not so much out here on the prairie. We hit -50 with the wind chill a few times this winter.
brrrr is right.

I'm still annoyed that I didn't get to go to Game 1. Business partner and his then wife went. But I got to see the first goal the next game, and I got to see the "highlight reel" that came on TV before the first game (nothing on it--it was funny).

Old
03-22-2017, 12:45 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

Quote:

As much as I'd like to let you claim to be a Shea survivor, the answer is, yes, thats the one you gave the warmup puck to, but no, it wasn't Weber because that incident happened well before Weber joined the team

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2017, 05:15 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
As much as I'd like to let you claim to be a Shea survivor, the answer is, yes, thats the one you gave the warmup puck to, but no, it wasn't Weber because that incident happened well before Weber joined the team
Ok, I didn't even remember till you reminded me.

Old
03-22-2017, 11:41 PM
Gnashville
Hated Sixer!

Anyone notice in that Jack Daniels commercial that it looks nothing like Middle Tennessee and more like the midwest? There is not a tree one in it.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2017, 10:43 AM
triggrman

vCash: 557
hahaha, yup, no hills either.....

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote