HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Puns n' COSes

Old
01-12-2017, 07:21 PM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
The surgery went well, he is in intensive care but seems to be recovering well. Thanks
Good to hear!

Meanwhile, here in Ohio, we had thunderstorms and 60 degree days to follow a 10-degrees-and-below start of the week. No snowpocalypse, tho; just a quarter inch or so a few days ago. (I spent most of the last few days in bed with a sinus infection so didn't see much of the weather anyways.)

Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2017, 12:42 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

We have a young guy from Alaska here at the office--it's funny that HE is the one who's always all bundled up--50 or 60 degree weather and he's wearing a coat and hat inside. You'd think he would consider that to be shorts weather.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2017, 08:36 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Must be from the coastal regions.

Facebook - @jwhouk
Where I'd really rather be right now

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2017, 09:43 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhouk View Post
Not sure. He has Alaska tags on his car and his bank account is there, but his address is here. Guess at some point I should ask him.

Old
01-14-2017, 09:06 AM
Drake744
Tennessweden

vCash: 344
Quote:
Kinda like how you can find people from Canada who have never been able to play outdoor hockey in their life.....because they're from Vancouver.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2017, 12:33 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Go Falcons!!!!

AtlantaWhaler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2017, 07:51 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Go ahead, kick us while we're down.

jwhouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2017, 11:03 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Go ahead, kick us while we're down.
Erin complained to the refs like 20 times for perceived slights. Sorry she's an unlikable character.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2017, 09:37 PM
LCPreds

Anyone aware of a semi-regular viewing group in Murfreesboro? We've got half season tickets but sometimes I'd just like to get out and watch with a group locally when we're not going to the Bridge. Seems like any time I'm out for dinner on a game night locally I have to either ask for the game to get turned on or it's already on but no real atmosphere.

LCPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2017, 09:31 AM
Drake744
Tennessweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPreds View Post
Anyone aware of a semi-regular viewing group in Murfreesboro? We've got half season tickets but sometimes I'd just like to get out and watch with a group locally when we're not going to the Bridge. Seems like any time I'm out for dinner on a game night locally I have to either ask for the game to get turned on or it's already on but no real atmosphere.
I don't know about the Boro but it's fairly common for the Buffalo Wild Wings in Hermitage to have a decent amount of people there watching games. Maybe the same thing down there. Of course the problem with that is it's probably more likely to happen for road games since a lot of people who would care enough to go out and watch will be at home games.

Old
01-26-2017, 11:51 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Drake--A guy I go to the games with fairly frequently doesn't have FSTN on his cable package (actually I'm not positive he even has cable) and heads to BWW in Hermitage to watch games. We lost every time I went over there with him so I quit going.

Old
01-27-2017, 09:00 PM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 242
just saw a little video blurb on SBNation... apparently when the press flight to Denver was delayed heading out on the roadie the team went to Dave and Busters and played enough games until they could buy a giant Mario stuffed doll, who then went with them on the road trip. He apparently got left at the Denver airport by accident and got an Uber ride to the arena, and made the whole trip with them.
sounds like a little impromptu team building may have had some benefits...

01-28-2017, 01:10 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

They were doing some Mario references during the game the other night (Tuesday I think...they all blur) and the people around me were like "Wut?" but I got it, of course. I keep up. ;-) And apparently they're pulling in the whole Uber sponsorship into the Mario "legend" because the guys forgot him somewhere and they called Uber to bring it/him? to them. I'd never heard Uber mentioned except as, you know, Uber...not in any meaningful way to the team itself but they made sure it was prominent to the story--and Thursday night suddenly they were sponsors and have an Uber docking port and everything. It was probably coincidental, but you never know.

They had to really work together to get enough tickets for that particular prize. Whatever works! It's this year's version of All Night Long, I guess.

Old
01-28-2017, 05:45 PM
Carolinas Identity*
#GoPERDS #win

vCash: 50
Guys, I have some free advice for y'all. Do *NOT*, under *ANY* circumstances. play RE7 on a VR. It's gonna take a week for my heart to slow down... haha

Carolinas Identity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2017, 03:53 AM
Carolinas Identity*
#GoPERDS #win

Old
01-31-2017, 07:44 PM
Nitrous Mafia

LOLsuburbanites

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news...laws/97282158/

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2017, 02:00 AM
Carolinas Identity*
#GoPERDS #win

Pretty sure I just saw a dog chasing a cat chasing a rabbit just now...

weird

Old
02-01-2017, 07:19 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Mafia View Post
Seems less of a suburban issue and more of a metro/city issue. I would say LOL City Folks

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2017, 12:39 PM
Preds33

So this is nifty. Would be kinda cool if it came to town.

Indoor 'drive-in' movie theater, bar planned near Nissan Stadium

A drive-in theater that's expected to have the largest non-IMAX movie screen in North America is on the drawing board for a parking lot near Nissan Stadium.

New York-based designer-director Michael Counts is behind plans for the August Moon Drive-In, which will also offer a dining experience and full bar.

Counts has a letter of intent with property owners Randy and Bill Bailey for a ground lease of the 7.7-acre parking lot at 14 James Robertson Parkway near Interstate 24, which during football season is used by patrons of Tennessee Titans games.

Plans call for a 40,000 square foot air-supported dome designed to accommodate 50 mid-1960s classic cars and other features to provide patrons a "transported experience" back in time. There'll also be dozens of full-sized trees, grass, gravel pathways, hammocks, a panoramic starry sky overhead, fireflies and an August “sailor’s moon” glowing orange and red just above the tree line.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...8eebc8bdaf34d9

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Seeing as how I lived it...the sound was poor, snacks seemed to find their way all across the car and let's just say that making out in a car at a drive in is not as glamorous as it seems. But you kids go on and have fun... :-D

Old
02-09-2017, 10:48 PM
AdmiralsFan24

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
So random questions I've been wondering.

Who all gets Predators games on TV and how is the market divided? Does Alabama get Preds games? How much of Alabama? Does Kentucky? Does a major (relatively) market like Louisville get games? Does Louisville even get Preds games due to their proximity to Indianapolis and a lesser extent Columbus?

How are games between the Grizzlies and Predators divided? I'm assuming when they play at the same time, the Predators get the Nashville area and the Grizzlies get the Memphis area. Is there an alternate channel if you're say a Preds fan in Memphis?

And how does the Fox Sports South umbrella work? I'm assuming their headquarters are in Atlanta so they are called Fox Sports South. I know they do (did?) broadcast Preds games after the Thrashers left. Is there any difference between Fox Sports South and Fox Sports Southeast?

AdmiralsFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2017, 03:02 AM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
So random questions I've been wondering.

Who all gets Predators games on TV and how is the market divided? Does Alabama get Preds games? How much of Alabama? Does Kentucky? Does a major (relatively) market like Louisville get games? Does Louisville even get Preds games due to their proximity to Indianapolis and a lesser extent Columbus?

How are games between the Grizzlies and Predators divided? I'm assuming when they play at the same time, the Predators get the Nashville area and the Grizzlies get the Memphis area. Is there an alternate channel if you're say a Preds fan in Memphis?

And how does the Fox Sports South umbrella work? I'm assuming their headquarters are in Atlanta so they are called Fox Sports South. I know they do (did?) broadcast Preds games after the Thrashers left. Is there any difference between Fox Sports South and Fox Sports Southeast?
Im in Western KY and I get Preds games on my Fox Sports South. Don't know about whats different with FSSE

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2017, 10:11 AM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

I know that FSTN is a carve out of FSS. At times, Preds games are on an alternate channel but all the production items (the graphics, titles, etc.) remain the same, so I'd assume that's what happens with Grizzlies games, too. When those teams aren't playing it's called FSS.

Northern Alabama (Huntsville) gets FSTN programming. How far south it goes, I'm not sure. When the Thrashers were unceremoniously yanked, er...exited from Atlanta their market was absorbed by both the Hurricanes and the Predators. That market, whatever it was, got half of each. So are they part of the market? Beats me! My mom lives in Athens AL and gets all the Hurricanes and Preds games.

I did a search of Fox Sports Regions and there is a map http://www.foxsports.com/regions

but not much way to tell exactly where the areas end. There was a screen supposedly saying the TV stations for the area which might have been helpful but nothing showed up generally, only as specific stations for your area. Sometimes pinpoint technology bites you.

FSSE used to be Sports South, which was an alternate channel for the Preds games. I think they focus more on Atlanta and coastal sports teams but branch out when necessary. They may be another carve out. Not sure about that.

Old
02-10-2017, 12:35 PM
Drake744
Tennessweden

I thought FS South got Grizzlies games but maybe I'm wrong. FS South and Southeast generally focus on Atlanta area sports (We get Hawks games don't we?). In baseball we get Reds games through the FS Ohio broadcast, which is simulcasted through one of our local FS stations. We do get all Braves games.

edit: I guess Adz covered the focusing on Atlanta part.

Last edited by Drake744: 02-10-2017 at 12:41 PM.
Old
02-10-2017, 07:30 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinas Identity View Post

Ok I can't rember what show he is from?

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote